Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

Just now, iStu X said:

Skillet

Word. Yeah I've never done it on a skillet so I don't really have any pointers other than use a meat thermometer and take it off when you hit about 125-130 and let the meat rest in a foil tent for about 10 to 15 minutes. If you cook steak enough you learn to be able to tell what temp it's cooked up by feel, but I just got this badass new Thermapen for my smoker and it's like cheating lol.

3 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

Word. Yeah I've never done it on a skillet so I don't really have any pointers other than use a meat thermometer and take it off when you hit about 125-130 and let the meat rest in a foil tent for about 10 to 15 minutes. If you cook steak enough you learn to be able to tell what temp it's cooked up by feel, but I just got this badass new Thermapen for my smoker and it's like cheating lol.

I’ve never bbq’d before and ours currently is on the fritz (we have a big propane grill). So I had to make do with skillet 

4 minutes ago, iStu X said:

I’ve never bbq’d before and ours currently is on the fritz (we have a big propane grill). So I had to make do with skillet 

Ironically, I'm in the market for a new gas grill and was doing some Google research a few minutes ago lol. The one I've had for years now is finally getting to the point where I need to replace it. Ideally I'd go for a Weber Kettle charcoal grill. But I grill several times a week, especially in the summer when it's too hot to cook inside. And it's just too much work to set up a bed of coals for just my wife and I when the grill sees that much traffic every week. Propane is just way more convenient. 

Grilling is awesome though, and as much as you like to cook I'd recommend getting into it. It's super fun and the food is great.

Edited by Chadouken
6 minutes ago, iStu X said:

This is actually a really good tutorial for cooking steak in a skillet and he explains the "touch test" at about 1:06, which is how you can use the firmness of different parts of your hand to see how cooked or not cooked your steak is. 

https://youtu.be/MtIiR7DBAq

Edit: apparently MegaShock the site is a vegetarian, it won't embed the video 😂

Edited by DoctaMario
1 minute ago, DoctaMario said:

This is actually a really good tutorial for cooking steak in a skillet and he explains the "touch test" which at about 1:06, which is how you can use the firmness of different parts of your hand to see how cooked or not cooked your steak is. 

It will. Just separate it from the paragraph 

2 hours ago, iStu X said:

I almost didn’t show this off cause it’s not medium rare it’s medium.

Bruh, it's alright. Medium is still ok, but don't push it any further. Before you know it you'll be eating leather 🤣.

2 hours ago, iStu X said:

In my defense, this is the first time I’ve ever cooked a steak. I was also doing others things too which I know I shouldn’t have done while cooking it. I may not like steak that much but you don’t disrespect steak like that. 

One way that has helped me get better at cooking steak is by reverse searing. You cook the steak at 275 degrees to  about -10 to 20 degrees of preferred doneness) and then sear the outside on a hot pan. It takes longer, but the result is pretty consistent. This is practically a requirement for 1 inch+ cuts of meat. You get a more tender result and a crust that is perfection.

Also, a oven probe and instant read thermometer are kitchen essentials if you are just learning how to make a steak. Once you get the cook time down (per cut) it'll become easier to just know.  

Edited by OPTIMUS124
Just now, iStu X said:

Then you live in a grimy as fuck city lol. 

Here's the thing: the club doesn't even serve food, so idk how they even go that inside

There's also about a dozen seating areas, an upstairs bar with a balcony area, and a downstairs bar. Like, they bypassed ALL that shit to go eat in a restroom. I'm thinkin it's someone who works there lol

9 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Skillet cooking a steak is perfectly fine and effective and can make some absolutly amazing steak...but you'll never get that fire taste, that wood taste (If you use wood) by cooking on a skillet. 

I soak my steak, bellpeppers & onions in Dale's seasoning then skillet cook mine to medium all the time, they come out great (usually). And definitely, you can't beat that grilled taste, but I suck at grilling so I'm stuck with the skillet til I gain more confidence 😔

13 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

This is actually a really good tutorial for cooking steak in a skillet and he explains the "touch test" at about 1:06, which is how you can use the firmness of different parts of your hand to see how cooked or not cooked your steak is. 

"Video unavailable."  Susan is a steak burning, knuckle dragging savage.  Fact check = True.  Only one of such despicable ilk would try to hide access to a video that tells us the truth.

Edited by Deadly_Raver
21 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

Did you enjoy it? If so, that's all that matters. If you get 10 cooks in a room together you'll get 12 different ways of cooking a steak the "right" way. 

I mean, it was fine? I can easily go without having it again for a while. I just don’t really like red meat

Edited by iStu X
4 hours ago, Maxx said:

Not everyone deserves a film budget

SNIP

Crazy how people are STILL trying to chase the wagon of Jordan Peele's Get Out, when even Jordan Peele himself did something different than Race-based horror for his second film (Us). I'm wondering if he can even come back to racial horror with the bad copy cats that have come out between Get Out and now.

Just now, Chadouken said:

@OPTIMUS124 have you ever tried sous vide? I haven't personally but a buddy of mine cooked some ribeyes that way and then reverse seared them and said they were incredible. 

No, but I know someone who has cooked with one. The result was quite awesome!

Right now I am trying to perfect the basics with some really solid reading material:

hDramv_4-MDd-TVRHevvQAINtMKpvGmF4Ko_0TWk

Yep, JP 1's magic was undeniable. It still holds up to this day. I'm glad it came out during the age I was still fascinated by dinosaurs. All the sequels that came after have tried and failed to capture that same magic (which is amazing considering the movie has a particular amount of gore). Spielberg at his finest

yeah the only Jurassic Park that was memorable or even interesting to me was the first one.  

*Again with those Sleepwalker creatures.... thinking it over... yeah I'd definitely be one if I got the chance.... they have an arguably better deal than even "regular" vampires....they can walk around in daylight with no problem, for one thing.  Their only weakness was the scratches and bites from cats.  That's a strange weakness/curse to have, but it's easily manageable, imo.... I'd just keep my distance at all times, and kill any that want to try me.  They're seemingly invulnerable or able to heal up from all other damage, and there's also the shapeshifting and illusion-casting abilities to consider.  That's a good deal, imo.

I could see how others might not like the restrictive feeding requirement for them though... the life-force/soul of virgin female humans.  This is where your story goes down quite a dark road, of course... because there's a really easy, obvious way to simplify that situation, but of course I'd rather not get on any watch-lists by actually saying it in clear terms 🤣  In the context of a VTM table-top session (*seems like the equivalent would be a "Gangrel" character with a severe feeding restriction flaw + the illusion shenanigans of a Ravnos + Obfuscate for the invisibility.), that's definitely an idea requiring a "trigger warning" for some people, I'm sure.

ooh...I imagine a weapon fashioned from the claws and teeth of a cat would obviously be a serious problem for them... make a sword or some projectiles out of that and that's Game Over for them.

but yeah, I wish this story was next on the list of Stephen King remake ideas... imagine how cool it would be with a proper budget and today's special effects and production standards.  

Edited by MillionX
5 minutes ago, scorp said:

This ain't the first "black folk moving into a neighbourhood with a racist white neighbour" and it won't be the last lol

Nah its the fact it's clearly a get out ripoff. Theirs been a slew of them in the past year or so. 

6 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Nah its the fact it's clearly a get out ripoff. Theirs been a slew of them in the past year or so. 

Yea I guess Get Out finally started making the black protagonist against the evil white folk movies popular.

But this Karen movie is a little too on the nose lol

I totally had plans to stay the fuck low in terms of dating this summer. 

-early summer my ex(not redheaded devil spawn spy) tried to relationship me up even though we both just got out a divorce and for some fuckin crazy reason she thought.. Yeah let's jump right into one. Da fuck

-currently smashin a Jamaican who I've seen twice and now "we're dating" according to her. 

-and now a girl I've been crushing on for years who's a friend suddenly showed up in my Darin app matching me. Lmfao 

I take no responsibility in what happens this summer. The fates have deemed I die by August. 

Edited by Maxx
5 minutes ago, Maxx said:

I totally had plans to stay the fuck low in terms of dating this summer. 

-early summer my ex(not redheaded devil spawn spy) tried to relationship me up even though we both just got out a divorce and for some fuckin crazy reason she thought.. Yeah let's jump right into one. Da fuck

-currently smashin a Jamaican who I've seen twice and now "we're dating" according to her. 

-and now a girl I've been crushing on for years who's a friend suddenly showed up in my Darin app matching me. Lmfao 

I take no responsibility in what happens this summer. The fates have deemed I die by August. 

It's always when you stop looking or decide you're done that a ton of options seem to fall into your lap

9 minutes ago, Faltimar the Dark said:

How many std's you got @Maxx?

Man, I think steak snobs are silly.  I love beef.  I dont give a fuck what cut or how its cooked.  I'll eat the shit and enjoy it.  Put some potatoes with that shit and Im a happy man.

0 I have 0

15 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Totally opposite. What is this even a reference to? Lmfao. Nah I'm drowning with her 

Maybe I should have used a different expression.

I was trying to imply that you busted so much that there isn't any jizz left. 

That was my experience dating some Jamaican girl years ago lol.

4 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

Maybe I should have used a different expression.

I was trying to imply that you busted so much that there isn't any jizz left. 

That was my experience dating some Jamaican girl years ago lol.

OH...yeah that's desturbingly accurate. When the pom Pom appears.. You suddenly know how to pond de river

Edited by Maxx