Stage Select

Wake up Samurai: the Cyberpunk 2077 thread

Regarding the Voodoo Boys....

Spoiler

The first time I woke up with my male V, I smoked every last one of them. I thought maybe it'd be a bad idea so I reloaded and did not. Thinking back on it, I regretting not smoking them all. Outside of the shit they pulled with Evelyn, they had no intention of helping you, not only that, they basically sent you on what they thought was suicide mission. Next time through I cooking them fools like grits.

57 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Regarding the Voodoo Boys....

Hide contents

The first time I woke up with my male V, I smoked every last one of them. I thought maybe it'd be a bad idea so I reloaded and did not. Thinking back on it, I regretting not smoking them all. Outside of the shit they pulled with Evelyn, they had no intention of helping you, not only that, they basically sent you on what they thought was suicide mission. Next time through I cooking them fools like grits.

Spoiler

Yea same. I played their stupid ass games and I wouldn't say it was worth it. Im sure there is another way to get in touch with Alt. 

Today's patch helped but game still randomly crashes. Still have work to do on that front CDPR. 

Edited by RSG3
1 hour ago, RSG3 said:
  Hide contents

Yea same. I played their stupid ass games and I wouldn't say it was worth it. Im sure there is another way to get in touch with Alt. 

Today's patch helped but game still randomly crashes. Still have work to do on that front CDPR. 

It's not that...

Spoiler

They are the only way to get in touch with Alt. I just didn't pay enough attention to realize I should have ventilated them all. I didn't realize they essentially smoked Evelyn until after I spared them. And on further consideration of what Brigette said, I get the impression that even if things went have went well, they would have done the same thing to her. That combined with them Placide sending V on what he thought was a suicide mission and Brigette blowing smoke up your ass about helping you has sealed their fate. Although my lady V is not as keen to kill, she'll make an exception for them.

31 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

It's not that...

Hide contents

They are the only way to get in touch with Alt. I just didn't pay enough attention to realize I should have ventilated them all. I didn't realize they essentially smoked Evelyn until after I spared them. And on further consideration of what Brigette said, I get the impression that even if things went have went well, they would have done the same thing to her. That combined with them Placide sending V on what he thought was a suicide mission and Brigette blowing smoke up your ass about helping you has sealed their fate. Although my lady V is not as keen to kill, she'll make an exception for them.

Right on. Ill be doing the same on a future playthrough as well. Probabltywith my Street Kid build im working on. 

With that said Nomad V just wrapped up Chippin In. Lookin fly as fuck and got the firepower to back it up. Me and Johnny really starting to see eye to eye finally. It's all coming together man. 

Edited by RSG3
20 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Right on. Ill be doing the same on a future playthrough as well. Probabltywith my Street Kid build im working on. 

With that said Nomad V just wrapped up Chippin In. Lookin fly as fuck and got the firepower to back it up. Me and Johnny really starting to see eye to eye finally. It's all coming together man. 

Yeah it's funny. Johnny got on my damned nerves at first but by the end of the journey I was looking for to his commentary on whatever shenanigan's V got into. Honestly, i wish there were a few more sequences that allowed you hand the reigns over to him. Just to see the fall out between He and V.

Spoiler

I'd really hate for my V to have to explain to Panam why he was making out with a septuagenarian at the drive in 👀 "Baby that wasn't me, it was Johnny Silverhand!" Gotta feeling he would have ended up on the wrong side of a Basilisk. 🤣

The story behind the this cyber psycho boss fight is some fucked up shit. Sisters have bad blood when one of them embarrasses them at their wedding. Linh, the wife to be was made a laughing stock. She gets back at her sister by spiking her wine to put her in a coma, bribe the ripper doc to use the worst implants imaginable and stole her man to marry him. When she wakes from her coma she goes psycho on sister at her second wedding killing her and her ex. Damn

1 hour ago, Skort said:

Kinda random but I think I never seen an NPC ride a motorcycle in this game.

You see it on mission/event specific cut scenes but not random NPCs.

On another though now, looking at my screen shot above. Rouge looks really good for her age.
Like she was in her 20's or 30's in 2023, now in 2077 she has to be at least 70 at the min 

But with cybernetics, I am sure she got some work done. In the game lore people who can afford it can get medical treatment to slow down the aging process. 

Next part is spoilered for those who haven't gotten to ACT 3 yet. 

Spoiler

Some of Johnny's old posy don't look older than 45, despite they all should be in their 70s or 80s. 

3 hours ago, DarkSakul said:

Like she was in her 20's or 30's in 2023, now in 2077 she has to be at least 70 at the min 

But with cybernetics, I am sure she got some work done. In the game lore people who can afford it can get medical treatment to slow down the aging process. 

Arasaka president was 150 years old and the guy didn't look older than 80. I'm damn sure Rouge got some implants in her to maintain that GILF look. 

Anyone know what Misty gives you for completing Fool on the Hill? She said she gave me somethong to help on my path but didnt tell me what it was and the game didnt tell me either. Glanced ay my inventory but that shits packed, no clue what I am looking for. Anyone know?

Also found a metal arm in said inventory. Clicked on it. Fucking cool.

Edited by RSG3
2 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

I started doing the street races. Doing this shit makes me hate this game. 

EDIT: I finished that godforsaken quest.

Hide contents

I was almost tempted to stop Claire when she the guy at gunpoint. I kinda wanted to know the husband's dirty laundry but his lack of remorse and being a corpo I let it rock. 

Spoiler

If you stop her, you get that dudes car in addition to Claire's.

1 hour ago, DarkSakul said:

No, I didn't. 

Hide contents

I took the root where I did it my self, told Johnny to Fuck off and didn't involve the Nomads. 
I decided to trust Hankou. 

Oh boy, I knew that was going end up bad. I didn't take that choice but I knew that wouldn't end well. The final meeting with that person and finding out that they knew the whole time gave me serious pause.

1 hour ago, Hawkingbird said:

I did an undiscovered quest and I ended up finding an automatic smart pistol called Skippy. This thing is awesome. 

Spoiler

it eventually ask you to chose a mode, after 50 kills it will perma lock into the other mode. 

Think the two modes now are Stone Cold Killer (only head shots) and Puppy Loving Pacifist Mode (only leg shots). 

Wait a few days in game and it will unlock another quest. Where it will ask you if you want to return it to it's legal owner

Spoiler

Regina Jones

On 12/25/2020 at 12:43 PM, Hawkingbird said:

The story behind the this cyber psycho boss fight is some fucked up shit. Sisters have bad blood when one of them embarrasses them at their wedding. Linh, the wife to be was made a laughing stock. She gets back at her sister by spiking her wine to put her in a coma, bribe the ripper doc to use the worst implants imaginable and stole her man to marry him. When she wakes from her coma she goes psycho on sister at her second wedding killing her and her ex. Damn

It's bad but not as bad as you think. I just found that quest. The betrayal wasn't real. It was supposed to be an episode of reality show called "Saigon Sisters". The sister that went nuts woke up early and forgot it was TV show. She thought the events were real and not for a TV show. So it's still fucked up because she killed her sister for no reason 😔

At this point, I'm probably done with the game. There a few side quests I can tie up but between both my runs I basically hit everything.

Edit: My Female V and the Voodoo Boys.

Spoiler

I spoked every last one of those fools and rocked Mamam Brigittes legendary four mod slot trench coat the rest of the game. RIP Evelyn. I got the bitch. 😉

Ending spoilers. 

Spoiler

Female, straight V, sorta get's screwed. She doesn't get to take her husbando with her. Male V gets to ride off into the sunset with waifu Panam. Hell Lesbian V gets to take Julie with her.

Edited by Darc_Requiem

Man idk why my male V hits on Judy in every line when they made it clear she ain't into dudes. To spite me or what ?  

Some dialogue options have nothing to do with what they should actually be said by my character.

Panam is better than Judy imo. 

PS : i wanted more quests with Meredith also.

I know the focus is justifiably on bug fixes and stability, but I hoping for some substantial content additions. As someone that literally had a Shepard for basically every option in Mass Effect 1 and 2. I was underwhelmed by the lack of variation in my second run. Also Night City isn't as "big" as it seems. Their is almost nothing to do out side of missions. Which is surprising because they could have spun off some of the mission variations into mini games. For example, why not have shooting range, boxing, and racing mini games (yes the driving mechanics are ass). The systems are already in place for them. It would have been a relatively low effort way to pad the game out. I really enjoy the content that is in the game but some of the oversights and misses are surprising. The most glaring, besides the shit crowd and traffic AI, is the wanted system. Like how can they botch it so badly. GTA3 has a better wanted system.

Because the game isn't finished. I love it but this is the truth. The Cops aren't bad. They arent finished. The AI Pathing isn't bad. It isn't finished. This isn't an excuse, this is a bad look but the problems with those systems is they aren't done. They needed more time to bake. The whole game did. 

As for side activities that doesn't surprise me. The Witcher games are the same, w1 and 2 had 1 shitty (and I do mean shitty) dice game, and Witcher 3 had Gwent. Otherwise for the size of the world and all the built in systems, all there really is to do is the main gameplay loop of main and side quests and most minigames are just small side quests themselves. Finish the horse racing side quest and thats the end of horse racing. This game isn't trying to be GTA (not saying you expect it to be) the focus is on the core activities behind the questing systems. Once the quest is done, the activity is done. 

35 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Because the game isn't finished. I love it but this is the truth. The Cops aren't bad. They arent finished. The AI Pathing isn't bad. It isn't finished. This isn't an excuse, this is a bad look but the problems with those systems is they aren't done. They needed more time to bake. The whole game did. 

As for side activities that doesn't surprise me. The Witcher games are the same, w1 and 2 had 1 shitty (and I do mean shitty) dice game, and Witcher 3 had Gwent. Otherwise for the size of the world and all the built in systems, all there really is to do is the main gameplay loop of main and side quests and most minigames are just small side quests themselves. Finish the horse racing side quest and thats the end of horse racing. This game isn't trying to be GTA (not saying you expect it to be) the focus is on the core activities behind the questing systems. Once the quest is done, the activity is done. 

I don't even like GTA. I just used it as reference because it had a better wanted system twenty years ago. Cyberpunk is an RPG. I enjoy the hell of it. My GOG says I've logged 150 hours in it, but the game is seriously lacking upon closer inspection. I agree that game wasn't done, it just took me my second playthrough to realize just how unfinished it was and how bad some of the systems implementations are. I got double jump earlier my second go around and half the time I double jump near a person they start freaking out like I just shot a guy and everyone one starts running and ducking. It got REAL old fast. Going back to crowd AI, I also hate how when you quickhack someone from stealth, all the pedestrians instantly freak out and start yelling "He/She is crazy. Please don't kill me. Etc." I used to think the game should have been pushed back 6 months but I think an entire year was needed. CP2077 feels like a fun early access game.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I don't even like GTA. I just used it as reference because it had a better wanted system twenty years ago. Cyberpunk is an RPG. I enjoy the hell of it. My GOG says I've logged 150 hours in it, but the game is seriously lacking upon closer inspection. I agree that game wasn't done, it just took me my second playthrough to realize just how unfinished it was and how bad some of the systems implementations are. I got double jump earlier my second go around and half the time I double jump near a person they start freaking out like I just shot a guy and everyone one starts running and ducking. It got REAL old fast. Going back to crowd AI, I also hate how when you quickhack someone from stealth, all the pedestrians instantly freak out and start yelling "He/She is crazy. Please don't kill me. Etc." I used to think the game should have been pushed back 6 months but I think an entire year was needed. CP2077 feels like a fun early access game.

Yea I'm not trying to say the state the game is in is acceptable because it's not, I'm just saying the issues stem from lack of development instead of the implementation actually being bad. I hope that makes sense. 

Also not trying to say you want it to be GTA either, was just using your own example to go into how CDPR does an Open World different from folks like Rockstar. Like Rockstar builds a sandbox while CDPR creates more of a theme park if that makes sense. It's a catored and directed experience while Rockstar doesn't mind if you say fuck it and throw sand in all the other kids faces lol. I'm with you I don't want it to be GTA, i'd just play GTA in that case. 

With that said this is a role play experience and there are things they could do to make that experience better. Like some real simple shit would be being able to say goodbye to people when done talking. Every shop seems to hate my guts cuz I walk away from the shop keeper lol. Game doesn't seem to register I bought something or give me the ability to say "Never mind." All conversations work this way and it's kind of off putting and takes me out. 

Or if I go to a gfod stand or a bar let me eat the food at the stand or drink my beer at the bar. Like every time I go to Afterlife Clair asks me if I want a drink. I say yes and it just dumps me into a menu and then dumps my drink into my backpack. Let me sit at the bar and drink a damn beer with Clair. The animations are there so let me chill in the Bar properly. Let me say goodbye to Clair when I am done drinking my beer. Wei Shen eats the food he buys in Sleeping Dogs (and then litters like a dirty bastard but I digress) so why cant V?

Super low on the list of shit needing done but the kind of role play extras that really help me pretend I am existing in the world. 

Edited by RSG3

@RSG3I get you fam. You said in your initial post that you were not saying I expected it to be GTA. Let's keep the discourse going. I think you are the only one that's played the game here as much as I have.

Edit: Yeah I hate the way you can't end conversations in the game. You just have to rudely stroll off, it's really freaking odd man.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
2 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

@RSG3I get you fam. You said in your initial post that you were not saying I expected it to be GTA. Let's keep the discourse going. I think you are the only one that's played the game here as much as I have.

Sure I'm down. What do you want to talk about? I think once they get the game where it should be or should have been upon release the next step besides QOL and additional content is to strengthen the role play experience. Make the world a bit more interacable. Let me sit in chairs if I want (any chair, whenever) or sit at bars. Actually order drinks and food. Conversations end naturally. 

I also think outside of Dexter Deshawn that the Fixers are a bit wasted. They exist in the world and yet 99% of the time your interactions with them amount to a talking head in a corner of the screen and a text message. I am slightly baffled that Witcher 3 is a lot the same set up of you wandering around to find paying work, but Geralt actually gets to negotiate his pay and shit, and the higher the difficulty setting the more agressivly you can negotiate. This is completely missing here and the one time you can do it with Dex it amounts to nothing since you never get paid for his job. I want more actual face time with the fixers, I want more say in my pay, and I would like a few more big jobs, like Dexters job. Doesnt have to be THAT big but you know jobs requiring prep, work with the fixers and a crew. Not just a phone call, a small job, Eddie's in hand. 

Yeah the bar thing is strange. You can only gets drinks in scripted story sequences. Why can't I get a Jackie Welles from Claire at Afterlife? Share a beer with Mitch at the Aldecado camp. I'd just like little simple games. Like darts or pool something in the bars. There doesn't necessary have to be any quest or rewards tied to it. It just adds to the life of the world.  I wouldn't mind the ability for V to pick up chicks/dudes in the bar as well. It's minor, isn't needed but I want Night City to seem alive.

Also, I get the feeling that something more was intended with the fixers. A few of them ask you to come see them, but there is no point. You can't do anything. I honestly only saw Wakako on my first run. On my second run I found the Captain, Regina, Dakota, etc. I was going to look for them all but again there is no point to it. They literally interact with you just how they do on the holophone.

I want to see if you get the same impression on some of this. I get the idea that some characters where supposed to lead into romances that don't. Best example I can think of is Blue Moon from the Us Cracks. After you do her side quest, V and her can get flirty, but it just kind of dead ends from there. Sort of like Meredith Stout without the No Tell Motel situation. Similary, unless I've missed it. It feels like some side quests were supposed have more to them. Lizzy Wizzy is the one that sticks out to me most. I wish more quests were like Jefferson Peralez quest line. That is one of few quests that has a major outcome difference that I found. 

Spoiler

In my first run I told him the truth. Eventually he started sending me texts that show he was going off the rails. In the my ending, in his video message to V, he's completely bonkers. In my second run, I listened to his wife. While he still seemed intent on digging further into situation, he doesn't lose his marbles. The ending voice mail I got with that choice had him asking V to be his head of security.

Unrelated side note: I wish they'd fix the last voice mail you get from Mitch. It's fucking bugged. 

Spoiler

Even when you leave Night City with the Aldecados, he messages you like you are still in Night City. Asking how you been etc. It's like mother fucker, I'm in Arizona with you.

Mitch is cool character though. Didn't expect to like him as much as I did.

Edit: @RSG3I was going give this game break until some major updates. You have me half tempted to make a third V. I haven't done a "corpo" run yet.

Edited by Darc_Requiem

Yea the bars in general need more work. The El Coyote is complety wasted outside the Street Kid Life Path. I've only ever gotten one job in The Afterlife...there must be more no?

Yea I have a feeling there was a lot more planned for the Fixers thay had to get dropped for whatever reasons. I hope the later content reimpliments or expands of them. 

Don't know what the Blue Moon quest you are referring to is. Must not have done that one yet. The game does seem lacking in the romance departments tho. Outside of Panam I don't really like any of them like that, and how I play won't let me hook with Panam so....the whole romance mechanic is a bust for me as it currently stands. Kerry is cool but again no, ESPECIALLY considering I've got Johnny knocking around in my head, shits fucking weird at that point to me. Hope the expanded content introduces more options and that I actually like some of them this time. That's a tough one tho. If i don't feel a spark with the character I won't romance them and if no one else can fill that hole then it just ends up being a mechanic I never take part in. Maybe that's me but you know. 

Also yes a couple quests feel chopped off at the knees and the Lizzy Wizzy quest is absolutly one of the first that comes to mind. A big time celebrity who kills her boyfriend and the "fallout" is scrolling a BD and sending me creepy text messages? Kinda weak. On the flip side the Parelez quest is fantastic with a couple different outcomes and the whole thing is fucking creeeeepy as fuck. I was exploring their apartment like "Dude what the fuck......what the fuuuuuuck." The River quest on the farm hits the same notes. Most of the quests, main or aide or just a gig are pretty great but yea some.of them feel incomplete or unfinished. 

And man pretty sure all the Nomads are dope. Sails the only who is kind of a dick and even he comes around and makes up for being an ass depending on your choices. 

Edit: Dope dude. What kind of build you have in mind for a Corpo? I'm playing mine pretty cold and calculated but with a pretty bitter hatred of the corps for fucking her over hard. Build wise I'm working on Katana melee and hacking.  Not gonna put any points into Engineering and just use break down to sell components for cash. 

Edited by RSG3

I think the River romance for Female V is solid....

Spoiler

Except for the ending. There is no ending that gives her a chance at survival that includes River.

I haven't decide on my corpo. I've yet to use a heavy gun build. My first V abandoned guns midway for duffing fools with Gorilla Arms. My second V was made her hay quick hacking dudes to death. I'm thinking of a Reflex and Intelligence build. Kind make him like a Corpo assassins type. I can't decide on his personality. I'm thinking of making him pragmatic. He does the right thing but doesn't have a problem taking lives. 

Edit: For his personality to come through, I'm going to need to put points in Cool though 🤔

Edited by Darc_Requiem
6 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I think the River romance for Female V is solid....

Hide contents

Except for the ending. There is no ending that gives her a chance at survival that includes River.

I haven't decide on my corpo. I've yet to use a heavy gun build. My first V abandoned guns midway for duffing fools with Gorilla Arms. My second V was made her hay quick hacking dudes to death. I'm thinking of a Reflex and Intelligence build. Kind make him like a Corpo assassins type. I can't decide on his personality. I'm thinking of making him pragmatic. He does the right thing but doesn't have a problem taking lives. 

Edit: For his personality to come through, I'm going to need to put points in Cool though 🤔

I'm mixed on Cool right now. Stealth doesn't really feel worth it and im not deep enough to see if Cold Blood is paying dividends or not. I'm currently sitting at Cool not being a stat worth maining but instead a supplimentary stat to boost yoyr other shit. Like if you mainline hacking then Cool would be worth it for the stealth perks to make getting around easier without being spotted, or id ypu main Reflex theb could ve worth it for the Cold Blood stacks, but it isn't worth maxing out. Will have to keep experimenting with it tho. It's pretty dope for the convo option tho, some of the Cool lines are some shit lol. 

Edited by RSG3