Stage Select

DNF Duel - Dungeon Fighter....Fighter from Arc Systems Works!

5 hours ago, Vhozite said:

Is there no way to progress through certain tutorials without an R3 button? My pad doesn’t have that button 😭 

None of my sticks have the R3 button either. You can map that button to whatever you want.

In the controls section just remap whatever function is tied to the R3 button. You will be able to move through the tutorials using the new button you've chosen.  I navigate through the tutorials using L1.

I hope you didn't refund just because of that.  😭

7 hours ago, misterBee said:

None of my sticks have the R3 button either. You can map that button to whatever you want.

In the controls section just remap whatever function is tied to the R3 button. You will be able to move through the tutorials using the new button you've chosen.  I navigate through the tutorials using L1.

I hope you didn't refund just because of that.  😭

Nah I refunded because the game was just dry to to me. Like wholly unexciting to me. 

1 hour ago, Vhozite said:

Nah I refunded because the game was just dry to to me. Like wholly unexciting to me. 

That's unfortunate.

I find it to be one of the more exciting fighting games in years, due to how busted the characters are.

Dealing with some of the bullshit is frustrating though.  🙃

3 minutes ago, Pair of Rooks said:

I just wanna know if the game will still exist in a month.

Games exist as long as people want to play it.  Be like me and play/buy everything. 🙂

2 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

I wish there wasn't such an easy way to bypass most of my characters bullshit

As a fellow former Grappler main I feel your pain. 

Unless you're talking about Launcher...just become a Ranger player instead.  You can join me in not having a single overhead attack.  Poor guy's JUMPING MOVES can be blocked low.  

11 minutes ago, misterBee said:

As a fellow former Grappler main I feel your pain. 

Unless you're talking about Launcher...just become a Ranger player instead.  You can join me in not having a single overhead attack.  Poor guy's JUMPING MOVES can be blocked low.  

I'm talking about grappler. I'm going to drop launcher. She isn't what I expected her to be. I'm going to jump ship to ranger to see if he'll make for a good secondary

17 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

I wish there wasn't such an easy way to bypass most of my characters bullshit

Reminds me when playing HnK against my brother who played with Rei and Toki, while I was using Raoh and Thouther.

It didn't matter how broken those 2 could be when the other 2 were more busted 🤣

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/14/2022 at 10:57 AM, Hawkingbird said:

The hot elf chick has appeared in every character story I've done. Her section only exists to get the characters to the sky tower.

The story flow is kind of similar to all characters, but the characters themselves make each one unique.

Like for example the beef Striker got with Grappler.

11 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Didn't Grappler body her entire school and she's out for revenge or something? 

Yep.

So basically, Grappler's lore in DFO is that his crew/dojo wander around challenging other dojos that are corrupt and take money from people for protection and shit and challenges them. Whoever loses gotta disband the dojo and skidaddle.

So when Striker was a kid, he pulled up to her dojo, bodied the everloving crap out of everyone, and hit them with this.

Striker was naturally salty, so he told her that he'd accept a rematch on some Kill Bill shit.

Striker's entire story seems to be putting in work so she can put hands on him now. That's why her winquote vs him is talking about how she finally got her revenge and his vs her is this:

unknown.png

(Yeah, Yipes got Grappler mods. 🤣 DNF tournaments are mad entertaining.)

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, TWINBLADES said:

This game is kinda poppin on PS4/5 though. I wish we could get those numbers. It's a shame this shit didn't have cross play

Makes sense, Playstation has a large base of players who are into anime games & anime style FGs.  I think DNF duel will have essentially the same life-cycle as Granblue Versus: come out with a bit of hype but quickly flame out and be forgotten by the vast majority; it's a bit too "challenging" for casual fans - which is a death sentence for almost all niche games.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...