Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

54 minutes ago, MillionX said:

so, that dude with the crazy Bart Simpson hair that represented himself got convicted of course

When I went to jail there was a dude who was defending himself.  We went to court and he stood tall before the man and started babbling Latin shit cause I guess he though it made him sound smart.  Judge basically told the guy he was too stupid to defend himself and he was going to be appointed a lawyer.  There was more said than that but I cant remember, it was kind of a stressful time.  But the judge made a fool of the guy.  I was embarrassed for him.

4 hours ago, axeman61 said:

Crazy how people are STILL trying to chase the wagon of Jordan Peele's Get Out, when even Jordan Peele himself did something different than Race-based horror for his second film (Us). I'm wondering if he can even come back to racial horror with the bad copy cats that have come out between Get Out and now.

I'm sure Jordan realizes that he did the movie equivalent of knocking out a charging tiger with an uppercut.  Basically, he made a hit movie that should've flopped by all accounts.  I doubt he'll try twice, but the rest of these fucks aren't getting the message................and so the tiger known as "Box office flop" shall claim them.

14 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

My sister who lives in Tacoma was telling me today that putting peanut butter on burgers is a thing out there. What the fuck are people doing out there?

Peanut butter on hot dogs. With bacon. It’s known as the Hosmer. You can get one at the Red Hot off 6th ave and pacific in Tacoma as well as a lot of food trucks in downtown Seattle. It’s bomb as fuck yo. Don’t knock it until you try it. It’s super popular back home.

Same with cream cheese and grilled onions on a hot dog. Which is one of my favorites. 

Edited by iStu X
Just now, DangerousJ said:

I would be willing to try the cream cheese/onion combination on the hot dog. Sounds intriguing.

Im a little hesitant on the pb and bacon. 

The winner would be the one doesnt make me run to take a dump.

The pb and bacon one goes good with stouts. The Red Hot is also a bar that only serves local (WA, ID, OR and Vancouver Canada) beer and wine. It was my favorite spot to go back home. Super nice staff, awesome food, everything they serve is local even the veggies and buns. 

1 hour ago, DoctaMario said:

My sister who lives in Tacoma was telling me today that putting peanut butter on burgers is a thing out there. What the fuck are people doing out there?

....................Peanut butter burger?   My stomach went into turbulence from just reading that.  Ew.  What's next, Jelly on hot dogs?

...............I probably shouldn't have said that.

11 hours ago, iStu X said:

Peanut butter on hot dogs. With bacon. It’s known as the Hosmer. You can get one at the Red Hot off 6th ave and pacific in Tacoma as well as a lot of food trucks in downtown Seattle. It’s bomb as fuck yo. Don’t knock it until you try it. It’s super popular back home.

Same with cream cheese and grilled onions on a hot dog. Which is one of my favorites. 

gross dumb and dumber GIF

I would try it but I'm gonna knock the fuck out of it because it sounds like putting orange juice on cereal because you ran out of milk

Edited by DoctaMario
5 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

Peanut butter might actually be my favorite food. 

I'm one of those dudes that has a spoonful with breakfast every morning

I think that the texture of peanut butter on white bread just triggers some childhood PTSD for me.   Probably not actually the peanut butter's fault, it tastes pretty good.

Peanut sauce, fantastic.  Reese's Cups, great.  Peanut butter cookies, fucking amazing.  

Edited by Reticently
40 minutes ago, iStu X said:

It’s not on a burger. It’s on a hot dog. There’s a huge delicious difference. 😡

My sister was talking about PB on burgers. Even on a hot dog it still sounds wack 

9 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Some of the best foods in the world are drunk foods. 

I would agree, especially if we're talking about garbage plates. But in this case, it sounds a lot like when I'd be drinking jack n cokes and run out of coke so I'd mix it with Mountain Dew which is horrible and something I'd only have considered doing because I was drunk af. 

8 minutes ago, iStu X said:

Jack n the Box knows this too which is why they have their menu you can only order from after 10pm. Cause no one on earth would order that shit sober 

I don't really eat Jack in the box, but I absolutely love how they're totally up front about the fact that they menu is made for people who are drunk/high 😂

On 6/22/2021 at 9:30 AM, OPTIMUS124 said:

No, but I know someone who has cooked with one. The result was quite awesome!

Right now I am trying to perfect the basics with some really solid reading material:

hDramv_4-MDd-TVRHevvQAINtMKpvGmF4Ko_0TWk

Those are like the best books about food and cooking out right now.  Great choices.  Salt Fat Acid Heat had a Netflix thing you should check out.  And I've followed J Kenji Alt Lopez for years on serious eats--excellent, intelligent, scientific reasoning on cooking procedure and busts a number of cooking myths perpetuated by pro chefs  for years.  Definitely must-have cooking resources.

If you want to explore baking, I highly, highly recommend Stella Parks' BraveTart.  She's also a major player for Serious Eats alongside Kenji, and they've worked together on a number of pieces for the site.  Again, provides solid reasoning behind ingredient choice and procedure instead of "cuz the great chefs of the past did it" that so many other cookbooks do.