Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

37 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Venture Bros is amazing. I dont care about the other two tho. I dont like ATHF like...At all, and ive just never seen any of Metalocalypse.

I need to finish Venture Bros. Season 4's finale end scene may have been one of my favorite moments in the series. 

ATHF is just a random trash heap and I love it for that reason. 

Edited by OPTIMUS124
1 hour ago, IcyBlackDeep said:

In general you might be right, but especially last year there was a lot of talk about it.  A politician ought to know by now.

I was fairly up on a lot of what was going on last year but I don't remember hearing anything about it. But I think assuming politicians are up on everything that is going on is what results in them asking questions like, "How does Facebook make money?" 😂 They're as clueless as the rest of us. 

7 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

Basically that if you quote someone and want to delete the quote, on mobile you can't. Same with @ tags too

You clicking on the little + sign in a circle in the upper left hand corner of the outer quote box? 

Its way simpler then it sounds lol. 

Ok, after seeing this character again on the Jack Benny repeats via Antenna TV... I had to look it up, and sure enough there's at least a couple of videos on this dude.... shit was hilarious every time I saw him....  🤣

...as a kid, I probably first heard of the character in a random Looney Tunes bit....or some other cartoon.  It's one of those things people at least of my generation and older will remember once you hear the trademark "yeeeEEEEEEeeessssss???" and big smile, and that cadence of speaking.

on another note--- the great Mel Blanc was also on that Jack Benny show, I noticed!

Edited by MillionX
4 hours ago, iStu X said:

Fucking YES at Metalocalypse getting the final it fucking deserves.

👍

4 hours ago, iStu X said:

I don’t care about Venture Brothers or ATHF. I never liked either shows

🖕

4 hours ago, RSG3 said:

and ive just never seen any of Metalocalypse. 

Its a Stereotype Worlds most popular Metal Band. 
Where the lead speaks like he sings, and everyone incompetent when it does not come to playing music (except for contracts, they convinced the devil to sell his soul to them in one episode). 

6 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

How religious America is is pretty over played. Your both right and wrong at the same time. 

You think so?

I think America is super religious. Religion is used vehemently in politicking, in every day talk like when I used to call Americans at a call center so many always said god bless you, like hell even in Oscars when people thank others for winning, Americans are always the first to thank God while the Euros don't even mention it.

To an outsider... You guys very religions. 

And your zealots are hella crazy.

75% according to this research https://www.pewforum.org/religious-landscape-study/

Edited by scorp

I think when push comes to shove, I'll obtain permits to alcohol and taboo control for hospitality and/or be apart of marijuana industry if it becomes legal in Louisiana. This is a back up plan if I don't feel confident at attending college for the purpose of owning a business, due to the inheritance of cognitive and anecdotal alcohol damages to the brain. It's pretty embarrassing to talk about, but it a race against the clock for me in the next 2 1/2 years. 

2 hours ago, Emptyeyes said:

I think when push comes to shove, I'll obtain permits to alcohol and taboo control for hospitality and/or be apart of marijuana industry if it becomes legal in Louisiana. This is a back up plan if I don't feel confident at attending college for the purpose of owning a business, due to the inheritance of cognitive and anecdotal alcohol damages to the brain. It's pretty embarrassing to talk about, but it a race against the clock for me in the next 2 1/2 years. 

Good luck in your endeavor.  

Kind of a side note, but does anyone else have trouble pronouncing the word,"anecdotal"?  Even if I'm reading it silently, my brain is hellbound to pronounce it as "ANN-CEE-DOUGH-TALL" and not,"Ann-NECK-DOUGH-TALL".  If for some reason I end up having to pronounce that word in a,"Fate of the universe" scenario, you all might want to hold your breath and pray.  I'll try not to get us all Thanos'ed.

Edited by Deadly_Raver
1 hour ago, scorp said:

You think so?

Yup. 

1 hour ago, scorp said:

Religion is used vehemently in politicking, in every day talk like when I used to call Americans at a call center so many always said god bless you, like hell even in Oscars when people thank others for winning, Americans are always the first to thank God while the Euros don't even mention it.

You are confusing posturing for actual faith. They are not the same. A lot of Americans like the look being religious gives them but their actual practice of said faith is dog shit and they abandon it the second its convenient. No Americans are not very religious at all. We are posers. 

Also youth are abandoning the church at what the church calls an alarming rate, generally because their values are old and out date and dont resonate with American Youth. 

1 hour ago, scorp said:

To an outsider... You guys very religions. 

Yea exactly. To an outside. Take it from an actual American who has to deal with these posers and fakes. I dont make comment about how Canadians behave because all my info on it is 3rd hand. I would trust a Canadian to tell me how Canadians actually are over a survey anyone can lie on to look or feel good. 

1 hour ago, scorp said:

75% according to this research

Again, their actual practice of the faith says otherwise. Its really easy to check yes on a survey box. Doesn't actually say anything about how they practice their religion. I have little faith in polls because people lie a lot and polls are easy. They have about as much merit as Online Petitions. I deal with these people in real life. They are trash and trash at their own faith to booth. 

Edited by RSG3
56 minutes ago, Deadly_Raver said:

So, if the church was sharing the collection plate with the government, they could open?  Hmmmm..................

If the church paid taxes like the rest of us then maybe their opinion about how Government should work would be worth half a fuck, but they don';t and their opinion on anything outside how the Church operates is of no value. 

Edited by RSG3

Pretty much everyone I know is “spiritual” but not in a mainlined religion way like Catholicism, Christianity, etc. It’s more Pagan, Wiccan, things like that. Even then there isn’t really a label on what they believe in. Like a weirdly focused but still agnostic limbo that sometimes leans into atheism. 

I am 100% atheist but I’m not against religion as long as it’s not being used to spread bigoted ideals. I’ve gone to religious functions with friends in the past and had 0 issues with it. I’m not “that” type of atheist who’s an ass to anyone religious. The only time I am is when they actively go out of their way to push it on me, which is usually in a very rude and judgmental manner. 

A friend I’ve gotten to know over the last 2-3 years was raised in a very strict Jenovah Witness house. While he still believes in a lot of what was taught, he doesn’t like how Kingdom Halls (their churches) interpret the lessons and values. Cause according to him they’ve fallen into that trap of their religion gives them a right to be bigoted and narrow minded. 

he isn’t atheist and I don’t ever think he will be but he’s straight up told me he’s agnostic now. which I think was harder for him to admit than he lets on. 

Edited by iStu X
10 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

Step Two: We came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.

There's a way out.

Hopefully, I could potentially understand that one day, though, I've stopped drinking frequently. As you know, being around that from a daily career could make me go backwards again, yet, the strong connection to them could keep me from going job to job of the dissatisfaction and the vast lack of interest in things. 

What is good or what is bad? They seem to be two sides of the same coin. 

It's strange, but I consider you to be a wise sage on this subject that I could learn from, which I recall having this conversation with you before in this topic. ^_^

😂😂😂

I had to laugh, I'm at planet Fitness doing deadlift after jiu jitsu. And I'm gradually going up in my sets and finished it with 290 but it's planet Fitness so I recognize it's not that impressive. But these dudes legit stopped their workout to watch me deadlift it. Lmfao. 

2 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Maybe you have good form or something? Gyms a weird place. People reading into all kinds of shit at the gym that probably isnt there. 

It's mostly because it visually looks more impressive than it is. Most people have a poor understanding of Smith machines and how they aren't has heavy as having the bar and weights raw. 

So visually have a 45,25 and a bunch of 10s looks impressive to the average bro but in reality it's less due to the machines assistance 

54 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

No Americans are not very religious at all. We are posers. 

Heh. Indeed. You've said it. The "posing" example is when one of my family members tried to harm me as a minor for not confirming to their faith. That was never loving in any sense of the term and was contrary to the book of faith that they practice. It was nothing but power, fear, and control with them over me growing up. 

Even I like where this country is going, especially when I'm not straight and anti-religious. That wouldn't slide in places like Russia, Arabic parts, or most of Africa. I can only name at the very least 10 countries of Africa that it's ok to be yourself. 

Edited by Emptyeyes
33 minutes ago, Emptyeyes said:

It's strange, but I consider you to be a wise sage on this subject that I could learn from, which I recall having this conversation with you before in this topic. ^_^

I'm no wise sage, but I've been through the steps and they worked for me.  It took a lot of arrows in my ass for me to finally take the first step, which was admitting that my life was no longer manageable because of alcohol. I needed to quit more than I needed anything.  That desperation and willingness to be honest is what saved me. When I was in that state of incomprehensible demoralization I thought there was no fucking way life would ever be good again. 

I was dead wrong.  But it took a lot of work to make the necessary changes.  Life is awesome now.

11 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

I'm no wise sage, but I've been through the steps and they worked for me.  It took a lot of arrows in my ass for me to finally take the first step, which was admitting that my life was no longer manageable because of alcohol. I needed to quit more than I needed anything.  That desperation and willingness to be honest is what saved me. When I was in that state of incomprehensible demoralization I thought there was no fucking way life would ever be good again. 

I was dead wrong.  But it took a lot of work to make the necessary changes.  Life is awesome now.

Glad you’re still with us, Chad. 

4 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

I see. I mean, this is all heart felt for me, but I tend to feel that I don't measure up to the resolve, as if I'm not capable of permanently exiling from using. I started drinking, because of not feeling loved, being manipulated, and the despair of ineffective/unappealing guidance, which in turn wasted much of my life. Even with getting over most of this, drinking seem to be a tool for boredom or when I've exceed the tolerance of withdrawal. 

16 minutes ago, iStu X said:

Glad you’re still with us, Chad. 

You sure about that? 😈

11 minutes ago, Emptyeyes said:

I see. I mean, this is all heart felt for me, but I tend to feel that I don't measure up to the resolve, as if I'm not capable of permanently exiling from using. I started drinking, because of not feeling loved, being manipulated, and the despair of ineffective/unappealing guidance, which in turn wasted much of my life. Even with getting over most of this, drinking seem to be a tool for boredom or when I've exceed the tolerance of withdrawal. 

Two things stand out from your post: you saying that you feel like you aren't capable of quitting for good; and having withdrawals.  First- AA is designed so you don't have to do it alone.  That's one of the biggest reasons it is successful.  Secondly- if you are having withdrawals from alcohol then that means your body is starting to physically need it to function.  That's a scary threshold to cross and my advice would be to do something about it before it gets really messy.  My best friend was hospitalized when he quit.  He would have died without medical attention.  Unfortunately, that's a lot more common than you might think.  Maybe next time you're bored, instead of having a drink check out your local meeting directory and see if it's something you might be into or not.

1 hour ago, Chadouken said:

Two things stand out from your post: you saying that you feel like you aren't capable of quitting for good; and having withdrawals.  First- AA is designed so you don't have to do it alone.  That's one of the biggest reasons it is successful.  Secondly- if you are having withdrawals from alcohol then that means your body is starting to physically need it to function.  That's a scary threshold to cross and my advice would be to do something about it before it gets really messy.  My best friend was hospitalized when he quit.  He would have died without medical attention.  Unfortunately, that's a lot more common than you might think.  Maybe next time you're bored, instead of having a drink check out your local meeting directory and see if it's something you might be into or not.

I did go to a substance abuse program for 5 weeks. I wasn't ready at the time and to break free from long term isolation, which is another trigger for me to use. I could stop temporarily for up to a month at the least, which I've practiced many times, but the mental agitation and bodily discomfort of that short duration is always unpleasant. This year, I have some organ damage, chronic coughing, and have to keep myself from throwing up after eating or drinking water. This occurs seconds after.

My health department is going to open back up next month. I'll see if I could go back and graduate from that program.