Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

1 hour ago, DoctaMario said:

f anything, the bunch of redditors that shorted GameStop's stock prompted a bigger reaction from the Fed and people in government than guys like Jamie Dimon

Well, 2008 got us the Dodd-Frank banking regulation overhaul act, which put back in a number of the banking regulation safety nets that Reagan got rid of in the 1980s.  Whereas Gamestop has gotten us, I think, one hearing in Congress (correct me if I'm wrong, I totally haven't followed all the details on that story).

And yeah- there's more enthusiasm for going after Capitol stormers (even allowing for how much more recent that was).  But it's kind of an apples and oranges comparison- Stormers have this huge social media footprint about having been out there criming, and Wall St crooks do their shady shit on the down low, and often in ways that try to skirt around the technical edge of being legal/illegal.  Yeah, there are a bunch of people from that that should be brought to justice and won't.  But it isn't like that's because politicians are to occupied prosecuting other dumb shit.

At the end of the day I don't really know- I don't want to be defending politicians on anything, but I feel like 2008 at least got us changes that make the same thing a little less likely to happen again.  All the Capitol storming will have changed is whether or not a few dozen people have to plea bargain for like parole and time served.  And Gamestop is still kind of on-going, but I'm not sure it'll lead to any real structural changes except maybe short sellers will now buy insurance policies against acts of meme.

I think once I get my second COVID shot next month I’m going to start looking for a job. I don’t feel 100% comfortable with going back to work but I do feel way better about it than I did when we had nothing. 

I’d like to stay local out of laziness. Thankfully my small town has a lot of places I can apply that also isn’t fast food. Walgreens, CVS, Hotels, local grocery stores, cell phone carriers, etc. 

I also just having so much extra paper in my account than just having to live off my disability. 

Edited by iStu X
5 minutes ago, iStu X said:

I think once I get my second COVID shot next month I’m going to start looking for a job. I don’t feel 100% comfortable with going back to work but I do feel way better about it than I did when we had nothing. 

I’d like to stay local out of laziness. Thankfully my small town has a lot of places I can apply that also isn’t fast food. Walgreens, CVS, Hotels, local grocery stores, cell phone carriers, etc. 

I also just having so much extra paper in my account than just having to live off my disability. 

That's cool.  Depending on what your disability is and how it is being paid out, make sure to see how having a job will affect your disability payout.  sometimes you can have a job without it being affected, and sometimes the second you get a paycheck they try to take out some or all of your disability despite it not having gone away or getting any better.  

10 minutes ago, Deadly_Raver said:

That's cool.  Depending on what your disability is and how it is being paid out, make sure to see how having a job will affect your disability payout.  sometimes you can have a job without it being affected, and sometimes the second you get a paycheck they try to take out some or all of your disability despite it not having gone away or getting any better.  

I’m aware. I ran into that issues in 2019 cause I worked too much in 2018. Despite social security telling me I was absolutely fine. I went the first 6 months of 2019 with virtually no income. Which was due to having so much “back pay” on my disability on top of being sick and not being medically cleared to return to Walmart until July.

I only plan on working part time anyways. I’m going to purposely make my availability Friday and Weekends. Those are the days people are always wanting to fill cause no one wants them. all of my friends have their days off in the middle of the week. So it works on that end too. 

Edited by iStu X
42 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

And then you can find a hoe wearing a Pikachu costume  to go balls deep in?

I mean....yes but also no? I think being more financially stable will increase my confidence a bit, sure. Especially once my credit cards are paid off. 

However, I have no real inklings of getting into a romantic relationship right now. Despite all my progress I’ve made I still feel most days I’ve regressed so much in so many different ways from who I was proud to be that I’m not ready for that kinda thing. I still wanna get better and be better before I show someone who I am in that kinda way.

I want to feel that’s it’s okay to be me again. 

I know that was a much deeper answer than it needed to be but here we are. 

Edited by iStu X
1 hour ago, Reticently said:

And yeah- there's more enthusiasm for going after Capitol stormers (even allowing for how much more recent that was).  But it's kind of an apples and oranges comparison- Stormers have this huge social media footprint about having been out there criming, and Wall St crooks do their shady shit on the down low, and often in ways that try to skirt around the technical edge of being legal/illegal.  Yeah, there are a bunch of people from that that should be brought to justice and won't.  But it isn't like that's because politicians are to occupied prosecuting other dumb shit.

It IS apples & oranges. The apples decimated the economy in various parts of the world with their ego & hubris, the oranges are just some people the political class wants to make an example of, people with no power whatsoever compared to the heads of some of the most powerful financial institutions in the world. And yet the oranges were treated like more of a serious threat that congress has been trying to overhaul domestic terror regulations, whereas the 2008 crisis got us a bill that was designed for a banking system that didn't even exist anymore by the time it passed. 

Edited by DoctaMario
5 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

And yet they often have more impact on the country as a whole especially 2008. Seems funny that they'd be forgotten given that, no?

Reminds me of how  Itallian mobsters are seen in a different light than  black street gangs. Even though they're both harmful to society. The former shaking down business owners. Who then have to cut wages to make up for the loss. But all the employees see is a greedy boss. 

While the street gangs are pointing a gun in your face robbing you. Or selling drugs in the area. Which is right in your face. 

27 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

Rook ? (New Protectobot character)

cwrooklm.jpg

Possibly close.

I think it boils down to the angle of attachment, giving off the illusion of the outer taper being ever so slightly less, and a tad bit higher.

Can't make it too Knanklet, you know.

EDIT:

Would it be Knanklet?

Or Knalf?

Either would be Naff, for Shaft.

Edited by JHDK
1 hour ago, BB_Hoody said:

Reminds me of how  Itallian mobsters are seen in a different light than  black street gangs. Even though they're both harmful to society. The former shaking down business owners. Who then have to cut wages to make up for the loss. But all the employees see is a greedy boss. 

While the street gangs are pointing a gun in your face robbing you. Or selling drugs in the area. Which is right in your face. 

The Italian mob stuff is romanticized because it all but doesn't exist anymore and it's a lot easier to romanticize something you don't see on the news in your own time, whereas we can see the effects of black street gangs in real time. Movies like the Godfather helped too, because even though he did a lot of bad stuff, Vito Corleone is at heart a good guy who was discriminated against and was just trying to feed his family. But I think Sopranos is probably closer to the truth especially in the latter 20th century. 

It might sound cringy but watching The Wire made me see black street gangs in a new light. I've read stories about actual guys who live that life who are brilliant people when you hear how they run their business, and it's a legit shame that those smarts aren't being put to better use. 

Edited by DoctaMario

ha, so I am finally checking out that Columbus shooting... funny how that 1 guy on the sidewalk was yelling "SHE JUST A KID, MAN!"...and I think this was the same dude I just saw kicking the other girl in the back while she was on the ground when the officer showed up. 🤣

Also, it's going to be really hard for people to reasonably defend the shooting victim on this one... she had the knife out and was about to stab the shit out of the other person in literally the next second or 2.  C'mon now... you're about to stab someone, and the cop is right there, you're about to get shot then.

9 minutes ago, MillionX said:

ha, so I am finally checking out that Columbus shooting... funny how that 1 guy on the sidewalk was yelling "SHE JUST A KID, MAN!"...and I think this was the same dude I just saw kicking the other girl in the back while she was on the ground when the officer showed up. 🤣

Also, it's going to be really hard for people to reasonably defend the shooting victim on this one... she had the knife out and was about to stab the shit out of the other person in literally the next second or 2.  C'mon now... you're about to stab someone, and the cop is right there, you're about to get shot then.

Imo the adults there failed that kid. Because at the end of the day. She is a kid. She was being bullied. And wanted to make her bullies suffer. I've been there and felt that rage. But the adults in her life should've stepped in and not let things escalate to that point.

Whoever was her parents/guardian. Should've had her go in the house, and they should've handled the situation. Why she was allowed to go grab a knife from the house and charge at people with it is beyond me.

But me? People ain't gonna come to my house to fight my child. My child will stay in the house. I'm calling police. And if need be. I'll be the one out there facing them. 

12 minutes ago, MillionX said:

pretty much this.

She just a kid?  He should Tell that to whomever called the cops on her.  On top of that, there were apparently more people fighting than just those two.  This is the part(s) that kills me, no pun intended.......

1:  They called the cops on a kid.  Are you telling me they couldn't handle an angry kid?

2: They call the cops murderers.  So they set a murderer on a child?  

3:  Where were her parents?  

Just a few things I usually wonder when these situations pop up.

2 minutes ago, Deadly_Raver said:

pretty much this.

She just a kid?  He should Tell that to whomever called the cops on her.  On top of that, there were apparently more people fighting than just those two.  This is the part(s) that kills me, no pun intended.......

1:  They called the cops on a kid.  Are you telling me they couldn't handle an angry kid?

2: They call the cops murderers.  So they set a murderer on a child?  

3:  Where were her parents?  

Just a few things I usually wonder when these situations pop up.

That's the thing. The argument is that not only was the girl that got shot the one that called the cops, but the cop that shot her didn't even try to diffuse the situation. He basically just showed up and started blasting. Now granted, maybe he didn't get a chance to as the girl was on the verge of doing her best Kano impression. I don't know the full story so I can't give a full analysis. However, as a cop, the use of a firearm is only supposed to be used when no other options are available, and with him shooting her four times and yelling out Blue Lives Matter afterward, it kind of paints a negative narrative of his intent. Only time will tell how this all plays out, but with how things have been going on with recent events, I wouldn't be surprised if this doesn't bode well for him.

P.S. On a whole different account, @Darc_Requiemas promised, I ordered your book and it came into the mail last night.

That kid was fighting adults tho, whom she called the cops on. Adults have no business fighting children let alone jumping them. I put alot of the blame on the adults, who failed to stop that shit before it got to the point of weapons being drawn. Her blood is definitely on their hands as well

EDIT: Wow, he said BLM after popping her 4 times? Disgusting, that's a detail I did not know til now 

Edited by HD-Man
15 minutes ago, Makrow said:

That's the thing. The argument is that not only was the girl that got shot the one that called the cops, but the cop that shot her didn't even try to diffuse the situation. He basically just showed up and started blasting. Now granted, maybe he didn't get a chance to as the girl was on the verge of doing her best Kano impression. I don't know the full story so I can't give a full analysis. However, as a cop, the use of a firearm is only supposed to be used when no other options are available, and with him shooting her four times and yelling out Blue Lives Matter afterward, it kind of paints a negative narrative of his intent. Only time will tell how this all plays out, but with how things have been going on with recent events, I wouldn't be surprised if this doesn't bode well for him.

P.S. On a whole different account, @Darc_Requiemas promised, I ordered your book and it came into the mail last night.

...................................The cop yelled,"Blue lives matter?" 

I'll bet all the moneys on,"Things that didn't happen" Alex.

EDIT:  Also, where can I find this book you're talking about?  I'd like to see what's up and if possible show some support to Darc_Requiem.

Edited by Deadly_Raver

ohhh yes, my girl Lala (Anthony) posted something in support of this girl that was shot....so OF COURSE I must check out the long list of comments and replies....haha you know this is bound to get juicy REAL fast. 

post popcorn GIF

Another weekend started off just right... I had my pizza yesterday; deep dish of course... History channel showed the Ancient Aliens marathon; I fall asleep and wake up to see that dude selling collectible coins before they go back to regular programming with Swamp People this morning (this new girl with the nickname "Pickle" is quite the cute one... certainly wouldn't mind huntin' some gators with her, stealing glimpses at that cute ass whenever she bends over)...and then I have to get back into some Outriders and Gears 5 a little later....and that reminds me; I'd love to have seen the honest reaction of Cliffy B. and anyone else who had a hand in creating the original Gears of War games....when they saw that trailer for "A New Day" being added to Gears 5....the most silly, fruity-looking, brightly colored characters anyone has ever seen in a shooter...I guarantee you at least some of them were like "WHAT the hell is THIS?  What are they doing?!"  

For those that don't know, check this Fortnite-looking nonsense out.... now does this really fit what Gears is supposed to be....really?

*note---I've seen another player with one of these characters exactly ONE time....just once. 😆  That MaCauly Culkin-looking character that most people hated from the Terminator Dark Fate movie... I've at least seen her a couple of times....so even she beats them in terms of being an appealing character, apparently....hahaha that's sad.

Edited by MillionX

Ive seen a few videos of the shooting and havent heard Blue Lives Matter said at all. Anyoje got video of that?

Anyway cop showed up and shouted 3 times to put the weapon down and she ignored him and attacked her attacker. That gets you shot. Sorry but it does. Everyone in that situation except the cop (from what I have seen) fucked up that whole interaction. And hell yea the adults failed since those adults where there to harm her. 

The whole situation is completely fucked. 

I'm not up on the exact details of how it went down, but it sounds to me like maybe the people fighting the kid should be up for manslaughter.

Kids don't have fully developed capacity to be reasonable, obviously- it's why we don't let them do adult shit.  So if a grownup deliberately winds a kid up to the point they put themselves in danger, that's on the grownup.  Regardless of whether the cop was in the right (which admittedly also needs to be looked at under a microscope).

Edited by Reticently
On 4/23/2021 at 9:11 AM, BB_Hoody said:

I've seen several people make the "Why not just shoot her in the arm or leg?" argument. I use to make that argument until I went to a gun range and shot a gun. Most people who make that argument never fired a gun at a stationary target. Let alone a wildly moving target attempting to kill someone.

I was talking to my mom about this and she made an excellent point that I hadn't considered. People's views have been skewed by all these TV shows that shows people shooting people in the arm, leg, hand, etc. with ease. Doing something like that would be in the realm of the elite of elite marksman. The average everyday cop isn't going to be capable of this. You shoot center mass because your round is more likely to land.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
10 minutes ago, Makrow said:

Does anyone have access to the full body cam footage? I've mostly been going off what I've seen and heard, but it would probably be better if I get a full view of everything with my own eyes.

@Deadly_RaverThe book is called Chronicles of Elos: The Shattered Facade of Ehlesia

Thank you sir.  we'll soon see what the chronicles say.

As far as bodycam footage, I doubt we'll see that for another week or so.  If he was even wearing one and if things get bad really quick we may see it sooner.

Why a cop shooting a person that is about to stab another person in the face/neck is controversial is beyond me. Not every police shooting is a miscarriage of justice. This isn't that pieces of shit Michael Slager that shot an unarmed guy, that was running away from him, in the the back nine times and dropped taser beside the body to cover his ass. Thankfully this was recorded of that pyschopath would still be on the streets.. This is a cop showing and having one of two choices A) shoot a knife wielding hooligan or B) Watch her stab and kill someone. Only choice is A. Dude is hero, he saved a life, WTF.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
14 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Why a white cop shooting a black person is controversial is beyond me.

This is why. You have an entire movement going around centered around the unlawful killing of black people by cops (which is a legit issue even if the organization is not), you just had the traumatic death of George Floyd that incited a global protest, and right when the cop responsible is convicted of what he did, you get yet another story of someone black being killed by a cop. It doesn't matter if the cop did so to save the life of another. At the end of the day, a white cop killed someone black and that's all the media is going to mention, and until more information comes out, that's the story they will stick to. 

26 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Why a cop shooting a person that is about to stab another person in the face/neck is controversial is beyond me. Not every police shooting is a miscarriage of justice. This isn't that pieces of shit Michael Slager that shot an unarmed guy, that was running away from him, in the the back nine times and dropped taser beside the body to cover his ass. Thankfully this was recorded of that pyschopath would still be on the streets.. This is a cop showing and having one of two choices A) shoot a knife wielding hooligan or B) Watch her stab and kill someone. Only choice is A. Dude is hero, he saved a life, WTF.

Hey hey hey, everything cops do is wrong and racist even when it's not! Stop going off book, we've got a narrative to keep going here and if we have you continuing to interject your sensible takes in here it's going to mess it up for everyone! 😤

1 minute ago, DoctaMario said:

Hey hey hey, everything cops do is wrong and racist even when it's not! Stop going off book, we've got a narrative to keep going here and if we have you continuing to interject your sensible takes in here it's going to mess it up for everyone! 😤

People need to stop "falling for the trap." The best way to ensure no one pays attention to real incidents of misconduct is to turn every incident into misconduct so people just stop paying attention.

17 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

People need to stop "falling for the trap." The best way to ensure no one pays attention to real incidents of misconduct is to turn every incident into misconduct so people just stop paying attention.

That's true. I don't think anyone would argue that black folks and cops have a tenuous history or that there aren't racist/bad cops, but the stats don't support this narrative that black folks are being "hunted" by cops. And yet almost every major city in the country was burned last year because people who benefit from pushing that narrative won't let facts get in the way of getting what they want. We're all about the facts until they disagree with what we want to be true unfortunately. 

EDIT: You can thumb me down all you want @HD-Manbut if you look up the stats on the issue, there's a difference between the tale the stats tell and what we're told. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ That's all I'm saying.

Edited by DoctaMario

What IS your deal with us black folk Docta? You seem to always have ALOT to say about us whenever the topic presents itself. And where's this "data" you got? Cuz if I'm not mistaken, the police were originally formed to capture runaway slaves, so there is definitely a theme of law enforcement hunting us

Speak freely, I'll try to keep an open mind 🤔

Edited by HD-Man

@DoctaMarioMy main  issues are the level of force used so equivalent incidents/situations. I can see white people wrestle with cops, shots cops, etc. and get apprehended alive. Meanwhile unarmed people that look like me get ventilated during a traffic stop.  The second is the utter lack of accountability. This fosters, in my view, and warranted distrust of law enforcement. If you get caught on camera planting evidence you should be canned and prosecuted.

https://atlantablackstar.com/2020/03/20/nypd-officer-still-has-a-job-even-though-he-was-caught-planting-weed-on-two-innocent-men-in-separate-incidents/

Dude gets caught planting evidence twice on camera, gets investigated by the NYPD, they find "no evidence" of wrong doing, and so nothing happens to him. 

4 minutes ago, AYO?! said:

Darkman is such a weird film. Got some top tier actors doing some crazy killing shit or yelling about pink elephants. Needed more Bruce Campbell and Ted Raimi though.

That was one of my dad's favorite movies. He liked it so much, he had DARKMAN, on his license plate. It's the major reason I have "Darc" in my name. After my dad and I squashed our beef. I got DARCMAN on my plates as a way to show we were all good. 

1 minute ago, Darc_Requiem said:

That was one of my dad's favorite movies. He liked it so much, he had DARKMAN, on his license plate. It's the major reason I have "Darc" in my name. After my dad and I squashed our beef. I got DARCMAN on my plates as a way to show we were all good. 

That's a pretty sweet story honestly. I bonded with my Dad over Horror films early on so it is something that has stuck around and makes a good way to start a conversation with him. 

59 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

What IS your deal with us black folk Docta? You seem to always have ALOT to say about us whenever the topic presents itself. And where's this "data" you got? Cuz if I'm not mistaken, the police were originally formed to capture runaway slaves, so there is definitely a theme of law enforcement hunting us

Speak freely, I'll try to keep an open mind 🤔

I'm not gonna take you seriously coming at me like this. But I will say that there's plenty of fbi data that debunks a lot of things we're told on the issue. If you're interested, you should look it up, I don't have time to gather it right now. 

3 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

I'm not gonna take you seriously coming at me like this. But I will say that there's plenty of fbi data that debunks a lot of things we're told on the issue. If you're interested, you should look it up, I don't have time to gather it right now. 

Make time to gather it or hush, burden of proof is on you, you spouted that. You come with these hot takes, should be able to back it up with data🤷🏾‍♂️

And of course the FBI would want you think that black ppl aren't ever targets. They totally had no hand is killing hella black leaders that could potentially put ppl of color in a prosperous position...oh wait... 

Edited by HD-Man
29 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

@DoctaMarioMy main  issues are the level of force used so equivalent incidents/situations. I can see white people wrestle with cops, shots cops, etc. and get apprehended alive. Meanwhile unarmed people that look like me get ventilated during a traffic stop.  The second is the utter lack of accountability. This fosters, in my view, and warranted distrust of law enforcement. If you get caught on camera planting evidence you should be canned and prosecuted.

https://atlantablackstar.com/2020/03/20/nypd-officer-still-has-a-job-even-though-he-was-caught-planting-weed-on-two-innocent-men-in-separate-incidents/

Dude gets caught planting evidence twice on camera, gets investigated by the NYPD, they find "no evidence" of wrong doing, and so nothing happens to him. 

The data I've seen says that whites are more likely to be killed/shot, but that black suspects are much more likely to get roughed up, cuffed, excessive force, etc.  Unions protect shitty cops and if that cop's numbers are good (and of course planting evidence to make specious arrests stick makes the numbers better) then it makes it even more difficult to get rid of them. I'm hoping that a lot of this makes it easier to get rid of guys like that because that's a problem for everyone regardless of race.