Stage Select

Wake up Samurai: the Cyberpunk 2077 thread

5 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

My female V had maxed intelligence and a lot of points in cool. I was going to try to do a "pacifist" run with her at first. I actually got pretty far in the game without killing anyone before saying fuck it.

Lol nice. I admit I go for kills unless my fixer asks me otherwise. It would be cool if you could talk your way out of more combat situations. I would like to see the power of speech go up. I want to play a super smooth negotiator V. 

Unrelated to anything, im watching someone play right now (hurt my eye so on Hiatus at the moment) and they are on the rescue Saul Mission and I forgot how much it made me laugh when Saul and Panam are just like "Hey V go outside and turn on the power" it's not like there is a blistering sandstorm outside or anything!!! Lol 

I did Sandblasting for two years and let me tell you, you don't just casually ask someone to go out into a sand storm lol. Thats a big ass ask hehe. 

Edited by RSG3

My V is a stealth build and honestly, the stealth in this game is super basic and it can break some times. Far too often I would have enemies stand around and not move an itch only for the assholes to turn around suddenly as I move in. Sometimes I had enemies be alerted when hiding bodies and even an instance when they went into combat mode while in alert. 

10 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

My V is a stealth build and honestly, the stealth in this game is super basic and it can break some times. Far too often I would have enemies stand around and not move an itch only for the assholes to turn around suddenly as I move in. Sometimes I had enemies be alerted when hiding bodies and even an instance when they went into combat mode while in alert. 

I've had incidents of enemies vision cones seeing me through the wall. The time slow down perk was boon because I usually could get away without triggering them but it was annoying.

I barely have anything in Int or Cool, but spend half my time stealth hacking.  I'm not saying those stats can't be worthwhile, but they're definitely not essential to their respective play styles.  I can reboot the optics on a closely grouped pair of enemies, then creep up and choke them both out before either can see again pretty easily on Hard with 4 and 5 Int and Cool respectively.

Cyberarms are almost all underwhelming, except for tranquilizer rockets which are God mode and therefore really shouldn't be used.

Tech>smart>power weapons, but only just barely and it depends on the situation.  Iconic weapons are neat, but the special effects rarely matter much.  After the very early part of the game every style of weapon is perfectly viable.  The ricochet mechanic is definitely undercooked though.  I still plan on trying out a maximum ricochet spec just to see if it gets good when you pile enough on it.

Sometimes normal weapons spawn with white text special abilities. I have an under leveled blue power non-iconic assault rifle that for some reason gets more accurate from recoil, and that alone makes it one of my stronger guns because every aimed burst is headshot city.

4 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

Reveal hidden contents

I'm sadden that didn't get my fling with Rouge. The one character I would like to do that with. Rather her than Stout.

It's ridiculous how hot old people are in this game. Trying to reunite samurai and most of them aged like wine. I need a path where I can clap Dennys cheeks.

Dude for real, Denny is smoking hot. 

2 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

Hide contents

I'm sadden that didn't get my fling with Rouge. The one character I would like to do that with. Rather her than Stout.

It's ridiculous how hot old people are in this game. Trying to reunite samurai and most of them aged like wine. I need a path where I can clap Dennys cheeks.

Bruh I thought it was just me. Denny is thicker than a Frosty fam. 

Edit: Everyone got that Angela Bassett tech in Cyberpunk.......except Nancy 👀

Edited by Darc_Requiem

Man, I'm wander if I should come back to this.

I finished my Nomad run and got pretty much the best ending of the game with Panam

Spoiler

.... Goro got fucked over unfortunately!!

But with the glitches and my RX 480 bottlenecking the hell out of Ryzen 7 3700X, I may as well wait for the major patch.

2 hours ago, DarkSakul said:

The Ausura Sniper rifle, upgraded to legendary, it has 1250 some dps, and I got it with critts doing 5.1x damage and headshots doing 5.2 damage and since it's a smart rifle and I got my critts up I am doing Final Fantasy levels of damage on this game. I can one shot cyber psychos. 

Too bad I closed out the Cyber Psychos quest line. 

It's a fun rifle paired with the epic cyber legs that let you hover after a super jump.  Pop up long enough to target, then shoot up into the air at your convenience from a half mile away.

A Nekomata with reduced charge time still kicks its ass though.

I completed the main campaign. Got "The Star" ending

Spoiler

I left Night City with my favorite gal pal Panam to start a new life with the Aldecaldos. V still hasn't given on up living and seems like will be chasing some leads. Nice ending with a sequel hook. I'm not fond that she threw away Jackie's necklace when crossing the border. Don't need to forget about him. 

Also had V mad that River wouldn't come with her and Goro telling me to rot in hell in a voice mail. 

@HawkingbirdGiving you a warning. This should tell you all you need to now about the length of my spoiler. :tldr:

Spoiler

After clearing the game with my male V the first time, I thought it was cool the he got to ride off into the sunset the type of woman, not because of her looks, that any dude would like have in real life. V knows that Panam literally has his back no matter what. That shits invaluable. The fact that she's a smoke show is just a damn good bonus. Plus V has some hope of finding a cure to his condition not a guarantee but a chance at life is all any of us every really have. V just knows to value his time because he has much starker reminder that it isn't guaranteed.

The Aldecados are not blood but their are the true definition of family. People that are their to lift you up even in the worst of times. Literally every grown man and woman in the group stuck their neck out for V. I agree with you about the necklace, while I guess V doesn't need a symbol for it. That bullet pulled from his skull is a reminder of the second chance he has. To me, that would be invaluable. I wish you had a choice whether or not to throw it away. Some people may feel chucking it would be a better way to give their V a "fresh" start. Others would feel like we do.

I chose that route for my male and female V. I got the Sun ending at first with my male V and I thought it was trash to be honest. I mean technically V gets what he was striving for from the outside. To be a "legend of Night City" but at a price I didn't feel was worth it. The Star ending is the type of conclusion to V's arc that I find satisfying whether it's the true in V's tale or a lead to something more.

The Star/Nomad route is very similar with male and female V. I did like some of the added touches my female V got because she had a nomad background. Not that joining the Aldecados didn't mean a great deal to my street kid male V, but if felt like more of a home coming for Nomad V. I liked that aspect. It's great new start for Street Kid V, but Nomad V never really wanted to the Night City life. That was the path V chose out of necessity. The Bakkers, V's family, sacrificed their ideals in V's eyes. So V was looking for a new place to belong. Finding another Nomad family gives nomad V what the truly wanted. A family, but also the lifestyle V never really wanted to give up in the first place.

All that said, it sucks that female (straight) V doesn't get to take their love with them. Honestly, I thought River would just bring his whole family with him. I mean Randy getting a fresh start would really be a good thing. But if they are dead set on Night City, then he definitely wouldn't leave them. The same thing that makes him appealing to V is the reason why he can't follow her. If he abandoned his sister, neice, and nephews her really wouldn't be the dude she thought he was. It was basically a lose/lose situation. There isn't, at least from what I can gather, a "happy" ending for V that involves staying in Night City. From what I've heard, have not really dug into it, the Arasaka ending is REALLY bad, but I figured as much so I never picked it.

I'm kind of annoyed that there is no way to end on good terms with Takemura. If you save his life a V, clearly their some sort of camaraderie there. If Takemura was just a means to and for V, V could just left to be slaughtered. Not only does he tell V to rot in hell, but it seemed to imply that he might commit seppuku.  When you save him, it seems like he and V are "bros". Oh well. :tldr:

10 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

@HawkingbirdGiving you a warning. This should tell you all you need to now about the length of my spoiler. :tldr:

Reveal hidden contents

After clearing the game with my male V the first time, I thought it was cool the he got to ride off into the sunset the type of woman, not because of her looks, that any dude would like have in real life. V knows that Panam literally has his back no matter what. That shits invaluable. The fact that she's a smoke show is just a damn good bonus. Plus V has some hope of finding a cure to his condition not a guarantee but a chance at life is all any of us every really have. V just knows to value his time because he has much starker reminder that it isn't guaranteed.

The Aldecados are not blood but their are the true definition of family. People that are their to lift you up even in the worst of times. Literally every grown man and woman in the group stuck their neck out for V. I agree with you about the necklace, while I guess V doesn't need a symbol for it. That bullet pulled from his skull is a reminder of the second chance he has. To me, that would be invaluable. I wish you had a choice whether or not to throw it away. Some people may feel chucking it would be a better way to give their V a "fresh" start. Others would feel like we do.

I chose that route for my male and female V. I got the Sun ending at first with my male V and I thought it was trash to be honest. I mean technically V gets what he was striving for from the outside. To be a "legend of Night City" but at a price I didn't feel was worth it. The Star ending is the type of conclusion to V's arc that I find satisfying whether it's the true in V's tale or a lead to something more.

The Star/Nomad route is very similar with male and female V. I did like some of the added touches my female V got because she had a nomad background. Not that joining the Aldecados didn't mean a great deal to my street kid male V, but if felt like more of a home coming for Nomad V. I liked that aspect. It's great new start for Street Kid V, but Nomad V never really wanted to the Night City life. That was the path V chose out of necessity. The Bakkers, V's family, sacrificed their ideals in V's eyes. So V was looking for a new place to belong. Finding another Nomad family gives nomad V what the truly wanted. A family, but also the lifestyle V never really wanted to give up in the first place.

All that said, it sucks that female (straight) V doesn't get to take their love with them. Honestly, I thought River would just bring his whole family with him. I mean Randy getting a fresh start would really be a good thing. But if they are dead set on Night City, then he definitely wouldn't leave them. The same thing that makes him appealing to V is the reason why he can't follow her. If he abandoned his sister, neice, and nephews her really wouldn't be the dude she thought he was. It was basically a lose/lose situation. There isn't, at least from what I can gather, a "happy" ending for V that involves staying in Night City. From what I've heard, have not really dug into it, the Arasaka ending is REALLY bad, but I figured as much so I never picked it.

I'm kind of annoyed that there is no way to end on good terms with Takemura. If you save his life a V, clearly their some sort of camaraderie there. If Takemura was just a means to and for V, V could just left to be slaughtered. Not only does he tell V to rot in hell, but it seemed to imply that he might commit seppuku.  When you save him, it seems like he and V are "bros". Oh well. :tldr:

Spoiler

From what I looked up, The Star seems to be the happiest ending V can get due to how optimistic it is. I kinda expected it to be a bit more beak considering just how fucked the Aldecados were multiple times in that ending. For only three of them to die when it was all say and done is a miracle. I connected with Aldecados doing Panam questline so it was a no brainer for me to get them to help when the endgame came. I'm hoping whatever DLC expansion we get expands on this ending. 

While River bringing his family with him would be neat I'm not sure how smooth that would go. My V needed to be selfless in order to get accepted. River and his fam having to fight for acceptance on top of adjusting to a completely new way of life was probably not in the cards. Though it sucks he can't come as he sure as hell needs a new start being unemployed. 

I can understand why Takemura would want me to rot in hell. Once I let Alt into the system she just had to kill everybody in the building including Hanako. Presumably, all the people in the corp that could have published Yorinobu for his crimes are dead and V is indirectly responsible. 

Good point on Takemura, I hadn't considered that. Like I said, I understand you know who staying behind. Person is really close with family. Quest line says as much. Just sorta sucks for V.

Spoiler

I want DLC digging into the Peralez situation. The fact that Johnny didn't even want to fuck with the perpetrators spoke volumes. Wonder if it really was AI's from beyond the Blackwall. Certainly seems like it.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Good point on Takemura, I hadn't considered that. Like I said, I understand you know who staying behind. Person is really close with family. Quest line says as much. Just sorta sucks for V.

Hide contents

I want DLC digging into the Peralez situation. The fact that Johnny didn't even want to fuck with the perpetrators spoke volumes. Wonder if it really was AI's from beyond the Blackwall. Certainly seems like it.

Spoiler

Yea, we never got a proper resolution to the Peralez questline. Rouge AI being the culprits would be interesting. It will be interesting to know what they gain from doing it. 

49 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:
  Hide contents

Yea, we never got a proper resolution to the Peralez questline. Rouge AI being the culprits would be interesting. It will be interesting to know what they gain from doing it. 

Well....

Spoiler

Only reason I think it was rogue AIs was because of Johnny mentioning it. That planted the seed and I started thinking about other things. The way they just hacked into V out of nowhere to call him. It's was honestly eerie as fuck. Between that and the Delamain quest line it got me thinking and I do not completely trust Alt, it's sort of where I'm at on the subject. The Peralez questline is probably my favorite just because how different Jefferson can turn out. If you do the "right" thing you destroy his life. He even loses trust in his wife. I was kind of side eyeing her for moment but then she brought V in on purpose because she didn't trust anyone else to help them. She didn't trust her own thoughts. Plus I felt worse for her than Jefferson because she knows what going on and is basically dealing with it on her own. She's so worried about Jefferson she's got herself trapped in a vice too.

The more I think on that quest, that bothers me more than Soulkiller. Given how terrible that is, it's saying something. As bad as Soul Killer is, at least it seems the copied person maintains who they are. All indications is that at least, based on the Lizzy Wizzy quest line, Arasaka can only copy a person's psyche. They can't alter it. It sucks that they get ripped from their bodies and locked into Mikoshi. At least there is some sort of miniscule chance for them to get free and still have their mind. The Peralez's don't even know truly know who they are anymore. They can't trust their own memories. Their neural pathways have been changed. Damn man.... :tldr:

Edit: If this keeps up, I'm going to have to change my name to Dime Requiem 🤣

Edited by Darc_Requiem

So I did both Arasaka endings to get them put of the way. I think they are kind of intereating, tho deffinitly the "Bad" endings but not for the reasons you probably assume. 

Spoiler

Credit where it is due Hanako keeps every promise she makes to you. She never betrays you, she sends you to their best facility  (on the moon!) And they remove the chip. In the process tho they completely fuck your motor functions. You can't run, and solving a very simple Rubix Cube is beyond you now. Your visions also pretty wonky. Their solution seems to have been something of a cudgel solution and like all the other endings you only have like 6 months to live. You are then met with Hellman  (or if you saved him, Takemura) who offers you the option to go home and live your last 6 months how you see fit, or a free Secure your Soul offer. Takemura really really wants you to take the Secure your Soul option. If you agree they zap you like they did Johnny and it fades to white. If you go home V sings a little of Never Fade Away and looks out the station window and sees earth, looks for a moment, rips their bullet necklace off and says "Fuck." Cut to black.

Oh and just before all of this Johnny calls you a loser and walks away from you for teaming with Arasaka and choosing the "calm life" option instead of making a statement and going out in a blaze of glory. He's seriously unimpressed. 

The honestly horrifying part of the ending and the part that imo DEFFINITLY makes it the bad ending is they reveal Saburo has an Engram (predictable, spent the whole game calling it) and use the Data they gain from your head to slot Saburo into Yorinobu thus "Killing" Yorinobu and giving Saburo an extremely young and fresh body to inhabit and continue running Arasaka. That can't possibly be good...for anyone.

Double Post but whatever. 

Another QOL update I want in the future is when i have subtitles turned off I want my auto translator to still pop up. If you have subs disabled then you can't see other languages being translated in real time. It's annoying and imo a stupid over sight. One is for people who want to see everything scripted out and the other is a gameplay mechanic so we can understand foreign languages. They shouldnt be linked like that. Lazy and kind of ruins my immersion attempts as I always turn off Subs. I use headphones I can hear dialogue fine 99% of the time. 

Edit: I also hope this months big patch solves the crashing issue becsuse I'm pretty fucking over it now. 

Double Edit: oh and how about the phone bot disabling combat functions. Don't like dying cuz Regina decided to call me in the middle of a firefight and I can no longer double/high jump or throw fucking Grande because I'm the phone for some reason. 

Why even have a prompt to answer the phone if V is just gonna answer it anyway? 

Edited by RSG3
10 hours ago, RSG3 said:

Double Post but whatever. 

Another QOL update I want in the future is when i have subtitles turned off I want my auto translator to still pop up. If you have subs disabled then you can't see other languages being translated in real time. It's annoying and imo a stupid over sight. One is for people who want to see everything scripted out and the other is a gameplay mechanic so we can understand foreign languages. They shouldnt be linked like that. Lazy and kind of ruins my immersion attempts as I always turn off Subs. I use headphones I can hear dialogue fine 99% of the time. 

Edit: I also hope this months big patch solves the crashing issue becsuse I'm pretty fucking over it now. 

Double Edit: oh and how about the phone bot disabling combat functions. Don't like dying cuz Regina decided to call me in the middle of a firefight and I can no longer double/high jump or throw fucking Grande because I'm the phone for some reason. 

Why even have a prompt to answer the phone if V is just gonna answer it anyway? 

Unless I'm missing something, I wish there was easier way to text message contacts. If you need to call someone, their name appears at the top of your contact list. Same should happen was text messages. Back when If first got the game, I thought the Cyberpsycho quest was bugged because it said I needed to message Regina and I was calling her nothing was happening. As it is now you hit X to open your messages and have to manually thumb throw you contacts to message them. As the game goes a long and you get more people in your list it becomes increases annoying. 

Dark literally fucking himself out of bigger rewards lmao. Also pretty much saying you should never hire him because he is unproffessional and doesnt listen to the person who hired and pays him lol. 

Anyway @Darc_Requiemon PS4 if at least if you have a message to send someone they usually appear at the top of the list like if you had to call them. 

Edited by RSG3
5 hours ago, DarkSakul said:

The stealth is fucked, one person sees me though the way and the only way out is though everyone. 

But I was just in the lounge quoting someone else....wut? 

Well anyway yea stealth a bit wonky right now. 

Edited by RSG3
2 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

There's a quick hack that allows to take enemies out of combat state when your caught. Alternatively, use the quick hack that turns off their optics. 

Between quickhacks and camera control.  You can often take people out without ever taking a step.  Also most stealth missions have multiple ways into the place you have to sneak into. Take the one that takes you past the fewest people. With my second V, I literally went the first half of the game stealth non lethal taking down every mob. 

Edited by Darc_Requiem
2 hours ago, Reticently said:

There are a ton of cool little touches in this game that get lost in the shit storm over its launch state.

Have any of you guys found the Die Hard homage?  Or seen the D&D themed artificial breasts on the animated billboard?  The homeless camp cardboard sign that says "My wife and children were abducted by aliens!  Help me celebrate!"?

Haven't found those but last night I found Charlize Fury and her partner Max. 

You know, as cool as some of the cars are in this game, because the handling is so shitty on the cars nothing gets you to where you want to go faster than a Kusanagi motorcycle you can buy for $22k, and Jackie's free motorcycle is nearly as good.

As far as I can tell, you also don't take falling damage when your on a motorcycle.  A fact which as let me do some blatantly stupid things for shits and giggles.

Also, though I haven't really explored it too much you can surf on the backs of the VTOL hover cars Trauma Team and others use from time to time, provided you can find one in the process of taking off.

Finally finishes the game and all important side missions and gigs.

What I can say that the game was enjoyable with a good enough story but it could had been so much more if it had more time because it was clearly unfinished.

Not talking about bugs because almost all games of this scale have their bugs but I am talking about clearly a lot of removed features that they showed in trailers or ones you would expect in a triple a rpg.

The ending(s) leaves plenty of room for dlc expansions and maybe even a sequel in the future so here's hoping we get to see more of the story.

@SkortYeah, some of the perks show there is missing content as well. One of them has a perk for you using enemies as a human shield....and you can't do that. PC players have found pursuit AI in the game for the police that would allow for car chases. I hope they can get some of this stuff back into the game. Also adding activities to the world that are not quest/gig related would be nice. 

Edited by Darc_Requiem