Stage Select

Wake up Samurai: the Cyberpunk 2077 thread

1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Patch 1.3 dropped. There are a lot notes.

https://www.cyberpunk.net/en/news/39092/patch-1-3-list-of-changes

Apparently there are unlisted changes.....is this a fighting game?

Lots of great fixes to this, been checking it out the last 3 days. 

They broke a bunch of shit too tho, at least on base PS4 models. Conversations in a car while it's moving don't work right anymore. Audio lags badly and even overlaps with other spoken lines. Same for any conversation on the phone while driving. You have to stop the car for audio to play right which is something you can't do in a lot of the ride along.  

They activated a ton of perks that where broken, but in the process broke a bunch of working perks. The faster reload perks are all broken now and make you reload slow as molasses. I've also had some funny one where my gun floats out of my hind and sits in mod air but I can still fire it at anyone, it aimed where I point it and the bullets still come out of the gun. It's pretty funny. 

So great patch, fixed a bunch of shit (mini maps useful when driving now) but they also broke a bunch of other shit in the process lmao. 

They also moved and swapped out a ton of the guaranteed loot so now everyone's loot guides are innacurate as fuck lmao. 

Also discovered the way the mini map works and it explains why it took them forever to fix it and o gotta say their implementation for it is pretty fucking dumb. 

Edited by RSG3
6 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

@RSG3So basically there is going to be a 1.31 patch in week or two to fix what they broke. I'll repeat myself. The game should have loved this November. If it had been delayed a year they'd be farther a long than they are even now IMO.

Yea a year delay is probably what this game needed. It would be in a far more solid state if they had waited. 

But yea expect a hot fix in a week or two. They broke a ton of shit. 

Edited by RSG3
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Just say this pop up randomly on Twitter. May look into this more when I finish some other games in my back log.

I keep plugging away slowly at my two builds, my Smart build and my Punk/Street/Violence build. Game gets better in some ways and worse in others. kinda funny to watch honestly. Last update fixed a lot of shit but broke phone calls while driving. Cant win for losing lol.

It is a shame to hear there's still issues going on with this game... I had fun for the relatively short amount of time I was playing... I didn't even stop due to glitches or anything...there was just so many other games I'm into, and I had quickly got to a point where my character was nearly unstoppable since the hacking is so wonderfully OP, imo.

It's always fun to hear other people's adventures and what they chose to do in any given situation... like my friend's character is drastically different from mine... I think he started off as "street kid" with melee/shooting focus, and my character is a "Corpo" suit with the hacking/intelligence focus.

• 4 months later...

Patch 1.5 dropped. The last gen versions are missing some of the update features.

CP2077_infographics-1_EN_9ydq4nx84oaolms

https://www.cyberpunk.net/en/news/41435/patch-1-5-next-generation-update-list-of-changes

Edit: Patches are more extensive than what's listed apparently and their are apparently new quests added but only to the next gen and PC version.

Edited by Darc_Requiem

As someone that had the PC version, I was fortunate. I didn't have the terrible experience that others had. I beat the game, from beginning to end, twice. One full run with Male and Female V. I also went back to an earlier save with my male V so I could see all the endings. In well over 100 hours I had 6 serious bugs. Which isn't acceptable but not the shit show others had. I had more minor bugs but they weren't of the hard crash or game breaking variety.

If you have Ray Tracing capable card you may have noticed a performance hit with the 1.5 patch. Given that I have a AMD card, I just assumed Ray Tracing tanked my performance so badly because their Ray Tracing performance is worse than Nvidia's. However they actually updated the ray traced shadows in the game. Before only the Sun caused ray traced shadows. They expanded it to local and artificial light sources. The stealth update they did added a second setting for Ray Tracing. Ray Traced Local Shadows setting. So the game was Ray Tracing shadows on a lot more light sources as before.  It's still not worth the performance hit for me, but if you have a Nvidia card you can toggle that setting off to get the same performance as prior to the patch.

Speaking of "glorious" Ray Tracing. Check this shit out 🤣 Ray Tracing Ultra at 1440p. An over 65% FPS hit for something I either barely notice or don't notice at all. Honestly the only thing that sticks out is the reflections. I think I'll try turning off all the RT but reflections and see what happens.

B3iSaXT.png

Edited by Darc_Requiem
7 hours ago, RSG3 said:

You're seeing things, CP2077 doesn't support Ray Trace Reflections on any platform. 

Unless I heard the Digital Foundry video wrong. 

Cyberpunk doesn't support Ray Traced Reflections on console. IIRC consoles only support Ray Traced Shadows and Ray Traced Local Shadows. On PC there are multiple RT settings with RT Reflections being one of them.

890-m7n6ib5y4t34568n67m9780-980mo8ni6bj7

• 6 months later...

So the latest patch dropped today apparently. 1.6, the bigger news was the talk about the upcoming expansion "Phantom Liberty" and offical mod support via REDmod. Which is only for current gen and PC. Last gen isn't getting the expansion. Although they'll still do smaller patches for stability post 1.6 on last gen. As far as major updates in the future, there doesn't seem to be any other expansions, but their a style major updates plan. There long awaiting overhaul of the Police system and revamped vehicle to vehicle combat are the two that come to mind. The former being the most important IMO.

https://www.cyberpunk.net/en/news/45280/edgerunners-update-patch-1-6-list-of-changes

Edited by Darc_Requiem
33 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

Between 1.6 changes and official mod support it sounds like this game might be worth playing again. 

I think it's in a good spot, especially for the price it sells at now. Would be worth it to anyone interested now imo. I wouldn't blame anyone who has waited this long for just wasting till the expansion is out tho. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...