Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

3 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

At age 33, I got one strand of Grey hair in my beard, but I'd gladly take greys over baldness anyday.

Being that I've had dreads for over half my life, I'm probably gonna cry when (or if) I start balding cuz I'm gonna have to cut all my shit off. Or look like Floyd Mayweather's dad did a few years back 😭

Say no more my dude.  We can rebuild them.  We have the technology.

45 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

these fight me prank videos are funny. Guy thinking he's gonna scare off a small guy, and then like 20 guys show up lol.

Ironically, this is more dangerous to do in a red state, where the MAGA heads will just pull a gun out and unload clips on any melanin enhanced people they see.

After seeing how these weebs are acting I am all for the return of bullying.  Some of y'all need to get shoved into lockers which is why I am so glad we have the report system we have here that autohides shit but also saddened by the fact that it never gets used.     Half these little weirdos are ahego hoodie wearing filipino children and I can't help but wonder how their morals were influenced by all the rampant sex tourism that goes on there.   

35 minutes ago, Angel said:

After seeing how these weebs are acting I am all for the return of bullying.  Some of y'all need to get shoved into lockers which is why I am so glad we have the report system we have here the autohides shit but also saddened by the fact that it never gets used.     Half these little weirdos are ahego hoodie wearing filipino children and I can't help but wonder how their morals were influenced by all the rampant sex tourism that goes on there.   

wut

It's a Saturday man.  You gotta relax.

1 hour ago, Angel said:

After seeing how these weebs are acting I am all for the return of bullying.  Some of y'all need to get shoved into lockers which is why I am so glad we have the report system we have here that autohides shit but also saddened by the fact that it never gets used.     Half these little weirdos are ahego hoodie wearing filipino children and I can't help but wonder how their morals were influenced by all the rampant sex tourism that goes on there.   

Who is this "y'all?"

It's just Cipher.

5 minutes ago, scorp said:

One thing I've learned in a lifetime on the internet... Can't trust anyone with an anime avatar.

This is the 1st level of internet theory. While fundamentally sound, it does not optimize how to interact with an anime avatar.

The real optimal way is to agree with them and gaslight them, then turn around and speak half-truths and lies about their favorite content. This might include talking about the secret E button in Uni that you "heard from a friend," asking what the villain of Guilty Gear - Sol Badguy - did that was so bad, and talking about different Justus in Dragon Ball.

Note that this will not deter them from typing. They love the attention, and that's OK. Just remember you're doing the world some justice. They spend less of our global oxygen supply by typing instead of speaking, and so you are conserving the balance of humanity.

39 minutes ago, AYO?! said:

Man do I love playing Mortal Kombat.

Community is fuck awful and full of casuals, but the game is real enjoyable to just play and learn. All I got right now, might make like....ramen later I guess. That's pretty dank right.

Agreed, outside of some of SNK's stuff, NRS fighters have been some of my favorites in the past gen or so. 

One thing that I like about the community being so full of casuals is that if you actually take a few min and grind out a couple combos, you can beat a good portion of them even as a beginner. It makes it a lot easier to learn at the beginning then some games where everyone's good and if you're just starting you're going to take a lot of lumps. 

I made things today. The first one is chocolate zucchini bread and the second is chocolate covered cherry cookies. The latter I made for my mom who turned 62 today. 

15ACBBE2-950B-436E-89BD-539AE552BCC4.thumb.jpeg.49dc4a123fce3b30827b040994e89814.jpegCA383354-577E-49B9-A339-7C910B7CB452.thumb.jpeg.0a1d0013a1815ddc7ea4126df159823a.jpeg

Im only *slightly* disappointed with how the cookies turned out. Cause you only get the chocolate covered cherry taste from the frosting and if you happen to bite into the maraschino cherry. Otherwise it just tastes like a chocolate cookie 

Thankfully, it’s something I enjoyed making due to is simplicity and I thought of tons of way to improve the recipe as soon as I bit into one. 

I haven’t tried the chocolate zucchini bread but I’m super excited to. The extra loaf is for my sister and her family. They’re visiting for the weekend to help celebrate my moms birthday. It’s also one of my sister and I’s favorite breads to make. When I told her I was making it she got super excited since she hasnt had it since I moved out 

Edited by iStu X
36 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

Do you like  MK 11 more than 10?

Yes, but debatable if I like it more than MK9. X was enjoyable but I didn't really enjoy moving around characters all that much or playing online despite getting really high in the ranking.

Like I just used Grandmaster Subs and Slasher Jason and that was it fam. MK11 is pretty damn accessible and balancing I feel like a lot of the cast can genuinely take tournaments outside of maybe Shao Kahn, who's just fucking horrible still. Also it is fun, I know fun is subjective, but I have a lot more fun in 11 than I did in X honestly.

7 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

Agreed, outside of some of SNK's stuff, NRS fighters have been some of my favorites in the past gen or so. 

One thing that I like about the community being so full of casuals is that if you actually take a few min and grind out a couple combos, you can beat a good portion of them even as a beginner. It makes it a lot easier to learn at the beginning then some games where everyone's good and if you're just starting you're going to take a lot of lumps. 

True, and if they are new-new I practice some stuff and toss them a bone but don't make it entirely easy on them, like let them do their big combo they've been trying to land and stuff. I also don't T-Bag/Fatality and throw a Friendship out if they were chill. 

For the most part the casual and comp crowd is pretty friendly at least.

Him:  "Godzilla's out there and he's hurting people and we don't know why."

Godzilla: Pulls out a long ass list of shit that humans have done to him over the course of the past 50+ years of movies, TV shows, Videogames, and Various other instances.

" A very good question sir.  Have a seat because this is gonna take a while..........."

Edited by Deadly_Raver

sheeeittt, imagine what could be out there..

Exo planet stuff....

^hopefully that terribly long link works... It would seem like that increases the odds even more, when we find planets like this that are apparently similar to Earth.  Imagine...an "Earth 2" with the same kind of geography going on...the surface being mostly water, an atmosphere, etc... there would have to be all kinds of interesting creatures living over there.  I also wonder if similarity to Earth also means a similar animal/insect kingdom... that would be fascinating; alternate versions of everything we see here, including a dominant humanoid species that has advanced to the point of building civilizations, technology, forms of entertainment, etc.  What if it's a younger planet, and at this very moment they're still in the Bronze Age..?  On the other hand, what if they've been around a longer period of time and are more advanced?  There's that old quote that always stuck with me as as such a cool thing-- "sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."  Imagine if modern-day humans went back in time to the era of hunter-gatherer hominid species... from their perspective, we would be strange, perhaps divine beings with magical artifacts they can't fully understand.