Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

36 minutes ago, JHDK said:

Corner cases lie outside of consideration.

They're literally statistical outliers.

And are thus discarded as such.

My guy, you said there was no way anyone was doing that.  I'm just saying there are ways people actually do that.  

Maybe don't talk in absolutes if you only mean things that happen within your idea of bounded statistical norms.

18 minutes ago, Reticently said:

My guy, you said there was no way anyone was doing that.  I'm just saying there are ways people actually do that.  

Maybe don't talk in absolutes if you only mean things that happen within your idea of bounded statistical norms.

Someone else's guy, the context was not being rich.

Those motherfuckers are rich.

Stop being willfully dumb.

18 minutes ago, JHDK said:

the context was not being rich

I don't know what bug crawled up your ass, but you were telling Dayaan there was no way his family experience could exist in the US as if the entire country were some homogenous isoparametric environment.  Excuse us if the facts on the ground disagree with you.

Meanwhile education being in a shitty state is some sort of novel development, and corporate slavery isn't new.  Molly Maguire much?  Homewood riots ever?  Scopes monkey trial?  Shit, the entire structure of the US school day is set up to condition people to work in factory conditions, and summer vacation only exists so that kids would be available to provide free labor in the fields. 

It's been this same shit long before we were born, and looks like it will be going strong long after we make our exits.

19 minutes ago, Reticently said:

summer vacation only exists so that kids would be available to provide free labor in the fields. 

When I was a kid they did a mock election for president during the Bush/Dukakis election at our school, had us go into a voting booth and everything and I remember being undecided until someone said that Dukakis wanted to have school in the summer. I couldn't vote for Bush fast enough, little did I know 😂

2 hours ago, Reticently said:

I don't know what bug crawled up your ass, but you were telling Dayaan there was no way his family experience could exist in the US as if the entire country were some homogenous isoparametric environment.  Excuse us if the facts on the ground disagree with you.

Meanwhile education being in a shitty state is some sort of novel development, and corporate slavery isn't new.  Molly Maguire much?  Homewood riots ever?  Scopes monkey trial?  Shit, the entire structure of the US school day is set up to condition people to work in factory conditions, and summer vacation only exists so that kids would be available to provide free labor in the fields. 

It's been this same shit long before we were born, and looks like it will be going strong long after we make our exits.

You suck at reading, or else are just a condescending asshole, or both.

My money is on both.

Read it again, dipshit.

Try harder this time.

His experience can only exist in America if his life exists within the tiny microcosm of wealth.

The pisspoor "example", which your Sophist ass tosses out, is one of the very definition of wealth and privilege, per its own context.

You literally proved my point.

I do not believe you are that stupid.

You're simply smug without cause.

You are not arguing a coherent point, merely schlepping yourself, hoping nobody notices.

Nobody would, but you are extremely fucking loud and obnoxious about it.

Edited by JHDK
Autie-Korean.
7 minutes ago, JHDK said:

The pisspoor "example", which your Sophist ass tosses out, is one of the very definition of wealth and privilege, per its own context.

If you think being a PhD student is a sign of wealth and privilege, then you are hanging out with very different PhD students than I have- most of whom qualify for food stamps.

But honestly, you keep projecting feckless hostility and spouting needless pseudo-intellectual gibes as if they give you some sense of validation.  Time was I'd keep going back and forth on this, but the truth is  you don't comport yourself like someone who'd be worth the effort.  Ciao. 

I checked out some more of that Van Hellsing show last night... finally we get to see a vamp be truly dangerous in season 2 episode 3 or 4...*spoiler alert for someone who is turned*---- Sam showed up in that school building where some odd group of young people were hanging out....and he terrorized the shit out of them...they opened fire on him in the hallway and it did nothing.  This crazy bastard was having fun, laughing it all off while they eventually just had to run away since firearms were not a big deal to him....see, NOW we're talkin'...this is real deal right here.  They should still have some more power though, like superhuman speed/agility (*like in the CW shows, they move so fast it looks like a blur) at the very least.  It appears he's different since he has fed on a LOT of victims already, and did not start off with animal blood.  He's also clever enough to wear a mask, shades and a hoodie, gloves, etc. while out in the sun so he doesn't burn.  This early part of season 2 also showed an interesting flashback to when one of the high-ranking elite vamps got turned....the guy was a boxer way back in the 1930s, paid off by mob guys to throw the fight...but instead of paying up, they stabbed him in a back alley and left him there to bleed out...that elder vampire showed up later and turned him.  Episode 3 also featured a horrible emotional moment for Vanessa herself.....sheeeitttt, this show has finally turned around and evolved into some good stuff here.... anyway, back at that school with the younger group... Sam is just *one* vamp but he's an absolute monster....this did not end well for that group.  The great thing is that he was a monster even before the turn.... so now he's that much worse.  Heh, I'm loving every minute of this shit now.

...heh, that reminded me just now of a great moment in Originals season 3...when Hayley and Marcel had captured a vamp that went by the moniker "The Red Sorrow"....and Elijah was on the phone like "Ok listen, you should execute him NOW before he wakes up...." because that dude was that serious a threat... he was a former "torture adviser" to Ghengis Khan and turned a long time ago.  Elijah barely got there in time to save their asses from this dude. 

Edited by MillionX

"Who the fuck doesn't have 5 minutes a day for a week or so to sit down with their kid and teach some something like that?"

At one point my mother was working 90 hours a week. She came home, rate the dinner I cooked, went to bed and repeated the next day. Some people are working ridiculous hours, and yea they probably should have a kid in that case, but they do, and saying they shouldn't doesn't fix the problem that they do and don't have the time. I don't have kids because I spent a large part of my childhood helping my mother, and then my father, and then my mother again. 

It's shit and it sucks but the reality of many people's lives. 

I just don’t want kids lol. I personally don’t feel I’d be mentally or emotionally strong enough to deal with everything involving a child whether it be good or bad. I’d just rather avoid it altogether. 

But I also have no issues dating someone with a kid. My ex-fiancé had a 5 yr daughter when we started dating. So...🤷🏼‍♂️

Edited by iStu X
12 minutes ago, iStu X said:

I just don’t want kids lol. I personally don’t feel I’d be mentally or emotionally strong enough to deal with everything involving a child whether it be good or bad. I’d just rather avoid it altogether. 

But I also have no issues dating someone with a kid. So...🤷🏼‍♂️

Being aware you aren't parent material is extremely mature and self aware. Dont let anyone convince you otherwise.

Edited by RSG3
5 hours ago, Reticently said:

If you think being a PhD student is a sign of wealth and privilege, then you are hanging out with very different PhD students than I have- most of whom qualify for food stamps.

But honestly, you keep projecting feckless hostility and spouting needless pseudo-intellectual gibes as if they give you some sense of validation.  Time was I'd keep going back and forth on this, but the truth is  you don't comport yourself like someone who'd be worth the effort.  Ciao. 

You're an unmitigated narcissistic cunt.

You impress nobody.

Bye, Fellatio.

2 minutes ago, scorp said:

Yes, the bar is set very low.

Even so, id bet there are more countries where gay marriage is illegal and not recognized than otherwise. The US is extremely secular compared to most of the world too. It's not the 50s anymore. 

Edited by DoctaMario
1 minute ago, scorp said:

I honestly think it could do a lot better.

Everywhere could do a lot better but that takes time. There's always improvement that can be made anywhere, and I think people who expect change overnight and who don't account for progress made are unrealistic and are mad that the world of reality doesn't match up to the world in their head canon.

Edited by DoctaMario
1 minute ago, DoctaMario said:

Everywhere could do a lot better but that takes time. There's always improvement that can be made anywhere, and I think people who expect change overnight and who don't account for progress made are unrealistic and are mad that the world of reality doesn't match up to the world in their head canon.

I think it's also a result due to the large population, lot of enclaves are going to still be hardcore fundamentalists just due to isolation from common sense.

5 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

I love kielbasa and I'm Catholic. 

If only I wasn't brown, they would probably love me over in Warsaw.

Yea but you also don't compare gay and trans people to nazis and pedophiles.

It's extremism over there.

"Family Yes! Depravity No!"

49980900_403.jpg

GettyImages-1161095145-scaled.jpg

And on the PRO-LGBT side... You can see how religious items are always used in Poland lol

3000.jpeg

Edited by scorp
48 minutes ago, scorp said:

I think it's also a result due to the large population, lot of enclaves are going to still be hardcore fundamentalists just due to isolation from common sense.

Eh, I dunno. People who I see shitting on religious folks are often on their own special brand of bullshit, that isn't exclusive to the religious. To me, gay marriage is a constitutional issue. Denying them the ability to get married means they're denied privileges that married people get for being married and that's unconstitutional. 

Edited by DoctaMario
2 hours ago, scorp said:

Just like gay marriage, the overly religious United States will eventually catch up to the rest of the world.

To be honest, I like the direction where the US is slowly going from the "pro" perspective from my community due to past child abuse from my religious family. So, I see this as simple revenge. And, if their religious liberty is being after attack by what others see as an agenda, then they reap what they sow.

However, acknowledge that known religious people in the past were brilliant minds when it came to science. In this day of age, I just don't think a belief in something is needed anymore, due to how far we've came in science.