Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

Get your pints before they are gone!

BDS Coup: Ben & Jerry’s to End Sales in ‘Occupied Palestinian Territory’

July 19, 2021

We believe it is inconsistent with our values for Ben & Jerry’s ice cream to be sold in the Occupied Palestinian Territory (OPT). We also hear and recognize the concerns shared with us by our fans and trusted partners. 

We have a longstanding partnership with our licensee, who manufactures Ben & Jerry’s ice cream in Israel and distributes it in the region. We have been working to change this, and so we have informed our licensee that we will not renew the license agreement when it expires at the end of next year.

Although Ben & Jerry’s will no longer be sold in the OPT, we will stay in Israel through a different arrangement. We will share an update on this as soon as we’re ready.

Florida Gov. DeSantis Weighs State Action After Ben & Jerry’s Israel Boycott

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) is weighing state action following the famed Ben & Jerry’s ice cream company announcing it will no longer sell its product in Jewish settlements in the West Bank and East Jerusalem, or what it described as “Occupied Palestinian Territory.”

DeSantis asked for the company, as well as Unilever, the parent company of Ben & Jerry’s, to be placed on “Continued Examination Companies that Boycott Israel List,” as detailed in a letter to the State Board Administration:

A spokesperson for DeSantis told FOX Business that inclusion on the “Scrutinized Companies List” would prevent the board from buying stock in Unilever, parent of Ben & Jerry’s, and its corporate entities. The state would also be unable to contract with these companies unless they ended their boycott.

“As you know, Florida has long had a strong relationship with the State of Israel,” the letter reads.

“As a matter of law and principle, the State of Florida does not tolerate discrimination against the State of Israel or the Israeli people, including boycotts and divestments targeting Israel,” it continues.

Similarly, Texas State Comptroller Glenn Hegar said he is considering banning the ice cream giant and “has directed his staff to review whether Ben & Jerry’s or its parent company Unilever have violated the state’s ‘boycott Israel’ laws,” according to Fox News:

Texas law under Chapter 808 bars companies from refusing, terminating business or taking “any action that is intended to penalize, inflict economic harm on or limit commercial relations” with Israel.

“Texans have made it very clear that they stand with Israel and its people,” Hegar said in a statement Thursday. “We oppose actions that could undermine Israel’s economy and its people.”

Hegar ultimately said his office will take “all appropriate and required actions.”

The boycott against Israel is a new type of terrorism — economic terrorism. Terrorism that seeks to harm Israeli citizens and the Israeli economy. We must oppose this boycott and terrorism of any kind,” Herzog reportedly said.

Edited by AriesWarlock
6 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

It's actually really fucking good. Phish Food is S tier.

Of course you’d think this. 😂

I use to love their Chunky Monkey flavor but I think I burnt myself out on it or something. Last time I bought I pint I only ate a couple of spoon fulls and thought it was absolutely disgusting. 

cherry Garcia is good, their peanut butter cup one is good, the brownie one is good, they have a lot of amazing flavors. 

I fucking love ice cream. Thankfully there’s a pretty good variety of low carb/keto ice creams out there now so I can still enjoy ice cream. 

4 minutes ago, iStu X said:

Of course you’d think this. 😂

Bruh. Chocolate Ice Cream with Gooey Marshmallow Swirls, Caramel Swirls & Fudge Fish.

It's the best flavor.

I'm actually not the biggest fan of Cherry Garcia, despite being a huge Grateful Dead fan. Just don't like that ice cream as much, and definitely not compared to the superior Phish Food.

Edited by Chadouken

I try not to buy ice cream bc I'll eat a lot of it unknowingly even though it is not my favorite dessert lol.

I like Ben and Jerry bc their mixes of flavors and pieces of candy/nuts etc are pretty appealing.

I think that's why I usually stick with them or cold stone.  

Some people seem to be busting a nut over a comapny called Jeni's - I dont know if its new.

They have a new store  downtown and their product is in Publix but it costs like $8 for the same amount as Ben and J.

Edited by DangerousJ
1 hour ago, AriesWarlock said:

I tried a Tillamook ice cream sandwich some months ago. Not bad but I found it a little too salty.

Tillamook is the truth. I miss it a lot. They’re based out of Oregon and growing up in the Seattle area of Washington you’d see it at every grocery store. 

Even at the Washington state fair there was a huuuuge section they built just for Tillamook. They’d hand out free ice cream to everyone, you could pay $1 for them to make you a strawberry or chocolate shake, adults could sign up for their milk delivery service (when that was a thing, even in the 90’s). It was always one of the “must visit” parts of the fair. 

I miss that shit 

as for ice cream I eat now, as I mentioned earlier there’s a lot of keto options now. One of which is Halo Top. They have some amazing flavors. I usually go for the white chocolate chip and macadamia nut or the banana cream pie. 

Edited by iStu X
16 minutes ago, iStu X said:

as for ice cream I eat now, as I mentioned earlier there’s a lot of keto options now. One of which is Halo Top. They have some amazing flavors. I usually go for the white chocolate chip and macadamia nut or the banana cream pie. 

I have tried Halo Top, and it is good. I wish they had more dairy-free options. Another keto ice cream brand I tried recently is Enlightened. Pretty good as well.

Edited by AriesWarlock

edit--oh yeah ice cream----"butter pecan" is forever the #1 for me.  Nothing can top it.

Interesting... I never heard of this until this show America's Book of Secrets just gave it a passing mention on the "Doomsday Scenarios" episode I was watching earlier... humans were almost wiped out by an insane volcanic eruption around 70,000 years ago:

https://www.npr.org/sections/krulwich/2012/10/22/163397584/how-human-beings-almost-vanished-from-earth-in-70-000-b-c

the article mentioned the population was cut down to around 1000 people?!

...more juicy fuel for theories of major "resets" going on at some point in the ancient history of this species...that would be one hell of a reset right there.  Imagine how many advancements would eventually be lost to time if the population is cut that low for an extensive period of time....that's obviously not something a species can quickly recover from.

"...That eruption dropped roughly six centimeters of ash — the layer can still be seen on land — over all of South Asia, the Indian Ocean, the Arabian and South China Sea. According to the Volcanic Explosivity Index, the Toba eruption scored an "8", which translates to "mega-colossal" — that's two orders of magnitude greater than the largest volcanic eruption in historic times at Mount Tambora in Indonesia, which caused the 1816 "Year Without a Summer" in the northern hemisphere.

With so much ash, dust and vapor in the air, Sam Kean says it's a safe guess that Toba "dimmed the sun for six years, disrupted seasonal rains, choked off streams and scattered whole cubic miles of hot ash (imagine wading through a giant ashtray) across acres and acres of plants." Berries, fruits, trees, African game became scarce; early humans, living in East Africa just across the Indian Ocean from Mount Toba, probably starved, or at least, he says, "It's not hard to imagine the population plummeting."

They were speaking of Yellowstone National Park, which sits on a future super-volcanic explosion that would completely fuck over the U.S. at some point whenever that pops off.

Edited by MillionX
6 hours ago, iStu X said:

I’m so frustratingly close to being under 260lb. I just weighted myself and I’m at 263.2lb. Under 260 is the home stretch before my first weight loss milestone of 250lb. 

Fam, you got this! I'm on a similar journey. Dropped 25 lbs since April. Right now my goal is 3% of my body weight every month. So far, I've been hitting that. 

As a side, if you want to add body composition to the mix , either get a set of body fat calipers or do the waist to hip ratio measurement. That can show if your body fat percentage is dropping. 

6 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:

The boycott against Israel is a new type of terrorism — economic terrorism. Terrorism that seeks to harm Israeli citizens and the Israeli economy. We must oppose this boycott and terrorism of any kind,” Herzog reportedly said.

Economic terrorism . . . because of dessert. . . 

6 hours ago, Deadly_Raver said:

is it wrong that I've never eaten their ice cream?  I have no idea if it's good or not.

giphy.gif

4 hours ago, iStu X said:

Tillamook is the truth. I miss it a lot. They’re based out of Oregon and growing up in the Seattle area of Washington you’d see it at every grocery store. 

I'm in full agreeance. I just got acquainted with the brand and it's great. 

4 hours ago, MillionX said:

--oh yeah ice cream----"butter pecan" is forever the #1 for me.  Nothing can top it.

I despise that flavor (only because my parents used to get it on the regular).  Cookies and creme is my go to. 

1 hour ago, MillionX said:

they're trying to get the girls to text their guy friends with the "I'm horny..." message...

a65.png

56 minutes ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

Fam, you got this! I'm on a similar journey. Dropped 25 lbs since April. Right now my goal is 3% of my body weight every month. So far, I've been hitting that. 

yeah. My dietician said with just dieting and eating right I’ll lose about 2-3 pounds a week. Which has been pretty much right on the money. So I think I’m going to meet my goal well before my “deadline”. Which is end of September. I started my diet somewhere around late april-early May. I weighed roughly 294 and I’m down to 263. So I feel I’m doing great. 

gotta keep on keepin’ on. 

56 minutes ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

As a side, if you want to add body composition to the mix , either get a set of body fat calipers or do the waist to hip ratio measurement. That can show if your body fat percentage is dropping. 

Almost all my weight I’ve been losing weight has been my stomach, upper body and and face. That said, I’ve drop two jean sizes (42x30 to 38x30) as well but I want to drop more. Ideally I’d love to wear 32x30’s again. But I know that’s a few more journeys off. So I’m not trying to focus on what I can do later but what I can do right now. 

Im also trying to keep diligent but not overwhelm myself with responsibilities when it comes to weight loss. While the end goal is 220 which was my weight before I moved to AR I just want to get to 250 and the go from there. I’ll worry about body fat percentages and things like that when I feel I can breath easier when it comes to my diet and explore more things about it. 

just gotta stay focused on the now. 

Edited by iStu X

so I heard some shots in my neighborhood early this morning....and I saw certain individuals running off shortly after that.  I sincerely hope they find and just execute these dumb pieces of shit right out on the street.  It would be 1 or 2 less thug pieces of shit eliminated from this world, and we'd all be better off for it.  I'd love it if we could somehow magically round them all up into one convenient location....say an island like Madagascar.... and drop multiple nukes on the island to completely erase these "stains" from the world forever.

...we definitely need a stronger dose of that good ol' gentrification to help sweep the trash out.  This exact shit is also why it is always in a black person's interest to get as far removed from "da hood" as possible ASAP in life....and never look back.  FUCK all the trash that makes up "da hood".  I'd Thanos-snap that entire shit, the mentality and all the riff raff right out of existence without a 2nd thought.  In fact, my hatred of these people is so strong... I imagine it would be a fun thing to re-create them only to destroy and erase them over and over again for the rest of time.  I'd also be erasing them from time itself, so other people don't even remember them ever being born in the first place.  

Edited by MillionX

My barber is Jewish and a lot of Jewish people show up all the time, really orthodox too. They pretty much all despise Israel. I don't actually know any Jewish people in person that support Israel, despite the huge media push and a few vocal voices I've seen online. Israel is as much for the common Israeli/Jew as the US government is for a regular American citizen.

Unfortunately the Israeli media and the Jewish agenda won't paint it that way so when there is a reckoning, and there is ALWAYS a reckoning for evil, most of it will probably fall on regular people while the bad guys get out of dodge like usual.

'A huge rise in people just forgetting to be human': Since restaurants reopened, customers have been 'unbearable'

Since California’s June 15 reopening of the economy, customers have gotten … a little difficult. Well, a lot difficult.  “I’ve been seeing a huge rise in people just forgetting to be human,” said Mina Makram, founder of Palo Alto bakery Misfits Bakehouse.  It may feel to customers that the pandemic is over and restaurants should be completely back to normal. In reality, many restaurants are still feeling the effects of the global crisis.

“Not talk, yell,” Nguyen emphasized, sounding increasingly exasperated as she told the story. “This was the beginning of the reopening, and we had a line of takeout orders. Her husband stood at the doorway and was like, ‘She's hungry! She needs her food right now!’”

“One gentleman yelled at my server, ‘I don't understand why you guys don’t have more tables out here’ … because they didn't want to wait for the table. They were just super rude,” said Nguyen. “Where exactly do you want me to put all of these extra tables? In the road, where the cars drive?”

Edited by AriesWarlock
1 hour ago, Serpent said:

My barber is Jewish and a lot of Jewish people show up all the time, really orthodox too. They pretty much all despise Israel. I don't actually know any Jewish people in person that support Israel, despite the huge media push and a few vocal voices I've seen online. Israel is as much for the common Israeli/Jew as the US government is for a regular American citizen.

Unfortunately the Israeli media and the Jewish agenda won't paint it that way so when there is a reckoning, and there is ALWAYS a reckoning for evil, most of it will probably fall on regular people while the bad guys get out of dodge like usual.

It's the older Gen that support Israel. Most Jewish people under 40 are liberal as hell and aren't down with alot of the policies they do. As well as the orthodox crowd actually in Isreal are pretty small. You prob see more orthodox dressed Jewish people in ny/United States than I ever saw my few times I actually was in isreal

29 minutes ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

This doesn't surprise me one bit. 

I kind of wonder if people aren't being human, but that the low traffic of last year finally gave us a break in dealing with people to have some perspective. Now customers are back and behaving like they always have we just have the changed perspective from the break to realize the way we have been treated the last 30 years is fucking disgusting ass terrible and we are FINALLY calling it out as we should have years ago. 

My perspective on this was that I never stopped working during the pandemic and I never noticed a change in behavior, customers are as fucking shitty as they have always been. 

31 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

My perspective on this was that I never stopped working during the pandemic and I never noticed a change in behavior, customers are as fucking shitty as they have always been. 

100% facts. I was still at Walmart for most of 2020 (quit in October of that year) and people were “nice” for the first few months but after that it was business as usual with people talking shit to us and talking down to us. 

thankfully for me I have a huge chip on my shoulder and would never take their shit. I didn't get paid enough to deal with it so I never did. 

I got in trouble at work a lot for not taking shit/sticking up for myself but I never got in actual trouble (written up) since I never swore or directly insulted the customer or whoever it was. I happily danced and laughed on that thin ass line we have of being appropriate and inappropriate when it comes to dealing with shitty customers. 

Edited by iStu X
2 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:
'A huge rise in people just forgetting to be human': Since restaurants reopened, customers have been 'unbearable'

Since California’s June 15 reopening of the economy, customers have gotten … a little difficult. Well, a lot difficult.  “I’ve been seeing a huge rise in people just forgetting to be human,” said Mina Makram, founder of Palo Alto bakery Misfits Bakehouse.  It may feel to customers that the pandemic is over and restaurants should be completely back to normal. In reality, many restaurants are still feeling the effects of the global crisis.

“Not talk, yell,” Nguyen emphasized, sounding increasingly exasperated as she told the story. “This was the beginning of the reopening, and we had a line of takeout orders. Her husband stood at the doorway and was like, ‘She's hungry! She needs her food right now!’”

“One gentleman yelled at my server, ‘I don't understand why you guys don’t have more tables out here’ … because they didn't want to wait for the table. They were just super rude,” said Nguyen. “Where exactly do you want me to put all of these extra tables? In the road, where the cars drive?”

I'm glad I don't live there.  I've never seen or even heard of nothing like that here. 

Personally, if the customer was being that rude she or the manager (If she wasn't the one in charge) should've kicked them out.  The business has to take care of their employees as well as their customers, or they won't have either for long.

here was the moment when they checked out a tick-tock vid where a dude had his girlfriend call up her male "just-friend" to test the theory since she didn't want to believe he was "like that" either.....it was great the dude had the "told ya so." look on his face later, and expressed he doesn't want her speaking to this guy again.  I hate that he didn't allow the phone conversation continue that long though....but yeah it seemed pretty clear the "just friend" was trying to step in quickly for that rebound.

haha hopefully this shit becomes a new trend on the net...I can't get enough of watching the results.

Also---I haven't watched this new He-man just yet, but of course it was bound to immediately be on fire with youtube commentary....

heh, ohhh I'm definitely looking forward to whatever is going on with this show.... I think most already had a good hunch what the result would be simply because it's Netflix we're talking about here.... 🤣 ...but I'll see for myself very soon...if I can tear myself away from youtube for 5 damn minutes here; it's too good today...

The newest He-Man show is hugely based on the current comic book run. But since no one reads comics people gunna be salty.

Also I doubt most the people complaining actually care about He-Man as much as they say, if even at all. Which is the way most “outrages” go when it comes to mediums. They mad for the click bait money. Like just recently when Fox News tried to shit on Captain America for saying something he’s been saying since his creation. 

Lastly, with the new he-man show they legally can’t touch most of the original and 2000’s revival material. Which is why they took so much from the newest comics. 

Edited by iStu X

I just got a Sodastream yesterday and this thing is fucking awesome! Full disclosure: I started drinking the shit out of sparkling water after I quit drinking alcohol because it served as a means to always have a beverage in my hand, with zero calories or sodium. My go to has always been La Croix and I'd go through a 12 pack in two days easy. This new Sodastream allows me to make my own, and I can put lime juice or a couple berries in it for flavor if I want. Shit's bad ass. Will save me money, too!

sparkling water GIF by SodaStream USA