Stage Select

Wake up Samurai: the Cyberpunk 2077 thread

I don't know if i am the first one to say this here but i shall say it regardless.

The wanted system in this game is an absolute joke. Cops literally spawn near you,even when you are in-doors and when you run away from them like few meters around the corner and wait what seems to be less than 10 seconds they forget everything.

C'mon now though, that's just lazy scripting. Naturally you would compare this to GTA but fuck me, even in GTA 3 a game from 2001 i think it was done better. 

The traffic AI is beyond dumb. Come on man,if you stop in front of a car, they all just stand there, not going around, not honking of the horns,nothing. Leaving out things like this in what's supposed to be a city with people doing their own thing is just ...well...bad. The AI in this game is overall bad.

The game is beautiful and there is loads to do and have fun with but it's incredibly rough in some departments if you start looking.  They need to address a lot of stuff with future patches imo.

Edited by Skort
15 minutes ago, Skort said:

even in GTA 3 a game from 2001 i think it was done better. 

In a lot of ways this game is cyber GTA 3 with much better titty graphics.

That said, traffic and the wanted system are at least low hanging fruit for improvement in a future patch.  At least force cops to spawn at some distance out of your line of sight to preserve the sense of immersion.

20 minutes ago, Reticently said:

At least force cops to spawn at some distance out of your line of sight to preserve the sense of immersion.

This is my biggest issue. It would be bad, but at least serviceable if they spawned like 50-100m away. But the fact they they spawn literally right behind you is beyond dumb. How low effort can you possibly get? Like Skort said we had better cops in games made almost 20 years ago.

Also since we are complaining, I have to admit that I find Cyberware and character customization very underwhelming. It feels like half the NPCs on the street look cooler than me. 

Edited by Vhozite

Yea the people in the city are something of a house of cards. It's looks amazing but the moment you poke it it kinda just starts to fall apart. Shoot a gun and people crouch forever. Park in the road and traffic just backs up forever, and yes the cops are frankly depressing. They spawn right behind you and murk you in 3 seconds. 

Also the wanted system itself is hella confusing. Like there are multiple stars but the stars also have different sizes and will grow in size but there seems to be no rhyme or reason to it. Sometimes I get one small star and sometimes 3 full big ass ones for basically the same crimes. Shits so random. 

It's kinda confusing to look at the state of the cops and MaxTack and then remember that the original premise for this game was being a MaxTack Officer hunting down CyberPsychos. Like this was your focus at one point and it seems like you just ignored it once you shifted gears. Really weird. 

I was pissed last night when I was just trying to dick with my phone outside my apartment and the two cops perpetually arresting that one poor dude in the hallway got HELLA pissed the fuck off at me...for standing too close. 

I tried running away but you can't use the elevators as they get shut down when a "crime" is in progress and it was one of the few times where rounding a corner didn't de-aggro the cops so I was stuck. Couldn't jump down, couldn't use the elevator, shooting the cops spawned more cops. My only option was to die or reload. That's not good. 

I am having a lot of fun with the game but its issues are beginning to grind a bit. My problem with Susan Doresette and the Phone is really starting to drive me nuts. I don't even look at the chat window when on the phone anymore and despite Susan showing up in EVERYONE else's phone calls she refuses to answer the phone when I call her. Fucking aggravating. 

Edited by RSG3

Not a Cyberpunk specific problem, but have you ever tried a mission that's danger level "Very High"?

I mean, it's not that hard to come up with a winning strategy. But when you find that it's taking more than 10 sniper rifle headshots to drop even the most basic enemy, and you have to stop to craft more ammo in the middle of the fire fight, it's a little immersion breaking.

Like, if they want to lock me out of content just don't have the fixer offer me jobs I'm not remotely qualified for based on my level.

Heh, I had some guys that were regular old schlubs from, the Tino's that were practically one shooting me with basic ass pistols from a building away because they were like I suppose level 35 enemies and I was only 26.   I was only able to merk them due to me having that overwatch sniper and shooting through cover and doing stupid high dmg with my head shots.   Even with them taking vastly reduced dmg it was still enough to clear em out.     I knew this game was borked when I did one mission to find some stuff in a house and this rando lady was some sort of boss fight with her shot gun and knife combo that each basically one shot me.   Luckily the mission didn't require killing her and her boss health bar so I just dipped the fuck out on her XD

Yup I feel the same way.    I thought hey I can craft all these items but now I can't even use the higher level cyberware besides the crafting tree all my other stuff has been spread out just to be able to do basic stuff.

Like its 4 different criterias you have to meet at times, level, attributes, money, and then street cred.  It really is a bit much which is why I had no problem cheesing the money glitches.   Like some of these mods are only like 3k but I can't use them because I don't have an 18 in body or some other bullshit.  Meanwhile other mods are like 100k lol shit is all over the place.

There needs to be more tattoos that bypass the need for these things imo at the very least

1 hour ago, Angel said:

Yeah that is why I CONSTANTLY save so I don't get stuck with shit like that.  

Yea I need to save a lot more then I do. I honestly just fucking forget. Auto Save has made me lazy. 

On the subject of character builds (tho not really just cosmetic) it's kinda baffling there isn't one single barber in all of Night City man. 

Interesting. In playing a Female V and I do like her voice. Havent tried Male V yet. 

Anyway can someone do me a solid and show me where the Peralzes apartment is? My quest glitches and won't track the next segment after sneaking into the Red Queens Race. Keeps leading me back to the club. If someone could take a screen shot of where their apartment is or something that would be cool. 

I'll look online to. At worst just find a video the quest and follow it. 

Kinda getting to the point where I want to out it down till January. More and more of my quests keep breaking. 

Edit: Fuckin never mind. You can switch it manually in the Journal. Shoulda tried that first. 

Edited by RSG3

Most annoying thing about this game is the fact that I can't just exit out of convos.   Like how is that not an option?   This is basic shit for a game and its not here.    Same with canceling a lot of stuff.  Like when I accidentally some how put a person in a choke and I couldn't release it.      Almost as annoying as the super shitty melee combat with the enemy hitting you with their EXTRA slow attacks because they managed to autocorrect mid flight and hit you with their extra range that makes zero sense lol.    Just goofy shit but bad melee is something I came in expecting so at the very least that wasn't a total shock

5 hours ago, RSG3 said:

I let Johnny talk to Rogue...we've been fucking around all night and still haven't talked to Rogue...

I think I made a mistake lmao. 

I did too....

Spoiler

Dude get's hammered. Hooks up with some chick after beating her in drinking contest. Gets hammered again, flirts with a stripper, fights with security at the strip club, fingers said stripper while she's driving causing them to crash, gets a tattoo on V's body, and then V wakes up with Rogue sitting there. And, if you ask Rogue if she hooked up with Johnny, she says no he was too drunk. In other words they would have if he wasn't completely trashed. This fucking game man. God I wish they would have pushed it back 6 months and polished it. Cyberpunk has generation game beneath all the bugs and crashes.

🤣🤣🤣

Edited by Darc_Requiem

Gotta love the sudden turnabout you see from people about CDPR over the internet.

In fact, you can now see people saying The Witcher 3 was really shit all along.

It's a shame, 'cuz the game beneath all the bugs and when it's not running on last gen consoles is clearly pretty good.

Then again CDPR had the time and the opportunities to make the game work on PS4. Someone in higher management clearly fucked up big time.

1 hour ago, Phantom_Miria said:

Gotta love the sudden turnabout you see from people about CDPR over the internet.

In fact, you can now see people saying The Witcher 3 was really shit all along.

It's a shame, 'cuz the game beneath all the bugs and when it's not running on last gen consoles is clearly pretty good.

Then again CDPR had the time and the opportunities to make the game work on PS4. Someone in higher management clearly fucked up big time.

Had they cut the PS4 and Xbone versions of the game it would have saved them a lot of grief.

1 hour ago, Hawkingbird said:

Had they cut the PS4 and Xbone versions of the game it would have saved them a lot of grief.

True, but I guess they didn't want to give up on the 160 million potential buyers who own an old gen console, especially since the user base for the new consoles is small at the moment.

They were going for the big bucks and they weren't going to make those big bucks without old consoles.

Edited by Phantom_Miria
2 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

I don't think that was ever gonna be an option considering the game was set to release before the PS5 and XSX were even revealed. I feel like that would've as big a shitshow. They honestly should've just delayed the game til like, Spring of 2021. They should've kept the "Coming when it's ready" mantra from earlier promos lol.

Edited by KimuraLOX
5 hours ago, RSG3 said:

What's with this trend in games recently where they make the screen go full white when you exit a dark tunnel?

No please blind the fucking shit out me so I can't see. That's fucking fantastic. 

From my knowledge is a trick to allow the game engine to load the map ahead of your view so it renders in time.

Same as long elevator rides in most games as well as low fov.

15 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

Finally upgraded my characters CPU or whatever it’s called and it’s completely broken quick hacking. I can make NPCs pass out or even commit suicide just by hacking them. I can also force them to come to me, stop them from moving, or glitch their weapon. 

I can clear areas without even pulling out a weapon now. 

How do you notice when you make their weapon glitch ? 

I just assumed it's what happens usually in this game.

CDPR the devs of The Witcher and The Glitcher.

Edited by Skort
40 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

Finally upgraded my characters CPU or whatever it’s called and it’s completely broken quick hacking. I can make NPCs pass out or even commit suicide just by hacking them. I can also force them to come to me, stop them from moving, or glitch their weapon. 

I can clear areas without even pulling out a weapon now. 

Yeah I'm playing 2 V's right now. My second V almost never fires her weapon. She just stealths most missions and quick hacks dudes from afar. It's even more broken than you think. Not sure if you are aware but you can take over the camera's and quick hack enemies through them. I took out a whole warehouse full of Maelstrom without moving. Just cooked their brains through their own security system 🤣

Edited by Darc_Requiem
6 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Yeah I'm playing 2 V's right now. My second V almost never fires her weapon. She just stealths most missions and quick hacks dudes from afar. It's even more broken than you think. Not sure if you are aware but you can take over the camera's and quick hack enemies through them. I took out a whole warehouse full of Maelstrom without moving. Just cooked their brains their own security system 🤣

Lol exactly. Stealth is broken in every game but it’s extra dumb is 2077 because you can clear entire areas from the roof or from so janitors closet in the basement. Outside of boss fights my character is never in any danger. 

I don’t mind being a sneaky tech god but I do wish I could use the tools given to me and still preserve some tension or challenge. Enemy groups need more netrunners or some kind of defense or alert against quick hacking. 

2 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

Lol exactly. Stealth is broken in every game but it’s extra dumb is 2077 because you can clear entire areas from the roof or from so janitors closet in the basement. Outside of boss fights my character is never in any danger. 

I don’t mind being a sneaky tech god but I do wish I could use the tools given to me and still preserve some tension or challenge. Enemy groups need more netrunners or some kind of defense or alert against quick hacking. 

I'm playing on Normal. I wonder if things are different on higher difficulty levels.

I understand people are upset and rightfully so, but at the same time I think people are going overboard with it at this point and the hypocracy of it is kinda starting to piss me off. 

If this game said Bethesda on boot up instead of CDPR it would have gotten GOTY. Bethesda games always launch in this kind of state and Beth never even bothers to fix it either. Here we are 10 years later and people still buy Skyrim and it still has those fucking Day 1, 10 year old fucking bugs in it and no one says shit. How is Fallout 76 still in the PS Store when it's still a barely functioning piece of shit?

Gets under my skin man. 

Edited by RSG3
3 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

I understand people are upset and rightfully so, but at the same time I think people are going overboard with it at this point and the hypocracy of it is kinda starting to piss me off. 

If this game said Bethesda on boot up instead of CDPR it would have gotten GOTY. Bethesda games always launch in this kind of state and Beth never even bothers to fix it either. Here we are 10 years later and people still buy Skyrim and it still has those fucking Day 1, 10 year old fucking bugs in it and no one says shit. How is Fallout 76 still in the PS Store when it's still a barely functioning piece of shit?

Gets under my skin man. 

It's 2020. Folks have to find something to complain about and honestly playing the game on my rig for a few hours with barely any issues or crashes i think it's a great game. Not saying that CDPR should be excused but folks have to blow something up for this year to finish off.

30 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I'm playing on Normal. I wonder if things are different on higher difficulty levels.

I play on Hard. Could go up to very hard but I suspect that won’t do much besides make enemies bullet sponges. 

Admittedly enemies do slightly better in open combat, so really I think the brokenness comes from how bad enemies are at detecting you. Even when they find a body they don’t really do much when on alert...they just sorta skulk around in their general area instead of actually looking for you. 

10 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Gets under my skin man. 

Bethesda is the worst. Fallout 76 was so bad because it is online only. Fans always fix their shit for them. I got Skyrim for $5 on Steam a few years ago. I shit you not, I spent more time hunting down and installing fan mods than I did actually playing the game.

6 minutes ago, Skort said:

A valid point but I was like in some back alley with a few others around.

PS  : unrelated  but I found out that if you fall off a building or any platform by running and sliding you take zero fall damage. Nice way to bypass some areas.

Did the other NPCs go on alert? I’ve noticed that even suppressed weapons make noise NPCs will hear if you shoot to close to them (and don’t kill them ofc). Overwatch is suppressed but mfs will definitely still hear you shoot someone in the next room over 🤣

3 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

I play on Hard. Could go up to very hard but I suspect that won’t do much besides make enemies bullet sponges. 

Admittedly enemies do slightly better in open combat, so really I think the brokenness comes from how bad enemies are at detecting you. Even when they find a body they don’t really do much when on alert...they just sorta skulk around in their general area instead of actually looking for you. 

Enemies don't enter combat mode unless they physically see you. They basically go on "yellow alert" when they find a body. Body detection is sorta bugged anyway IMO. I've had enemies detect a body that I stuffed in a dumpster and I have line of sight that shows me they have gone nowhere near it.

7 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Bethesda is the worst. Fallout 76 was so bad because it is online only. Fans always fix their shit for them. I got Skyrim for $5 on Steam a few years ago. I shit you not, I spent more time hunting down and installing fan mods than I did actually playing the game.

Oh no i believe you because ive done the same. Ive tried Skyrim and Oblivion and such. Spent more time on finding mods to broken shit and installing them then I did playing the game. Would have to stop playing to go find a fix for some new bug constantly. 

Fallout on PS3 hard locks my PlayStation within half an hour, reliably. That's literally unplyable but I bet that bullshit is still on the PS Store. People sing F3s praises pretty regularly but I can barely get out of the fucking vault on Console. 

Fallout 4 wasn't as bad but it still has a ton of bugs that showed their head every single time I played it, on top of what a disaster it's performance becomes if you spend any kind of time actually building a decent amount of shit in your little town.  I played like a year or 2 after launch and all that shit is still there. They never fixed it. They won't ever fix it. 

Edited by RSG3
26 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Gets under my skin man. 

There is no denying that the game needed more development time let's face the facts but I do agree people are going crazy.

Devs made mistakes but also people who hyped themselves in thinking this game will be a perfect product. That would had never been the case.

But it's 2020 and it's cool to hate,so they do it.

11 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Yea deffinitly needed more time to cook, no denying that. 

I just hope people still have this energy for Beth's next game release. 

With the success of Elder Scrolls online I question how long do we have to wait for a new single player title tbh.

Same goes for GTA 5 online.That thing is still printing money and I honestly feel it's a reason why 6 still hasn't been at least teased.

nah, it seemed like Bethesda finally got backlash they deserve after the mess that is Fallout 76.  Their reputation is pure garbage at this point...a lot of gamers seemed to finally stop giving them a pass..Fortunately I never spent 1 cent on F76; it doesn't really grab me; I gave it a chance on ...I think it was part 3 or 4 at a friend's house years ago....just couldn't get into it.  I am more of an Elder Scrolls fan...or at least Skyrim-era TES anyway.  ESO is surprisingly a working, functioning game; I haven't experienced any problems with it (*If I recall, this is because it isn't actually developed by Bethesda; they only published it....haha, figures that the one that works pretty much fine was made by Zenimax instead [which owns Beth.].)

oh----haha, it still shocks the hell out of me that at least 2 people I know that actually bought F76. 🤣  I should've made a note for myself about whether or not that was full price those guys paid for it...that would be even more hilarious.  Anyway, yeah---even though I didn't have interest in Fallout... seeing what happened with 76 ultimately killed any hopes I had about TES VI.

yeah, hacking is gold; good to see others realizing the insane power at your disposal if you go that route.  I'm in the same boat---I don't even have to engage in actual firefights or melee if I don't want to...just hack hack hack at a safe distance....and oddly enough there's a satisfying thing about that.  By the time those fools realize what's up, it's already too late for them....and boom suddenly a whole warehouse of enemies are dead from my quickhack shenanigans...and I never had to fire even 1 bullet unless I wanted to.  Enemy netrunners are indeed a problem though... it would be more challenging if I was running into an increased number of those people as a countermeasure.  I'm still early game but I've only run into 1 area that had multiple netrunners to worry about.

edit--there is that 1 perk that instantly reveals the position of an enemy netrunner trying to hack you, so that puts things right back in favor of V.  I got that perk recently.

Edited by MillionX