Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

1 hour ago, Maxx said:

And I'm wondering if it's because of my taxes last year.

Maaan, the American tax system is so archaic and stupid. I had to pay $225 to local taxes this year because I didn't file in 2018 and 2019 separate from my Turbo Tax at their proprietary site. 

Mind you, these aren't late fees, cause I didn't owe them shit. It's a fine for not filing, not interest for owing money. 

And I didn't get the notice in the mail until Friday the 22nd that it was due on the 15th so they slapped another $25 on there. 

judd apatow comedy GIF

Edited by KingTubb
7 hours ago, Maxx said:

Lmfao reddit is gonna ruin the stock market. Jumped from $4 to $17 overnight. I wanna get in on these cheap ass fucking stock jumps 

The original WSB server got shut down for fucking hate speech. I’m in the new server that sprung up in its place, and it’s quite civil for the moment. The subreddit has been deluged with bots though, trying to get people to pump/dump money on all kinds of stocks.

9 minutes ago, DarkSakul said:

So just got a 43" 4K TV to fit where a 32" 1080 TV was, turns out the new TV's feet are a little too wide apart. 
Now I gotta order a Display Stand that let me stand the TV correctly

I got the 43" right now leaning one side on a Cardboard box for support. 

One day I'd like to just wall-mount my TV.  I'd have so much more space on top of my TV cabinet.

6 minutes ago, misterBee said:

One day I'd like to just wall-mount my TV.  I'd have so much more space on top of my TV cabinet.

Wall mounting always sounds awesome but everyone always mounts it too high up the wall...It would look weird lower on the wall but would be nicer to look at. Hurt my neck less...So i dunno. I cant seem to decide if i should wall mount it.

Wonder if i could get one that would let me rotate it 45 degrees....

8 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Yeah,, my living room TV is on a swivel mount. Makes it easy to connect shit to it, and I can swing it out to watch from the kitchen if I want.

But to be honest, I used the swivel for the first couple months and haven't really used it much since. It's a big TV and makes me nervous swinging it around. constantly

1 hour ago, RSG3 said:

Wall mounting always sounds awesome but everyone always mounts it too high up the wall...It would look weird lower on the wall but would be nicer to look at. Hurt my neck less...So i dunno. I cant seem to decide if i should wall mount it.

Perhaps you should consult https://www.reddit.com/r/TVTooHigh/

4 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

The Gamestop story is more hilarious than I thought.

This is a literal reminder that there's peeps in the upper tiers of life that want to forever rig the game so us at the bottom cannot make it up. Those goofs on Wall Street and their hedge fund fools are freaking out but get what they deserve. 

4 hours ago, TheInfernoman said:

This is a literal reminder that there's peeps in the upper tiers of life that want to forever rig the game so us at the bottom cannot make it up. Those goofs on Wall Street and their hedge fund fools are freaking out but get what they deserve. 

They'll just get bailed out again. We, the people, did not make it clear to the bankers and government back in 2008 that it was unacceptable, so they just laughed and got worse and worse. We won't do anything now. The only people with the balls in this country to actually do anything are ironically the dumbest people that do it for the wrong reasons.

8 hours ago, YourFavGrandpa said:

The original WSB server got shut down for fucking hate speech. I’m in the new server that sprung up in its place, and it’s quite civil for the moment. The subreddit has been deluged with bots though, trying to get people to pump/dump money on all kinds of stocks.

LOL I'm surprised discord straight up banned the group. Reddit put the group on private. Also all the mods are on Twitter too. 

https://thehardtimes.net/harddrive/redditor-accidentally-invests-life-savings-in-gamespot/

Maaaaan 2020 has made me way too cynical. 

Went to Best Buy's website to look for a cheap gaming monitor and they had a Black History Month banner.

If you click on it it takes you to a list of featured products that are made by black owned businesses or movies that were directed by black people. 

It pissed me off. Motherfuckers had to wait till fucking February to highlight black owned businesses and products. Fuck you best buy. If you actually gave a shit about this, you'd do it in July, you spineless virtue signaling ass-wipes.   

17 hours ago, CDB2k20 said:

Couldn't jump on the Gamestop rocket ship to the moon, but AMC is the alt that they are going for.

Put a $150 down on AMC earlier today and added $30 to it, a few minutes.

Tomorrow is going to be interesting!!

Yo were you able to make a play on AMC before brokerages started blocking down buy orders?

Sold out of all my Zomedica shares at a 25% loss. Lil over 300 bucks. Went all in on AMC and bought almost $1600 Worth of shares in pre market just a few minutes ago. 

Fuck it. If I'm willing to take a chance on a Penny stock. Why not throw my hat in the ring of a legendary and historic  movement in the market. Where the little guy finally gets one over on the bigger guys. Let's see what happens 

3 hours ago, MillionX said:

ohoooo here we go with this issue 🤣  so JB signed an executive order on this?  This era of the Kamala Harris Presidency is already off to a juicy start indeed...

After thorough analyzation of the video, I have come to this conclusion..........

ExhaustedPlushBrahmancow-size_restricted.gif

Everybody was saying this was going to go bad, but nope, I'm a sexist for that.  Bed made, now lay down.

Edited by Deadly_Raver