Stage Select

Wake up Samurai: the Cyberpunk 2077 thread

ha, y'know...there's not really a reason to actually buy vehicles in this game.  I keep finding vehicles I can just steal from the various gang members I kill.  Oddly enough I found a police car a little while ago... unfortunately it got hung up on something so I couldn't actually drive off with it! 

Sheeeittt, that cash is best spent on other things like your gear/clothing.  I finally went shopping specifically to make my character look cool.  I'm most likely poverty status compared to others who have been focusing on the side missions more....currently sitting on 14,000 at level 10 (13 street cred)... 15 points on intelligence at the moment... quickhacking 7, Breach is level 5.

Also took down another cyberpsycho just now... this one was interesting... he had a strong rifle...and actually had enough sense to take cover, then ran off!  The chase was on... finally caught up with him in this abandoned area that looks like it is still under construction... he would make his last stand there, but of course he was no match for this power.  I blinded him a few times and used "weapon malfunction" hacks, then KOed him with melee.

Edited by MillionX

In case anyone didn’t know, you can get collateral kills in this game. Lined up two enemies with a sniper and killed both with one shot.

Also yeah buying cars is pointless. Game throws free vehicles at you and they are plenty to steal on the street. Go to any “crime in progress “ and there will be multiple vehicles around for you to steal after killing everyone. 

Also I really need to figure out what the deal is with the projectiles launch system. I’ve seen people saying it’s good but it’s insanely weak for me. Tried it out again last night and it did 180 damage...headshots with my sniper do roughly 30x that without the risk of blowing myself up. At this point I’m debating switching it out for the Monowire or Mantis Blades.

Edited by Vhozite

Only vehicle I bought was the motorbike from Wakako. So far I like the bikes a decent bit more then the cars and i wanted something different from Jackies bike. I think it was worth it, 22k Eddie's is easy money. 

Picked up the Rocket Arm Aug last night. I like it but I can't tell what it scales with so I have no idea what influences the damage output. I'm getting about 150 per which is weaker then most of my current guns, but still decent. What I like about is it blows people ilonto their asses. Like if I see someone coming from the left or right but wanna finish my current target first I rocket them onto their butt, kill my main target while the other guy is getting up. The splash damage on its pretty decent to, and it seems to have unlimited ammo. Can just fire it off endlessly. 

1 hour ago, Angel said:

oof, 150 is like early game dmg.  

I'm got a pistol that does 157 and it's still wackin fools with minimal effort so the 150 out of the Rocket Arm doesn't feel terribly weak, to me anyway. I am on normal currently so that could be a big impact on that as well. 

As I was saying I really prefer it for its utility then it's damage. Knocks people down like a shotgun , can do the same the crowd of goons. Has uses imo. 

The fuck is Ponpon and Pop Team Epic? A group?

Edited by RSG3
1 hour ago, RSG3 said:

I'm getting about 150 per which is weaker then most of my current guns, but still decent. What I like about is it blows people ilonto their asses. 

This is exactly how I use it because I cannot figure out how to get to do real damage. Still though that’s kind of boring...I want to blow people up with comically large explosions 

7 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

This is exactly how I use it because I cannot figure out how to get to do real damage. Still though that’s kind of boring...I want to blow people up with comically large explosions 

I mean its pretty comical in general, you have a rocket launcher in yoyr arm with unlimited ammo and it's a decent sized explosion.

But yea I wish I could figure out what it scales with so I can decide to pump the damage if I want to or not. It's basically what I turn to when i wanna knock someone down for a moment and don't want to equip a shotgun, or I have run out of Grenades. It's a great Nade Substitute imo. 

But yea need to figure out it's scaling to see if we can get some legitimate damage out it. It certainly looks like it should do more then it does. 

6 minutes ago, Angel said:

I'm over stroking these fools with 24k headshots but then again I am playing on the hardest difficulty

Yea the head shot bonuses can be nuts. My pistol does 157 baseline but with my head shot bonuses and crits it hits for like 3 to 400 damage per. Headshots is where the real damage is no doubt. Gotta anywhere else is almost a waste of a bullet lol. 

6 minutes ago, Angel said:

Yeah I am talking about this silly ass song that started playing

I'll have to check it out later when I'm not at work. I really like the games OST so far. 

Also anyone find crafting worth the effort? I'm a Nomad so I figured she would be a tinkerer and would be a crafter but I'm 20 hours in and while I have broken down ass loads of items I've only crafted like 2 or 3 items and they came out just ok. 

Also have yet to find a mission that gives me a car lol

Edited by RSG3

I don't know when I picked it up or how I missed it, but I just decrypted a shard out of my inventory that gave me a netrunning quickhack called Memory Wipe that drops the target out of the combat state.

Also using a green cyberdeck that I thought would be kind of crappy, but it lowers the ram cost of Covert quickhacks by one- so I'm doing a surprising amount of hacking without spending a single perk on it or boosting my Int at all.

@RSG3You need to go to the Afterlife and do stuff there iirc, get that part of the main story going so you can do missions with best girl Panam.    You get one of the best snipers in the game as far I am concerned and a motorcycle and what is probably the fastest car in the game all for free.    I have two bikes, and 3 cars, the buggati one from the tunnels I did panams mission and johnny's porsche 911

3 minutes ago, M A R T I A N said:

Wait, you don't have to store vehicles? You just hop in any vehicle and it becomes yours? 

655193616_tenor(2).gif.966da5e77bf8a84c342bc6689713b85c.gif

Nooooooooo. 

You only get to keep the cars you buy. There is no storage you just pull then up with the quick menu (Left D-Pad on PS4) and summon one of your cars. 

Stolen cars are temp rides. I dunno what its like on PC but most of my stolen rides disappear when I walk even a little distance away from them. It's why I bought a bike. I didn't want to go looking for one whenever I wanted wheels. 

Just now, RSG3 said:

Nooooooooo. 

You only get to keep the cars you buy. There is no storage you just pull then up with the quick menu (Left D-Pad on PS4) and summon one of your cars. 

Stolen cars are temp rides. I dunno what its like on PC but most of my stolen rides disappear when I walk even a little distance away from them. It's why I bought a bike. I didn't want to go looking for one whenever I wanted wheels. 

Gotcha. That makes more sense, lol. I didn't even know you could call multiples. 

More important question. Does your bike actually drive up solo and park in front of you like a regular car. Because I have to see this 

7 minutes ago, M A R T I A N said:

Gotcha. That makes more sense, lol. I didn't even know you could call multiples. 

Yea you can even summon multiple rides at a time lol. I accidently called the car when I wanted the bike so I called the bike to and it spawned under the car lol. 

8 minutes ago, M A R T I A N said:

More important question. Does your bike actually drive up solo and park in front of you like a regular car. Because I have to see this 

Not only does the bike ride up with no rider but the bike I bought from Wakako does it so fast when it stops it almost Endos every time lol. 

Yeah it would be nice for it to autopilot but given the way the actual destination markers be glitching you would probably end up looping around for all of eternity.  

Anyways you guys make sure you do that space oddity mission right after you complete the Playing for time mission.   It's located by the piez fast travel location in santo domingo/rancho coronado aka rancho cucamunga lol.   You apparently can sell the item you get from the mission for 4k and buy it back for 5 eddies XD

29 minutes ago, Reticently said:

Am I the only one vaguely bugged that the vehicles autopilot to you but once you're in them you have to manually steer every damn inch of the way?

No...but I actually like driving them. With that said an Auto Pilot option would be really nice and make a lot of sense. 

What i want, and they can even patch it in as an Aug, I don't care, but I want something that puts the GPS on the road and not just the map. A line on the road or turn arrows like Sleeping Dogs or something cuz I'm getting tired of glancing up at the radar map to see if my turn is coming up only to find I just past it and need to whip a U-Turn now. Where is the "Inside my eyes" GPS option man? 

Yeah, I would like to remain in first person while driving just for immersion but I find it a little hard to do so while watching the GPS. Suppose it's a little like real life in that way lol, but I find myself driving in Third person sometimes just for clarity. 

By the way, there's no option to turn off the annoying dark edges that appear on your screen when you crouch, huh? 

2 minutes ago, M A R T I A N said:

Yeah, I would like to remain in first person while driving just for immersion but I find it a little hard to do so while watching the GPS. Suppose it's a little like real life in that way lol, but I find myself driving in Third person sometimes just for clarity.

It would be nice if some of the cars didn't have dashboard so big you can't see out the front window. 

3 minutes ago, M A R T I A N said:

By the way, there's no option to turn off the annoying dark edges that appear on your screen when you crouch, huh? 

Not that I have found. It's to let you know you are crouched and in "hidden" status. I barely notice it, don't think I realized till like 10 hours in . 

1 hour ago, Reticently said:

Am I the only one vaguely bugged that the vehicles autopilot to you but once you're in them you have to manually steer every damn inch of the way?

I don’t mind driving the regular ones, but it bugs me that the Delamin taxis don’t drive themselves. I think at the end of his side quest you get one of his taxis no matter what yet none of them are autonomous. 

What annoys me more about driving is the the garbage ass GPS. Unless I already have a vague idea of where I’m going i miss my turns every time because I’m going 100 and the game doesn’t show your turn until you’re halfway in the intersection. 

In fact why are we using a trash minimap GPS at all? Why not just use a line on the road like every racing game made in the last 20 years? Justify it as cyberware overlay. 

10 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

In fact why are we using a trash minimap GPS at all? Why not just use a line on the road like every racing game made in the last 20 years? Justify it as cyberware overlay. 

Yea this is what I was saying the page before. I need GPS Cyberware in my eyes please. Road arrows for turns and shit. 

Whoever allowed you to do all that  shit with Judy while being gender locked out of certain options needs their ass whipped.   If that was the case I would have kept going with my original save where I sided with the other chick because the shit she was saying and doing actually made fucking sense.   Judy is a dumbass and so is whoever wrote that scenario lol

Jesus Christ I do the first Clair Quest race and whay does CDPR do? Put a line on the road so you know where to go...

Not that it matters I'm on a PS4 and drive faster then the game can render the line so I keep losing because I have to slow down and wait for the fucking route to render and by then all my speed is gone. Uhg. 

I'm only just starting the Judy Questline and I don't get the hype for her at all. She has a sexy voice and that's it. She's emotional and kind of dumb. 

Except you can't as male v, but you can waste your time going through her weirdo super invasive goofy ass "mission".    She hella dumb for what she did.    Panam is best girl, but you don't get the same options as male v as the female v gets with judy.    I hope they let you romance other ppl.   I liked the chick judy had a crush on more than judy, and she was a total tigeress.   They need more options that make sense for the other roles, like allowing you to romance that glass corpo chick with the jesus kid or the chick you save in the very beginning.   Or hell, even my man takakamura, sure a lot of ppl wanted to get some of that silver fox peen. 

Also some options to negotiate with ppl would be nice instead full on slaughtering them.   Like how I work with the police and then on another mission they jump me and I gotta slaughter a full regiment of these dickbags, then we go back to being cool lol

10 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Eeeeeeeeehhhhhhhh.....i guess. 

You are right though they wrote her to be kinda dumb towards the end with all that happens imo.   I don't understand why you go through the same shit as male v as you do as female v if they aren't ever going to hook up or anything.  It really doesn't make any sense.  

edit:  I guess I am gonna maxx out tech and get it so I can craft all the legendary weapons/stuff I want until I maxx them out and then respect into everything else afterwards so I can actually have the cool legendary implants that you need like 18 in body/int/or reflexes to use.   I want to use some of the Cool ability stuff like from stealth that increase crit chance/damage, or the coldblood one that just makes headshots do 50% more damage off rip,  but not sure what I will end up doing. 

Fuck...got a glitch where Sandra Dorsette appears in the video call window of anyone I call and she phases through them and shit. It's super annoying and reloading doesn't fix it and i didn't notice it till now and my auto save files don't go far back enough. Doesn't ruin the game but its super fucking annoying to look at. 

.what does ruin things a bit is Dorsette herself won't answer the fucking phone when I call her so her quest broken now. So is the shooting range quest in your apartment building. On two saves the timer pops but no targets and np count down so I'm stuck in there and have to reload. 

Hella unfortunate. Glad it's just two side quests and not a main thread but keeping my fingers crossed, knock on wood alk that bullshit. 

Edited by RSG3
3 hours ago, RSG3 said:

I'm only just starting the Judy Questline and I don't get the hype for her at all.

Yeah I don't see it either. She's not bad character or anything but I'm not seeing the allure. I'm also surprised that people are shocked that Male V can't hook up with her. They make it clear from the jump that she's into girls. The way she and Evelyn interacted made it clear to me that they were an item. 

3 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Yeah I don't see it either. She's not bad character or anything but I'm not seeing the allure. I'm also surprised that people are shocked that Male V can't hook up with her. They make it clear from the jump that she's into girls. The way she and Evelyn interacted made it clear to me that they were an item. 

And later when she talks about Meiko she says she had a crush on her. 

3 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

And later when she talks about Meiko she says she had a crush on her. 

Or when later in her quest line you get to read her email messages. There is a series of emails between Judy and Evelyn. Evelyn askes if Judy and Maiko are still together and is she still at Lizzies. She replies saying only one of those is still true. Evelyn asks where they can meet and Judy replies "Lizzies..."

Edited by Darc_Requiem

After all the shit she puts this V through especially with that weirdo last mission you would figure that Judy is bi or whatever.    Or you would figure that the romance options might not be gender locked.    

Anyways I fucked up trying to complete side missions and did one called sweet dreams, if you start it make sure you drop it immediately as there is a chance of it glitching and you losing ALL of your gear on your person. 

7 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

I finished the Delamain quest where his HQ goes to shit because his Rouge AI are tearing up the place. I have level 10 intelligence so I went with the third option. I have the feeling I turned uber into skynet.

Spoiler

Wait you mean the one where you merge all of them together? Yeah I picked that too and wondered if I started The Matrix timeline.

43 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:
  Hide contents

Wait you mean the one where you merge all of them together? Yeah I picked that too and wondered if I started The Matrix timeline.

Spoiler

Yea I merged them together.  Del seemed to pull an Amazo when I did.  At least I got a car out of it. 

43 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

Are there any other legs cyber ware besides the blue charge and double jump? Those are the only items that every ripper doc seems to carry...can’t find any other rarities or anything.

I been to a ripper doc that has four leg implants. I remember the highest costing one being 80k. It had bonus that made you silent while running.

10 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Yea I merged them together.  Del seemed to pull an Amazo when I did.  At least I got a car out of it. 

I been to a ripper doc that has four leg implants. I remember the highest costing one being 80k. It had bonus that made you silent while running.

This is one of the better online listings with locations, might not be complete, etc.

https://www.rpgsite.net/feature/10602-cyberpunk-2077-cyberware-list-best-cyberware-and-where-to-get-legendary-cyberware