Stage Select

Gotta Find That Dragonball

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I have been slacking.  Been busy gaming with TotK and SF6 that just my manga reading his been put on hold completely.

So any way Crunchyroll will be getting all the Dragon ball movies all the way up to Super Broly

https://www.ign.com/articles/crunchyroll-is-going-super-saiyan-with-15-dragon-ball-movies

Also Totally Not Mark put up a couple of interesting videos from the past 2 weeks.

On 6/22/2023 at 9:54 PM, HD-Man said:

If Crunchyroll was really gangsta, they'd include the ocean dub of some of those DBZ movies

If they were Gangsta they will put the horrendous Portuguese dub, lol

Edited by Hecatom
On 4/17/2023 at 12:31 AM, HD-Man said:

Peak DBZ right here, wish they'd return to this level of choreography. This aint Dead Zone had some of the best fights in the franchise

The early Dragon Ball to Future Gohan and Trunks timeline, I just preferred. The Cell Saga was funny, like a Terminator vibe to it. Overall, the series is ok I guess. 

3 hours ago, Emptyeyes_ said:

The early Dragon Ball to Future Gohan and Trunks timeline, I just preferred. The Cell Saga was funny, like a Terminator vibe to it. Overall, the series is ok I guess. 

Some parts are definitely better than others. I'd say from OG DB all the way up to Namek was elite, yet simple storytelling. I still like the arcs after that, but they werent quite on the level of the previous.

You can tell Toriyama was probably running on E creatively  and the editors constantly wanting him to change shit didnt help. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I finally read the manga volumes I had of DB Super's Tournament of Power arc. After hearing for years about how stupidly powerful Jiren was, the dude did not disappoint. Dude is like the Metal Blades, Mega Man X Hadoken, and Goomba's Shoe rolled into one. Even Goku and Vegeta jumping Jiren wasn't enough to beat him.

Oh and Kale going LSS Broly on Frieza?

Licking Jackie Chan GIF

I could watch that tail whuppin' ALL. DAY.

9 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Honestly, I thought they would have had Kale run into Broly by now. Those two aren't allowed to have children. 

By now you would think that they would have made an arc of the U7 saiyans visiting the U6 saiyan's world, but here we are, having arcs giving free upgrades to Gohan once again, like if this wouldnt reset to the status quo by the next arc.

Imo, it would have been much better if they focused on Trunks and goten and let them be the main characters with Picollo for the movie and arc, Gohan's boat already sailed, his arc was already completed, and with the current events they are only retreating the same unapealing events that happened in the past, of him learning that he needs to be ready in case Goku and Vegeta are not around, and got a free power up handed to him, without any rhyme or reason.

I really hope at some point U7 and U6 do have more interactions.  I know Goku and Co have bigger thing to worry about right now with Black Frieza running round but it'd be great to see what U6 has been up to since the time has passed.  And then there's also the fact that I'm sure Goku would at least want to visit Jiren's world for a rematch after training with Broly.

Definitely prefer the first take.  The "no I still hate him" joke did make me laugh but I think the Vegeta no Vegeta yes call back was perfectly enough.

• 3 weeks later...

“There are some things I can’t say but one thing I can tell you is [in] this production Akira Toriyama has been deeply involved beyond his usual capacity overseeing the original work, story, character design, and more,” executive producer Akio Iyoku said. “Additionally, [Toriyama] has planned entirely new episodes for the storyline so please look forward to the start of the series.

Edited by AriesWarlock