Stage Select

Wake up Samurai: the Cyberpunk 2077 thread

4 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Hmm....messing around with the character creator again after hitting Act 2. Does this character look like anyone? Trying to see if I got as close as I think.

Aaliyah2.thumb.GIF.b2ae53d120fad94ec747ec99073064e3.GIFAaliyah1.thumb.GIF.4c2fd8cb67be7baffef0e1332529d943.GIF

Ashley Williams from ME ? At least the hairstyle  part.

I'll get to play this later today,hopefully it runs good and not that full of bugs.

Edited by Skort
16 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

The melee combat is trash

The fuck you mean? I kick ass with a Katana. 
Melee here far better than other open world games where Guns are the Primary focus.

Spoiler

That Boss in the Mayhem Gang, in that Food processing Plant, the one with the Mech Suit and the One shot Kill Laser Beam.
Man I was sneaking up to the dude taking a few good swipes, then take off. Using Hit and run tactics, I killed that guy with mostly melee attacks.

16 hours ago, Angel said:

lol everyone except the dudes driving me around having these weirdo cac accents

Can you Humor a dude who lives mostly on the East Coast what a CAC Accent is? 

7 hours ago, Skort said:

Ashley Williams from ME ? At least the hairstyle  part.

I'll get to play this later today,hopefully it runs good and not that full of bugs.

Nah, I need to go back to the drawing board then. I couldn't settle on the right eyebrow and eye combination. Seems I should have used a slightly darker shade of skin too. That said Ashley isn't that dark, has a different nose and eye shape. Plus ME1 Ashley kept her hair up, because she didn't want it getting in the way in a fire fight. Oh you must mean that bullshit ME3 Ashley that went through Miranda's closet. The real Ashley Williams wears minimal make up. She flat out tells you that thigh high boots and miniskirts aren't her thing. She's a tomboy space marine. Then Trash Effect 3 shows and screws her up like damn near everything else. Despite being very different characters, Kaiden Alenko and Ashley Williams practically have the same damn dialogue.....and I see I've gone full dime. Sorry for the rant. ME3 is on my permanent shit list. My bad. :tldr:

Edited by Darc_Requiem
1 hour ago, DarkSakul said:

The fuck you mean? I kick ass with a Katana. 
Melee here far better than other open world games where Guns are the Primary focus.

I don't know what open world games you play but melee combat in the ones I play tend to have serviceable melee. Sleeping Dogs, Arkham games, Spider-Man, Mad Maxx, BotW and even Ass Greed got better melee than what this game provides. It should have stuck with the guns.

Melee in this is about what I would expect.  I will say that it's WAY more effective than handguns vs early game mooks.

Looking ahead, melee should get more interesting once you really start stacking gear, cyberware, and perks.

I'm happy with the number of skill and background personalized dialogue options, whether or not they actually change much plot (can't tell yet).

Also liking the alternative paths available for completing missions.  Ended up having the early job to procure the flathead go almost the polar opposite of the way they played it in the demo video.

1 hour ago, Reticently said:

Melee in this is about what I would expect.  I will say that it's WAY more effective than handguns vs early game mooks.l

I was wondering what the deal was with melee. Some of the grunts holding swords and clubs are complete bullet sponges way harder to kill than their gun wielding equivalents. Ran into a guy holding a hammer and he took like 3 pumps to the face at point blank from a shotgun. Haven’t used melee myself yet since I’m not really interested in it. 

I will say that I’m enjoying the game but as an RPG so far I find it kind of lacking. Only ran into a couple meaningful dialogue trees, V himself has a very set personality/story. Only role playing it really feels like I’m doing is picking what gun I mow down mfs with.  Feels more like future GTA than anything. 

If someone asks me about my fav RPG I’m still saying New Vegas.

4 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

I don't know what open world games you play but melee combat in the ones I play tend to have serviceable melee. Sleeping Dogs, Arkham games, Spider-Man, Mad Maxx, BotW and even Ass Greed got better melee than what this game provides. It should have stuck with the guns.

None of those are First Person. 

Does anyone know what's in today's PS4 1.04 update?

On 12/10/2020 at 10:08 PM, Hawkingbird said:

This is the best ad I've seen 

Untitled.png

Took a screenshot of that too, LOL!!!

But yeah, I'm starting to get a little overwhelmed.

I'm still in the early game, just got 3 main storyline leads and cap load of side quests from text messages.

I just need some direction on what to do!!

11 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

Weak arguments, CP2077 is a 1st person RPG all the others are 3rd person action games. Akrham, Spider-man and BotW shouldn't even been compared, its apple to oranges. 

Ass Cred? you kidding right? Ass Cred got some awful combat. Sleeping Dogs is a Walmart Great Value GTA. 

The original game has Melee so 2077 has melee. 

6 hours ago, Reticently said:

Would have thought installing new hardware in my eyes would involve a trip to the doctor

Wouldn't that be something you have to see a doctor for anyways ?

15 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

Yeah I don’t remember that NPCs name but she’s definitely my favorite look that I’ve seen so far.

Game looks nice, runs good. No bugs so far for me. 

I play on PC. How does it run and look for you guys that play on consoles ? I heard many have issues. But then again,  i also seen people with higher PC specs than mine that have tons of issues.

I don't so far, no clipping, no weird textures and so on. Runs ok, i am enjoying this so far.

28 minutes ago, Skort said:

Game looks nice, runs good. No bugs so far for me. 

I play on PC. How does it run and look for you guys that play on consoles ? I heard many have issues. But then again,  i also seen people with higher PC specs than mine that have tons of issues.

I don't so far, no clipping, no weird textures and so on. Runs ok, i am enjoying this so far.

I play on PC too. Worst bug I get is plant textures rendering at that wrong times. It’s mostly harmless but sometimes there’s so many popping in and out on my screen that I can’t see where I’m going. After that a common one I get is not being able to run after my car hits an invisible wall, but that fixes itself if you pull out a weapon lol. Also have seen cars stuck in the ground and sometimes dialogue doesn’t let me pick options, but that’s rare.

Performance wise my experience has been pretty good, and the bugs I’ve seen are what I’d expect to see buying a big game like this at launch. Nothing game breaking or causing crashes for me. 

Edit: I did run into one bug that prevented me from progressing till I reloaded. Had to get into building through a window and every time I tried to go in I got throw like 200m away  in the opposite direction. 

Edited by Vhozite

Just got my first couple smart guns and they’re pretty great...basically just like Soldier 76 tactical visor. Just aim in someone’s general direction and the bullets will home in if they’re in your box and visible. Works with the scans/quick hacking too, so if you have a guy that’s highlighted by something like Ping you can shoot away from him a bit to hit him behind cover even without LoS. You can also use the auto aim to shoot grenades out of the air. 

Between that and using a techie sniper to shoot people through cover my “build” so far has been based on killing people from complete safety. 

Unrelated: what does breach protocol actually do?

5 minutes ago, Reticently said:

My playthrough I double crossed Stout, made friends with the gang, and Stout ended up getting taken out by her corporate rival.

I teamed with Stout but i hacked her cred chit and removed the virus. Kept the money, blew Royce' s head off, had no boss fight and Stout liked my work. She texted me later and we did a hook up at the No-Tell Motel. She's as hard as she looks. 

1 hour ago, RSG3 said:

I teamed with Stout but i hacked her cred chit and removed the virus. Kept the money, blew Royce' s head off, had no boss fight and Stout liked my work. She texted me later and we did a hook up at the No-Tell Motel. She's as hard as she looks. 

I teamed with Stout, hacked her cred chip, paid Royce with it, tipped Royce off that Militech was on to them, then helped the gang fight off the Corp, ran into the exec who was her hostage, and he forgave me for attacking the Corp forces because my double cross helped him oust Stout.

20 minutes ago, Reticently said:

I teamed with Stout, hacked her cred chip, paid Royce with it, tipped Royce off that Militech was on to them, then helped the gang fight off the Corp, ran into the exec who was her hostage, and he forgave me for attacking the Corp forces because my double cross helped him oust Stout.

This is what I did. Tbh I had no idea what was happening but I just did whatever I thought was best for my character, betrayal be damned 🤣

Main NPCs I fuck with (not literally) are Panam and Delman (the taxi AI...he’s a real one). Can’t say I like any of the Fixers yet. 

Edit: Did y’all know if you hold down the “call vehicle” button you can pick which one you call? Apparently I own a car and two bikes. 

Edited by Vhozite

haha, yeah That Ass was the first thing I noticed about T-Bug.  That cute little ass could get this spanking anytime.

I finally got time to play some more... I found a random spot with a little group of hostiles...heh, another chance to go to work with some hacking skills.  I distracted one of the dudes with some device that was on a wall; I did a non-lethal takedown on him but his crew saw it and started shooting... I got some quick-hacks going on 1 or 2 of them but mostly wore them down with pistol shots.  I picked up the (apparently?) knocked out guy and dumped his body in the trunk of my car and drove off.  Hahah that dude's body is still there and has been for quite some time... I was thinking he might wake up but so far...nope.  I'm off to do the next part in the main storyline mission where I meet with Jackie on the way to a gang to get a spider-bot.  At one point I did stop to get out and check if the noise I heard was perhaps that dude in the trunk trying to get out but so far...no.  

I already met with the corpo bitch in secret as well... I'm really trying to get back in where I fit in with the corporations...don't care who I have to step on and double-cross to do it.  I'm a corpo asshole, through and through.

Edited by MillionX

About 10 hours in at this point. 

I feel the same way about this game as I did the witcher. I love the world, characters, sound, atmosphere, story, quests, etc. All that shit is top notch. It makes me want to live in the world they created. Sign my ass up to live in 2077 Night City. 

But fuck the gameplay is meh. Even on very hard the battles are whatever. The stealth is janky. Still having a blast living in the world and I'll def end up finishing the game, but jesus the gameplay is bland.

Shooting feels a bit off but then again how does one enjoy a shooter after finishing Doom Eternal a few times, that game has weapons that feel so beefy. 

Enemies are a bit of a bullet sponge as well in Cyber and can get really dumb when i land like 5 headshots and a dude still does not die ( yes yes i know the leveling system but still ). 

Having that said, the city is indeed fantastic and characters are ok.It's insane how many areas you can actually enter and climb rooftops,found tons of gear just by randomly exploring stuff. I am enjoying the game so far. 

PS : the bugs i encountered so far, NPCS do not spawn at times in said area that's needed to progress, lip sync non existent at times, NPCS walk through other objects. Hopefully it's fixed in a patch rather soon.