Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

6 minutes ago, Serpent said:

95% of the time it's dudes claiming that's what women say though. Otherwise they'd just link actual women saying this stuff.

I find most men whine a lot more about what they think women complain about than what they actually do. If it was up to women, most of them would get knocked up in their teens and would be married mothers. But men don't allow them that option.

Sounds like a super suspicious way to wiggle yourself into some teen pregnancies, my guy.

9 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I wish people would put the same amount of energy into getting rid of the creeps in the FGC

For real. You may not find Max entertaining or you might think he’s annoying but he’s done nothing that even hints at him being anything less than a good dude. He doesn’t talk shit, he’s positive, and he loves what he does. 

people just salty cause they think he’s not good enough at FGs to be as influential as he is. 

5 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

people just salty cause they think he’s not good enough at FGs to be as influential as he is. 

What people fail to realize is that Max started Youtube early on. He was the only one that was doing what he did. That's why he's so popular. By the time other people came in to do the same thing, he was already established. Plus, given the time he's been around, dude still seems to consistently put out content. I'm not going to hate him for his success. I don't watch many of his videos any more, but good for him.

and so it begins...

I'm thinking they leave Kate as a "missing/presumed dead" person so it's possible at some point in the future to bring the character back with a different actress, of course....but that's assuming the show will even be around that long.  It will probably get a season 3, and maybe even a 4th (despite pitiful ratings) and that will be the end of it.

I think people want to start shit with Max BECAUSE of his squeaky clean image and overall available disposition. He doesn't start drama, he doesn't call out other FGC members, and never engages in petty callouts (i.e. LTG). Of course, everybody is in their own right to like or dislike his content, but you can't fault the man for looking for the FGC scene.

It's kinda like AVGN.... He has been a YT personality for over 15 years and you never hear any petty shit or drama news from him, and everyone speaks nothing but good things about him. Even then, you have peeps attempting to stir the shitpot since previous members of his channel no longer appear and everyone assumes James Rolfe is having a power trip or something

People hate those that are successful and honest. Peeps like AVGN, Max put in the work. What the haters won't admit is they don't hate THEM, the haters hate themselves because the majority DON'T put in the work. haters WANT peeps like Max to have controversy so it's easier to bring them down instead of building oneself up and improving.

Today, it's VERY hard to grow because most everything is saturated BUT it's not impossible. 

39 minutes ago, Angel said:

How many of y'all accidentally use the n-word when you get excited?   Just trying to see something.

I was raised by the MvC2 community. So...a lot? And not on accident. Lol. 

I don’t use the word anymore and try not to use racial charged words (we all make mistakes) and I’ve gone over why several times over on REDACTED.

But the abridged version is I said something racial insensitive  around a black friend I was rooming with at Evo that year  (I didn’t mean the phrase to be racial insensitive but this person took offense.). As we were going back to our room with everyone else he asked to talk to me outside in private. 

he explained to me that what I said was not a word I should be using (it wasn’t any form on the n word, I honestly don’t even remember as it was 2008), explained why in a very friendly, educational way and not of a way of malice. I apologized and promised not to use the word again. We shook hands like gentlemen and then played games all night. 

Edited by iStu X
15 minutes ago, Angel said:

I am now wondering how many of y'all use the hard r whenever you are in your safe spaces.    

I don't think anyone here confers with the my pillow guy.

You must have us confused with folks on koryuken.com

Mexicans who think they're white 

Whites who think they're Native American 

People who drop the word Communist at the drop of a hat if you disagree with them

I’ve been cleaning all day and my leg feels like it’s about to explode. 

I did the following:

* helped my dad run errands around town

* cleaned out my freezer, fridge and pantry 

* cleaned the rest of my kitchen (wiped down every thing, loaded and unloaded dishes as well as hand wash the bigger dishes I couldn’t get to fit. 
* Cleaned my bathroom from top to bottom

* Did several loads of laundry

* cleaned my room almost from top to bottom. I still need to vacuum and put the rest of my framed art up. 

a lot of this I was going to do anywaus because I was sick of my room and my house looking like shit. But I found out this morning while running errands my sister and her family are going to be here this weekend. It’s my moms 62nd birthday on Saturday and she’s been really depressed cause of medical stuff going on with her. So I think it’ll be a great surprise and make her feel a lot better. The highlight of her day is FaceTiming with my nephew. 

I’m making her chocolate cover cherry cookies and buying her huge bouquet of flowers 

as I said though: my leg is about to explode. I was moving bulk stuff that was in my floor so I could vacuum and my leg gave out on me. I took that as a sign that I need to stop for the night.  I took my nerve relaxer medicine too so hopefully my leg won’t be bad tomorrow. Cause I still have a lot more shit to do. 

But for now I’m eating fried rice, having a beer and watching John Wick

Edited by iStu X
12 hours ago, Serpent said:

If it was up to women, most of them would get knocked up in their teens and would be married mothers. But men don't allow them that option.

Too lazy to research, but I'm pretty sure teen pregnancy drops dramatically with education and probably wealth too; basically if a girl expects to go to college she rarely decides that getting pregnant and dropping out of school is maybe a better option.  So they may be looking to be married mothers, but not at the exclusion of other pursuits.  It's not just what [specific?] men allow them, but the whole socioeconomic milieu.

13 hours ago, MillionX said:

and so it begins...

I'm thinking they leave Kate as a "missing/presumed dead" person so it's possible at some point in the future to bring the character back with a different actress, of course....but that's assuming the show will even be around that long.  It will probably get a season 3, and maybe even a 4th (despite pitiful ratings) and that will be the end of it.

riddle me this O' faithful viewer: 

why is it that they were able to find a better redhead wig for a character that didn't need it (Batwoman) than they did for a character that did need it (Starfire)? 

yep.  Yellow Flash slapped this craziness properly and now I'm on the hunt for more reviewers.  Until then I will leave you with this small piece of wisdom.

Sometimes it's so bad that all you can do is just grin and jiggle.

19953797.gif

Edited by Deadly_Raver

so last night on Jody's Corner they debated who should actually win between Godzilla and King Kong... at first I was fully on board with Team Godzilla...mainly that fire-breath is too good; if he hits with that it's a done deal... but good points were raised that gave me pause... like the issue of speed and reaction time.  Godzilla seems too slow to react to anything Kong has for him.  Then he has the T-rex problem of those laughable baby-arms that aren't worth a damn.  So...outside of "atomic breath" attack, he could smack him with the tail like a whip attack, then there's the bite....though I doubt that bite even does much damage unless they say it's also poisonous or there's lingering radiation damage involved there.  However... there's the question of just how "tanky" Godzilla is...like how much of Kong's damage output can he just shrug off?

Really, they're most likely going to have the fight be inconclusive though... some other monster will suddenly appear, then both will temporarily team up to kick that thing's ass.

Godzilla has way more to him than his atomic breath, claws/biting. He has more movement options thanks to being amphibious. He can regenerate and is pretty much invincible. 

straight from the Godzilla wiki 

“Godzilla is amphibious: it has a preference for traversing Earth's hydrosphere when in hibernation or migration, can breathe underwater  and is described in the original film by the character Dr. Yamane as a transitional form between a marine and a terrestrial reptile.

Godzilla is shown to have great vitality: it is immune to conventional weaponry thanks to its rugged hide and ability to regenerate, and as a result of surviving a nuclear explosion, it cannot be destroyed by anything less powerful. It is an electromagnetic pulse-producing organ in its body which generates an asymmetrical permeable shield making it impervious to all damage except for a short period when the organ recycles.”

the only thing Kong really has on Godzilla is that he vastly more intelligent than any other kaiju, including Godzilla. 

Edited by iStu X

Yeah. I did way too much cleaning yesterday. My leg feels worse today than it did yesterday. It was “manageable” for about an hour after taking my nerve medication but after vacuuming I tried to clean out my closet (it’s a huge walk-in) and my leg just straight up “noped” on me and started violently trembling. 

I  took that a sign to stop before it gives out mid doing something and I have a nasty fall. 

So I’ve just been taking it easy today because I don’t really have a choice in the matter. Just even touching my calf causes my whole leg to hurt. 

shit sucks.

Edited by iStu X

yeah, see the "tanky build" is one thing I was suspecting about Godzilla that's probably in his favor...he's slow but appears to be able to withstand a LOT of damage without being in serious trouble....but there's also the issue of intelligence, since Kong would naturally be closer to human levels of intelligence and ingenuity.  He would be clever enough to use various objects in the immediate area as weapons, in addition to relying on his brute strength and speed.  

If I were Kong, I'd start going all out just throwing things... any nearby military vehicles, large pieces of buildings, etc...perhaps use some metal tower to stab him.. or get something sharp enough to try cutting his head off.  

...Godzilla's atomic breath still has the element of surprise though; presumably, Kong doesn't know about this ability yet.  Even if it still has a lot of start-up activation, Kong theoretically doesn't know what's about to happen, which could be a serious problem, obviously.  (then again, he would be stupid to just sit there allowing an apparent attack that's taking some time to charge up)

Edited by MillionX
26 minutes ago, axeman61 said:

My mother passed yesterday.

We knew this was coming; she had stage 4 cancer that wasn't going to get better. As such, I'm not taking this as hard as I thought I would. Still hurts though.

And I'm about ready to body any fucking idiot who refuses to wear a mask at this point. This pandemic made everything about going to see her in these last 2 grueling months hard. She couldn't have visitors at the hospital except for super special occasions (like signing power of attorney paperwork). She had to go to a nursing home where one could only "visit" by talking at her through the window. When she went into the hospital again, they had NO visitors. She ended up dying in that hospital with no family there to comfort her at least.

Condolences. 

58 minutes ago, axeman61 said:

We knew this was coming; she had stage 4 cancer that wasn't going to get better. As such, I'm not taking this as hard as I thought I would. Still hurts though.

And I'm about ready to body any fucking idiot who refuses to wear a mask at this point. This pandemic made everything about going to see her in these last 2 grueling months hard. She couldn't have visitors at the hospital except for super special occasions (like signing power of attorney paperwork). She had to go to a nursing home where one could only "visit" by talking at her through the window. When she went into the hospital again, they had NO visitors. She ended up dying in that hospital with no family there to comfort her at least.

I'm so sorry to hear that, duder. Let us know if you need anything. 

Something I found out from the governor's office yesterday here in Texas, is that obese and extremely obese individuals in the state (i.e. myself) qualify to get the vaccine ahead of everyone. That's really messed up, but I'm seriously considering taking advantage of it.

1 hour ago, axeman61 said:

My condolences. Peace to her soul.

3 hours ago, axeman61 said:

Sorry to hear that man.

13 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

@iStu X how many physical Switch games do you have?

65. I’m letting a friend borrow the entire Xenoblade Chronicles series (1, 2, 2’s dlc). So only 63 are on my shelf. 

Keep in mind: that’s physical. Lol. I think after digital I have close to 200? The Switch is like my equivalent of Steam. In my defense I’ve never bought a physical or digital title nor DLC for full MSRP. 

Edited by iStu X
6 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

Hot shit, man, that's bad ass! I think I have like 8 😂

Maybe closer to 15 counting digital.

I don’t know if it’s all that bad ass since I’ve barely scratched the surface of my library. I’ve only beaten about maybe a dozen of the games. Lol. 

im trying though. Even with quarantine I’m still finding a hard time trying to game. Whether is baking, cleaning, reading comics, helping my mom out around the house, helping run errands with my dad, etc. 

there are times where I’ll do long sessions of games and take a break but when I try to pick up the controller a few days or a week later I still feel the burn out from putting 50+ hours into the game. 

Edited by iStu X