Stage Select

Gotta Find That Dragonball

I feel like I missed some shit as well, I saw nothing indicating a transformation. I could definitely see Picollo developing new attacks or getting a basic power boost

Picollo always been one of my favorites, so I hope he does get his shine again in this movie

And this movie seems to be trying again to see how Gohan would fare as the main Character. I think things would be alot more interesting and dynamic in the series if he was lead since instead of Goku's static character development 

11 hours ago, Maxx said:

Lmfaooo how the fuck a bunch of gangsters gonna kidnap pan? Lmfao. Wtf is this plot 

71MmpDfTOfL._AC_SY550_.jpg

3 hours ago, HD-Man said:

What makes you say he got a new form? I'm not trynna be smart, I'm curious

Piccolo was normal, powered up, and started glowing like in the poster. Literally never happened before. Very weird.

Oh well, Namekian bros in Xenoverse have been struggling for a while now, so I'll gladly take it. 🤣

16 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Yo, they pulled a Taken with Pan. Gohan about to go full Liam Neeson on them fools.

7 minutes ago, Volt said:

71MmpDfTOfL._AC_SY550_.jpg

Piccolo was normal, powered up, and started glowing like in the poster. Literally never happened before. Very weird.

Oh well, Namekian bros in Xenoverse have been struggling for a while now, so I'll gladly take it. 🤣

Great minds think a like 🤣

8 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

Those new looking enemies are carrying the Red Ribbon patrol logo. Maybe they made a new technology that produces more powerful beings than Cell?

I definitely see that as a possibility going by the lore. It's also possible it's Android 21 being made canon finally inside that pod. Gotta be Cell returning or her

11 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

Those new looking enemies are carrying the Red Ribbon patrol logo. Maybe they made a new technology that produces more powerful beings than Cell?

It's either that or Gohan AND Piccolo are getting painted as the flabby and washed duo.

They're not going down that road again, are they? 🤔

1 hour ago, Volt said:

It's either that or Gohan AND Piccolo are getting painted as the flabby and washed duo.

They're not going down that road again, are they? 🤔

Before they wanted revenge on Goku for destroying the Red Ribbon patrol, now they want revenge on Gohan for killing Cell! Assuming they are upset at losing their investment creating Cell. Or they want to test their new creations against the one who killed Cell.

Edited by AriesWarlock

gohan-640x360.jpg

Gohan: "I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you that you won't get one zeni. I have a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired from childhood, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you. I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you." 

6 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Yeah it has to be a new form for Piccolo. In addition to the color change the non "muscle" part of his arms go from having lines to being smooth.

Was expecting something a bit more flashy and distinguishing for a new form but I'll take what I can get at this point 😂

1 hour ago, HD-Man said:

Was expecting something a bit more flashy and distinguishing for a new form but I'll take what I can get at this point 😂

I was actually hoping for a greener aura.

Gold has been overdone because of SSJ. Oh well. 🤣

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, HD-Man said:

I reckon he's getting some sort of power up after remembering his parents but I Wonder if this also  means Goku will go and meet Bardock and Gine in the afterlife finally. That meeting is long overdue 

Yeah not going to lie, that panel of him remembering his parents after hearing Bardock's voice was pretty damned cool.

I hope Bardock doesn't beat Gas just by turning into Oozaru although I don't see any other way. It kinda hints at what Whis been implying "What are you?" The answer is a big ass monkey lol. I know they are pushing for the "good guy that always saves people" so hard that they even retcon Bardock into a caring dad and saiyan. 

On 3/22/2022 at 7:43 AM, HD-Man said:

I'm all for Oozaru coming back, haven't seen that form in awhile. That was the one of the few cool things about GT with how they made SSJ4, going back to Saiyan roots instead of another re-color. Golden Oozaru and SSJ4 were both pretty dope 

But during the ssj3 transformation they kinda imply it is channeling the oozaru form, like they show an oozaru turning into baby Goku. Might have been anime (non canon) only idk

On 3/22/2022 at 10:29 AM, locoghoul said:

It kinda hints at what Whis been implying "What are you?" The answer is a big ass monkey lol.

Welp, time to cook up some "Return to Monke" memes. 🤣

Knowing it's DBZ, I know this is bound to get stupider instead of more sensible, but honestly, Mastered UI is kinda too busted to write around well. Would be interesting if they put it in the SSJ3 shelf of "This is really cool, but also really impractical, so here's something else."

On the other hand, I can't help but dread how stupid this can get. More importantly, I liked how Goku and Vegeta have been developing clearly distinct styles and philosophies when it comes to their skillset. They're all but the only 2 real fighters when shit goes down, so both running the same transformation was already wack, especially with how quickly they dumped SSG.

Vegeta already got the power niche locked down with his latest transformation. I hope Goku doesn't stray too far from the skill-based set. (Should've been Piccolo's niche, but lol secondary characters in DBZ.)

• 2 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Fans acting like Gohan is a complete loser for not being terribly interested in fighting. He really doesn't need to be long as Goku and Vegeta are around, plus dude a scholar, is married to a rich wife and doesn't really need to work, he's got it made. lol

If it weren't for Whis, his whole family along with Earth would be dead because he left it up to Vegeta and Goku. It would be one thing if either of them had Future Trunks attitude but they don't. They always play with their food  I personally wouldn't want him to be just like Goku and Vegeta. The would be extremely boring. That said sparring a couple times a week with Piccolo to stay in shape isn't a big ask.

1 hour ago, HD-Man said:

Fans acting like Gohan is a complete loser for not being terribly interested in fighting. He really doesn't need to be long as Goku and Vegeta are around, plus dude a scholar, is married to a rich wife and doesn't really need to work, he's got it made. lol

The issue they are having with Gohan that I've seen is that he can't seem to learn from getting bodied that he needs to keep himself in shape to some degree.  Relying on Goku and Vegeta is a fallacy especially now with them being way off planet.  If Frieza found out that Goku and Vegeta were off world dealing with some thing crazy what's the deterrent from him taking advantage of the situation?  An out of shape half breed that he OKOed the last time he was on the planet?  He threatened Frieza at ToP and Frieza just went 'meh'.  Him being the strongest now is and keeping up with those 2 monsters is out of the question since he doesn't have the personality for it but like Darc said its not that hard to just just stay in shape so he's not a complete pushover when shit hits the fan.  He can just put in his mindset that training is part of being a family man cause who else is gonna defend Pan and Videl when Vegeta and Goku aren't around a serious threat pops up?

Gohan NEVER wanted to be a fighter tho, he was forced into that role. It's not a fallacy, he literally doesn't care much about fighting he does it out of circumstance. If he knows at threat is coming, he'll train. If not, he's chillin 

He's perfectly fine being a scholar with his wife and kid, that's been his clear established character like the whole time. He isn't the problem, the fans are. If you expecting a leopard to change its spots that's totally on you for not paying attention to like 20+ years of established canon 🤷🏾‍♂️

Edited by HD-Man
12 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Gohan NEVER wanted to be a fighter tho, he was forced into that role. It's not a fallacy, he literally doesn't care much about fighting he does it out of circumstance. If he knows at threat is coming, he'll train. If not, he's chillin 

He's perfectly fine being a scholar with his wife and kid, that's been his clear established character like the whole time. He isn't the problem, the fans are. If you expecting a leopard to change its spots that's totally on you for not paying attention to like 20+ years of established canon 🤷🏾‍♂️

It is a fallacy because a constant to Gohan's character is wanting to protect his family & friends. The only thing he hates more than fighting is not being able to defend those he cares about. He vocalizes this repeatedly. Particularly after he found out that Freeza killed everyone because Goku and Vegeta fucked around. He remarked how he hadn't been able to protect his family. Having him repeatedly say this, say he's going to stay in shape to protect his family, and not follow through is a bad look for his character. 

Part of the reason I think Future Trunks is such a popular character is that he has similar mind set to Gohan but backs up his sentiment. He doesn't like fighting either but due to the nature of the original timeline, he knows all too well that you have to be prepared for the next evil around the corner. Even though, he stopped the Cyborgs and the world was at peace. He still keep up his training and got to SSJ2. Managed to stop Babidi before Buu ever got released. He held it down for 13 years (IIRC) before having to come back to ask for help against Goku Black/Zamasu.

I mean, you make many valid points, but Gohan has a clear pattern here. He says one thing and does another. He's shown as a contradiction so if ppl aren't accepting this as fact by now, I don't know what else to say. You set yourselves up for disappointment, expect nothing and you'll be pleasantly suprised 

If you see a stove is hot, and keep putting you hand on it expecting it to be cold, who do you blame in that situation? You KNOW it's hot, that's already been established so why continue to touch it? 

He slacked off after beating Cell, then slacked off again after BoG, at this point we should already know what to expect from him in times of peace. Sure it'd be nice if he kept up with his training but canon has shown he doesn't despite what he says. Bad character trait sure, but fairly consistent and on brand for him

And Trunks is an unfair comparison, he's by far the most competent DB character in history. He does not allow villains to power up unlike a Vegeta or Goku, and he plays for keeps. If he was the star, alot or these arcs end in under 5 episodes. Majority of these arcs happen or get worse because Goku and Vegeta are too stupid to end things, Trunks makes no such mistakes. lol Trunks is my favorite too

Edited by HD-Man

It's hard not to like Trunks. Although hated the conclusion. I enjoyed the anime version* of the Goku Black Arc. Trunk's literally going Broly (Super Sayian Rage) and soloing Black and Zamasu by himself was the shit man. 

*manga version of the Goku Black saga had Trunks guest starring in his own arc.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
7 hours ago, HD-Man said:

There's a huge difference between wanting all the smoke like Goku and Vegeta and "You don't gotta get ready if you're always ready."

When you're watching literally the same thing every other arc, you gotta call it like it is. Bad writing. Even for DB standards.

Gohan literally went through the exact same arc not one, not two, NOT EVEN THREE times. Not even a variant of the same thing like the rest of the cast. Literally the same goddamn thing.

Krillin managed to make the lesson stick under almost the same conditions.

They clearly have no kind of plan for Gohan and fans are rightfully calling them out on that bs. This is straight up bad writing.

11 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:
Spoiler

Bardock hitting Gas with that classic Frieza Saga Vegeta bs.

Oddly enough, that was really just it. He pulled off a Zenkai despite not being whooped that bad and roflstomped Gas even after he broke his limiter. All right then.

Next month should be interesting, we'll have Goku thinking. Ain't no way this is not going to be hilarious.

In other, completely unrelated "News" (That's 2 weeks old lol)... Xenoverse players voted for UI Sign Goku.

I ain't gonna lie, Sign does look cooler than the real UI Goku, but it's hilarious that the clearly inferior version got the better moveset. XV2 is the best worst game lol.
It's not even that much of a bad idea to keep it rolling at this point because until the next Super anime starts, there's really no reason to cook up XV3 with 2 still doing good numbers.

• 2 weeks later...

Because we're still waiting for concrete details or leaks about the upcoming movie, gonna make the same prediction I've had elsewhere leading up to the the premiere:

Pan will reach SSJ form during the scene where Gohan arrives at the Red Ribbon Army scene, supposed to save her, and when she for a brief moment is scared for Gohan's life and experiences a strong emotion, unlocks the form and starts kicking ass, and two unite in an embrace, which then leads into the final arc of the movie and the REAL villain appears on the scene (as it's speculated by many the Gamma androids duo aren't actually the bad guys and were used by RR to commit bad shit, including kidnapping Pan or bodying Piccolo

Came across this today in my feed because someone was reacting to it and the first thing I noticed was how clean the style looked so I decided to give it a watch.  I wasn't disappointed.

I know what you're thinking.  This is dumb and you're not wrong on this.  All I can say is just turn off your brain and let the animation work.    This is crazy well animated for a fan animation.  At times it takes on the 2D animation look of the DBS Broly movie.  It's still clear that this is a fan animation at times but the quality is undeniable.  Supposedly it's one guy who did this but I'm not 100% on that.

• 2 weeks later...