Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

3 hours ago, HD-Man said:

Space Jam 2 dropped today, my whole timeline bout to give the movie 0 out of 10 stars without even watching it just cuz Lebron's in it then act like the first was a cinematic masterpiece.

The mental gymnastics they're about to put themselves thru to shit on Bron, dude could cure cancer and they'll say he should've cured Lupus instead 😂

Donald Trump:  First time?

6 hours ago, MillionX said:

Well, they mentioned this moment on last night's episode so of course I had to go dig this gold up to see for myself.... they put it to the test live right there on the show that day... 😆:

and hell yeah she is SMOKIN' hot...being in her Friend Zone must be eternal torment.

they should do this more often... eh, the problem of course is that most girls probably wouldn't want to do this live on the show, I bet.... in most cases it would be because deep down they KNOW the result if they suddenly hit their straight male friend up with a call or text about wanting to fuck or something like that.

This is something I'm not getting, so I must be missing something. I am, after all, someone who's never really tried the dating scene. This is in general; not just the video.

Why is being a woman's friend being treated as being mutually exclusive from wanting to fuck them? Does it mess up the friendship THAT much? If I was friends with a fine woman, and she offered to have sex with me, chances are HELL YEAH I'm taking that. It doesn't have to mean I was only there for the ass from the jump, or that I'm just "pretending" to be her friend in order to fuck. But all this "men and women can't be friends" is framing men as pervs who only want pussy from some women and will tolerate friendship from others. I see no reason it can't be both. Am I just seeing weirdos, or am I just socially awkward?

Edited by axeman61
3 minutes ago, axeman61 said:

Why is being a woman's friend being treated as being mutually exclusive from wanting to fuck them? Does it mess up the friendship THAT much? If I was friends with a fine woman, and she offered to have sex with me, chances are HELL YEAH I'm taking that. It doesn't have to mean I was only there for the ass from the jump, or that I'm just "pretending" to be her friend in order to fuck. But all this "men and women can't be friends" is framing men as pervs who only want pussy from some women and will tolerate friendship from others. I see no reason it can't be both. Am I just seeing weirdos, or am I just socially awkward?

It's all about mutual understanding. People think that there is some sort of rulebook when it comes to sex. At the end of the day, what happens is that one person's feelings (male or female) go into overdrive and that is what screws it up. It's basically a misunderstanding of where you are. 

15 minutes ago, axeman61 said:

Men and women can be friends, and they can have sex without it ruining the friendship.  But once you add sex to a friendship it destabilizes it in a way that heavily trends towards the whole thing blowing up. 

Feels getting caught by someone if you keep having sex, or the expectation of sex happening again someday if you don't, adds strain to the whole thing that wasn't there before.  Like, it isn't the best move if the friendship itself is genuinely all that important to both people.

Edited by Reticently
14 minutes ago, axeman61 said:

This is something I'm not getting, so I must be missing something. I am, after all, someone who's never really tried the dating scene. This is in general; not just the video.

It's multiple levels and not one easy answer for it. 

But it Def can fuck up a relationship.. It doesn't matter if you put down rules. Feelings don't care.. Sex is a connection that your body will often decide they are into that person even though consciously you arent trying to be. 

Jealousy also can play a part. Yeah you are friends, but she gets into a relationship or you do, jealously can play a part. Maybe you realize you wanted more and didn't know til you slept with someone. 

Or their partner finds out yall had sex and worries it may happen again so they stop it. 

Eh, more than likely It wouldn't mess up the friendship from *my* side at least... I'm more of a romantically inclined person, which may be surprising to some...so I'd rather have the ongoing relationship.  One of the possible downsides at least to me would be if we hook up that one time... but that's the end of it there, and she wants to go *back* to being "just friends" after that.....that would be a depressing thing to me.  Really, if all I cared about was fuckin'... there's this thing called prostitution that would be an easy fix for any man's problem with that aspect of life....I'd always say just buy some "pros" if that's literally the only thing one cares about.

An old friendzone from my college days--- Lisa... I consider it a fortunate thing that I'm not *STILL* there in that infamous zone, btw... college was actually the last time we spoke.  I could only imagine how agonizing it would've been to still be in her "orbit" all these years, on the sidelines as she hooks up with various other dudes, but never me.....nah, fuck that.  I dare anyone to claim they are mentally/emotionally "ok" with that situation for a prolonged period of time.  If you still have those feelings for that person, it's just going to continue being painful to still be in their life but NEVER as someone they love in that way.  EDIT---oh and that's the interesting bit of the torment there... since you are the "Friend"... this person is absolutely going to tell you allll about these other people they're hooking up with over the years, and their frustrations with whoever it is this time, "why can't more guys be like you?" etc. etc. etc.

ha, sidenote---she's actually still on my facebook friend list, but we still haven't said even a single word to each other in years. 😆

that was an especially bad one... but yeah, one of the only great things about that Zone...people aren't necessarily trapped---it's like a prison with no bars---  The door is always open to just walk away from the situation, whenever you feel you have had enough of that pain.

Edited by MillionX
32 minutes ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

It's all about mutual understanding. People think that there is some sort of rulebook when it comes to sex. At the end of the day, what happens is that one person's feelings (male or female) go into overdrive and that is what screws it up. It's basically a misunderstanding of where you are. 

I don't have any problem with your post, just looking at your av though.   

Man, Teletran one may not know what's going on, but  I do.  Optimus is using teletran 1 to buy his own replacement.  I mean, yeah I do the same thing, but that was an HP computer.  You do whatever you like to those because they're scum and they deserve it, but Teletran 1 is part of your family.  He flew you all to Earth over 4 million years ago, and you dump him out for some hot new thang?   For Shame Optimus.  For shame.

12 hours ago, HD-Man said:

The friend zone is self imposed I've come to learn, if a person isn't attracted to you in the same way you're attracted to them, you simply stop being their friend. Unrequited love will end in doom, best to cut ties early and save the heartache

Many women won't actually tell you they're not attracted to you tho, as some love to have guys fawn over them and stroke their ego. But the signs are ALWAYS there whether you pay attention or not 

TLDR: Don't be a Mordecai, be a Rigby

I always find it super fucking irritating that everyone gives Mordecai shit even though he ends up having an amazing and fulfilling life with someone after he gets over his own insecurities and other personal shit he deals with throughout the series.

They ignore all the amazing character development he gets through the series and only focus on the stuff that everyone who tries to understand as they go through life. Which is the complexities of relationships, whether they romantic or otherwise. I don’t get how people can perceive that as “bad”. 

yeah, he chased after a girl who ultimately had no interest in him. Yeah he fucked up some relationships. But what guy hasn’t? Hell what person hasn’t? It’s always hilarious to me when guys act like they’ve never been enamored with a girl who never reciprocated those feelings back or has a hard time getting over something or someone. Cause everyone knows that’s some bullshit.

You weren’t hot shit from jump, probably aren’t now and probably never will be. you’ve all been “friend zoned” or have simped or have had a hard time getting over someone. I don’t believe a single fucking one of of you, or any other man who says otherwise. 

Edited by iStu X

I don't think anyone here denied being in the friend zone or simping before, Stu. I have, and that's EXACTLY why I know how to avoid doing it in the future.

Honestly I'm generally like that with everything, if it causes me to compromise my morals or integrity, I'm backing the hell out. Like that saying goes, stand for something or fall for anything 🤷🏾‍♂️

Edited by HD-Man
17 minutes ago, iStu X said:

I always find it super fucking irritating that everyone gives Mordecai shit even though he ends up having an amazing and fulfilling life with someone after he gets over his own insecurities and other personal shit he deals with throughout the series.

They ignore all the amazing character development he gets through the series and only focus on the stuff that everyone who tries to understand as they go through life. Which is the complexities of relationships, whether they romantic or otherwise. I don’t get how people can perceive that as “bad”. 

yeah, he chased after a girl who ultimately had no interest in him. Yeah he fucked up some relationships. But what guy hasn’t? It’s always hilarious to me when guys act like they’ve never been enamored with a girl who never reciprocated those feelings back or has a hard time getting over something or someone. Cause everyone knows that’s some bullshit.

You weren’t hot shit from jump, probably aren’t now and probably never will be. you’ve all been “friend zoned” or have simped. I don’t believe a single fucking one of of you, or any other man who says otherwise. 

You aight my dude? You good? Because you seem to be taking a joke at a fictional character's expense way too hard in your ass. Lighten up

14 minutes ago, BB_Hoody said:

You aight my dude? You good? Because you seem to be taking a joke at a fictional character's expense way too hard in your ass. Lighten up

I’m fine, actually. It’s just genuinely irritating cause whenever someone mentions it or says something about it it’s always done in an air of “that’s never happened to me”/“I’d never let that happen to me”/“people who let that happen to them are idiots” when its something any normal fucking human goes through. 

and like I said, they always ignore what Mordecai’s ending was. He figured shit out and found the people and things that made him happy. That’s what people should take away from mordecai not “lol what a simp”

Edited by iStu X
4 minutes ago, iStu X said:

I’m fine. It’s just genuinely irritating cause whenever someone mentions it or says something about it it’s always done in an air of “that’s never happened to me”/“I’d never let that happen to me”/“people who let that happen to them are idiots” when its something any normal fucking human goes through. 

The thing is Mordecai was in his 20s moving like that. That simp phase is usually during ones middle and high school years. And also we can't ignore Rigby

Rigby is the polar opposite of Mordecai when it comes to women. He by default interacts with women the same as he does with any guy. He don't put them on a  pedestal or change up. He gives no fucks. Thus can just casually ask Margret out for lulz and actually get a date with her.

He only changed up and began doing the most for a woman. Illene. When she showed the same level of attraction for him that he had for her, and impressed him with parts of her character and personality. That's why I say be a Rigby.

6 minutes ago, BB_Hoody said:

The thing is Mordecai was in his 20s moving like that. That simp phase is usually during ones middle and high school years. And also we can't ignore Rigby

Rigby is the polar opposite of Mordecai when it comes to women. He by default interacts with women the same as he does with any guy. He don't put them on a  pedestal or change up. He gives no fucks. Thus can just casually ask Margret out for lulz and actually get a date with her.

He only changed up and began doing the most for a woman. Illene. When she showed the same level of attraction for him that he had for her, and impressed him with parts of her character and personality. That's why I say be a Rigby.

Or everyone goes through life and grows differently? Who cares what age he was at? Everyone mentally and emotionally matures differently. Everyone experiences relationships differently 

Edited by iStu X

Anyways, today was a really good day. Had my yearly psyche/physical evaluation my insurance makes me do every year. Went by quick and painless. I’ve been reading comics for most the day while having documentaries on in the back ground. 

oh, I also filled out a bunch of applications today. 

Did grilled cheese and soup for dinner…which was fine? Gotta run some errands tomorrow which hopefully includes picking up Skyward Sword HD. A friend is coming over sometime next week and we’re gonna clean my kitchen and bake. 

Sisters birthday is on the 25th. I don’t know if we’re going to visit her or if she’s coming to visit us. I hope we visit her. I miss seeing her pets. Lol 

This month has been insanely busy. So it’s not surprising to me it’s already half over. Thankfully not much happening in august outside of my parents anniversary. Dunno what my sister and I are gunna do about that. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Edited by iStu X
On 7/15/2021 at 11:21 AM, AriesWarlock said:
According to ESPN, the network averaged 6,488,000 viewers for the Euro 2020 Final. It was nearly two million more viewers than ESPN’s previous high for a Euro Final, which came in 2012, Spain vs Italy. Another 2.9 million tuned in Sunday on Univision, combining for a total average audience of 9.4 million people in the United States who watched the Euro 2020 Final.

In comparison, the NBA Finals, which air on ESPN’s sister network ABC have averaged 8.9 million viewers through three games, featuring the Milwaukee Bucks and Phoenix Suns. 8.56M in Game 1, 9.38M for Game 2 and 9.02 during Game 3. Viewership peaked at 11.1 million during Games 2 and 3. If the Euro Final aired on ABC instead of cable, the audience would have grown even more.

Couple of thoughts about this:

One, viewership of both American Football and Basketball are dropping partly because of all this BLM bullshit. People don't like getting lectured about unfairness by millionaire jocks/celebrities (of any race).

Also Milwaukee and Phoenix aren't very popular NBA teams. Not trying to defend the NBA at all but it is definitely true.

I'm not surprised that soccer viewership is rising in the US. What is surprising to me is that people here in Vietnam will stay up until 2 A.M. to watch some teams they have NO RELATION TO AT ALL. There are no Vietnamese players in the Euroleagues, and even if they were, they're not playing in a national team tournament anyway.

I watch tournament steams of FG tournaments, but not at 2 am, and I actually have a chance to meet and interact with FG players. Soccer fans have no chance to meet their favorite players. It just seems like a huge waste of time to root for teams outside of your country and who you'll probably never even see play in person.

People find a lot of ways to waste their time, and sports tribalism is definitely one of the strangest to me.

I guess like the old saying goes, "Simpin' aint easy no matter what age you are.".

I brought my plants into the patio so as to get them out of the direct sunlight.  Cats decided to use one (tiny sprout) pot as a bathroom.  I was sad cause the plant is lost.  The cats are indoor cats so I cant be too mad at them for wanting to poo in  real dirt.  They may never get another chance.  Or it could just really be a long time.

4 hours ago, iStu X said:

yeah, he chased after a girl who ultimately had no interest in him. Yeah he fucked up some relationships. But what guy hasn’t? Hell what person hasn’t? It’s always hilarious to me when guys act like they’ve never been enamored with a girl who never reciprocated those feelings back or has a hard time getting over something or someone. Cause everyone knows that’s some bullshit.

You weren’t hot shit from jump, probably aren’t now and probably never will be. you’ve all been “friend zoned” or have simped or have had a hard time getting over someone. I don’t believe a single fucking one of of you, or any other man who says otherwise. 

tl;dr

some of ya'll poop on Mordecai because you don't want to admit you WERE Mordecai

Edited by TheInfernoman

hate that I fell asleep while the Jody's Corner podcast was on... the whole episode was taken down since they got too carried away using so many Star Wars clips and Loki music...so it's one of those times where if you didn't see it live, then you just missed it forever, I guess. They had a segment coming up I wanted to see---Nerdy girls vrs. Ratchets (NOT even a close contest, imo....nerdy girls all day everyday, folks)

Here's an interesting one from another channel I like to keep up with-- Mythology & Fiction Explained takes a quick look at the Book of Enoch...

Edited by MillionX
4 hours ago, TheInfernoman said:

tl;dr

some of ya'll poop on Mordecai because you don't want to admit you WERE Mordecai

I fully acknowledge I was once a Mordecai. Like HD-MAN said. No one denied that. That's why we are saying not to be him. We know first hand that shit gets you nowhere with women.

Yeah we all make mistakes and learn. But the wise learn from the mistakes of others. So I hope people will be wise and take it from those who've been there. Don't be a Mordecai.

Yeah, MJ couldn't act either, but he has a lot more charisma than bland-ass LBJ. I don't think it has anything to do with Bron's social agenda or whatever.

And there was also Bill Murray.

And the epic soundtrack. Does this new movie even have any remotely memorable songs? Nah dawg.

^oh yeah---Butt Preference, you know I can't resist that topic---- I like a variety of types so most of that list will catch my attention.  The best though is "soft bubble" with nice jiggle motion on those cheeks.  It's also preferable if the hips are a bit wide...nothing crazy but noticeable.  From a full-on back view, it's also nice if it looks like an upside down heart shape.  The main celeb that comes to mind with the greatest famous ass I've ever seen would be prime Jennifer Lopez... also---Vida Guerra.  Those asses are perfection.

ha, I was still going thru the comments section on that video where "Kat" on Fresh & Fit texted her male friend about wanting to fuck... it's such gold here, as expected.  One dude posted "this man has waited his whole life for this call." 🤣  I can't get enough... it's a shame there aren't more videos of this sort of thing being tested live on a show.  It's also funny that his first reaction was understandably one of suspicion; right away, he wondered if he was being set up.

I'm curious now... about how many times this would NOT go the same way?  The majority of the time, if Attractive Female Friend tests the theory and sends a "booty-call" text/call to Male Friend.....you know damn well that dude is going to take the bait easily.  I'd go so far as to say that most women are indeed aware of this, they just like to pretend this isn't the case for various reasons....I doubt there's a large % of them that are so naive they genuinely believe their friend wouldn't take that opportunity if presented with it....unless of course there's certain special circumstances like he's married or they are co-workers, etc... and even that's just a "maybe".

aha, I found her instagram page, actually:

https://www.instagram.com/kittycorrao/

Imagine being in the "friend zone" with that fine muthafucka.... hell to the naw, man... there's no way anyone should continue to put themselves through that pain.  Ah, I see she has a tattoo or 2 though...so that's a bit of a point deduction right there, at least.

*edit again---seriously, goddamn: https://www.instagram.com/p/CCmk0Afg2wv/ 

She is also on Twitch, I see https://www.twitch.tv/kittycorrao/about oh....well she hasn't streamed in several months though...but oh yeah; tabs will be kept.

Edited by MillionX
1 hour ago, BB_Hoody said:

First space Jam at least looked better. Looney Tunes was NOT meant for 3D animation. 

Looney Tunes are like 2D for like 80% of the movie, they only hit 3D in the final act of the movie, did you watch it?  First one definitely did NOT look better, hell, Roger Rabbit came 10 years before and still looked better than the first Space Jam. lol 

I'll give yall the soundtrack tho, music back then was better all around in general

1 minute ago, HD-Man said:

Roger Rabbit came 10 years before and still looked better than the first Space Jam. 

💯

Both animation and live action acting. 

Seeing Jordan in a movie is cool and all, but he not my choice to act against a bunch of cartoon characters.
He was fine in Hanes commercials, but he no Hollywood material. 

Bob Hoskins in Who Framed Roger Rabbit killed it as Eddie Valiant.

Edited by DarkSakul
2 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Looney Tunes are like 2D for like 80% of the movie, they only hit 3D in the final act of the movie, did you watch it?  First one definitely did NOT look better, hell, Roger Rabbit came 10 years before and still looked better than the first Space Jam. lol 

I'll give yall the soundtrack tho, music back then was better all around in general

Ok ya got me there. I'm going off the trailers I saw. And none of them showed 2D animation. Thank for acknowledging good music when you hear it. And we all know Rodger Rabbit is the GOAT when it comes to blending 2D and live action. Why bring it up?