Stage Select

Gotta Find That Dragonball

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sr71ksSAQVU

This is a mash-up I've made of the battle between Super Saiyan God Goku vs God of Destruction Beerus, between the two mediums: the Battle of Gods movie and the Super anime.

Years ago I uploaded a Work-in-progress / conceptual version of this project (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PH_N933qocs). This is the final version of that video. Contained in this and omitted in there is the Super Saiyan God ritual.

Many flaws still exist:
- the audio mixing is not great, because I am not very well experienced in separating voice tracks from music tracks, so sometimes you will hear the original soundtrack in places I meant to have silence. Sound mixing is also pretty bad, volume is up one scene, then too low the next. Sorry about that. Despite this, I do not plan a further version so...

If anyone likes the video and thinks he can improve the audio, I am down for it. No credit needed or anything like that. Just do your magic and make this better, cause the way it's cut, it actually works pretty well and it would be a shame not to have the best version available. I am even willing to share my project, so just contact me.

- the continuity is very hard to synchronize between the two mediums. The Super anime is almost intentionally made in such a way to make mixing it with the move almost impossible, as the two fighters spend most of the fight on separate sides of the screen, between the two versions! However, I tried my best to do justice both to the animation and to the story.

- subtitles: I tried to cut most of the peanut gallery scenes for the sake of time. However, there are still few frames at the beginning of some scenes that begin with what was supposed to be a line uttered by a supporting member of the cast, like Goten and such. Nothing I could do about it and should not be that big a deal, as to detract from the enjoyment of the video.

- copyright: this is the second version I upload, as the first was blocked in all regions due to copyright. As such, I had to modify the entire video. I added a filter over it, making it reminiscent of the Tournament of Power look in later Super episodes and also, in some particular scenes, the pitch was modified, so if the voices don't sound quite right, take it up with Toei.

If you've got an hour to kill and miss Super, don't hesitate to give it a watch. Despite the flaws still in there caused by my inexperience in editing, I find the end result to be pretty entertaining.

If the video is received well I intend to do a mash-up of Vegeta vs Freeza from Resurrection F. Goku vs Freeza from RoF is pretty much covered by AnimeAjay's cut of the entire movie (I can track down the link if you want to see that. That's pro stuff, not my amateur audio mixing ass), so I won't bother with that, but in Ajay's version he used exclusively the movie beatdown Vegeta gives Freeza. I think there's potential there and it would be a much shorter project than this one.

On 9/24/2022 at 3:22 PM, Dracu said:

If the video is received well I intend to do a mash-up of Vegeta vs Freeza from Resurrection F. Goku vs Freeza from RoF is pretty much covered by AnimeAjay's cut of the entire movie (I can track down the link if you want to see that. That's pro stuff, not my amateur audio mixing ass), so I won't bother with that, but in Ajay's version he used exclusively the movie beatdown Vegeta gives Freeza. I think there's potential there and it would be a much shorter project than this one.

Soo... I went ahead and made this, so if you want, you can check it out here:

HD still processing.

Edited by Dracu
  • 1 month later...
20 minutes ago, Volt said:

Aaaaaand Super Hero is now canon.

Orange Piccolo LIVES. 😤

It was always meant to be canon.

From the get go they made it clear that was the intention.

BTW

With this movie, Gohan was, as usual, granted a free power up that he didn't work for, lol.

Edited by Hecatom
  • 2 weeks later...

haha I actually watch that show often---Chrissy's "Simpcast" (Sunday nights on her youtube channel), and unfortunately I happened to miss that one. 

See, this is one of the reasons that things being "live" are always interesting... sometimes some hilarious unexpected shit happens, and the host(s) is suddenly on the spot to try and make the save.