Stage Select

Gotta Find That Dragonball

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sr71ksSAQVU

This is a mash-up I've made of the battle between Super Saiyan God Goku vs God of Destruction Beerus, between the two mediums: the Battle of Gods movie and the Super anime.

Years ago I uploaded a Work-in-progress / conceptual version of this project (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PH_N933qocs). This is the final version of that video. Contained in this and omitted in there is the Super Saiyan God ritual.

Many flaws still exist:
- the audio mixing is not great, because I am not very well experienced in separating voice tracks from music tracks, so sometimes you will hear the original soundtrack in places I meant to have silence. Sound mixing is also pretty bad, volume is up one scene, then too low the next. Sorry about that. Despite this, I do not plan a further version so...

If anyone likes the video and thinks he can improve the audio, I am down for it. No credit needed or anything like that. Just do your magic and make this better, cause the way it's cut, it actually works pretty well and it would be a shame not to have the best version available. I am even willing to share my project, so just contact me.

- the continuity is very hard to synchronize between the two mediums. The Super anime is almost intentionally made in such a way to make mixing it with the move almost impossible, as the two fighters spend most of the fight on separate sides of the screen, between the two versions! However, I tried my best to do justice both to the animation and to the story.

- subtitles: I tried to cut most of the peanut gallery scenes for the sake of time. However, there are still few frames at the beginning of some scenes that begin with what was supposed to be a line uttered by a supporting member of the cast, like Goten and such. Nothing I could do about it and should not be that big a deal, as to detract from the enjoyment of the video.

- copyright: this is the second version I upload, as the first was blocked in all regions due to copyright. As such, I had to modify the entire video. I added a filter over it, making it reminiscent of the Tournament of Power look in later Super episodes and also, in some particular scenes, the pitch was modified, so if the voices don't sound quite right, take it up with Toei.

If you've got an hour to kill and miss Super, don't hesitate to give it a watch. Despite the flaws still in there caused by my inexperience in editing, I find the end result to be pretty entertaining.

If the video is received well I intend to do a mash-up of Vegeta vs Freeza from Resurrection F. Goku vs Freeza from RoF is pretty much covered by AnimeAjay's cut of the entire movie (I can track down the link if you want to see that. That's pro stuff, not my amateur audio mixing ass), so I won't bother with that, but in Ajay's version he used exclusively the movie beatdown Vegeta gives Freeza. I think there's potential there and it would be a much shorter project than this one.

On 9/24/2022 at 3:22 PM, Dracu said:

If the video is received well I intend to do a mash-up of Vegeta vs Freeza from Resurrection F. Goku vs Freeza from RoF is pretty much covered by AnimeAjay's cut of the entire movie (I can track down the link if you want to see that. That's pro stuff, not my amateur audio mixing ass), so I won't bother with that, but in Ajay's version he used exclusively the movie beatdown Vegeta gives Freeza. I think there's potential there and it would be a much shorter project than this one.

Soo... I went ahead and made this, so if you want, you can check it out here:

HD still processing.

Edited by Dracu
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

haha I actually watch that show often---Chrissy's "Simpcast" (Sunday nights on her youtube channel), and unfortunately I happened to miss that one. 

See, this is one of the reasons that things being "live" are always interesting... sometimes some hilarious unexpected shit happens, and the host(s) is suddenly on the spot to try and make the save.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I do like how they're kind of bridging the gap between what's been going on in the manga and building up to the Super Hero movie.  I know there's some discourse currently over Goten and Trunks going through the same thing Gohan went through during the Buu saga as well as people whinging about Mai and Trunks' relationship but eh...It's kind of nice for things to not be the Goku and Vegeta show all the time.

Also this:

Edited by Sonichuman
On 1/20/2023 at 10:33 PM, Hecatom said:

So, Bra is now reimagined as a saiyan with Bulma's brain?

Interesting.

I wonder if she will end like the GT version (fashionista, etc) , since that version is also taking from Bulma.

Yeah, I noticed they kinda took some things from GT for this, namely Trunks not wanting anything to do with Capcom CapCorp and just wanting to do exciting things.

Honestly, I'm not sure how to feel about that because I don't remember what GT Trunks was like and I definitely don't want to watch it to find out either.

On 1/20/2023 at 5:53 PM, Sonichuman said:

I do like how they're kind of bridging the gap between what's been going on in the manga and building up to the Super Hero movie.  I know there's some discourse currently over Goten and Trunks going through the same thing Gohan went through during the Buu saga as well as people whinging about Mai and Trunks' relationship but eh...It's kind of nice for things to not be the Goku and Vegeta show all the time.

Also this:

Tbh, Goten and Trunks doing the hero stuff when Gotenks straight up called it lame back in the Buu arc kinda feels out of character.

Besides that? There ain't a lot of similarities to it. And after an entire year of Goku and Vegeta scrapping with some dude, I definitely appreciate the slice of life stuff...

As long as they don't overstay their welcome with this arc. We already know how it ends and the movie doesn't really leave a lot to the imagination. We don't need an entire year of Trunks trying to get in Mai's panties.

27 minutes ago, Volt said:

Yeah, I noticed they kinda took some things from GT for this, namely Trunks not wanting anything to do with Capcom CapCorp and just wanting to do exciting things.

Honestly, I'm not sure how to feel about that because I don't remember what GT Trunks was like and I definitely don't want to watch it to find out either.

Tbh, Goten and Trunks doing the hero stuff when Gotenks straight up called it lame back in the Buu arc kinda feels out of character.

Besides that? There ain't a lot of similarities to it. And after an entire year of Goku and Vegeta scrapping with some dude, I definitely appreciate the slice of life stuff...

As long as they don't overstay their welcome with this arc. We already know how it ends and the movie doesn't really leave a lot to the imagination. We don't need an entire year of Trunks trying to get in Mai's panties.

GT Trunks was the CEO of CapCorp, he sneaked out from time to time bcayse it was too much responsability and work and he liked to let the steam out by doing more mundane stuff. 

Super version is more irresponsible but that is because he is younger. 

Throwing this out there cause I just happened to notice it.  If you preorder Super Hero right now off Amazon you can get it at 19.96 versus the price of 34.98.  Just in case anyone wants to hop on that.

https://www.amazon.com/Dragon-Ball-Super-Hero-Blu-ray/dp/B0BJYF3FSZ/ref=sr_1_1?crid=3JXY0T585XDJY&keywords=Dragon+Ball+super+super+hero+blu+ray&qid=1674535428&s=movies-tv&sprefix=dragon+ball+super+super+hero+blu+ray%2Cmovies-tv%2C200&sr=1-1

If it's still at this price come friday I'm gonna scoop.

• 3 weeks later...

So I watched the new Broly movie. I didn't like it. Rather I don't like Broly. He just keeps exploding with power almost non-stop that can rival Gogeta super blue 🤨 One good thing is that they expanded on Broly's story and left the path open for more development.

I remember in Super they said universes 5 and 8 were exempt from the tournament of power. So the possibility of more powerful characters showing up is likely.

On 2/16/2023 at 10:00 PM, HD-Man said:

I loved Broly the movie. But I was way more interested in the flashbacks and learning about Saiyan lore more than anything. More of that type of world building and history, please

That reminds me. I gotta rewatch that one too.

I've been hearing about how they absolutely butchered Bardock in Super and I thought it just had to do with the Granolah Arc, but man, it's worse than anything I had expected. Even the man's drip is gone.

spacer.png

There's nothing really identifiable about this character as is, but the backstory took the brunt of it. Literally everything that made him recognizable is gone. This is character assassination of the highest order.

At least Kakarot did him justice, I suppose. I haven't finished it myself, but I got a spoiler or two.

Speaking of which, did y'all play it?

1 hour ago, Volt said:

Speaking of which, did y'all play it?

My nephew gifted me his copy when he went to study at an University on Germany.

(A copy I bough for him as a gift 🤣)

I have yet to play it, since as I explained to him, is kind of hard to go and play for the 100th time DB's story that you already watched and played in many other games (plus manga and anime).

Even if is with a new coat of paint, it is not something I get motivated to do.

35 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

I have yet to play it, since as I explained to him, is kind of hard to go and play for the 100th time DB's story that you already watched and played in many other games (plus manga and anime).

Looks at Xenoverse.

I honestly don't get this take. Really. Budokai Tenkaichi 3 was so long ago.

At any rate, Kakarot is a spectacle of a game. I was legit impressed when I played it. The gameplay kinda doesn't do it for me, but it's a really, really good game. Very polished.

6 hours ago, Volt said:

There's nothing really identifiable about this character as is, but the backstory took the brunt of it. Literally everything that made him recognizable is gone. This is character assassination of the highest order.

What made Bardock, Bardock got cut.  Bardock curb stomping an army soldiers to get to Freeza actually played out. So Bardock still had his bad ass rebellion. The film version of DBS:Broly was cut down from Toriyama's original script. I was hoping they had story boards or something on the Blu-Ray but nope. They should of animated that shit, it's fucking a crime that they didn't. Ironically it pissed me off when they re-did the Battle of Gods and Resurrection F' movies as arcs in DBS, but I was hoping they'd actually do that for Broly so we could get to see the Bardock stuff that got cut.

45 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

What made Bardock, Bardock got cut.  Bardock curb stomping an army soldiers to get to Freeza actually played out. So Bardock still had his bad ass rebellion. The film version of DBS:Broly was cut down from Toriyama's original script. I was hoping they had story boards or something on the Blu-Ray but nope. They should of animated that shit, it's fucking a crime that they didn't. Ironically it pissed me off when they re-did the Battle of Gods and Resurrection F' movies as arcs in DBS, but I was hoping they'd actually do that for Broly so we could get to see the Bardock stuff that got cut.

At this point, all we can hope for is for them to actually make a new Bardock movie that actually has him do things. (and fix his drip.)

I just read his fight with Gas again. That shit was tragic. I kid you not, man was literally questioning why he was doing this in over half of the dialogue he had.

Playing the Kakarot DLC and remembering the old Bardock only makes it even worse.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/5/2023 at 5:48 PM, HD-Man said:

My hands are ready to hurt all over again playing this. Very unexpected but welcome suprise

I completely forgot Japan had a whole separate subtitle for that series. After the successes of FighterZ and the XenoVerse games, I am a bit surprised they are bringing this one back. But hey if the teaser is any indication it will look great with current gen power. Hope it plays as such.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...