Stage Select

Gotta Find That Dragonball

The fight beinb a team effort was nice, but man, I really hate how Vegeta keeps being the eternal jobber, and certainly don't like the Susano-oh power up at all, lol.

I hope that thing never makes it to the anime.

Also, the fight feels underwhelming when compared to what One and Murata do for OPM.

It would be nice if DB could feel as over the top as OPM, since in theory, they should be able to do the same kind of feats, but alas...

8 hours ago, Hecatom said:

Also, the fight feels underwhelming when compared to what One and Murata do for OPM.

Bro, Murata is a lunatic. OPM looks insane. DB with that kind of quality would be unbelievable.

9 hours ago, Hecatom said:

and certainly don't like the Susano-oh power up at all, lol.

I hope that thing never makes it to the anime.

I had hope while it was only in the Moro arc, but now that it popped up again? 

😭

• 3 weeks later...

Finally saw Super Hero, pretty standard by the numbers but the execution was good and there's a suprise or two in there. Stakes weren't very high but it was a fun romp. If it's one major knock is that it retreads a very familiar plot line that we should NOT still be treading because certain ppl don't learn their lesson 

That aside, this movie is proof that Dragonball CAN work if it chose to branch off from being the Goku and Vegeta show, the rest of the cast is alot more interesting. I definitely wouldn't mind a spin off about them dealing with Earthly threats while Goku and Vegeta are off world doing fuck all

8 minutes ago, Volt said:

New chapter is out.

Reveal hidden contents

Toyotaro can't write an ending to save his life, holy shit. 🤣

Yeah...I need to read this when I get a chance cause Suddenly *redacted* happening is wild.  This character could probably feel the fighting going on and chilled out in the outskirts waiting for his time like a interfering wrestler sitting at the entrance with a metal chair.

Went to go see Super Hero today with my cousin and it was pretty good.  I don't think it's as good as Broly but I did think that the movie was better paced than Broly was.  Pan is adorable and I love the relationship she has with Piccolo.  Bulma hit a new low for in being self absorbed and vain.    The animation and look for the show was really great enough to the point that I look forward to them pushing this look further for whatever the next movie will be.  Camera work was also really well done.  Only thing I that could really stick out to me as a negative is how they handle the returning antagonist.  I thought it could have been handled better than it did but was still nice to see.

6 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

Went to go see Super Hero today with my cousin and it was pretty good.  I don't think it's as good as Broly but I did think that the movie was better paced than Broly was.  Pan is adorable and I love the relationship she has with Piccolo.  Bulma hit a new low for in being self absorbed and vain.    The animation and look for the show was really great enough to the point that I look forward to them pushing this look further for whatever the next movie will be.  Camera work was also really well done.  Only thing I that could really stick out to me as a negative is how they handle the returning antagonist.  I thought it could have been handled better than it did but was still nice to see.

I can't really disagree with anything you said. Nails my thoughts to a tee. My thoughts are getting too slowed now. Sonichuman has ascended.

giphy.gif

Just to be safe, I know we've all known the plot for months, hell I saw damned good subtitled cam version before checking it out in the theatre yesterday.

Spoiler

Edit: One thing additional I want to mention is that this movie proves you don't need to have Goku and Vegeta be the center of everything. They weren't really around. They were just window dressing and the movie was better for it. Piccolo is the MVP. The best dad just became the best grandad in the show too. Props to them finally aging up Goten and Trunks.

Edited by Darc_Requiem

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1013770

Having finally read the latest chapter

Spoiler

It was like I always thought, Frieza should be stronger than the Saiyans. Or have the ability to become more powerful than them. He said before he never once had a day of training in his life and was at SSJ lv1. In one of the movies we see his grandfather Chiller killing Saiyans left and right and he had the body of a baby. Whatever he hell his race is, they are beyond gifted.

Hell, even withstood that destruction energy from that Destruction god from another universe.

He needed to do something in order to stop getting L's from Goku and Vegeta. And this also is a consequence of Goku's deal with Frieza for his tournament participation. Will he learn from this? Now they have have him to worry about besides Moro.

Anyway, it's getting interesting.

Edited by AriesWarlock
58 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1013770

Having finally read the latest chapter

Hide contents

It was like I always thought, Frieza should be stronger than the Saiyans. Or have the ability to become more powerful than them. He said before he never once had a day of training in his life and was at SSJ lv1. In one of the movies we see his grandfather Chiller killing Saiyans left and right and he had the body of a baby. Whatever he hell his race is, they are beyond gifted.

He needed to do something in order to stop getting L's from Goku and Vegeta. And this also is a consequence of Goku's deal with Frieza for his tournament participation. Will he learn from this? Now they have have him to worry about besides Moro.

Anyway, it's getting interesting.

TLDR; for anyone that didn't read the chapter.

Yes I just wanted an excuse to post this again 😂

Went to see Super Hero a 2nd time today with my wife and friends and I liked it better on the 2nd watch since I could focus more on looking at animation, camera work and set pieces.  Still not better than Broly but they really did a great job on this film.  I also noticed in the credits that apparently they used Unreal Engine in some capacity to make this film and that's awesome and crazy to me.  Unreal is about to be everywhere.

26 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

Went to see Super Hero a 2nd time today with my wife and friends and I liked it better on the 2nd watch since I could focus more on looking at animation, camera work and set pieces.  Still not better than Broly but they really did a great job on this film.  I also noticed in the credits that apparently they used Unreal Engine in some capacity to make this film and that's awesome and crazy to me.  Unreal is about to be everywhere.

You can download a UE4 component that is entirely dedicated to animation which Is not necessarily just for video games but to do shorts and the like.

On 8/22/2022 at 4:53 PM, Sonichuman said:

I don't even think Broly is looking at her like that right now anyway.  He'd probably lose his shit if Beerus decides to slap her like he did Bulma though.

To paraphrase TFS Chi Chi. If Beerus slapped Cheelai there isn't a dragon in the universe that could fix what Broly would do to him.

Just came from watching the movie.

It was a fun watch, but at the same time, it feels rushed, and as I said before, it covers the same arc for Gohan once again.

DBS Broly had better action and better animation imo, and overall was a better paced movie.

But, the animation on this movie was good, it even managed to avoid the trappings of many 3d movies/animations where they used techniques like on DBFZ to deform the 3ds and give it a 2d feeling, which was nice, and outside certain characters like Bulma and the new tranformation for Gohan, most of the time the movie felt more like a 2d animation (outside the times where they clearly used 2d animation to fill in)

I think that Gohan lovers (why do you exists?) will like this movie.

9 hours ago, Hecatom said:

I think that Gohan lovers (why do you exists?) will like this movie.

I don't know. Piccolo fans should be happy. Gohan though.....he's on a treadmill.

Spoiler

This like the 3rd time in Super than he's promised to train to stay sharp in order to protect his family because Goku and Vegeta might not be around. I mean when Freeza destroyed the Earth, killing everyone on Earth but the "Z Team" because Goku is a merciful idiot and Vegeta likes to play his food. Whis saved them and Gohan  had the "I need to train" epiphany, then was when they should of set him on the "balanced" path. Then they did it again for the ToP and now they are doing it in Super Hero. Gohan not training is like Vegeta taking Ls. It's expected. Piccolo was great though and I'm glad Goten and Trunks finally stopped looking 8 years old.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
50 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I don't know. Piccolo fans should be happy. Gohan though.....he's on a treadmill.

Hide contents

This like the 3rd time in Super than he's promised to train to stay sharp in order to protect his family because Goku and Vegeta might not be around. I mean when Freeza destroyed the Earth, killing everyone on Earth but the "Z Team" because Goku is a merciful idiot and Vegeta likes to play his food. Whis saved them and Gohan  had the "I need to train" epiphany, then was the to set him the "balanced" path. Then they did it again for the ToP and now they are doing it in Super Hero. Gohan not training is like Vegeta taking Ls. It's expected. Piccolo was great though and I'm glad Goten and Trunks finally stopped looking 8 years old.

Spoiler

Agree, which is why I never liked Gohan to begin with, he is the same arc over and over and over, which, in DB is kind of the norm for the cast, but Gohan is just ridiculous how he keeps doing the same shtick all the time.

Is not engaging.

He always get free powerups without working, and always has the same epiphany at the end of the arc, just to forget all of it once again when the next arc starts just to repeat it once again.

• 2 weeks later...