Stage Select

Gotta Find That Dragonball

On 1/5/2022 at 3:00 PM, Dayaan said:

DBS showed that Gohan is stronger in SSJ because "Ultimate" is just his latent power brought out in his base form

charlie-murphy-wrong.gif

He clearly transforms into Ultimate Gohan at multiple points in Super, including the Beerus/BoG Arc (which is close timeline-wise to Z unlike Golden Frieza's arc where the dude was washed and flabby).

It's really noticeable because of the hair change.

As for Gohan being the lead in the latest movie... Like bro, that was obvious. Y'all sounding like Capcom fans. Gohan ain't Vegeta bros, he's allowed to get a win every once in a while. 🤣

13 minutes ago, Volt said:

As for Gohan being the lead in the latest movie... Like bro, that was obvious. Y'all sounding like Capcom fans. Gohan ain't Vegeta bros, he's allowed to get a win every once in a while. 🤣

They did a Future Trunks Arc and Gohan was barely in it. You are right, he isn't Vegeta. Vegeta has actually had multiple moments to shine in Super. That said Gohan has the best wife. When someone takes out of context photos of you with another woman and your wife has your back without question. You've definitely made the right choice.

2 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

They did a Future Trunks Arc and Gohan was barely in it.

Of course he was, don't you remember this?

Trunks was out there chilling thinking he'd at least notice Gohan's ki when he was close and the dude walked right past him like Krillin on stealth mode! 🤣

Bro was like

hol_up_wtf.gif

2 hours ago, Volt said:

Of course he was, don't you remember this?

Like I said he was barely in it. Trunks looks at him "Well he'll be no help" so he doesn't ask him. Then you don't see him until the end of the arc when Trunks is dipping out and they have him look like Ultimate Gohan like that's going to make everything gucci. Fuck outta here with that nonsense. 

• 3 weeks later...

I possibly see Granolah maybe being part of the main cast at some point, he seems to be gettin way more screen time and shine than the average supporting character.

Well, I hope he sticks around atleast, I dig his analytical fighting style, we don't get much of that if any in post OG DB these days 

On 1/8/2022 at 12:02 PM, Darc_Requiem said:

They did a Future Trunks Arc and Gohan was barely in it. You are right, he isn't Vegeta. Vegeta has actually had multiple moments to shine in Super. That said Gohan has the best wife. When someone takes out of context photos of you with another woman and your wife has your back without question. You've definitely made the right choice.

Is funny how he tamed a tomboy and made her a girly girl.

Some would say he downgraded her because of that, others would say he upgraded her.

I only know he turned her into a milf, and that is good in my book

On 1/26/2022 at 4:37 PM, Hecatom said:

Is funny how he tamed a tomboy and made her a girly girl.

Some would say he downgraded her because of that, others would say he upgraded her.

I only know he turned her into a milf, and that is good in my book

Damn, just saw this. Honestly, I was disappointed that Toriyama just "house wifed" Videl. She was more into training and martial arts than Chi Chi. When she learned their level of fighting that she didn't know was possible, she wanted to reach that level so badly that she black mailed Gohan. This was character that, with no super powers or secret identity, ran around the city fighting crime.

Toriyama blew an opportunity to turn the Goku/Chi Chi dynamic on it's head. Goku loves training and Chi Chi wants him to just get a regular job. Videl loves training and Gohan, despite his potential, doesn't really care for it. He just wants a regular job as a scholar. Instead of Goku flying off and sneaking in training behind Chi Chi's back, you could have Videl pushing Gohan to train and him being resistant to it. It would have really fit in well with Toriyama's gag humor. Especially since Videl can fly, so Gohan wouldn't be able to get away from her as easy as Goku can evade Chi Chi.

On 1/26/2022 at 11:52 AM, HD-Man said:

I possibly see Granolah maybe being part of the main cast at some point, he seems to be gettin way more screen time and shine than the average supporting character.

Well, I hope he sticks around atleast, I dig his analytical fighting style, we don't get much of that if any in post OG DB these days 

Good luck with that lol. Most characters are tossed immediately. Granolah has 1 year of life left anyway lol. I really wish Broly would come back, two arcs after his appearance and he is still a no show. I had the hope that with all these saiyan hate they would pull the "there is another saiyan alive just so you know" card

7 minutes ago, locoghoul said:

Good luck with that lol. Most characters are tossed immediately. Granolah has 1 year of life left anyway lol. I really wish Broly would come back, two arcs after his appearance and he is still a no show. I had the hope that with all these saiyan hate they would pull the "there is another saiyan alive just so you know" card

Broly is seen briefly in one of the trailers for the new movie so you're getting your wish eventually.

Edited by Sonichuman
On 1/26/2022 at 3:52 PM, HD-Man said:

He's either getting depowered or dying.

I can see him turning into a bench character that gets called every once in a while when they need some extra bodies, but not really a regular.

So...DB Twitter is no arguing over whether DBZA helped the DB franchise keep relevancy over in the west (mostly english speaking countries) because of s specific quote Mark said in his video that people seem to be blowing out of proportion.

Dude didn't even say it was better than DB or anything all he said was that it helped keep the franchise relevant and it wouldn't be as popular without it which he's technically not wrong because DB was having a major drought in terms of content at the time that DBZA came about.  Only thing that was coming out were mostly meh games at the time. 

6 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

So...DB Twitter is no arguing over whether DBZA helped the DB franchise keep relevancy over in the west (mostly english speaking countries) because of s specific quote Mark said in his video that people seem to be blowing out of proportion.

Dude didn't even say it was better than DB or anything all he said was that it helped keep the franchise relevant and it wouldn't be as popular without it which he's technically not wrong because DB was having a major drought in terms of content at the time that DBZA came about.  Only thing that was coming out were mostly meh games at the time. 

I saw this nonsense as well. Even though they did their damndest to take him out of context, he's right. DBZA brought me back to DB. I saw DBZs frontwards to backwards, the TV specials, the movies, and there no real new content hitting. Sure there were a few good games here an there but they covered the same story I'd seen ad nauseum continually. DBZA gave me "new" DB content to enjoy while Toei had it's thumb up it's ass. DBZA brought me back after GT completely turned me off from DB. Hell there was even a deadzone, no pun intended, of game releases during DB drought as well.

6 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

TBH, i think is kind of a dumb hottake, since it was the same everyone else, and despite DB not having anything new under the sun, its popularity persisted without something like DBZA in other languages, like in latam and spain for example, where it was still huge during the years without anything new.

Of course people are overblowing it, but seeing how it was on other countries, you can argue that his point doesn't hold well.

Specially when not many people on the english speaking side of the fandom like DBA, so for them is not like it contributed for their enjoyment of the IP

Edited by Hecatom
18 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

TBH, i think is kind of a dumb hottake, since it was the same everyone else, and despite DB not having anything new under the sun, its popularity persisted without something like DBZA in other languages, like in latam and spain for example, where it was still huge during the years without anything new.

Of course people are overblowing it, but seeing how it was on other countries, you can argue that his point doesn't hold well.

Specially when not many people on the english speaking side of the fandom like DBA, so for them is not like it contributed for their enjoyment of the IP

DBZA was and still is bigger in LATAM than the US. Mark was reference the US. We DB fell off hard. The dub work here was all over the place and the release schedule was inconsistent to be kind. They looped the Freeza Saga here until all lot of people through there hands up and just stopped waiting. I mean not many people were watching post Freeza Saga DBZ on via Japanses episodes downloaded from the net on Realplayer like me. Yes Realplayer....ugh. 😑

Edit: The LATAM reaction to Dragonball Super Broly got covered here. No one was watching it via Stadiums like some people check out the Super Bowl here. DBS: Broly did better in the US than any prior Dragonball movie by far.  Even with that our reaction to it was muted in comparison to LATAM. 

36 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

DBZA was and still is bigger in LATAM than the US. Mark was reference the US. We DB fell off hard. The dub work here was all over the place and the release schedule was inconsistent to be kind. They looped the Freeza Saga here until all lot of people through there hands up and just stopped waiting. I mean not many people were watching post Freeza Saga DBZ on via Japanses episodes downloaded from the net on Realplayer like me. Yes Realplayer....ugh. 😑

Edit: The LATAM reaction to Dragonball Super Broly got covered here. No one was watching it via Stadiums like some people check out the Super Bowl here. DBS: Broly did better in the US than any prior Dragonball movie by far.  Even with that our reaction to it was muted in comparison to LATAM. 

Well, i can concede that DB is huge on latam.

Like you said, there are few places where the city organizes a public viewing of Jiren vs Goku like if was an international sport event 🤣

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/20/2022 at 9:59 AM, HD-Man said:

Well I'll be damn, they finally aged Trunks and Goten up in DBS, took fuckin forever. 

Bout fucking time. Trunks was the same age as he was in History Trunks but looked 8 years old . It made no sense.

Dragon-Ball-Super.jpg

Side note: Goten out here here looking like Cell Games (I refuse to call him teen he was fucking 11) Gohan.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
8 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Bought fucking time. Trunks was the same age as he was in History Trunks but looked 8 years old . It made no sense.

Dragon-Ball-Super.jpg

Side note: Goten out here here looking like Cell Games (I refuse to call him teen he was fucking 11) Gohan.

Is it me or did they botch the fusion pose? Upper fingers ain't matching.

Also, new DBS chapter out. Another pumpfake tbh, but I won't elaborate because that'd be a spoiler.

This is taking forever to get anywhere. I wouldn't mind if it was a weekly series, but waiting a whole ass month for what's essentially a glorified fight scene is getting on my nerves. Especially because it already happened on the 3 chapters before this.

They really gotta drop this movie already so the anime can come back, the monthly manga format just ain't good for what they're trying to do.

1 hour ago, AriesWarlock said:

New chapter out

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1012729

Reveal hidden contents

Gas went Super Kale?

Instant Transmission usually requires being able to sense energy of someone if it's teleportation over long distances...So I'm very curious where this might go.  I can only think of 2 possibilities with 1 being more so but it might not even head in direction at all but it would be great if it did.

17 minutes ago, Volt said:

Nah, too much footage. We've actually seen characters throw punches in this. 🤣

I was talking about how limp, underwhelming and boring it is.

Side note.

What i find interesting about this arc is that while it has been the norm that the new opponents are strong and everyone just accepts it, having the 2 antagonists/opponents be strong because it was wished is something that is more or less universally disliked, even if in practice is no different as any char getting a massive power up due a random transformation/overwhelming emotions, because for many is not earned, made more egregious because they are also getting abilities of Goku and Vegeta for free just because, lol. 

34 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

made more egregious because they are also getting abilities of Goku and Vegeta for free just because, lol.

This is the funniest shit ever.

Mini-Shenron was like "Yo, best I can do is condensing your power growth so you can have that old man strength on your prime."

Then suddenly Granolah and Gas suddenly get Yardrat and Beerus'  tech for shits and giggles? 🤣

Edit: And let's not forget Gas getting some growth hormones so he can have human rights. Shoutouts to Tanukana.

short_gang_L_tall_gang_W.png

Edited by Volt
8 hours ago, Maxx said:

Lmfaooo how the fuck a bunch of gangsters gonna kidnap pan? Lmfao. Wtf is this plot 

Seems like classic Toriyama. It lends itself to his gag humor. That said, Gohan isn't Goku. Say what you will about him but when he gets pissed he has no compunction about killing. He went so hard on the Cell Jr's in the manga that they had censored the gore in the anime. 90s anime said "Yo Gohan, that's too much fam." And these morons took his daughter.....👀

2 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Seems like classic Toriyama. It lends itself to his gag humor. That said, Gohan isn't Goku. Say what you will about him but when he gets pissed he has no compunction about killing. He went so hard on the Cell Jr's in the manga that they had censored the gore in the anime. 90s anime said "Yo Gohan, that's too much fam." And these morons took his daughter.....👀

Lol not just cell jr. Even before he went ssj, he was ready to murder anyone who hurt his friends. He had to hold himself back from that anger so much.