Stage Select

DNF Duel - Dungeon Fighter....Fighter from Arc Systems Works!

53 minutes ago, Sonero said:

What are everybody's impressions so far? Not asking for whether you feel this is a good game or not. But how you feel, like/dislike things etc.

I feel robbed because these cucks didn't have a Beta for PC Chads even though KoF's Beta was datamined on PS4.

Hope that helped. 👍

11 minutes ago, Rioting Soul said:

What is the input for that dashing grab?

No idea. Looks like an S button.

4 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

And this is Crusader wrecking me 🤣

It was one of the very 1st matches i had

I've seen that one! 🤣

I was like "Man, these wall combos are low key doing no damage, is this character bad?" Then he did the install. 👀

Edit: Who was it that asked for vids in the Lounge? @Vhozite?

Edited by Volt
4 hours ago, Sonero said:

What are everybody's impressions so far? Not asking for whether you feel this is a good game or not. But how you feel, like/dislike things etc.

So far I've had a lot of fun. I don't quite understand some parts of canceling into moves. Not using conversion properly yet either. All the characters seem really strong. Then if they don't good from the jump, it feels like I'm just not understanding things. Think Grappler is the character that I'm the most lukewarm on, but it seems like its me with the issues not necessarily the character.

This isn't quite how it's felt in other games where some characters just seemed deficient from the jump.  The movement speeds feel correct. I've spent the most time with Vanguard and it feels like he shouldn't move any faster. Crusder felt the same way too. Maybe everybody could be a hair faster for the sake of feeling nicer. But at this moment it feels good overall.

So far i like it.

Obviously i still are not using most of the mechanics like conversion and alpha counters since it was day -XXX, but so far from what i have played i am digging the game.

Movement feels right over all (then again, i don't have problem with GBFVS speed and movement 😅)

Perhaps my only headscratcher moment with the game is why don't we have a super jump.

Dunno why but it feels like is missing from the game, with how many big shit you have covering the screen at times, lol.

I still think that some moves like Inquisitor's wheel and Kunoichi's tornado will get nerfed, at least slightly in some capacity, since even if you have tools to move around them and alpha counters they are/seem too good, if it was me doing the nerf, it would be maybe only like a nerf in how many hits and/or grey health they do, but nothing major.

1 minute ago, Volt said:

No idea. Looks like an S button.

I've seen that one! 🤣

I was like "Man, these wall combos are low key doing no damage, is this character bad?" Then he did the install. 👀

Edit: Who was it that asked for vids in the Lounge?  vhoize?

By that time i didn't even knew we had rolls since i didnt watch the video explaining the basic actions.

My 1st match against someone was against inquisitor and when she did one i chalked it as something the char can do, then i saw crusader doing it on this match (my 2nd one) and understood it was a basic mechanic, i assumed it was (correctly) done with 6+Blck, but for some reason when i tried it mitch match didnt do shit and ended eating another combo, lol.

4 minutes ago, PVL_93_RU said:

search your feelings, you know it to be the truth

I guarantee you people are whining online about her

Same clowns that didn't figure out you can roll/GC out of it.

She's getting clapped like Strive Pot because people are stupid. I hate Betas.

1 minute ago, Shahenzan said:

What are they gonna nerf inquisitor for? The wheel?

Yes.  They're gonna gut her corner pressure, meaning, like I said, they'll kill the character. She's got nothing else going on, it's her entire gameplan - make you block, then bully you with the wheel and burning liquid

1 hour ago, Gasarocky said:

Isn't 8ing doing the game design? 

8ing is doing part of the programming, but the game design is between ASW y Neople

8ing is working as an assist studio, the manager and lead positions of the project are ASW staff.

Think of it like how Dice is the main studio behind Battlfield, but there are other studios doing part of the legwork behind the game, like Criterion for example.

Same here.

Edited by Hecatom
Just now, PVL_93_RU said:

Yes.  They're gonna gut her corner pressure, meaning, like I said, they'll kill the character. She's got nothing else going on, it's her entire gameplan - make you block, then bully you with the wheel and burning liquid

I been playing inquisitor this whole time and nah there's more to her than wheel

5s is obnoxious as shit and she's pretty mobile with special command dash 

Anyway they would nerf wheel if they were huge bitches and if there's one thing I know the devs are not, it's bitches

Just now, PVL_93_RU said:

it's arcsys balancing my dude, they've done dumber shit before

like buffing Johhny

While i don't deny that they make at times dumb balancing decisions, you talk like if they usually do stupid balancing all the time, which is not the case most of the time.

Usually they are the ones that tend to balance better their games, without killing the fun of the game.

Seeing how all the cast is done to have dumb shit, even if they nerf her, it wouldn't be any major.

Everyone is on some crack shit, with maybe Grappler being the exception.

19 minutes ago, PVL_93_RU said:

it's arcsys balancing my dude, they've done dumber shit before

like buffing Johhny

?_?

Why are you acting like arcsys makes the balance decisions for anything but their own games? When they get contracted to make something like dbfz or gbf bamco/cygames tells them how they want the game, that's why the balance philosophies in each game are so different 

Arcsys balances gg/bb, either 8ing or Nexon calls the shots for balance in this game

Just now, Shahenzan said:

?_?

Why are you acting like arcsys makes the balance decisions for anything but their own games? When they get contracted to make something like dbfz or gbf bamco/cygames tells them how they want the game, that's why the balance philosophies in each game are so different 

Arcsys balances gg/bb, either 8ing or Nexon calls the shots for balance in this game

8ing would be very doubtful, since they are an assist studio, if anyone is making the calls is either Nexon or Neople, but since they are a company without experience in fgs, it would probably be a call by committee, involving the ip owners and ASW.

Like with Cygames with GBFVS.

But you are right, the balancing of the games made for other companies is done based on what the company that owns the ips want them to be.

Even if is ASW doing the balancing at the end, those games are done to reflect what the ip holders wnat them to be, like DBFZ being a DBZ game 1st but one that can be a competitive 3vs3 fg, and GBFVS being SF more or less.

The only games where they had free reign despite not owning the ips where the Persona games, since it was a deal more in line of what Capcom did with the CVS and MVC series.

4 minutes ago, PVL_93_RU said:

that's nothing more than an assumption

There are educated guesses that one can make when you know how sw development and game development works my dude

Although in that case, is under the assumption that is 8ing doing the work and ASW just publishing, which is not the case.

But leaving that aside, i find hgumorous your position that ASW makes bad balancing, when is not the case at all.

Sounds to me that you are overreacting based on nothing, specially when you with your own example mentioning Jhonny, show that they allow their games rock dumb shit.

And Jhonny want buffed per se, more like his tool set takes extra advantage of how Xrd worked.

He received a lot of nerfs besides the "buffs".

Pretty much like Raven, who was constantly "nerfed" and was still top tier even with all the changes, or Millia.

On all the balance changes they made during Xrd, they buffed all the low tiers, managing to get most of the cast to a more or less even field.

Outside of Answer (who imo went mostly unexplored), the cast was viable, maybe Jack-O was also one of the weaker ones, but i chalk that to her being also not really explored, because on the hands of a good Jack-O player, she was a fucking beast.

Edited by Hecatom
12 minutes ago, PVL_93_RU said:

that's nothing more than an assumption

It's inductive reasoning my boy and it makes more sense than anything else

After xrd changed the game on how fgs look, companies reached out to arcsys to have that style but the games themselves play nothing like other arcsys games. What makes more sense to you, that arcsys does these games with styles radically different from their own games just...because? That they balance them on totally different schedules for no reason (dbfz being annual balance after a while and granblue having balance like a month after every patch)? 

It seems pretty obvious that the same people aren't in control across asw games that aren't their own IP

I figured out a gameplan for grappler once I figured out how canceling works. Specials moves work more like gatling than a traditional cancel. I was able to find some combos. I learned his grabs are better for resets than damage. Landing the dp grab let's me do whatever I went on the knockdown. Neutral MP skill for the easy meaty cross up, use the counter if I think they'll press buttons, just continue pressure as normal. I'm still in the process of figuring out the best gatling routes to use with the specials.

So, while i am not discounting Project L I kinda feel that this game could take away some of the potential player base that the game is trying to reach.

For the little we know, it seems that this game shares the same concept of easy moves a la Smash.

And while Project L has the benefit of the LoL ip, i think that being a team fighter will be a turn off for a lot of players.

Of course, is very likely  that Project L will be free to play, using a similar monetization from LoL.

So that is a factor that at least would entice people to give it a try.

6 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

So, while i am not discounting Project L I kinda feel that this game could take away some of the potential player base that the game is trying to reach.

For the little we know, it seems that this game shares the same concept of easy moves a la Smash.

And while Project L has the benefit of the LoL ip, i think that being a team fighter will be a turn off for a lot of players.

Of course, is very likely  that Project L will be free to play, using a similar monetization from LoL.

So that is a factor that at least would entice people to give it a try.

I very much doubt this game will take anything away from project L. PL drops in 2023 most likely, by then this game will have already peaked in popularity and all that will be left is whoever really really loves it. This game will probably actually sell people who had doubts on whether "easy input" type games could give them the kind of depth they get elsewhere, prepping them to embrace PL if anything.

3 new characters confirmed for DNFD

Ghostblade (m Slayer), Troubleshooter (another Agent), and Mechanic (f Gunner)

Release date is next Summer, so about 7-8 months away to fill out the roster, polish the game up, all that stuff

Pretty safe to say we'll have at least one more beta next year, though there's no telling whether they'll have the full roster again like the current one

I'm expecting another 3-4 characters to be revealed in the coming months, one of whom will be DLC and similarly to Beelz - free for season pass owners/pre-orders

Edited by PVL_93_RU

https://www.twitch.tv/sonic_sol/clip/GoldenAveragePeanutBibleThump-BGx_a19AntUYUsFO

I got the feeling he could've rolled out of that? That doesn't look plus...

https://www.twitch.tv/sonic_sol/clip/WrongFaithfulDonkeyTBTacoLeft-mgVEATuUPQXs4MRD

Blessed combo. 🙏

https://clips.twitch.tv/FaintFineAirGuitarKappaRoss-6KoTzX5mKZmKqURj

This game is so hype bro. Crusader's big body weaknesses starting to show up BAD here tho. If they nerf this character, he's doomed.