Stage Select

Gotta Find That Dragonball

18 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

@BornWinner"New Dragon Ball Movie coming out next year." 

Darc Requiem: 😀

BornWinner: It will be CGI.

Darc Requiem: 😔

If they keep the same quality or better as the CG that they used for Broly then I'm fine with that.  I know how people feel about traditional 2D vs 3D and I get that but there's been some amazing strides in 3D animation to make it near the expressiveness and fluidity that stylized 2-D brings to the table.  Hell Arc Sys I feel has been showing that for some time now.  Its a matter of the animators at this point so lets see what they bring to the table first.

37 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

So he finally got a W? The most aggravating thing about watching Super for me, besides the inconsistent art,  was fans acting like Goku was getting W after W. 

Yeah he beat Moro.  I mean he also ...technically beat Frieza too?  I know he 'lost' to Frieza and then Vegeta was beating that ass but he got the finishing blow on him.

And I'm not sure how to categorize Jiren since they kind of won but also kind of lost?

8 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

Yeah he beat Moro.  I mean he also ...technically beat Frieza too?  I know he 'lost' to Frieza and then Vegeta was beating that ass but he got the finishing blow on him.

And I'm not sure how to categorize Jiren since they kind of won but also kind of lost?

Whis beat Freeza with his time reset. Goku and Vegeta got the Earth destroyed. Goku being by idiot and Vegeta by playing with his food. Which is honestly typical of both characters. Its why I always appreciated Future Trunks. If he could kill his opponent he did.

On 7/24/2021 at 8:18 AM, Darc_Requiem said:

So he finally got a W? The most aggravating thing about watching Super for me, besides the inconsistent art,  was fans acting like Goku was getting W after W. 

Is not necesarily about getting W after W brosky, but getting more focus over the other deuterogamist.

DBS was at its best when it focused on the dynamic between both Goku and Vegeta, but the hard on of Trolliyama and Toyatoro to focus more on him despite always being the weaker char on the series in terms of characterization hurts the series and manga, imo.

In the end, i know is mostly his story, but it wouldn't hurt that we could see the gains made by Vegeta counting for something instead of just being fodder that amount to nothing every single time. 

On 7/24/2021 at 9:09 AM, Darc_Requiem said:

Whis beat Freeza with his time reset. Goku and Vegeta got the Earth destroyed. Goku being by idiot and Vegeta by playing with his food. Which is honestly typical of both characters. Its why I always appreciated Future Trunks. If he could kill his opponent he did.

Is cause that brother already lost. These mfers always get saved by a gimmick (also dragon ball everything). If Chichi or Bulma were killed they would start taking shit seriously. 

• 4 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

Starting to feel a lil bad for the diehard Vegeta fans.  They want him to get a major W so bad and they keep getting the rug pulled out from under them.   It is kind of their fault...the rug literally says "We've pulled this rug several times and we definitely will again" and they keep standing on it. 

Dunno about others, but me, my brother and some friends don't even get hyped at all for when Vegeta gets some massive gain since we know that it will amount to nothing in the short run and will be forgotten by the next arc for the new gain that will repeat the cycle.

We were already memeing the transformation as the next big nothing.

I would say that being a Vegeta fan is suffering, but is hard to suffer when you only have apathy by this point 🤷‍♂️

On 7/23/2021 at 12:57 PM, Hecatom said:

And yet, Vegeta has been taking even worse L's too.

The only redeeming thing about all those arcs is that Vegeta has been gaining massive character developments, but outside of that, he has been robbed multiple times.

My guy, Vegeta never had a major W.

Super actually gave him the biggest W in general with him taking down Toppo and that guy was Universe 11's Vegeta!

Spoiler

And by the way, he looks about ready to hold ANOTHER L.

Dj Khaled GIF by Music Choice

On 8/22/2021 at 9:39 AM, Volt said:

no-nooooo.gif

Yes Vegeta gets worked on multiple occasions but unlike other 'Heroes' he doesn't just sit on his ass, he gets back up and does better.

Also he got the biggest W in the franchise by landing Bulma, the richest and the most technologies capable inventor on his planet as his spouse. All this and he doesn't even have to go all way of the house husband too. All those Ls are just karmic balance.

Edit: And a little bit of bad writing keeping shit status quo. 

Edited by Wellman
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

Anybody read chap 76?    Looks like we are going to get more saiyan backstory next chapter that I'm quite interested to see what direction it takes.

The Saiyan portions of the last Broly movie was my favorite parts, love learning the lore and seeing what their civilization was like. Wouldn't mind a side series about King Vegeta and Bardock back in the day, might be able to throw a little political intrigue in there

On 10/17/2021 at 6:49 PM, Sonichuman said:

Anybody read chap 76?    Looks like we are going to get more saiyan backstory next chapter that I'm quite interested to see what direction it takes.

And boy, did that deliver...

Spoiler

Sucks that we gotta wait ANOTHER month for the full deal tho. Gas is salty afffff tho.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

New poster for Super Hero

I'm torn right now cause Toei has been being tyrant for while and recently Totally Not Mark got 150 of his vids copywrite claimed by Toei where some of them just contained drawings.

Those who don't know TNM does really indepth insightful reviews on Manga and It's been quite enjoyable listening to him talk about series that he hasn't even read before like Berserk, JoJo, OP and he just recently started Naruto.  His big take off was starting out as a mostly Dragonball centered channel and he was also the one that interviewed TFS on the making of Abridged after the show ended.  Youtube stupid ass copyright reclaiming system isn't helpful either since essentially he has to try to claim each video 1 at a time and wait through the process which essentially would make him have to take 30 years of his life to reclaim all of them.  Shit is ASSTASTIC.  I know I'm a drop in the bucket on this but I can't help but have this in the back in my head that if I go see this movie in the theater that I'm condoning their behavior so I'm leaning really hard on not seeing this movie on release.   I really wish Youtube would focus more on not removing a feature that nobody asked them to do and actually make their process for reclaiming videos quicker cause they're probably more than half the problem right now but there isn't any real way to hit youtube in the pocket until a better rival video service emerges.

18 minutes ago, Volt said:

I'm a much simpler man.

I ain't got time for these non-canon trash movies, get em all up and outta here. We need the anime to come back. It's been too damn long.

The last 2 movies were essentially canon and I don't see any reason that this movie is going to be any different unless it's shown not to be.

1 minute ago, HD-Man said:

Unless I'm mistaken this movie is also canon like the last. Lemme dig that up and see

Oh ffs...

Well, I'm not watching the trailers for this one. Broly got completely punked by the trailers showing every single fight that was going to happen in that movie.