Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

23 hours ago, axeman61 said:

Random question: does external storage work with the PS5 with no issues?

I'm keeping my eye out for PS5s when they drop because they there was an update in April to be able to use extended storage (I have a backup drive for the PS4 already). But if that has bugs or something I'm probably gonna have to back away. With the factory storage it has, I can only buy a PS5 if external storage is spotless.

I have a 4TB external drive that I originally bought for my PS4 Pro, when I got my PS5 in early January it was literally as simple as disconnecting it from the Pro, and plugging it into the PS5's USB ports on the back. I have considered updating to something a little higher capacity now that Sony is letting PS5 games be copied to external storage. I may search out one of the newer WD USB drives like an above post and migrate everything over.

23 hours ago, PVL_93_RU said:

Digital Foundry seem to have done extensive testing and haven't really encountered any issues, just minor inconsistencies in loading times between different games - some are about same, some are slower, but the difference is usually like within a margin of 2-3 seconds, so nothing quite severe. That's with SSD mind you

also on topic of external storage, in the same video they did tests with a USB-connected SSD and it's insane how loading times on PS4 Pro typically are cut down almost in half

I have an SSD inside of my Pro.

Still faster?

20 minutes ago, axeman61 said:

How does Elon on SNL affect Dogecoin? I'm a grandpa when it comes to Cryptocurrency.

Of course an asshole tech mogul appearing on a live comedy show that's far past it's prime would adversely affect valuation of an abstract virtual commodity that started off as a parody but somehow attracted massive levels of investment through the simple power of irony to move markets.

Sounds like Economics 101 level stuff 😂

OMG.  

Well, today so far................

I managed to split my toe open on a large chakram-based blade I have.  For those of you with a long memory, it's the same one that went into my leg some 10+ years ago.  

While hobbling about and marking my local territory in blood I managed to learn that band aids DO have an expiration date, and mine are past it.  Fuck 'em.  I like Duct tape better anyway.  

Apparently my shoulder is in worse shape than I thought.  Cranking up the mower today showed me how much worse. Also:  Me and Taco bell are going to have to stop seeing each other.  My ass is all kinds of out of shape.  

.................And now for the BAD news.

That YouTuber named Mr. X is trying to play Resident Evil 8 on hard mode with new mods.  No problems there, right? 

WRONG.  

The baby is now a man, your so-called help is now Dante fro m Devil May cry, and the first enemy you face is the Teletubbies.  

He has never before seen the Teletubbies and has no idea what he is facing.

I've been trying to warn him through chat to shut the game down and delete it, but he insists upon soldiering on and playing through.  He doesn't realize that the second those creatures showed up that the game was OVER.  It's been an hour and he hasn't made it past them.  I'll do what I can to help, but I fear that anything short of complete destruction of that computer is futile.

So because the fates thought my life was going way too well. They decided to throw the most wtf curveball.... My ex wife is coming back to America and specifically to Boston. Of all fucking places. 

She apparently got a job at the Boston embassy. None of this makes sense. Her old job wasn't at the embassy it was through the airport. She also hated Massachusetts and constantly complained how bad it was. She also had no friends here.. They all moved away. 

Nigga.. I'm only dating black girls from now on. 

4 minutes ago, Maxx said:

So because the fates thought my life was going way too well. They decided to throw the most wtf curveball.... My ex wife is coming back to America and specifically to Boston. Of all fucking places. 

She apparently got a job at the Boston embassy. None of this makes sense. Her old job wasn't at the embassy it was through the airport. She also hated Massachusetts and constantly complained how bad it was. She also had no friends here.. They all moved away. 

lol.  You know you have to make sure that the number is burned now, right?  You'll be the ONLY damn uber she calls for if you don't.

Small game update:

Somehow, against the will of both Heaven and Hell, he made it past the teletubbies.  He got into the castle and.........................

The vampires have all been turned into Barney.  Evil on top of evil in this place, and big momma hasn't even made her appearance yet.

56 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Maybe they're hoping to recruit you for Mossad? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Didn't that Dark Prince guy end up being a mercenary or a bounty hunter or something or was that just a tall tale? 

Edited by DoctaMario

I thought of this a while back,but I never thought real life would make it so.

Get out 2: The curse of the Black Widow. 

In a world gone mad,,....only a  Black Brazilian can defeat a Black Widow:

Miles Morales as Maxx 

Scarjo as the Israeli 

Chris Evans as sexy twerking white boy 

Joey Cuellar as Cup of Clam Chowdah 

Axeman as funny black friend

40 minutes ago, Deadly_Raver said:

lol.  You know you have to make sure that the number is burned now, right?  You'll be the ONLY damn uber she calls for if you don't.

Small game update:

Somehow, against the will of both Heaven and Hell, he made it past the teletubbies.  He got into the castle and.........................

The vampires have all been turned into Barney.  Evil on top of evil in this place, and big momma hasn't even made her appearance yet.

😒😒😒 Fuck you are right but I don't know how to block people preemptive for ubers. 

2 hours ago, Maxx said:

Is this the isreal chick if so, best watch your back bruv...she got them jew powers and will use them on you now to keep you down! 👀

Seriously though, just continue to do your own thing...I doubt she'll do anything...

Edited by TheInfernoman
12 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

I let my wife sleep in today. Got up early with the baby, made blueberry pancakes and bacon, coffee, and mimosas for my wife. Gave her a nice gift basket of bath stuff and candles.

And then my daughter goes and shows me up by taking her first steps today. 😒

How tf am I supposed to compete with that?

"Look at what I taught the baby, hon!"

?

12 minutes ago, TheInfernoman said:

Is this the isreal chick if so, best watch your back bruv...she got them jew powers and will use them on you now to keep you down! 👀

Seriously though, just continue to do your own thing...I doubt she'll do anything...

Yeah Israeli spy ex wife. I'd like to believe she'd leave me alone.. But it's super suspect out of all the fucking cities to move to she comes back to near here. 

2 hours ago, Chadouken said:

I let my wife sleep in today. Got up early with the baby, made blueberry pancakes and bacon, coffee, and mimosas for my wife. Gave her a nice gift basket of bath stuff and candles.

How tf am I supposed to compete with that?

Are you sure these are her real first steps? Maybe she's just trolling you.

Good God I have to get off the internet; that was a real thought.

4 hours ago, Chadouken said:

Be prepared for more of it, you can make your wife a new house buy your self from scratch, and your daughter scribblings with some crayons  are going to win every time. 
You can get a $100 Flower bouquet and the girl will win with some half-crushed dandelions picked from the backyard.

Remember I said I got tricked into the crypto rabbit hole? Well I dead ass checked one of my cryptocurrency investments. I put around $100 or do in this particular one in about a weeks time, just bullshittin around. Now that shit up to $655 now, so I made about a $500 profit 😳

Yeah, I think I'm gonna make it my business to learn this shit. Like woah 

Edited by HD-Man

the big coins that are bitcoin/Etherium/Bitcoin cash seem to be the stable coins. All Altcoins are much harder to see when they "moon" so best to treat them like a pump and dump but if anyone is too fearful of that just hold and most of them eventually climb. 

Doge is a meme among altcoins and was literally made as a joke so please treat that one as such. Elon Musk is merely trolling so don't trust him or anyone else to see what Doge does, just trust your gut, whatever gains/profits you make be happy with and don't get mad when you cash out thinking you could have made more because it will drive you nuts if you do.

(I recall asking old SRK years ago about Bitcoin when it was around 3k and I was going to buy one then but was talked out of it. I recall Raz0r arguing against it then...looking abck and seeing what I could have made does make me mad but to his credit, no one knew what was going to happen hence my point of make what you can and cash out when you feel the need to)

18 hours ago, YourFavGrandpa said:

I have a 4TB external drive that I originally bought for my PS4 Pro, when I got my PS5 in early January it was literally as simple as disconnecting it from the Pro, and plugging it into the PS5's USB ports on the back. I have considered updating to something a little higher capacity now that Sony is letting PS5 games be copied to external storage. I may search out one of the newer WD USB drives like an above post and migrate everything over.

If you decide to do this, just know that there is NO WAY (as of 5/10/2021) to upgrade your external HD (e.g. moving to a new better performing drive) by cloning. There are basically two long options:

1. Copy the data on the external drive to the internal; plug in the new drive; transfer to the new device
  2. Delete all of the game data on the current external drive and reinstall on the new unit. 

I just did this on my PS5. I didn't feel like trying to manage the process going back and forth so I just deleted the games from my old drive (which returns the license) and then downloaded it again when I connected the new drive. I also have a fair bit of physical releases. In those cases I will just add them as I play them or when bored.  

I connected the drives to my PC to see if I was able to clone it. Sony has a proprietary format, so it will not be read as a valid partition. 

Edited by OPTIMUS124

Currently, on "Decades" network... they've been showing a marathon of "Mannix" all weekend.  I've never seen this show... I only heard of it via reference jokes from Mystery Science Theater a few times... 

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0061277/

So far, every time I've checked it out...some surprisingly cool action scene is going on... usually a fight or a car chase... it's making damn good first impression with me.

On 5/9/2021 at 6:10 AM, YourFavGrandpa said:

Yeah I got a external SSD connected via usb 3.1 on my PS5 

11 hours ago, TheInfernoman said:

the big coins that are bitcoin/Etherium/Bitcoin cash seem to be the stable coins. All Altcoins are much harder to see when they "moon" so best to treat them like a pump and dump but if anyone is too fearful of that just hold and most of them eventually climb. 

Doge is a meme among altcoins and was literally made as a joke so please treat that one as such. Elon Musk is merely trolling so don't trust him or anyone else to see what Doge does, just trust your gut, whatever gains/profits you make be happy with and don't get mad when you cash out thinking you could have made more because it will drive you nuts if you do.

(I recall asking old SRK years ago about Bitcoin when it was around 3k and I was going to buy one then but was talked out of it. I recall Raz0r arguing against it then...looking abck and seeing what I could have made does make me mad but to his credit, no one knew what was going to happen hence my point of make what you can and cash out when you feel the need to)

Thanks bro, you seem pretty knowledgeable to this so I'll take your word for it. I'll probably pump and dump Dogecoin, my just let my other coins like TEL (which jumped again as I'm typing this) and SHIB  sit since I got in those relatively low

Edited by HD-Man
10 hours ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

I put that image in a group chat with a few of my friend back home. 

Them - Just put some honey on it.

Me - You'll just die slower. 

lol.  They must not know about Popeye's biscuits.  I pray they do not test this theory.

10 hours ago, Maxx said:

Pretty sure that attempted murder 

Not to your liking?  There are other ways to bring about peace, but they are considered a little more extreme.

A1VuAjL.jpg

Edited by Deadly_Raver

Strangest thing I've seen/heard today:

"Martin Luther King Jr. was a traitor to and treasonous black person and if we (black people) had our own nation we'd be able to charge him with treason.  MLK was funded by the Rockefellers to keep black people passive to get them to go as far as they have gotten today. "

How does one arrive to this conclusion 🤣?

Edited by OPTIMUS124

ohhh yes, I already look forward to what the modders are going to do with RE8...yes indeedy.  I thank Capcom's character designers for giving the world such wonderful material to work with...

Happy Robert Redford GIF

ohhhh this should be good

...I'd agree that it should be a red flag right away if her past boyfriends are mostly guys who are regularly in trouble with the law.... then again, that standard includes an alarming percentage of modern American women....since they always tend to choose the riff raff for both short-term and long-term relationships.

Edited by MillionX