Stage Select

The Fitness Thread

Yeah, the quarantine forced me to change my diet too.  I can't really say I lost weight but I definitely became leaner overall.  I'm still about the same weight but I can tell a lot of it is muscle density making up for it.  For now I'm staying active and continuing to show discipline.

Home cooking is also something that can improve self-confidence.  You see these neat looking food items in magazines and menus and then you up and make it yourself, you don't burn your house down, it tastes amazing and it's way better for you.  It's godlike.  

I pulled my MCL a couple of weeks ago so I've fallen off big time on my squats.  I've been gradually stressing my quads again so I can not fall off too hard with I fully heal, and I'm confident I can make myself stronger than before.  

The weight truck before this injury was one of my favorite new things to do post-quarantine.  It's extremely motivating to have the weight truck at max resistance with 6 45s stacked upon it and to be able to do laps with it.  Even the trainers were in awe.  I'm proud that I was able to keep pace and even improve my performance during quarantine.  The metal hook of my resistance bands broke off earlier this week during my lunch break workout, so I still gotta hook up the new stuff.  

Quit the gym as soon as COVID hit, so I have been relying on changing my diet, doing more activities outside and using resistance bands. The diet change was easy since I gave up eating out. Now I cook for myself more and only have takeout twice a month. Resistance bands I try to do everyday, but I don't do as much cardio as my old gym routine.

I am planning to get an exercise bike to do more cardio because I highly doubt I will be going back to the gym in 2021. I am fine-tuning a consistent routine that keeps me active.

1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I checked my waist. I'm right at 36". So I had to buy a 34-38 belt. But I was wearing a 40-44, so I'm not complaining. How's the knee holding up @Psychoblue

Minor soreness but at the very least I can do squats and deep squats again like I used to.  It's gonna be a matter of pushing myself little by little until I know we're ready to go farther than where we were before the injury.  

On 12/3/2020 at 1:20 PM, Darc_Requiem said:

I need to start working out but I've changed my diet, cut out fast food, reduced calories, cut my sugar intake and I've gone from 259lbs to 231lbs. I literally have to buy some more belts because I can't tighten my belt anymore (out of holes). Went from 40" pants to 36" pants. My waist is actually smaller than 36".

AcHUvQN.jpg

This whole buying new belts business pissed me off let me know i did good work

I just got rid of most of my jeans. But i have some really cool stretchy ones.

My whole thing with weight loss was to look better in my clothes. But i am shaped so awkward lol

I do a lot more stair climbing at work so these gotch bible sessions are getting easier.

Withour access to real heavyweight i went for intensity increase. It has helped. As well as just the usual chores 

It is weird looking at myself and not really recognizing any weight loss

@Psychobluegotch bible have you converted yet? It is an old school wrestler circuit that you can do anyway you want. I use calisthenics

Edited by DrLariat
20 hours ago, DrLariat said:

@Psychobluegotch bible have you converted yet? It is an old school wrestler circuit that you can do anyway you want. I use calisthenics

Are we talking about the card stuff?  I can do most everything other than pushups because my wrists are all screwed up.  Other than that it's pretty fun.  

During quarantine my company moved to telehealth options, and something that one of my staff used for his kid was some kiddie aerobics.  I did it with them via Zoom and honestly it was a decent workout.  I converted a lot of the exercises they used like squats, deep squats, jumping jacks, burpees etc to the Gotch Bible and it's been enjoyable.  I'm sticking with free weights for upper body stuff for now but lower body + Gotch Bible has paid off big time.  

Edited by Psychoblue

Yeah boy!

I use random card generator

Pushups might not be your bag but you can do pushups on a bench to lighten the load

I been doing ballet stuff like jumps and kicks and plies and star jumps lately since losing weight.

You really can do anything

Hell a while back i been using the bat i have for baseball swings and axe chops

When you are at home you can do a bunch of whacky stuff nobody thinks of

Edited by DrLariat
  • 2 weeks later...

You know I thought one of my friends was trying to be nice. She thought I looked the same, sans hair, as back in the day. So I tried to recreate the photo I took when I was 24, 239lbs and going to the gym with my brother 4 times a week. For a guy that hasn't lifted weight in like 14 years, I don't look to bad. Guess she wasn't lying...that said my arms are noticeably smaller....my bicep is only like half the size of my head now, they were 3/4 the height of my head back in the day. Thanks fully I have big head.

Age 41, no gym, 223lbs

6GNVMEy.jpg?1

Age 24, gym 4 times a week, 239lbs

25PRLzG.jpg

That said, I feel pretty. I was 259 man....I was feeling like shit at that size. @PsychoblueIf I can your drive at the gym, I can't imagine how good I'd feel.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/5/2020 at 6:11 PM, Darc_Requiem said:

Oh I did my weekly weigh in this morning. 228 now 😀

I'm no doctor or anything, but I'd push it out to either once every two weeks or as I do, once a month.  Unless there are reasons or a doctor told you to do differently, I have found that it better to push it further out while you're doing the work.

3 hours ago, Deadly_Raver said:

I'm no doctor or anything, but I'd push it out to either once every two weeks or as I do, once a month.  Unless there are reasons or a doctor told you to do differently, I have found that it better to push it further out while you're doing the work.

I'm where I want to be at this point. I bounce between 223 to 225. Not really trying to lose any more weight at this point. I want to stay at this level. Unless I start hitting the gym to try and get my biceps back. I'm good. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's very difficult and futile for me to lose weight on antidepressants in order to met the goal of obtaining an ideal figure that once met my standards. I was there with both worlds of being underweight and overweight. My premature and severe starvation and weight loss and was at 15 years old cost me some physical consequences as I've gotten much older. 

I suppose that my mental well being is more important at this time, as I've almost found myself in trouble with the law without the right medications. I use to substitute my medications with alcohol, which I do an inadequate amount of liquor, due to going to an substance abuse program last year. 

Other than that, it's been healthy eating and I can't overexert myself with exercising if I tried. I take multi-vitamins to tap into some energy and stability in other areas. It's mandatory for me to take supplements in order to be not fatigued and physically distorted in attempt to prevent post diabetes. I'm not even a sweets person, but my medication boosts blood sugar, which makes things frightening for me, as it's all very tiresome. 

• 1 month later...

I've changed my mind. I rather choose physical health and even vanity, over mental health, due to having an underlining condition and how the virus may interact with me should I get it. It would be a dismal way to die of complications, because of my weight. So, I'm going start eating healthy again, exercise, and one day post before and after pictures. I look forward to being thin again. 

My diet has slipped since I had covid. I lost 12lbs while I was sick. I was down to 209 and I was where I wanted to be at 221. I'm up to around 219lbs. It was weird trying gain weight after spending so much time losing it. I float between 217 to 219 now. Still doing push ups. Surprised no one at work has caught me. Every time i get up from my desk, I do a set of push ups when I get back to my desk. It works out pretty well.

Edited by Darc_Requiem

I actually did the most push ups in a day by far today. I got to 335. It's just through out the day though. I never though this would amount to anything but I actually see a difference. It it weren't for COVID, I'd be further along. I went from doing push ups daily to not doing anything for about two weeks there. I'm trying to think of what else I can do while in the office that I can do inconspicuously any suggestions man @Psychoblue 

1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I actually did the most push ups in a day by far today. I got to 335. It's just through out the day though. I never though this would amount to anything but I actually see a difference. It it weren't for COVID, I'd be further along. I went from doing push ups daily to not doing anything for about two weeks there. I'm trying to think of what else I can do while in the office that I can do inconspicuously any suggestions man @Psychoblue 

Try investing in desk pedals.  I use it not just to stay active but as a fidget to keep focusing. 

https://www.amazon.com/Exercise-Exerciser-Portable-Peddler-Displays/dp/B07JFTQ2MS/ref=asc_df_B07JFTQ2MS/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=241955637300&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=8259661583472579009&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9008418&hvtargid=pla-572060322678&psc=1

I really need to get some free weights but if I buy them and don't use them. I'll get salty. So I do push ups or use things around the apartment. Whenever I get the vaccine, I'll go to the gym. Don't feel comfortable doing that right now. So filling up old detergent jugs and using them as weights will have to suffice for now.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
37 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I really need to get some free weights but if I buy them and don't use them. I'll get salty. So I do push ups or use things around the apartment. Whenever I get the vaccine, I'll go to the gym. Don't feel comfortable doing that right now. So filling up old detergent jugs and using them as weights will have to suffice for now.

Free weights for a home gym may be hard to come by (without a premium) for obvious reasons. You could also try out resistance bands.

I have 9 exercises that I cycle through throughout the day.  I do these exercises whenever I feel like it in this sequence:

1. Pushups: 40 reps.

2. Pullups: 7 reps.

3. Shoulder Presses: Two 25 dumb bells for 25 reps. 

4. Curls: Two 25 pound dumb bells for 20 reps. 

5. Triceps extensions: One 40 pound dumb bell for 20 reps. 

6. Sit Ups: 30 reps. 

7. Stiff Legged Deadlifts: Two 50 pound dumb bells for 12 reps. 

8. Squats: Two 50 pound dumb bells for 12 reps. 

9. Calves Raises: 45 reps on a step. 

That routine exercises all major muscle groups. 

My cardio is walk for 30 minutes daily. 

Ever since I stopped over eating, I lost 11 pounds. My face is looking much better looking and thinner. I'm also losing my gut.  

Edited by Lord Vega

@PsychoblueHey man thanks again for the mini-bike suggestion. It's a little too loud for me use at the office but it's comes in handy when I'm watching TV or sitting in front of my PC. So I'm added that to my slowly expanding fitness plan. Up to at least 300 push ups a day. Started at 100, so I see progress which is encouraging. Gonna throw a few other things in over the next few days. 

Edited by Darc_Requiem

At the rate I'm going, I'm going to end up looking like Spike from Tom & Jerry. All arms and chest, nothing else. I've done 520 push ups today and I did 500 yesterday. In the last couple months, outside of my COVID induced 3 week hiatus, I've done more push ups than I've done in my entire life. Any good suggestions on gloves? Since my wrist is shot I have to do them on my fist and I'm developing callouses and/or bruises around my knuckles 😑

Edited by Darc_Requiem
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/24/2021 at 6:26 PM, Vhozite said:

I’ve been going to the gym for the last couple weeks (on week 3 or 4 now) and I really enjoy it. Usually I go Mon.-Thurs. but I’m thinking about going Saturday also. Is 5 days too much?  I feel like I lose progress resting for 3 days straight.

I go 3 days a week, but I've been enjoying the walk to the gym so much that I went all 7 days. I feel good again!

2 minutes ago, Dayaan said:

I go 3 days a week, but I've been enjoying the walk to the gym so much that I went all 7 days. I feel good again!

I bumped up to 5 last week and I prefer it for mental reasons. The gym is basically apart of my morning routine at this point and skipping it for 3 days makes me feel like shit. 2 day break is my sweet spot

• 2 months later...

Not really progress related but I’m very slowly starting to get compliments. People occasionally make comments on my improving physique and it makes me feel really good. I’m still nowhere close to where I want to be weight wise but it’s nice that people can at least tell I work out.

Only thing is that it makes me feel retroactively bad about how I used to look 

On 3/24/2021 at 7:26 PM, Vhozite said:

I’ve been going to the gym for the last couple weeks (on week 3 or 4 now) and I really enjoy it. Usually I go Mon.-Thurs. but I’m thinking about going Saturday also. Is 5 days too much?  I feel like I lose progress resting for 3 days straight.

You aren't going to lose progress in those 3 days at all.  I've been going to the gym mon-thurs for like the past decade and it's been just fine.

• 1 month later...

Since this got brought back to the top. Dropped 25 lbs since April (intentionally). Right now I've just been running as my aerobic system was complete trash. My progressions for cardio so far. 

5X a week on average - 

April -  Walk 1 hr a day

May - Walk/Run in heart rate Zone 2-3 for distance (5K). 

June - Walk/Run in heart rate Zone 2-3 for distance (5K) and time. (sub-50)

July - Walk/Run in heart rate Zone 2-3 for distance (4 miles) and incorporate HIIT (at least once a week) via 10 intervals of 1 min running. As a side, I'm able to do a 5K sub 39 min now. 

August - Same a July but increase distance by 10%. 

My goal now is to increase the distance but keep the same time. 

Now that I feel better, I am adding resistance training back into the mix. I'm gonna spend the weekend making a routine of sorts. 

Edited by OPTIMUS124
  • 1 month later...
On 3/13/2021 at 10:28 AM, Lord Vega said:

I have 9 exercises that I cycle through throughout the day.  I do these exercises whenever I feel like it in this sequence:

1. Pushups: 40 reps.

2. Pullups: 7 reps.

3. Shoulder Presses: Two 25 dumb bells for 25 reps. 

4. Curls: Two 25 pound dumb bells for 20 reps. 

5. Triceps extensions: One 40 pound dumb bell for 20 reps. 

6. Sit Ups: 30 reps. 

7. Stiff Legged Deadlifts: Two 50 pound dumb bells for 12 reps. 

8. Squats: Two 50 pound dumb bells for 12 reps. 

9. Calves Raises: 45 reps on a step. 

That routine exercises all major muscle groups. 

My cardio is walk for 30 minutes daily. 

Ever since I stopped over eating, I lost 11 pounds. My face is looking much better looking and thinner. I'm also losing my gut.  

Cheers man, I might have to steal this workout 👀

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've been posting it in the SFV Lounge Discord since I started the fitness channel, but I've finally recovered from my surgery well enough to get back into fitness. I'm doing better than ever already, all things considered, and I'm starting out in modelling for my girl because of it.

I've always been the poorest in my friend group so I always dressed like shit from clothes at markets and souqs, and puberty didn't help me at all.

I've always looked terrible.

But now, old friends say I'm better looking than before, I've got better fashion on the cheap and my girl has made me more confident in an aspect of my personality that I never even realized I wanted.

I used to be a fat fuck. Now I feel a lot better about myself, even if I'm not at the physical peak I used to be at while playing sports.

It does get better, bros. It really does.

EDIT: @Darc_RequiemThis is the first time I looked at the top of the thread and I have to say, stay the fuck away from me, dude. If I mess up around you through a genuine accident and you even fake a lunge at me as a joke I will pass the fuck out from sheer fear. I will not hesitate.

Looking good, man. Looking good.

Edited by Dayaan

This technically isn’t about fitness but idc 

If you don’t rack your weights i fucking hate you. I’m going over to the leg press machine and there is over a dozen 45lb plates still on it. I’ve seen one of the guys that do it too he takes every plate within a quarter mile just to do like 10 reps and then he fucks off with like half the plates in the gym in one spot. Literally moved like 400+ lbs of plates to their right spots  just so I could finish my workout. 

Fuck that guy.