Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

1 hour ago, DangerousJ said:

I remember asking a male friend like 10 years ago who was getting married.

Does she 

--cook

-clean

--suck a mean dick?

She needs to be proficient in 2/3 of those categories before you move forward.

(He said 2/3 so i guess it went well)

Also, the other person should have similar dietary habits to you.

MY ex was great but she would never cook meat/fish/eggs. 

I could manage that for a few days but not my whole life.

Pretty wack post, bro.

On 9/9/2021 at 9:07 PM, RegH81 said:

Nearly 2 years into this COVID-19 pandemic and people STILL choose sickness and death over looking out for themselves and others. 

The fucked up thing about this is that the lady who laughed was a nurse. I saw *was* because she was immediately fired from her job once she was identified. 

Edited by iStu X

One time I visited a Pakistani classmate's apt and asked to use the bathroom.

He asked am I urinating or defecating. I said urinating.

He asked me to sit down while doing it. 

I assumed he was just fastidious about cleanliness, but later I wondered if it was due to some Islamic customs that I, a Christian, was ignorant about.

There is apparently something called "wudu" (not the one from Shenmue) that has rules about washing

After complying and going while sitting, I wiped and did an inspection.

I have  never been asked by anyone what process I am doing and if I am going to sit or stand.

It was an unusual request for me.

31 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

I assumed he was just fastidious about cleanliness, but later I wondered if it was due to some Islamic customs that I, a Christian, was ignorant about.

There is apparently something called "wudu" (not the one from Shenmue) that has rules about washing

I have  never been asked by anyone what process I am doing and if I am going to sit or stand.

That is definitely unusual. I never asked my non-Muslim friends to sit in my bathroom. Do what you want, but keep my floors clean.

Wudu is ablution. The reason we sit is different. It's the way the Prophet told us to to maximise cleanliness by minimising splashing and drops. We also clean off with water, not just TP. You have to redo Wudu after pissing anyway because it removes that state of "purity" and you need to be in a state of Wudu to pray. Hope that clears it up.

40 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

There's always splatter no matter what. I always sit down when I'm at someone's house. When I use public restrooms I stand because who cares. At my own home I always sit down. Ultimately it's just respect for yourself and for others, because someone has to clean that, whether you or that person.

^looks like it's one of those Orcs Must Die games; I also started playing part 3 a few days ago, actually...

ha, all these first-world problems... I'm trying to get in some time with my honey Blood Rayne(I might double-dip on that one and get it on Switch too) but there's at least 3 live-streams going on right now that are of interest to me (AngryMan, Fresh & Fit and the latest episode of L.A. by Night over on Twitch.  AM has a habit of taking his streams down right afterwards, so if you missed it live then tough luck unless you sub to his patreon or OF or whatever.)

On another note, I'm on a good "fasting" session at the moment... last time I ate was noon earlier; finished lunch at 12:30-ish, and of course I've had plenty of water only.  I might try and make this a 24-hour one.

Edited by MillionX
17 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

I don't get it either.  I don't think there is any real trans allegory over theses films and the people who want it to be are trying to make it that way and the people who hate the LGBTQ+ community are just getting easy baited.

The wachowskis didn't become trans until well after the trilogy...  I think one did it first and then the other followed suit shortly after.

*does a quick search online*....Welll...apparently one of the Wachowskis in an interviews a year ago says that it is a trans metaphor now

https://www.bbc.com/news/newsbeat-53692435

Well...I guess if its coming from 'word of god' then it has to be acknowledged then.

There's a good number of trans metaphors within the story, including a character who was supposed to be male in the real world, but female in the matrix (Switch) until the studio said no. The idea of your real name and identity being your choice and not what society has chosen for you, things like that. That and the speech about how many within the matrix simply aren't ready to leave it yet. The Wachowskis aren't the best story tellers though, so most of that message gets missed in the "wow, cool" factor.

2 hours ago, MillionX said:

On another note, I'm on a good "fasting" session at the moment... last time I ate was noon earlier; finished lunch at 12:30-ish, and of course I've had plenty of water only.  I might try and make this a 24-hour one.

I very rarely discuss my own habits because there's really no benefit for me. But I've been eating once a day for most days for several years now. Once you get used to it, it's really pretty easy. Makes scheduling very simple, I eat most evenings around 7 or 8 and that's that. If I eat earlier, it typically makes the next day's fast longer as a result. So if I just decide I'm eating at noon, a sandwich or two, chances are I won't eat again until the next day at around 7ish. I've tested it before and 48 hours is perfectly fine. Once you start getting past 48 hours is when it can be problematic (dizziness, light headedness, things just start being "off").

Now on a related note, I wonder if going 3 days without food, 72 hours, that weird stuff that starts happening then is starvation? On TV shows we see people start eating body parts as time goes on. It can get pretty trippy honestly, you start hearing stuff, start seeing things that...aren't really there? I guess that's starvation but who knows, maybe it's some secret supernatural power awakening. Martial arts rumors and old books and stuff you'd often hear about mystics and monks and such going a week or more between meals and allegedly having powers. How wild would it be if all the crazy stuff we used to hear about when meals were harder to come by actually happened, like magic and crazy feats of strength and what not.

Again in terms of testing, I'd typically go for a run before mealtime. So 23 hours of not eating and then run 45 minutes, shower, then eat. I'd also done that at the 47 hour mark, skipping the first meal. But trying to do that 3 days in a row, I've never tried that, I'd rather not try it. I'm not responsible if someone tries it either. I'm not telling anyone not to eat for 3 days and to run without food for 24 or 48 hours or whatever. I can't even do that shit now anymore, I only do the 24-31 or so hour fasts. And I practically never run anymore, I'll do a rowing session in the afternoon if I do anything or just some weight lifting, but not a long ass run.

2 hours ago, Serpent said:

I very rarely discuss my own habits because there's really no benefit for me. But I've been eating once a day for most days for several years now. Once you get used to it, it's really pretty easy. Makes scheduling very simple, I eat most evenings around 7 or 8 and that's that. If I eat earlier, it typically makes the next day's fast longer as a result. So if I just decide I'm eating at noon, a sandwich or two, chances are I won't eat again until the next day at around 7ish. I've tested it before and 48 hours is perfectly fine. Once you start getting past 48 hours is when it can be problematic (dizziness, light headedness, things just start being "off").

Now on a related note, I wonder if going 3 days without food, 72 hours, that weird stuff that starts happening then is starvation? On TV shows we see people start eating body parts as time goes on. It can get pretty trippy honestly, you start hearing stuff, start seeing things that...aren't really there? I guess that's starvation but who knows, maybe it's some secret supernatural power awakening. Martial arts rumors and old books and stuff you'd often hear about mystics and monks and such going a week or more between meals and allegedly having powers. How wild would it be if all the crazy stuff we used to hear about when meals were harder to come by actually happened, like magic and crazy feats of strength and what not.

Again in terms of testing, I'd typically go for a run before mealtime. So 23 hours of not eating and then run 45 minutes, shower, then eat. I'd also done that at the 47 hour mark, skipping the first meal. But trying to do that 3 days in a row, I've never tried that, I'd rather not try it. I'm not responsible if someone tries it either. I'm not telling anyone not to eat for 3 days and to run without food for 24 or 48 hours or whatever. I can't even do that shit now anymore, I only do the 24-31 or so hour fasts. And I practically never run anymore, I'll do a rowing session in the afternoon if I do anything or just some weight lifting, but not a long ass run.

A typical healthy adult can go weeks without food and live. It would suck, you have symptoms, but you can survive.

Now going 72 hours without sleep, then you start seeing shit.

Edited by DarkSakul

Yeah it's easier than most people would think... water helps suppress the appetite, and it's a bit more critical than food is....in addition to helping naturally flush the "junk" out of the body.  It was about 2 or 3 years ago when I first started doing all that... more exercise + the water fasting and avoiding certain foods ---the fried stuff, basically... heh, this is why I haven't been to a Popeyes in years now.  When I started all that, I dropped a bit over 20 pounds in no time; I should've made note of how quick that change occurred.  I may go back to Popeyes one day for the biscuits though; they have the #1 best biscuits out there.  It's surprising that I didn't gain more during the pandemic; I only went up about 4 or 5 pounds but I'm back down now (to 170).  My usual with the fasting is to only do breakfast and lunch, then I won't eat again until breakfast the next day, so that's typically around 16 or so hours easily done since some of the time is taken up by sleep.

16 hours ago, MillionX said:

y'know, that reminds me, with the Holocaust deniers and other such folk---- no matter what major event it is... even if there's plenty of pictures and video footage proving the thing happened, there's always conspiracy types that think any given real event in history was somehow a fake.  

Just watch what happens whenever/if aliens formally make their appearance in the world... I'm talking about ships in full view of everyone in various areas of the world at once.  Just a few years later, assuming we survived whatever happened next.... there would be people that swear that was all a hoax "just like the supposed moon landing" and the "alleged 09/11 attacks", the JFK assassination, etc.

Yeah, people who just don't believe something happened when there's tons of video and other evidence just need to be shot. I don't know if I'm even joking or not. But I doubt a motherfucker who denies, for instance, 9/11 happened in this day and age is contributing to society in a positive way.

Off-Topic, I saw Andrew Schultz last night. I said way earlier that I saw Dave Chappelle and it wasn't what I was hoping for. I thought I was tripping. After all, everyone around me was laughing at that time. But I didn't find him funny that night. I low-key thought something was wrong with me.

Nope. Schultz was everything I was hoping for with Chappelle. Not on Chappelle's level (when he's cooking), mind you, but I was laughing hard the whole show. If the material I saw makes it into whatever special he's doing, it's going to be fire.

...checking in on Fox here to see what kind of 9/11 thing they were doing...and of course to see which of the hot "Foxes" are on... Dana Perino is still on there looking alright; I definitely wouldn't turn that down.  Sadly she lost her dog recently, the infamous "Jasper" she always was talking about and posting dozens of pic on instagram.

*There was no "Ancient Aliens" marathon like usual on History yesterday; naturally they showed the 9/11 documentary stuff all day.  There's 1 on Netflix I tried watching earlier but nah... I'd rather not spike my hatred of human nature to that level again at the moment.

almost time for the youtube premiere of last night's LA by Night... youtube is way more stable than Twitch for me.

aha, so I won't be missing much on Antenna TV--- this new schedule appears to be pretty much set at the moment; Hazel will be on at 9, followed by The Partridge Family 👎

*edit---back onto the healthy eating habits/lifestyle---one thing I DO miss though that continues to be a big temptation... some good wings....usually my top choice is lemon pepper and garlic parmesan; always a coin flip between those picks.  My old apartment was very close to a "Wing Zone", and there was a Buffalo Wild Wings I passed by on my way to and from work as well...usually I'd hit Wing Zone though; it's tough to resist that, especially when it's Friday after work... I liked to start the weekend off "right" with only my favorite foods for dinner, so that would either be pizza or my 2nd favorite choice of those wings.  Sheeeitttt, I miss the good ol' days of being able to eat like a morbidly obese pig without a care in the world.

Edited by MillionX

On Sept 11, do you guys usually

a) just go only to work/school/appointments and mostly stay at home the rest of the day?

b) or go out like a regular day?

A For me. 

I'm always worried that another attack will happen somewhere in the US or Im scared that I will be harrassed or attacked by some people.

(For those who don't know, a Sikh was dragged and beaten to death because some folks thought he was Muslim.)

7 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

a) just go only to work/school/appointments and mostly stay at home the rest of the day?

A For me. 

I'm always worried that another attack will happen somewhere in the US or Im scared that I will be harrassed or attacked by some people.

(For those who don't know, a Sikh was dragged and beaten to death because some folks thought he was Muslim.)

I go about my day like normal.  I'm not of middle eastern complexion so I don't have to worry about some dumb yahoo harrassing me while I'm out minding my own business/existing on this specific day.  I am black though so (very light persuasion) so gotta deal with that slim possibility on a daily basis.  I've actually been fairly lucky in life that I haven't really had to deal with some asshole coming at me for dumb shit but I always acknowledge that its a possibility and its happened to countless others.  I'm pretty sure its mostly cause people don't bother to give me a 2nd look from a distance.

Typically I'm at work like a normal day unless it's a weekend like now, obviously.  Due to recent events, unfortunately the threat is probably going to be much higher now of a repeat attack at some point in the near future....(thanks so much for that, Sleepy Joe; 'ppreciate it.)  I definitely would not want to be near any major landmark or tourist area on 09/11 at any point in the future for sure.  One of my main sayings in life---always better to be safe than sorry.  I take any measures I can to reduce the probability of bad things happening to absolute zero.  ...and yeah I'm also lucky that I happen to *not* look like a "vaguely middle-eastern" person so I don't have to worry about that either.  Today I just got a few groceries and that was it; nothing but youtube and games planned for the rest of the day.

Edited by MillionX

An Associated Press Account Takes Down Tweet About 9/11 Being Anniversary of Nickelback Album: ‘Was in Poor Taste’

Saturday marks 20 years to the day since the terrorist attacks of September 11th, 2001, and the Associated Press Planner Twitter account — which mainly posts about upcoming significant events — posted about it on Friday.

Edited by AriesWarlock
1 hour ago, DangerousJ said:

A For me. 

Just a normal day for me, but I'm a typically low key white guy dad,  so most of my 'normal days' aren't really high risk for much of anything.

I do make sure I'm not traveling on the day of though, if I have to go anywhere for work.  Airports are already enough of a shit show without everyone being extra on edge.

2 hours ago, DangerousJ said:

A For me. 

Go about my day as normal. If an attack is going to happen its  going to happen. Honestly an attack would more likely target another day when people are likely to be less vigilant.

A For me. 

Tch. Oh lord. My messy dad on this day is trying to get my bestie to turn on me earlier this morning. Since he knew her long before I came back on his life, only to turn his back on me yet again, his plan is to have her to abandon me, because he felt I disrespected him severely over the phone days ago. So, I'm pissed at him again. 

I mean, yes, I called him by his first name, cussed many times, said fuck him, told him that I won't go to his funeral if he dies before me, but guess what? Since he manipulated me financially costing me thousands of dollars, and attempted multiple false felony arrests on me to where it backed fired on him, I needed to separate myself from this unfavorable bloodline. He say that he doesn't owe me anything, which is fine, but I no longer owe him any love nor respect either. 

He was called out for being a narcissist, which even I have much of his ways. However, the fact that he would try to lecture me on things that he is guilty of also, and would use his bible to manipulate others into thinking he is some stand up guy, it sucks to be those that fell for or let him slide for this.

I'll never forgive him for what he's done. If he dies, he dies. 

Edited by iEmptyeyes

A For me. 

"A" but all the time.

8 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:

Associated Press Account Takes Down Tweet About 9/11 Being Anniversary of Nickelback Album: ‘Was in Poor Taste

I rather have a million of these post over the Bull shit we will never forget memes. Everyone who brings that up gets a big fuck you from me. 
Of course I can't forget, you keep reminding us the bull shit. 

Fuck that dumb shit. I was in the Marines during 9 11, the 3rd or 4th worst place to be at the time. Obviously NY and the Pentagon is worst.
Locked down on base, no phones worked for at least a month an a half, longer before I was able to get off base. 
Not knowing if I am going to delpoy to war or not. 

14 hours ago, DangerousJ said:

Transformers Season 3 is now up on YouTube!

Yes. Yes. Yes.

Quintesson 1: "My brothers.  The Transformers season 3 has been uploaded to YouTube. "
Quintesson 2:  "How pleasant the feeling to know that the glory of the original series will continue into the future.  I could watch it over and over again."

Quintesson 1: "It is a day so long in coming that I am uncertain how to celebrate it."
Quintesson 2: "Perhaps a quiet Chuckle?"
Quintesson 1: "Very well then.  Let us........chuckle."

12 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

Since piss is a popular topic, this delusional woman got kicked from Disneyland because she didn't want to piss in the bathroom

If I didn't know better I'd swear that was an old Jerky Boys skit.

11 hours ago, DangerousJ said:

A For me. 

For me it has gotten to the point where I just silently remember it as I go on with my day.  I try not to dwell on it too much these days.  I'd rather just remember what happened, but do whatever makes me happy instead of dwell on something that makes me sad.  Just mentioning it makes me remember damn near everything up to the moment I found out what happened.

Edited by Deadly_Raver