Stage Select

General Feedback/Support/Requests Thread

4 hours ago, Dayaan said:

There's been an issue for Mac for as long as I've been on the site. Images don't load. Works fine on Windows. Can we find out why there's always an error message to attached images on OSX?

Which images aren't loading?  Embedded images in posts?  Theme background images? The site logo?

What browser are you using?

Please tell me what error message you are getting.

On 1/22/2021 at 12:10 PM, misterBee said:

Which images aren't loading?  Embedded images in posts?  Theme background images? The site logo?

What browser are you using?

Please tell me what error message you are getting.

It seems random. The latest post in the Saloon Thread posts fine. Here is an example of a post in the SFV Thread:

https://imgur.com/a/6R2B93v

Site logo and background are A-OK. Basically the entire website looks fine. It's the content of some posts that don't show up.

Browser is fully updated Chrome. Cookies are still stored, same as before. Cache looks fine. No explicit error messages, just indicators like the one above.

12 minutes ago, Dayaan said:

It seems random. The latest post in the Saloon Thread posts fine. Here is an example of a post in the SFV Thread:

https://imgur.com/a/6R2B93v

Site logo and background are A-OK. Basically the entire website looks fine. It's the content of some posts that don't show up.

Browser is fully updated Chrome. Cookies are still stored, same as before. Cache looks fine. No explicit error messages, just indicators like the one above.

Turn off any ad-blocking and/or privacy extensions and try again.  (Adblock/uBlock/Ghostery/etc.) If you are using Chrome's built-in ad-blocker, turn that off. They may be blocking embedded post images because they are being loaded from an external source.

Try it in Safari also just to be sure it's not system-related.

I am reasonably sure that the issue is on  your end, so let me know what you find.

1 hour ago, misterBee said:

Turn off any ad-blocking and/or privacy extensions and try again.  (Adblock/uBlock/Ghostery/etc.) If you are using Chrome's built-in ad-blocker, turn that off. They may be blocking embedded post images because they are being loaded from an external source.

Try it in Safari also just to be sure it's not system-related.

I am reasonably sure that the issue is on  your end, so let me know what you find.

That's possible. I don't have any adblocker extensions, but I haven't checked the Chrome one. Will also try in Safari. Thanks!

Unfortunately, that did not work.

I also tried on Safari, but my school has it marked as a "parked" website. No idea what that means, but I can't access it from there. Now I'm led to believe this is only happening as a result of the school's blocker. It doesn't block Megashock from Chrome, but it might be messing with the images. I'll try it on my mother's Macbook Pro later today to confirm.

• 4 weeks later...

Bee, the situation is the same. I actually finally managed to get a hold of my mother's Macbook. It's an entirely different model too. I changed everything to match the instructions you gave, and even went and tweaked stuff here and there when they came to mind. I still face the same issue. Super annoying because I can't even theorize what the issue is any more...

1 hour ago, Dayaan said:

Bee, the situation is the same. I actually finally managed to get a hold of my mother's Macbook. It's an entirely different model too. I changed everything to match the instructions you gave, and even went and tweaked stuff here and there when they came to mind. I still face the same issue. Super annoying because I can't even theorize what the issue is any more...

I will test it on my Macbook Pro later and get back to you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
17 minutes ago, Volt said:

Would it be too much work to be able to resize images posted here? It's definitely no priority if it's too much of a bother, but it'd be nice to post memes without needing to worry about them covering the whole page.

I will try tweaking the image display size to something smaller.

is there any way to uncensor the "mature" content youtube video posts? We post a lot of YT links in the GD and Video game thread and some of them are "blacked out". 

if not its no big deal. its just annoying to see and i imagine it's off putting to posters who don't want to redirect. 

Edited by iStu X
4 minutes ago, iStu X said:

is there any way to uncensor the "mature" content youtube video posts? We post a lot of YT links in the GD and Video game thread and some of them are "blacked out". 

if not its no big deal. its just annoying to see and i imagine it's off putting to posters who don't want to redirect. 

What do you mean?

I don't see any blacked out or censored video embeds.

@iStu X

I see.  That's a YouTube thing, and not something anyone else has any control over.

If the video has been uploaded to YouTube and set to age-restricted it will show up this way when embedded.

From the YouTube support page:

What happens if content is age-restricted?

Age-restricted videos are not viewable to users who are under 18 years of age or signed out. Also, age-restricted videos cannot be watched on most third-party websites. Viewers who click an age-restricted video on another website, such as an embedded player, will be redirected to YouTube or YouTube Music. Once there, they can only view the content when signed in and over 18. This process helps make sure that no matter where content is discovered, if a video is hosted by YouTube it will only be viewable by the appropriate audience. 

1 minute ago, misterBee said:

@iStu X

I see.  That's a YouTube thing, and not something anyone else has any control over.

If the video has been uploaded to YouTube and set to age-restricted it will show up this way when embedded.

From the YouTube support page:

What happens if content is age-restricted?

Age-restricted videos are not viewable to users who are under 18 years of age or signed out. Also, age-restricted videos cannot be watched on most third-party websites. Viewers who click an age-restricted video on another website, such as an embedded player, will be redirected to YouTube or YouTube Music. Once there, they can only view the content when signed in and over 18. This process helps make sure that no matter where content is discovered, if a video is hosted by YouTube it will only be viewable by the appropriate audience. 

Why Me Crying GIF by Team Coco

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
1 hour ago, iStu X said:

correct

Hmm...I'm not really sure that's possible.

However, you can set a custom content feed if you like.  Follow threads that are important to you, and then click 'Unread Content' at the top of the page (underneath the light/dark theme switcher).

Khh1LE4.jpg

You'll be able to filter all the threads on the site based on whether or not you follow them, and then save it as a stream.  Then instead of browsing through the whole forum you can simply keep up to date with your followed threads.

• 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

Misterbee,

This is such a minor issue that I feel bad to bring it up.

Often when I click a reaction button, I get the error message   "There was an error with your action" even though it displays the reaction just fine.

This happens on Chrome Desktop on Windows 10.

Hmm...I have not had this issue before, but I don't really react too much.

How long has this been happening?  How consistent is it?

5 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

For me, it has been happening consistently for the last 1 month. It happens 90 percent of the time when I click a reaction.

It is only on chrome on my desktop browser ,not the mobile browser.

Try clearing cache/temporary internet files and see if it continues to happen.

6 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

It is gone now. Thanks

Just one more thing...

Did you change the mobile page?

Each thread on mobile shows the first post of each thread underneath the thread title.

I dont know if it just my phone or if anyone else has experienced it.

There has been a forum software update but I haven't noticed any changes to the mobile layout.

Please post screenshot if possible so I can see what you're talking about.

2 hours ago, DangerousJ said:

I cleared cache on my phone and no change.

What's funny was my desktop browser was fine originally,but when I cleared cache on that ,the problem started there too.

While on desktop log out and click the refresh button while holding down CTRL.  Does the site still look like that?

I have tested the site on both my phone and browser and do not have this behavior. Have you installed any new browser extensions/ad blockers/etc. recently?

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, IcyBlackDeep said:

Is there a way to do a block-quote that's not quoting someone?  The editor doesn't seem to have a button and neither Markdown nor bbtag syntax does anything.

There is a quote button in the editor.  It's right next to the spoiler (eye) icon in the toolbar.

• 8 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, MarioMania said:

How do you add pics on here

The img /img doesn't work

Right click the image and choose "copy image link/copy image address".  Copy/paste the URL directly into the editor. It will auto-embed.

If you want to post a GIF reaction meme you can also use the GIF button in the toolbar.

If you want to upload an image from your computer you will need to be a premium member.