Stage Select

Wake up Samurai: the Cyberpunk 2077 thread

2 hours ago, RSG3 said:

If this game said Bethesda on boot up instead of CDPR it would have gotten GOTY

You're right. But I think of it like this:

If you go to some shitty gas station and get the sushi, you aren't surprised when it weirdly tastes like peanut butter and you spend that evening blowing it out of both ends. 

If you go to a restaurant that you've gotten sushi from and enjoyed without issue, and you get sick, you're outraged. 

But I think Bethesda's days of putting out broken messes is starting to come to an end. Hopefully. 

18 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

You're right. But I think of it like this:

If you go to some shitty gas station and get the sushi, you aren't surprised when it weirdly tastes like peanut butter and you spend that evening blowing it out of both ends. 

If you go to a restaurant that you've gotten sushi from and enjoyed without issue, and you get sick, you're outraged. 

But I think Bethesda's days of putting out broken messes is starting to come to an end. Hopefully. 

If I get Sushi from anywhere and I get sick from it I am going to be pissed off regardless. This is entirely the problem. Gas Station sushi shouldn't taste like peanut butter and blow out your asshole. If it does you need to complain, not shrug your shoulder and accept it. It made you sick. Why would you accept that?

The problem is these dudes regularly dine on gas station sushi and don't say shit, then one time things go bad at a good restaurant and they flood their yelp reviews with shitty reviews about how the resturant was never good to begin with and people will accept shit because fanboy/sheeple/whatever while again stuffing their faces with gas station sushi like it's not as bad as the one fuck up they are all crying over right now.

My entire issue is the hypocracy of it. They accept dog shit with a smile and an Oliver Twist "May I have some more please" but then turn around and slander someone's entire catalogue of work because of 1 fuck up. The heat for this shit isn't spread evenly or with objectivity across developers. Fallout 76 is still on the PSStore. I just had to tell  my brother to refund Anthem because it's crap yet it's still in the store for people to buy and piss their money away on. Games these companies do very little to fix and don't communicate with communities about them well at all. 2 days after launch CDPR had a patch roadmap to fix the problems they openly shared with their community and yet they are being dog piled on hard. It's in a bad state no doubt but Cyberpunk is playable on pretty much all platforms depending on your patience levels. Fallout 76 didn't work at all out of the box and has barely improved since then and yet it's still in the store for people to buy. Cyberpunk only got removed because of PR. Not because it's so bad it should be removed. 

That is my issue. 

And Bethesda will never stop making bug riddled garbage because why would they when their gullible community fixed all their fuck ups for them? Bethesda is never held accountable for their bullshit and everyone let's it's slide like it's no big deal. 

Why take the time to build a good reputation if it can be completely trashed over one bad launch? Might as well just put out bullshit and lower the bar of expectation so people just go "Yea well it's Bethesda *proceeds to buy anyway*" when they release a new game. It's fucking stupid and I have a hard time taking people really seriously on this when they apply their standards so fucking arbitrarily

Edited by RSG3
26 minutes ago, Skort said:

So i was walking around Night City a bit and heard this guitar tune. Wanted to see where it's coming from.

You can say the NPC was air guitaring but i think the guitar model just didn't spawn lmao. 

https://streamable.com/o67g5h

I was walking through Night City and stumbled on a guitar player and V and Johnny had a whole conversation about him. Was cool. Not even in a quest and Johnny can show his face and make comment. 

Just now, RSG3 said:

I was walking through Night City and stumbled on a guitar player and V and Johnny had a whole conversation about him. Was cool. Not even in a quest and Johnny can show his face and make comment. 

Had that as well,where he says that the tune is off but it's the heart that he puts in the song that matters. Or something similar.

1 hour ago, RSG3 said:

I was walking through Night City and stumbled on a guitar player and V and Johnny had a whole conversation about him. Was cool. Not even in a quest and Johnny can show his face and make comment

Am I misremembering, or doesn't that start the side quest to get the Samurai bootleg recordings?  

1 hour ago, Reticently said:

Am I misremembering, or doesn't that start the side quest to get the Samurai bootleg recordings?  

Maybe? The way you can just stop doing a quest and do another one, or even stumble onto a new quest in the middle of another, could easily have started that quest without me really realizing it. I've started 3 or 4 quests just by shooting the shit with people while walking around lol. Quests are fucking everywhere. 

Edit: I find Johnny being able to interact with the world kind of weird. When he grabs the bucket to sit on shocked me in the moment, and just now in Judy's apartment he walked through one of those silly strand curtains in the doorway and it moved. 

Weird for a "Ghost."

Edited by RSG3
20 hours ago, RSG3 said:

I let Johnny talk to Rogue...we've been fucking around all night and still haven't talked to Rogue...

I think I made a mistake lmao. 

I did that sh@# too.

They got Keanu playing a damn fool in this game!!

🤣

But these damn bugs and glitches are getting on my nerves!!

And I'm playing on a PC that meets the requirements...

The worst one I had today, was a phone call with two characters blending in together!!

Oh OK, so they can show you an in-world path on the street during races but not for regular GPS navigation? 

200.gif.51c3f6e61b8f4e63f943047d1805492e.gif

I also love the immediate pop off right when a race starts. Rubber hasn't even screeched yet and these dudes are already lighting each other the fuck up. Look over and the girl in the passenger seat is already sitting on the windowsill shooting back lmao. 

Claire is rad. 

33 minutes ago, M A R T I A N said:

Oh OK, so they can show you an in-world path on the street during races but not for regular GPS navigation? 

200.gif.51c3f6e61b8f4e63f943047d1805492e.gif

I also love the immediate pop off right when a race starts. Rubber hasn't even screeched yet and these dudes are already lighting each other the fuck up. Look over and the girl in the passenger seat is already sitting on the windowsill shooting back lmao. 

Claire is rad. 

Lol you must have missed my post about the races. 

1 hour ago, Hawkingbird said:

I just had two of the easy chber psycho fights. The first was a net runner who got stuck in the environment and let me beat the shit out of her. 

Bosses getting stuck on the environment is reallyyy common...happened to me in at least 3 different boss fights. Tbh I was happy when it happened to Aida because he was kicking my ass without breaking a sweat. 

1 hour ago, Hawkingbird said:

The second was a guy in a mech and used a bunch of quick hacks to take him out from a nearby rooftop. 

That guy in the Badlands? I had to camp him from a roof too because he OKHO’ed me the first time I saw him. 🤣

Unrelated very minor spoilers

Spoiler

I like Johnny’s Porsche but it feels kinda like product placement. Pretty sure Porsche is the only real life brand name I’ve seen for anything in this game. And naturally it has amazing handling...

Edited by Vhozite
35 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

That guy in the Badlands? I had to camp him from a roof too because he OKHO’ed me the first time I saw him

It wasn't the badlands. It was a construction site in Rancho. I encountered two psychos in the badlands so far. A sniper in a tower and some paranoid asshole who turned his house into a death trap. 

Every car I got in the badlands handles like shit. It feels like I'm driving on ice.

38 minutes ago, Angel said:

So who has installed the update?   Anyone know what it changed, nerfed/fixed?

Didn't know there was one but considering the game just crashed during the GOD DAMN ENDING CREDITS...i will download it now and pray to God it's primarily a crash fix cuz fuck man...

Anyone know if there are post credit scenes?

https://realsport101.com/cyberpunk-2077/cyberpunk-2077-update-105-release-date-patch-notes-delay-hotifx-bugs-fixes-ps-store-refund/

I found this list of patch notes. Ton of bug fixes. 

It lists crash fixes for console so i cross my fingers and hope to fucking god that issue is handled. 

Edited by RSG3

I’ve enjoyed the game, but I think boredom is starting slowly starting to set in. Last couple days I’ve played the game and I haven’t really been eager to do anything in the game. 

It feels like something is missing and idk what it is. The quests are good, but I feel like a lot of the stuff surrounding them isn’t. It feels like my character isn’t much more than a super errand boy for other NPCs with actual lives.  

Edited by Vhozite
10 minutes ago, Phantom_Miria said:

Alas for my female V I hear she's neither lesbian nor bi. 😢

Can confirm. Was driving me nuts cuz she flirty as fuck but she won't let me hit!!!

1 hour ago, misterBee said:

All the news and info about this game makes me think I'll just play Deus Ex: Mankind Divided instead.  Not excited for this game at all anymore.

Mankind Divided is awesome, play that and come back to Cyberpunk in a few months when the problems have been addressed. 

8 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Honestly, I'm considering going back and saving him. I have shit ton of side missions left to do and I'm not beating the game until they are done since some of them effect the ending.

Im unable to go back on my Nomad build unfortunatly. I didn't like how the Corps build was turning out so I'm starting a new Street Kid. Million and them talking about all the work they are getting done with Hacking has me really wanting to try it. The Nomad is all Body, Reflex, and Technical. 

Crafting needs a lot of work imo. Thankfully Technical is useful for a decent amount more then just Crafting. 

Also what ending did you get?

Spoiler

I went ahead and got both Devil Tarot endings. I assume those are the ones you got cuz you said you didn't like it lol. I was with V at the end of one of them. "...Fuck."

Edited by RSG3
5 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Im unable to go back on my Nomad build unfortunatly. I didn't like how the Corps build was turning out so I'm starting a new Street Kid. Million and them talking about all the work they are getting done with Hacking has me really wanting to try it. The Nomad is all Body, Reflex, and Technical. 

Crafting needs a lot of work imo. Thankfully Technical is useful for a decent amount more then just Crafting. 

Also what ending did you get?

Hide contents

I went ahead and got both Devil Tarot endings. I assume those are the ones you got cuz you said you didn't like it lol. I was with V at the end of one of them. "...Fuck."

Spoiler

I got the one where you let Johnny take over. He, Rogue, and Weyland attack Arasaka Tower. You get right near core and Adam Smasher attacks. He kills Rogue but not before she plants a grenade beneath his chest plate making him vulnerable. Alt says that she can't save V, she can remove Johnny but V will only have six months to live. You can choose to let Johnny have V's body since won't have the 6 month death sentence or give V back his body. I have V his body back. There is a time skip. You wake up in a fancy apartment, and Panam was showering. She's trying to convince V to come with her but has "one last mission" to pull off. You basically do some a suicide mission to become a Night City Legend. I was like fuck...I'd rather have given Johnny the body for that bullshit. I'm going for the Nomad ending, I didn't pick that one because I had a feeling Panam would bite it. I hope she doesn't. I'm not going to bother with the Arasaka ending, I don't trust them for shit.

49 minutes ago, RSG3 said:
  Hide contents

The Arasak Endings are kinda cool imo, but they do go rather the way you would think. Did you confront Yorinobu in your ending? Did in mine. Helped me buy his weird change of character from the TTRPG.

Spoiler

Nah no Yorinobu in that ending. I don't trust Arasaka so I know they are going to hit V with the Montreal screw job.

6 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Honestly, I'm considering going back and saving him. I have shit ton of side missions left to do and I'm not beating the game until they are done since some of them effect the ending.

I actually found you could save him by accident. I think I died somehow following the marker and ended up reloading and I noticed there was a different path I could take that looked like it lead somewhere. Start in that direction and you’ll quickly get an objective to try and save him. 

Game really does make it seem impossible to save him at first though...I thought that was a pretty good design choice.