Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

1 hour ago, AriesWarlock said:

JESUS CHRIST.

I mean that. I didn't even know pay dipped that low. Now I know why my mom instilled it into me to tip my servers. I'm hoping this is fake or a typo. Because if not...

How the FUCK can any business complain about people getting handouts when they're paying an hourly wage that wouldn't even crack 5K annually if a worker worked 40 hours a week for a whole year? At that point, it's stupid for the worker to NOT take the handouts. If you can't possibly match government handouts, you need to be out of business.

21 minutes ago, BB_Hoody said:

If you are a man married or planing to get married. Do not live in Cali. You will get rekt should divorce happen. Like cactus coated with salt and lemon juice up the ass rekt

Apparently it could've been worse for Dre without a prenup, atleast that's what I hear. I don't even wanna think would could have been 

17 minutes ago, axeman61 said:

How the FUCK can any business complain about people getting handouts when they're paying an hourly wage that wouldn't even crack 5K annually if a worker worked 40 hours a week for a whole year? At that point, it's stupid for the worker to NOT take the handouts. If you can't possibly match government handouts, you need to be out of business.

That's actually pretty common for restaurants to pay $2 and change for wait staff.  The tips are supposed to make up for it.  It's still bullshit, but it's common bullshit.

DNS outage takes down large chunk of the internet — Steam, HBO Max, and more are all offline

Something's up with the internet today, and it's not your connection. Dozens of sites across the web are currently offline or experiencing issues, including Steam, Amazon, HBO Max, and more.

A quick visit to DownDetector's front page reveals that many of the web's most popular sites aren't loading correctly. This outage covers a vast array of content, from shipping companies like FedEx and UPS to media platforms like the PlayStation Network.

sites-down-2-329x307.jpg sites-down-1-329x307.jpg

It seems to be some sort of issue with DNS, as many of the sites return a generic DNS failure error message. Akamai has reported an outage on its status site, which could be the cause of today's problems.

dns-down.png

With any luck, whatever is causing this outage will be worked out as soon as possible. But if you're having trouble logging into Warframe or binging The Sopranos on HBO Max, just know it's not your personal connection.

6 hours ago, HD-Man said:

You can usually tell who is NOT actually watching Kevin's videos by their responses. He's equally as honest and occasionally brutal to men, but ppl who just watch snippets won't see that. Then they say everything he says is wrong without goin into details

I don't agree with everything he says either but I can atleast have an objective opinion because I sat and listened for more than 5 seconds whereas many get their feelings hurt and instantly turn their ears off.

He's said some things that slightly cut me a bit, but I chose to work on those areas of myself instead of being in denial and dodging accountability (which is the main thing he preaches to men and women if you can get past his delivery). And we all know how ppl hate that word "accountability" 

Indeed.  They're wailing in the streets about,"Average at best" but have you heard warcries about the following?

I couldn't find the original, so Abba and Preach will have to do.

They act like men don't get the smoke too.  The big difference is, men will LISTEN.  yes, a lot of men will also get into their feels, but most will listen and either agree, disagree, or leave it alone.  How many women are jumping up and down like,"YEAH!!  TELL HIM ABOUT HIMSELF!! TELL THESE MEN!!"  Well, we can't just look over their shoulders and take a head count while they're watching videos, but we can look at the number of simps who put men down and throw them under the bus for the approval of women and see the numbers and the responses.  

Like you said, accountability.  It's like holding a sun lamp on a vampire.  They hate it and they'll do whatever it takes to stop people from holding them up to the light.

On 7/18/2021 at 4:50 AM, HD-Man said:

Trying to convince the world that blue cheese is the superior condiment to eat with hot wings over ranch is a thankless job, but by God, somebody's gotta do it, so it might as well be me and I'll die tryin. I refuse to see my ppl continue living like savages 😤

Being from the Buffalo area, I can tell you that Bleu cheese is not only the superior condiment, it's also the correct one. The purpose of it is to soothe the burn from the wing sauce, something ranch absolutely can't do because it doesn't have the cheese in it. Mayo is the only other condiment I can think of that could do that but nobody trying to have mayo with wings. Some places up in B'lo don't even ask you, they just bring you the Bleu cheese and if you want something else, you gotta ask. Keep doing the Lord's work! 

2 hours ago, axeman61 said:

JESUS CHRIST.

I mean that. I didn't even know pay dipped that low. Now I know why my mom instilled it into me to tip my servers. I'm hoping this is fake or a typo. Because if not...

It's a common thing. The first restaurant I worked at in ATL, there were servers making $70-80k a year in tips because they were good at the job and were quick at turning tables or at least upselling. The $2.13 is mainly for tax purposes so they don't have to claim all their tips, so in essence, they make MORE money because of that $2.13 and stay legit with the taxman as a result.

Edited by DoctaMario
12 hours ago, HD-Man said:

Apparently it could've been worse for Dre without a prenup, atleast that's what I hear. I don't even wanna think would could have been 

it would've been.  She wanted 2 million a month.  As the old song goes,"Bitches ain't shit."  

9 hours ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

Not at all. Tipped employees can be paid that low unfortunately. This is why most of the hospitality industry workforce is on board with the living wage discussion. 

That sucks.  Is that only for the waiters or is that pay for the whole staff?  There used to be a place called DeAngelos over here.  They paid regular pay, but everybody got a share of the tips including back of the house staff (Back of the house means the cooks and such who aren't normally in the customer area.)  Unfortunately, when the place went corporate, the good times ended, and before you know it, they went out of business.   That was long before any of this current stuff hit though.

Edited by Deadly_Raver
2 hours ago, Faltimar the Dark said:

Where is this at?  Everything still works fine here in cali...stockton, cali.  I love when shit like youtube goes down cause mofos be freakin' out.  lol

When they read that the internet will be down for X number of hours.............

1729050408_fullblownfreakoutLOL.gif.b345668c0658976927c693f34364bece.gif

Blue Bird mob on suicide watch without their hate fix.  Let the games begin.

Edited by Deadly_Raver
2 hours ago, Faltimar the Dark said:

In cali its not legal, they have to be paid the minimum wage. 

That doesn't apply to the hospitality industry. Until I read the last few posts, I thought this was common knowledge. Servers getting $2 and hour plus tips is the norm. I can't speak for now but when I was working in the pizza industry. Delivery drivers made minimum wage plus tips. 

46 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

That doesn't apply to the hospitality industry. Until I read the last few posts, I thought this was common knowledge. Servers getting $2 and hour plus tips is the norm. I can't speak for now but when I was working in the pizza industry. Delivery drivers made minimum wage plus tips. 

I made min wage plus tips as a driver when I work for pizza hut. It was years ago but I figured none of that changed. 

I'm glad I got out...

16 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

How many lives have seatbelts saved in airplanes?

Very few. Most notable example is the plane that crashed in Japan's mountains in the 80s. I think 7 survived. One of the survivors being a child who thanks to her seatbelt. Stayed confined in her chair even though she and it was ejected from the plane. She ended up in a tree. Her and the surivivors where stuck there for hours.

3 hours ago, Chadouken said:

How many lives have seatbelts saved in airplanes?

Probably not going to kill you, but turbulence can turn severe out of nowhere and throw people into ceilings.

https://abcnews.go.com/Technology/united-airlines-flight-967-turbulence-caused-22-injuries/story?id=11219122

> "For those couple of seconds, I just saw people fly up like in front of me," said Brian Liu, a passenger interviewed at the Denver airport after United 967 landed. "Actually, the lady sitting beside me, she actually flew up to the roof and she hit the ceiling and she landed on my lap."

Edited by IcyBlackDeep
Add quote

Someone posted the text (maybe the video too, but I wasn't paying attention), butI had to hear it to actually believe it:

It's strange how stuff like that infuriates me, but stuff like this has me going 🤣 🤣 🤣:

https://californianewstimes.com/anti-vax-hillsong-church-member-stephen-harmon-34-dies-of-covid-after-posting-i-got-99-problems-but-a-vax-aint-one/451538/

I guess it's because - as cold as it sounds to say - the idiot died and won't infect anyone else. Part of the reason I couldn't see my mom in her final moments this year was because of idiots like the first guy, but at least the second guy won't be around any more.

Knew I heard Olympic athletes walking out to Final Fantasy and Chrono Trigger music! Dope arrangements, too. Found a song list of game music worked into the Olympics opening medley. Of course there was Soul Calibur worked in there.

EDIT: Translated list here

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/tokyo-olympics-opens-with-video-game-music/amp/

Edited by Saikyotic
55 minutes ago, BB_Hoody said:

Damn travel is expensive. 400 for round trip Atlanta to NYC, 400 for car rental. 200 for Abnb. Madness. Have to drive next time

You may want to try megabus.com

They have trips from atl to NYC.

It's a bit expensive at $95 and slow (18 hrs approx)

I don't know if the stops are convenient to the parts of atl new York that you need to get to.

I believe they have wifi (modest)

I went from Chicago to Detroit once and it was tolerable. 

3 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

You may want to try megabus.com

They have trips from atl to NYC.

It's a bit expensive at $95 and slow (18 hrs approx)

I don't know if the stops are convenient to the parts of atl new York that you need to get to.

I believe they have wifi (modest)

I went from Chicago to Detroit once and it was tolerable. 

Appreciate it but I ain't doing buses. But I did book non stop flights, and did it two weeks ahead of time. Probably could've been cheaper if I did it a month out, and accepted a stop.

But shit if I can drop a grand for a trip. No reason I can't take a trip to Hawaii. Yeah imma do it at some point