Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

22 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

What about bacon? Is bacon good for you?👀 Because I love bacon.

Personally I don’t really care for pork bacon. It’s so salty. Turkey bacon is fine though. 

The only time I go out of my way to use pork bacon is for fresh (fuck canned) green beans and asparagus. The pork fat helps enhance the flavors of those greens. Same with kale, spinach and obviously collard greens. 

Edited by iStu X

3 hours ago, KingTubb said:

We always have some in the fridge, my wife is always pickling onions. 

A must have in our house

Listen, if I would have known it was that easy, I'd have been doing it for years. 

3 hours ago, iStu X said:

Also I’m straight up stealing that pickled onion recipe cause despite hating everything vinegar I fucking love onions and pickled onions on a sandwich is chefs kiss 

Get started now and you'll have some in time for dinner.

43 minutes ago, Faltimar the Dark said:

I like to make Pickles.  My granny showed me how many years ago.  Its super fuckin' easy to pickle shit.  I tried eggs but I think I overcooked the eggs.  Gonna do it again and make sure those eggs are super soft boiled.  I never had a pickled egg but they always look good to me.

The cool thing is you can add flavors to it and get super weird if you want to. Add peppercorns, chilis, different types of peppers, fruit, etc.  I had an abundance of strawberries and almost thought to pickle that LOL. 

1 hour ago, iStu X said:

I do too but The way fruit has been cultivated and bred for the last few decades they’re basically pure sugar. It’s not that they don’t have anything good in them (like bananas are still healthy to a degree, same with apples) but a lot of the time the natural sugar content they have just doesn’t make it worth it. Strawberries would be a good example of something you should stay away from. 

it’s honestly a moderation thing. 

As for proteins I mainly eat poultry and fish. I’ve never been a huge red meat fan. Same with pork. Tuna is super good for you. It’s pure protein plus it has tons of vitamins and minerals in it that help metabolism and digestion. 

Eggs are the same way because it’s protein a long with the type of cholesterol you want. 

This man speaks truth. 

I will say that strawberries (most berries for that matter) are actually pretty good to eat. They have a lower glycemic index from most fruits and they are calorically pretty low.  I was going in on eggs for a while, but I am not a real egg person. I've used eggs more to bind, dredge, or enhance a food rather than actually cooking them as a main course. 

I've adopted a "2 time per week" going out to eat limit for the last month. Last week I went out only once because Moe's had a $3 special on a burrito with a drink. Food at home (with quality ingredients)  are more filling and taste better.  Takes a bit more effort, but it's more satisfying. I've gotten to the point where I can make a burger start to finish in almost the same amount of time it would take to get in the car to get it. The difference is that I am just not sitting down waiting in line mindlessly. 

Today for lunch I did a ground sirloin burger with feta and pickled onions on a toasted bun with steamed broccoli. I typically don't season broccoli when I steam it. 

nVjqxYPWasmukGHvGSpCiOifFGDJHY2SrtC8TFsK

Instead of toasting the bun with some sort of fat (e.g., butter or mayo), I 've just been throwing them in the toaster on the bagel setting. However, another way to kick a toasted bun up a notch is to use the fat rendered off of the meat (within the pan) is to coat the bottom and then toast it that way. I also do this trick when I have steak and throw broccoli in the fat and sear it. 

37 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

What about bacon meat candy? Is bacon  meat candy good for you?👀 Because I love bacon meat candy.

Fixed

18 minutes ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

I will say that strawberries (most berries for that matter) are actually pretty good to eat. 

They have a lower glycemic index from most fruits and they are calorically pretty low.  

I knew Blueberries were but I had no idea strawberries were. They definitely don’t taste like it. 🤤 

I’m looking for keto alternatives for a lot of my favorite meals and things I bake. I’m super fucking determined to lose this weight now 

Edited by iStu X
1 minute ago, iStu X said:

I’m super fucking determined to lose this weight now 

Everyone's different, but I'll throw my two cents in:

When I got engaged I was starting to get pretty heavy. I ended up dropping around 60 pounds and all it took was tracking everything I ate. I would record everything that I consumed and would eat at a healthy caloric deficit. The nice thing is, there's tons of apps that have food databases and can help you keep track. Of course, I still tried to eat a pretty balanced diet and exercised pretty regularly. 

Took me about 8 months to go from 230 to 170.  

The only downside is that I'm the type of person that fluctuates weight and I'm pretty much going to have to record for the rest of my life if I don't wanna put it all back on 🤣 

48 minutes ago, iStu X said:

I knew Blueberries were but I had no idea strawberries were. They definitely don’t taste like it.

I thought the same thing given how sweet they were. 

48 minutes ago, iStu X said:

I’m looking for keto alternatives for a lot of my favorite meals and things I bake. I’m super fucking determined to lose this weight now 

That shouldn't be too difficult. The big thing is making sure that you still like it at the end of the day. If you hate what you make, you'll fall back into the trap. 

Candy was my snack go-to item. I would on occasion get the Scooby-snacks. I would easily eat two of the small pouches in a matter of seconds. Those alone were 80 cal each. Switched it out for strawberries and blueberries instead. For perspective, this is what 80 cal. looks like between the two:

8 oz of Strawberries vs. 1 pack of scooby snacks

Nu0d0fBORv-JXLkGne9ZRcjtOJEV3NEyqaakBPkTlWK53mnNxNKZ5LW6zHYBTJGwAcQtvH_QPqAkMQZCGOQTEjONRc7BnaIKiK9X.png?width=812&height=609

41 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

When I got engaged I was starting to get pretty heavy. I ended up dropping around 60 pounds and all it took was tracking everything I ate. I would record everything that I consumed and would eat at a healthy caloric deficit. The nice thing is, there's tons of apps that have food databases and can help you keep track. Of course, I still tried to eat a pretty balanced diet and exercised pretty regularly. 

This is key. We have a false equivalency to portion size vs. caloric intake. Similar to what I put above, this goes into more examples. 

EDIT  - 

I do not endorse using greek yogurt as a viable substitute for ice cream. I am a man of culture. 

Edited by OPTIMUS124

My leg feels likes it about to explode. I’ve been baking. I don’t feel like taking pictures right now but I made peanut butter cookies and I’m waiting for the over to preheat so I can stick the first batch of my snicker doodles in the oven. 

after I’m done with my snickdoodles I’ll probably take a break so I can rest my leg. I love baking and cooking but there’s no way I could be a chef or baker. This much moving around in such a tight space just fucks up my leg too much. 

Edited by iStu X

really wish I had power right now tho. using my phones hotspot to use my laptop. It's about 1130 here and we're not supposed to get power back until probably around 2. so that's coo. 

our houses flag pole got fucked up. That's about it outside of tree debris. My dad is being unusually distraught about it. Well, to me anyways. It's just a flag pole and an american flag. It's whatever to me. 

Edited by iStu X

The joys of needing a medical device to sleep. It’s 2:30am here and I can’t go to bed until the power is back on since I need my cpap to sleep. 

originally the power was estimated to be out from 10pm-2am. I just called the power company again and the time table is there isn’t one. All they told me is “we aware of your grids outage and are working diligently to restore it” 

im so god damn tired. Lemme go to bed. 

Edited by iStu X

Yeah, just got off the phone with my doc.  I've asked him before to prescribe me something for sleep.  Nope, take an extra ativan.  Fuck dat, if I do that then I run outta medicine before I can get it refilled.  I get maybe 4 hours of sleep a night and its broken sleep.  I wake up at least 2 or 3 times.  I dont sleep good and its really fuckin' me up.  Its fucked up.  Its like im always tired but I cant sleep.  Im also extremely anxious so most of the time I don't notice that im tired.  Its real fucked up.

15 minutes ago, Faltimar the Dark said:

I dont sleep good and its really fuckin' me up.

I take melatonin to help regulate my circadian rhythm. Two 3mg pills a night. It definitely helps make me drowsy, too. If I'm especially restless I'll take two of the generic Zzz-Quil pills (not the liquid with alcohol) and that will usually zonk me out.  Worth a try maybe.

I've also been using CBD and CBG to help with anxiety and that's also working pretty good for me.

Edited by Chadouken

That stuff wont help.  It didn't help.  I've tried everything that I can that's OTC or herbal style.  I need heavy stuff to make me sleep.  Otherwise I don't sleep...well.

I smoke pot and I use CBD.  I got this little vape pen that is 25% THC / 5...

spacer.png

Sometimes it will help relax me and others it wont.

Its nice now not having to get the shit on the street.  I can go to the store and get the type of smoke I want (indica) every time.  Its no longer an unknown guessing game as to what strain I'm smoking.

Its also nice that its legal cause I can grow a few plants and save a little money.

spacer.png

Edited by Faltimar the Dark

The Nostalgia Trip continues...

Currently on Antenna TV--- another Three's Company episode---season 8, episode 2.  In this one, Jack gets the idea that 1 of the girls actually likes him *like that*!  Priscilla Barnes' nips are on FULL display thru the shirt in some scenes on this one 😳... looking like they want to just burst out of the shirt!  There's another scene later when they're all at a log cabin, and Janet swaps beds with ....that dark-haired dude that's the friend (ah; Larry)... it looks like she only has a t-shirt on in this scene...so the visual of her climbing up while trying to hold the shirt down is HOT as hell to me.

Janet was always the top sexpot on this show for me... the girl was an absolute smoke-show, imo.  As hot as Chrissy was, Janet was even better...and she was superior to Priscilla B's character too.

Sheeeitttt, I may actually get this whole series on dvd... it's important to acquire any shows and movies now more than ever, since all these companies want so desperately to push us towards an all streaming/digital future, sadly.  At this point I'd advise anyone that if there's some show or movie you truly enjoy more than the usual thing... buy or record/save it now while it is still possible to do so.

edit---interesting, now youtube is hitting me with related "recommended" stuff lately; I noticed this on my old honey Elizabeth Montgomery

Edited by MillionX
1 hour ago, iStu X said:

I still don’t have power. But I do have a generator in my room. So that’s cool. 

also, the side effects of sleep deprivation are not fun. Don’t recommend. 

Sorry if this has already been discussed, but what's going on with the sleep deprivation?  Is it the AC?  Too hot?  too Cold? Excessive Bootyshaking within close proximity to your room?  please enlighten me if you would.

5 minutes ago, MillionX said:

The Nostalgia Trip continues...

Currently on Antenna TV--- another Three's Company episode---season 8, episode 2.  In this one, Jack gets the idea that 1 of the girls actually likes him *like that*!  Priscilla Barnes' nips are on FULL display thru the shirt in some scenes on this one 😳... looking like they want to just burst out of the shirt!  There's another scene later when they're all at a log cabin, and Janet swaps beds with ....that dark-haired dude that's the friend (ah; Larry)... it looks like she only has a t-shirt on in this scene...so the visual of her climbing up while trying to hold the shirt down is HOT as hell to me.

Janet was always the top sexpot on this show for me... the girl was an absolute smoke-show, imo.  As hot as Chrissy was, Janet was even better...and she was superior to Priscilla B's character too.

Sheeeitttt, I may actually get this whole series on dvd... it's important to acquire any shows and movies now more than ever, since all these companies want so desperately to push us towards an all streaming/digital future, sadly.  At this point I'd advise anyone that if there's some show or movie you truly enjoy more than the usual thing... buy or record/save it now while it is still possible to do so.

alright, I've gotta ask.

Now, we ALL know that Janet wins overall, but between the two blondes which one was your favorite?  Chrissy (Suzzane Somers) or Teri (Priscilla Barnes)?  I'm more with Chrissy on this one.  Her Bimbo powers were simply too strong.

Priscilla was hot, but she is the #3.. Suzanne Somers was definitely the better blondie.  She continued to be hot for quite a long time too.

haha! I'm pretty sure that was the old lady from "Throw Mama from the Train" (also "Mama Fratelli from The Goonies, I think?) that was just on in episode 3 of season 8...

More importantly--Priscilla was shown in a hot pink bikini at the start of this episode!  Heh, this was quality entertainment.

23 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

this... is from the CIA??

Good thing we needed to know she's cis-gendered, and has generalized anxiety disordergeneralized anxiety disorder 🤔

omg.  This is just a joke right?  Oh I get it.  It's a PSY-OP.  Other countries are going to see this and think its real, then they try some mess and we catch 'em slipping.  I see you CIA.  *Thinking black man meme*

41 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

Good thing we needed to know she's cis-gendered, and has generalized anxiety disordergeneralized anxiety disorder 🤔

"Welcome to the CIA! In the past, you may have heard that we toppled democratically elected governments and assassinated their leaders, been an attack dog for corporate interests, de-stabilized entire regions of the world, and conducted illegal experiments on American citizens, and I'm happy to report that we're still maintaining our tradition of excellence doing all those same things today! However, we've made a lot of changes here. This isn't your granddaddy's CIA! Today we hire the best and the brightest among a promising crop of candidates, including many men and women of color and the children of immigrants! What could be more exciting for a second generation immigrant than helping the US government de-stabilize the country their parents emigrated from just a generation before?"

the amount of things to do at work at this point has just gone way off the damn deep end... each day has become that scenario of *start on the 1st of 3 things...but before you finish #1 then 8 new things pop up that need to be addressed... then you start on #2, then 12 new things are suddenly an issue and it's time-sensitive, so perhaps you skip over to #11 but you've left the others behind, meanwhile 36 new extremely convoluted situations become an issue that needs handling too.  This is despite having help, btw.  No one would believe this shit unless they were actually experiencing it first hand for a few days.  On a daily basis there's various things that keep me in the mood to yell and break things.  All those old shows I keep posting about lately, along with my usual game sessions of Outriders, Diablo 3, Gears, etc. are helping to maintain some degree of sanity.  Oh yeah and having that punching bag finally set up helps... that thing has taken quite a bit more punishment lately as a result of the unending stream of miserable horseshit that constantly piles up.

ha, Coach is on now; that show starring Craig T. Nelson.. I didn't watch it all the time but I always enjoyed the random episodes I've seen....and I love that theme music.

Ohoooo here we go with one of my favorite topics once again with Donovan Sharpe and the rest of "The Six"...yeah this is bound to be some gold:

During the prime "mating" years of life I'd say yeah this obviously can happen, no problem...but *mostly* under specific circumstances that most already know...

1. They are not sexually compatible (1 person is gay or...whatever else doesn't line up with the other person.... isn't it amusing when girls/women have a crush on a dude that's clearly gay?  It's good comedy every time I've seen it.)
  2. They are not physically attracted to each other.
  3. They work together and the guy is not dumb enough to risk a good job for a shot at *possibly* gettin' some ass.
  4. One or both are already in a relationship with other people, and they are not inclined to cheat or betray a friend, etc. (*a respectable dude most likely is not going to destroy the friendship with his buddy by fuckin around with that dude's girl/wife.)

5 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:

Good thing we needed to know she's cis-gendered, and has generalized anxiety  disorder 🤔

I don't know what is more crazy:

The fact that the CIA has their own YouTube Channel (guess everyone has one)

The fact that the thumbs up/down ratio is heavily bad (though funny to me)

The fact that their sub count for the power they wield is far lower than I expected (loool they're never going to get that silver YT award)

The fact that such a pandering video was needed to lure in new recruits (Not to worry 3rd world countries! If you're going to get your government overthrown/destabilized  in the future so the US can place in a puppet, at least you'll know it was done by a diverse squad of non binary/gender fluid/trans agents!)

Edited by TheInfernoman