Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

Different Strokes is on again---ok I'll admit as this is reminding me... I did indeed have a big crush on Dana Plato back then.  There were some episodes where she was HOT imo....she wore tight pants often, and the butt and thighs were kinda serious when she got older.  This would of course be short-lived since it wasn't that much longer before Who's the Boss would start and introduce me to the legendary honeypot Alyssa Milano. (+ Facts of Life being on around the same time; Blair and Jo were even better)... Alyssa was a 10 of 10s for me; she was on another level.

...sheeitttt. this thinking of Dana just reminded me... I have Night Trap on the Switch but I still haven't played that "game" just yet....I may dig into that sometime over the weekend if I can tear myself away from Outriders and Gears for a minute.

ha, there was a short time back in the day when I thought those "games" were the future, just because they used live actors...achieving that ultimate realism in presentation.  Of course it soon hit me what the obvious limitation with that design concept is.  

13 hours ago, JHDK said:

No matter WHAT you may think of him, there needs to be heavy futures betting on the exact magnitude of "completely fucked up his newest son, X AE A-XII, is going to turn out.

Because his name is fucking X AE A-XII.

Like, first name X, middle name AE A-XII.

Space included.

Malcom wept.

And K9999 doesn't hate himself quite so much anymore.

Plot Twist: Him saying his name unlocks Evangelion Unit-01's infinite mode.  He'll probably find it out on his 15th birthday.

"At one point, Samsel tells the student, “You’re about ready to anger me and get the wrath of God. Do you believe me when I tell you that God has been speaking to me?” He then pushes him, and the student runs to the other side of the classroom.

“You should run and scream.”

In another video, he tells students, “Class, you have permission to kick him in the balls.”

Parents told The Star that Samsel “put hands on the student” and allegedly kneed him in the crotch. In a video apparently taken immediately after the incident, the student is shown on the ground. Samsel is standing over him and says, “did it hurt?”

He then asks him why he is about to start crying, pats him on the shoulder and apologizes, and then says he can “go to the nurse, she can check it for you.”

Samsel addresses another student and says, “do you want to check his nuts for him, please?”"

Edited by Reticently

it's MST3k time again, folks

Damn you, Youtube for being so good!  I was *just* about to get back on Outriders or Gears 5...then glanced at the home page and noticed this + a new VTM-related video, and a new Diablo-related podcast episode is up... it's just never-ending, man...

Edited by MillionX

In about 20 minutes I’ll have some delicious balsamic marinaded baked chicken. 

It also has olive oil and then for herbs it’s just dried oregano, minced garlic, dried basil, salt and pepper. Let it marinade for at least an hour (or up to 12). Bake at 425 for 20 minutes and let it rest for 5 before cutting into it.

Oh, and before putting in the oven spray each side very lightly with cooking spray so the marinade doesn’t bleed out of it while baking 

83F60A1A-E757-4130-8F19-DF2EED3D1E02.jpeg

Edited by iStu X
6 minutes ago, iStu X said:

I’m about 20 minutes I’ll have some delicious balsamic marinaded baked chicken. 

It also has olive oil and then for herbs it’s just dried oregano, minced garlic, dried basil, salt and pepper. Let it marinade for at least an hour (or up to 12). Bake at 425 for 20 minutes and let it rest for 5 before cutting into it.

Oh, and before putting in the oven spray each side very lightly with cooking spray so the marinade doesn’t bleed out of it while baking 

83F60A1A-E757-4130-8F19-DF2EED3D1E02.jpeg

I had hit quote to copy this down, but I hit submit reply to give you more love.

I was just perusing the sales on PSN, and saw a game name "Suicide Guy", which made me wonder...

...who all here, besides Stu and Million, remembers Suicide Girls?

They were pretty much the advent garde of current day Only Fans shenanigans.

EDIT:

Holy shit!

Horizon Zero Dawn is FREE on Play at Home.

Like, the Complete Edition.

The soundtrack, and everything.

Edited by JHDK
9 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

I'm going sneaker shopping today. Now that I'm a dad it's ok to rock the white New Balance yeah? I hear they're super comfortable. They even have some with Velcro straps- how cool is that?!

Dude, I ALWAYS rocked the white New Balance.

...at the gym.

Ain't no way Imma do an hour and a half of heavy lifting, much less an hour of cardio in anything less than a 4E Wide.

That shit ain't  happenin'.

Comfort > aesthetics.

Might as well tie up my balls like a bull before a matador match, or something.

TL;DR:

Yeah - Run DMC that shit down.

Edited by JHDK
1 minute ago, AriesWarlock said:

Don't we all watch someone else play something on TV at some point?

We watch Bill Maher playing with himself all the time.

Too much mental masturbation on-cam for Twitch NOT to hard ban him.

And I agree with 85% of his talking points.

But it is patently apparent HE doesn't.

2 hours ago, JHDK said:

We watch Bill Maher playing with himself all the time.

Too much mental masturbation on-cam for Twitch NOT to hard ban him.

And I agree with 85% of his talking points.

But it is patently apparent HE doesn't.

You all are idiots. Bill Maher is amazing. He's such an excellent human being. Don't you know why? He's giving the us the answers to all of our problems... for free! What a swell guy.

Next time you feel existentially challenged, why not ask him? He has all the answers!

Spoiler

If it's not evident, I am being sarcastic. See the Roseanne joke with Norm Macdonald on his show.

Busy few days coming up. 

Monday: Doctors appointment and then running errands most the afternoon

Tuesday: Cooking and baking all day for a friends party on Wednesday. A friend is coming over that night to help me decorate for said birthday party

Wednesday: Getting my second injection of COVID-5G followed by said friends birthday party almost immediately after 

Thankfully that’s kinda where the week peters out. I’ll probably take my mom out to lunch for Mother’s Day if she’s feeling up to it. Her arthritis has been bothering her a lot this week. Thankfully she’s seeing a new arthritis doctor on Tuesday. 

oh, and somewhere in-between that I’m gonna order flowers for my sister for Mother’s Day. 

Edited by iStu X

First time making pickled onions. They are one of my favorite sandwich add ons but only enjoyed them when I went out.  I've been trying to level up my cooking game and realized these are insanely easy to make. 

IBI0KF_qU5tlUQw4bdTRNQTRfQdgv4jdLriSd0i1

Ingredients

• One large red onion
  • 2 cups of water
  • 1 1/2 cups of vinegar (I used 1 cup of white and 1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar)
  • 3 tbsp of salt
  • 2 tbsp of sugar (Optional- See below)

DIrections

1. Cut onion and place into a glass jar 
  2. In a saucepan, mix all ingredients together and get to a boil
  3. Pour the liquid over the onions
  4. Have the onions cool to room temperature uncovered. Once done, cover and throw in the fridge. It'll turn bright pink in a couple hours
  5. Enjoy

Notes - 

Depending on the size of your container may yield some leftover liquid. The ingredients are cheap so rather have a bit more than not enough.  

Sugar doesn't add anything for pickling, it's more of a taste preference. I wanted some sweetness, but not too sweet. I may go for 3 next time just to see what the difference is. 

Next time I may do white vinegar all the way through. The apple cider variety does give it a little "bite". 

These should last in the fridge for a couple weeks. 

Edited by OPTIMUS124
27 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

Got my second covid shot today and have my trip scheduled to go visit my grandma, buuuuut, woke to news that she fell and broke her hip last night. So hopefully I actually get to see her this time 😕

Grandmothers can be irreplaceable too. I remember she took me in when I was homeless at one point of my life. Being robbed of a childhood relationship with her from confusion and lies being told about her, it's better late than never when I was in my early 30s, realizing that. With the alarming underlining conditions she has similar to vital ones that my deceased mother had, it's imperative to enjoy her company while she's still here and salvage good memories of that. 

I never thought I would ever be big on family (at least half the lot of them) in more recent times, but during the pandemic, it seems like people can change after all, and referencing life as short/non-promising to live the next day. I'm not complaining. ^_^

Edited by Emptyeyes

Doctor appointment went well. I’ve been kinda lapsing in my diet so my A1C is a little higher than it should be but nothing that can’t be brought down relatively easily. 

funnily enough, despite that I’ve lost 30 pounds since January. So that’s cool. I wanna keep it going and be under 250 by summers end. So I asked my doctor to reassign me a dietician. Gotta get my shonen training arc on. 

Im making chicken fajitas tonight for dinner. That’ll be bomb. Also I’m straight up stealing that pickled onion recipe cause despite hating everything vinegar I fucking love onions and pickled onions on a sandwich is chefs kiss 

Edited by iStu X
28 minutes ago, iStu X said:

Doctor appointment went well. I’ve been kinda lapsing in my diet so my A1C is a little higher than it should be but nothing that can’t be brought down relatively easily. 

funnily enough, despite that I’ve lost 30 pounds since January. So that’s cool. I wanna keep it going and be under 250 by summers end. So I asked my doctor to reassign me a dietician. Gotta get my shonen training arc in.

Im making chicken fajitas tonight for dinner. That’ll be bomb. Also I’m straight up stealing that pickled onion recipe cause despite hating everything vinegar I fucking love onions and pickled onions on a sandwich is chefs kiss 

What kinds of things have you been eating they have helped you lose the weight?

7 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

What kinds of things have you been eating they have helped you lose the weight?

No fucking clue. I haven’t actively been trying to lose weight. I got depressed about my weight cause it felt like nothing was working. I stuck to my diet more or less but yeah, wasn’t actively trying. So I was super surprised I even lost any; let alone 30lb. 

lots of protein and fiber I guess? I don’t really do red meat. Uh, portion control helps too. As does spacing out your meals. Cutting out fruit helps a lot too. 

my diet is essentially Keto but tweaked a little due to my heart defect. 

Edited by iStu X
52 minutes ago, iStu X said:

No fucking clue. I haven’t actively been trying to lose weight. I got depressed about my weight cause it felt like nothing was working. I stuck to my diet more or less but yeah, wasn’t actively trying. So I was super surprised I even lost any; let alone 30lb. 

lots of protein and fiber I guess? I don’t really do red meat. Uh, portion control helps too. As does spacing out your meals. Cutting out fruit helps a lot too. 

my diet is essentially Keto but tweaked a little due to my heart defect. 

Man, I love fruit 😞  Is fruit pretty bad for weight? And what kinds of proteins do you eat?

Edited by DoctaMario
1 hour ago, DoctaMario said:

Man, I love fruit 😞  Is fruit pretty bad for weight? And what kinds of proteins do you eat?

I do too but The way fruit has been cultivated and bred for the last few decades they’re basically pure sugar now. It’s not that they don’t have anything good in them (like bananas are still healthy to a degree, same with apples) but a lot of the time the natural sugar content they have just doesn’t make it worth it. Strawberries would be a good example of something you should stay away from. 

it’s honestly a moderation thing. 

As for proteins I mainly eat poultry and fish. I’ve never been a huge red meat fan. Same with pork. Tuna is super good for you. It’s pure protein plus it has tons of vitamins and minerals in it that help metabolism and digestion. 

Eggs are the same way because it’s protein a long with the type of cholesterol you want. 

Edited by iStu X

another episode of Bewitched is on... still 1st season, episode 7 "The Witches Are Out".... the powers, man... at this point, Darren still doesn't know Sam is a witch, actually.  Here again she and her aunts show off some impressive powers... it looks like they invaded the dreams of this guy that was over some ad campaign pertaining to witches, since they took offense to the traditional cartoon depiction of witches (old and fat with unkempt hair and an ugly face and pointy hat 😆)... they just appeared out of thin air in his room... I think it's still a dream sequence because of how this was shot.  Anyway, Sam was able to have him suddenly in front of a firing squad like he was about to be executed.  Haha I'm enjoying this more than I expected to, actually... at first I only checked out Bewitched on occasion because she's so damn hot, but it's a genuinely entertaining show too.

....but DAMN this girl was such a smoke-show back then.  I'm curious as to where people stand in terms of the 2 infamous magical ladies back then----who was hotter?

Samantha from Bewitched

Jeanie from I Dream of Jeanie

Seeing these early episodes more recently, it's quite a tough call for me.  I also had a big crush on Jeanie when I was a kid, watching that show whenever it was on via syndication...that sexy djinn/genie outfit was a plus.  She also continued to be hot for a LONG time... even as an old woman she was gorgeous, imo.  ...but Elizabeth Montgomery was obviously some serious competition.  Currently I'm leaning in favor of Samantha here.

Edit---back on the issue of powers... earlier in this episode, Sam's aunts were shown to have the ability to casually "phase" through a wall like ghosts as they were leaving.

edit--ha, this episode that's on now; (#8 of s1) has Darrin interviewed by a girl from the local high school newspaper...of course Sam's getting jealous and generally not cool with the situation since the girl is hot AND seems to be enamored with Darrin. 

edit 3---I also wondered why they eventually got a new guy to be Darrin on this show... and this link popped up from Biography:

https://www.biography.com/news/dick-york-bewitched-replacement 

Edited by MillionX
1 hour ago, iStu X said:

As for proteins I mainly eat poultry and fish. I’ve never been a huge red meat fan. Same with pork. Tuna is super good for you. It’s pure protein plus it has tons of vitamins and minerals in it that help metabolism and digestion. 

What about bacon? Is bacon good for you?👀 Because I love bacon.