Stage Select

General Feedback/Support/Requests Thread

Post any bugs or issues here. Let me know if there are any features you'd really like to see!

If anything on the site looks messed up, please do a hard refresh with CTRL+Refresh first!

Your browser may have cached an old version. If the problem persists, then post it below along with your browser version so I can fix it.

On 1/20/2018 at 8:03 AM, Mr_Wizard said:

Would like to see emojis and react buttons. That would be nice

React buttons are a bit broken in the latest versions of Vanilla, but I'll look into alternatives.

As for emoji, they already work! Just type the corresponding code from the table below:

Twitter_Emoji-5.png?t=1516385241778

Site's looking great. One small QoL feature would be nice, though. The Home › srk2 News/Feedback forum navigation links on the top; it'd be nice if they were also on the bottom of the site layout, either above or below the chatbox.

As it is currently, you finish reading a thread, and then gotta go all the way back up across the thread to leave it (or use the Home key). It's a tiny thing, but one that you get easily used to. :lol:

On 1/24/2018 at 6:05 AM, Cathrao said:

Site's looking great. One small QoL feature would be nice, though. The Home › srk2 News/Feedback forum navigation links on the top; it'd be nice if they were also on the bottom of the site layout, either above or below the chatbox.

As it is currently, you finish reading a thread, and then gotta go all the way back up across the thread to leave it (or use the Home key). It's a tiny thing, but one that you get easily used to.  

@Cathrao Added!

On 1/24/2018 at 1:20 PM, Reiraku said:

One thing I've noticed is the reactions display the full sized av of whomever reacts to a post. This can cause an image to cover the text of a post above it.

@Reiraku Do a hard refresh with CTRL+Refresh. If you still have this problem, please let me know what browser you are using.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/14/2018 at 1:56 AM, poot said:

Stage Select is awesome! just discovered it and now i'm rocking 3rd Strike Alex background. are you planning to add more?

Yes! I add more every once in a while. Lately I've been experimenting with ways to upgrade the forum with new features, but once that's sorted out I'll be back to bringing in new themes. :smile:

On 3/14/2018 at 1:59 AM, misterBee said:
On 3/14/2018 at 1:56 AM, poot said:

Stage Select is awesome! just discovered it and now i'm rocking 3rd Strike Alex background. are you planning to add more?

Yes! I add more every once in a while. Lately I've been experimenting with ways to upgrade the forum with new features, but once that's sorted out I'll be back to bringing in new themes. :smile:

that's great! i'd like to see Haomaru's BG from SS1 or any SamSho game really.

Feedback on Invision (Desktop variant, phone is fine):

-Some fonts are a bit harder to read now. Dunno if it's a font or scaling issue, but basically everything outside of the actual posts seems...a little bit blurry?

-The PM system seems impractical and wasteful in its default state. Would be nice to move the message browser to the top, and messages underneath, so that they're all full-size.

Edited by Cathrao
4 hours ago, Cathrao said:

Feedback on Invision (Desktop variant, phone is fine):

-Some fonts are a bit harder to read now. Dunno if it's a font or scaling issue, but basically everything outside of the actual posts seems...a little bit blurry?

-The PM system seems impractical and wasteful in its default state. Would be nice to move the message browser to the top, and messages underneath, so that they're all full-size.

Readability is something I'm working on - expect many theme tweaks over the next few days!

The site is looking good. 

Is there a way to go straight to the first unread post in a thread automatically?

For the saloon thread,I usually click the last page and manually scroll down to the last post.

On the Vanilla SRK setup before the change to Discourse , it would take me straight to the new content by clicking the thread title. I really liked that.

17 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

The site is looking good. 

Is there a way to go straight to the first unread post in a thread automatically?

For the saloon thread,I usually click the last page and manually scroll down to the last post.

On the Vanilla SRK setup before the change to Discourse , it would take me straight to the new content by clicking the thread title. I really liked that.

Yes! 

If you have posted in a thread before, it will have a star icon on the left.  The star icon will be brighter if there are unread posts.  Click the star to see the first unread post.

If you haven't posted in a thread before and there are unread posts, you will see a circle icon next to it instead.  Clicking  it will bring you to the first unread post.

If you want to see the VERY LATEST post (not just the first unread one), go to the part of the thread listing where they show the latest poster.  There should be a time stamp.  Click it to go to the latest post.

On 3/24/2018 at 3:34 PM, Poltergeist said:

The whole "adjust size" thing for a new avatar doesn't work very well on mobile. Moving the square scrolls the page at the same time

I'll look into it, but this one might not be fixable.  Might just have to do with how Invision coded this feature. 😧

@misterBee Since the recent change over I haven't been able to start more than one PM thread. Every time I try I get the message that my Inbox is full and I need to delete messages before I can send more. But all I have in there is one thread with like 8 messages in it. 

Any assistance would be appreciated. I would have PM'd you about this but wasn't so much an option. :wink:

On 3/26/2018 at 7:30 AM, GetTheTables said:

@misterBee Since the recent change over I haven't been able to start more than one PM thread. Every time I try I get the message that my Inbox is full and I need to delete messages before I can send more. But all I have in there is one thread with like 8 messages in it. 

Any assistance would be appreciated. I would have PM'd you about this but wasn't so much an option. :wink:

Ok this should be fixed now!  PM has been sent to you. 😃

• 1 month later...

First off, I'm new and just wanted to say that I love the theme selector. Very unique! Being as I'm new, I'm not sure how things have been or the workings behind the mind of the powers that be; but, I'd like to ask a few things.

1.) Has the layout always been this condensed? I ask because I'm used to a majority of communities that usually differentiate between general and media-themed threads. I just want to make sure before I start trying to navigate toward contributing threads and activity.

2.) Is there a FAQ about the history of this place? When I was browsing this community as a guest, I was trying to figure out/understand the history behind the community and the general focus; but, other than grasping that it's based around fighting games, I couldn't discern much nor the fact that it was a version 2.0?

42 minutes ago, bittersweet said:

First off, I'm new and just wanted to say that I love the theme selector. Very unique! Being as I'm new, I'm not sure how things have been or the workings behind the mind of the powers that be; but, I'd like to ask a few things.

1.) Has the layout always been this condensed? I ask because I'm used to a majority of communities that usually differentiate between general and media-themed threads. I just want to make sure before I start trying to navigate toward contributing threads and activity.

2.) Is there a FAQ about the history of this place? When I was browsing this community as a guest, I was trying to figure out/understand the history behind the community and the general focus; but, other than grasping that it's based around fighting games, I couldn't discern much nor the fact that it was a version 2.0?

Welcome! 😃

1) One of the problems with the old forums was that it was too spread out.  The general policy here is that we try to keep things as condensed as possible until a separate thread/subforum/whatever is warranted.  Since we are a small community, it makes sense to focus activity rather than have it spread out everywhere.  We do not have any rules concerning where users can/can't post media.

2) The basic story is that back in January SRK announced the forums were closing.  I poured work into building an alternative, only to find out several weeks later that SRK had decided to keep their forums running after all.  After some careful thought I decided to go ahead with my site anyway, reasoning that SRK management really didn't care about their forums and there was no telling if something like this would happen again.  I decided I would make a small, focused forum run by people who care and who actually listen and respond to community feedback.  We may never get the numbers that the 'other place' gets, but you can be sure that here your suggestions will be heard.

We are fighting game focused due to our origins, but in reality our most popular threads are actually not fighting game related.  As long as you follow our rules, you can post whatever you like!

It's always good to see new faces.  I hope you have a great time here! ❤️ 

1 hour ago, bittersweet said:

Is there any way to get a media sub-forum? I have a plethora of media-oriented threads I could create as well as some general and/or serious run of the mill content.

What kind of threads do you have in mind?  Sub-forums are defined currently by subject matter more than the type of content.

Just media threads ranging from specific movies, subject about movies (actors/actresses/favorite films) to video games, literature, music and television.

For example:

1.)  Specific show related threads

2.) Console oriented discussions? Like an evolved form of the current video game thread; but, with one of each for the current consoles.

3.) Game series discussions?

3.) Literature threads

4.)  Maybe movie news?

Which would then open up the ability to hold discussions fitness/health, cooking, body art/tattoos, etc in the general.

2 hours ago, bittersweet said:

Just media threads ranging from specific movies, subject about movies (actors/actresses/favorite films) to video games, literature, music and television.

For example:

1.)  Specific show related threads

2.) Console oriented discussions? Like an evolved form of the current video game thread; but, with one of each for the current consoles.

3.) Game series discussions?

3.) Literature threads

4.)  Maybe movie news?

Which would then open up the ability to hold discussions fitness/health, cooking, body art/tattoos, etc in the general.

Pretty much all of those go into General Discussion.  If things get clogged up I'll move them to appropriate subforums.  Just make sure that if a thread already exists for something you want to talk about you post there.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

@misterBee Traffic may be picking up here soon. With all the craziness around EVO and Mr. Wizard, a few people have been asking for spot to go if things go south. A few of us have suggested here. I wanted more traffic here but not like this. Glad you have such a nice setup. Hopefully any new comers will appreciate your hard work.

It is totally fine if people want to come here -- the more the merrier! 

However it is very important that any site performance issues (slow loading etc.) are reported right away.  If traffic is really high I may need to beef up the server the site is running on.

10 hours ago, Dagu said:

So, I just created a new account. As soon as I hit the validate button, a post was automatically created with what appeared to be a spam message. I can't say I've ever seen something like that happen before...has anyone else seen this happen when signing up?

Please provide more details!  What did this message say?  Where was it posted?  I will look into this.

EDIT: I am closing registrations until this is sorted.

4 hours ago, misterBee said:

Please provide more details!  What did this message say?  Where was it posted?  I will look into this.

EDIT: I am closing registrations until this is sorted.

I sent you a message, with the details.

• 2 months later...