Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition


Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, HD-Man said:

Goddamn, if you ain't gonna get the vaccine atleast do NOT injest poison. Exercise, eat properly or something, or just stay yo ass at home 🤦🏾‍♂️

I don't think it's even about the vaccine at this point. These hardcore anti-vaxxers are selfish, with such a need to feel "special" in comparison to the sheep that it overrides everything else. The same as any hardcore conspiracy theorist. Actual logic is irrelevant. Maybe they know what they're pushing is BS and don't care (until they get sick), or maybe they're willfully ignorant. Whatever. I just wish these fucks could somehow stop clogging the ICU.

Edited by axeman61
Link to comment

Meanwhile, our Lord and savior Spawn has come back in grand fashion with this new "King Spawn" thing that's apparently on fire in terms of sales

now if we can only get a new animated series going again...

 

edit---and where the hell are the games?  It's strange to me that Spawn has only appeared a few times ever in video games...usually as a cameo appearance.  There was a 3rd person shootemup kind of thing on Dreamcast I remember...and he's appeared in Mortal Kombat and I *think* one of the Soul Calibur games, and that's about it....there may have been one 16-bit game I vaguely remember.

 

Edited by MillionX
Link to comment
1 hour ago, MillionX said:

edit---and where the hell are the games?  It's strange to me that Spawn has only appeared a few times ever in video games...usually as a cameo appearance.  There was a 3rd person shootemup kind of thing on Dreamcast I remember...and he's appeared in Mortal Kombat and I *think* one of the Soul Calibur games, and that's about it....there may have been one 16-bit game I vaguely remember.

That's because Spawn was only really relevant for a small window in the 90s.  He wasn't a big deal long enough for people to make more games with him.

Link to comment
3 minutes ago, axeman61 said:

What airline do you guys hit for good flight prices? I'm not looking for cheap, but I'm new to this. The most I know is to look at individual airlines. Going to Texas two months from now.

I usually flew southwest. But I haven’t really flown anywhere since 2018 when I went to evo

Link to comment
1 hour ago, Seth Vega said:

What would you do if you find out your immortal all your life and you would only be invincible if you maintain your balance which basically means you must not do any evil?

Oh yeah, I'd be just fine with that just to maintain immortality/invincibility.  That's 2 of my most desired supernatural qualities there.  Immortality is one of the obvious reasons I'm so fascinated by the idea of vampirism, and wish it were indeed a real thing.  I wouldn't have to spend even 2 seconds on whether or not to go for it.  Invincibility or at least super-healing factor is the best possible bonus to be paired up with that.  Of course... refraining from acts most would agree are "evil" would be quite the challenge as a vampire...perhaps if one could get by on just feeing off animals you'd be ok with that "no evil" rule....if feeding on lesser creatures is evil, then of course the whole animal/insect kingdom would be considered "evil".

 

I noticed V-Wars still in my Netflix list yesterday while browsing for stuff to watch... such a shame that no one else cared about that shit but me, it seems (thus it was canceled).  The potential with that one as a series was solid.  There's been a few of them now that came and went without even making it to season 2... the Dracula show on NBC (years ago; 2013), then there was The Passage on Fox; that one and V-Wars had a more scientific angle like The Strain.

 

It's a relief that it seems CW gave up on the Lost Boys series....because we all know how that was likely to turn out, considering what CW has become in the past couple of years where certain agendas are top priority on their shows.  David and the crew would've been changed most likely to an all-girl crew, with 1 of them naturally being a trans person, some jabs at "the patriarchy" would be thrown in, then it ends up as another fun thing for various youtubers to laugh at on a weekly basis for easy views.

Link to comment

I have family down there that have been trying to get me to come down for years, and I have money saved up. More and more though, it's looking like a bad idea. I've already booked the off time though. I'm trying to get a ticket I can cancel if shit is on fire by then.

Edited by axeman61
Link to comment

I havent flown in a while, but I will echo Southwest, especially if you are taking two checked bags.

Each bag cant exceed 50 pounds.

The seating is a clusterf (Try to check in onlne 1 day before your time otherwise your seat choice will be extra shitty)

 

Obviously check if the city has a southwest hub. I used to fly Southwest to Chicago's Midway airport. At the time, it suited me bc I was on the south side.

At the time, they didnt have a location in O Hare. So check all that with the destination city.

 

There are some "cheap" ones like Allegiant or Frontier that some people in Tampa have used to travel to relatively far places like Denver, Colorado. But they probably have no free checked bags or limited carry-ons allowed. I have never flown on them, but you could try kayak and compare.

 

 

 

 

Edited by DangerousJ
Link to comment
1 hour ago, axeman61 said:

What airline do you guys hit for good flight prices? I'm not looking for cheap, but I'm new to this. The most I know is to look at individual airlines. Going to Texas two months from now.

Don't shop any one particular airline- use an airfare matrix search and grab the cheapest option that works for you.

 

https://matrix.itasoftware.com/

 

Link to comment

Hey guys. How would ya define success. And based on your definition. Do you feel successful in life? Content? Or unsuccessful?

 

I'm at a point in life where I'm somewhere between content and unsuccessful if I'm being real. I feel like I'm ok where I'm at. But I under achieved in life so far.

Link to comment
2 hours ago, Reticently said:

 

 

 

His “deep closeted gay” joke is another one of my favorites. 
 


 

Norm MacDonald’s death has really shaken me. He was such a huge inspiration to me growing up and wanting to be a comedy writer. My style of comedy, sense of humor and delivery of jokes IRL are still very modeled by him.
 

 I’ve been watching clips of his stand up, shows, podcasts and guest spots on talk shows since I read the news this morning. I’m absolutely gutted that he’s gone but I’m glad he had a hand in shaping my sense of humor even with him obviously never knowing that fact. 

Edited by iStu X
Link to comment
9 hours ago, Faltimar the Dark said:

Do you guys actually believe hunneds of folk are eating horse dewormer and other such shits to fight off kung flu?  Y'all cant be that stupid.  Can you?

Of course they can.  "Search your feelings.  You know it to be true."

 

6 hours ago, Seth Vega said:

What would you do if you find out your immortal all your life and you would only be invincible if you maintain your balance which basically means you must not do any evil?

I'd jack off while falling out of a plane.  If it's truly a sin I'd be dead, but if I just bounce and get up the matter will be settled once and for all.

Link to comment
10 hours ago, Deadly_Raver said:

Of course they can.  "Search your feelings.  You know it to be true."

I suppose a lot are.  Its funny that no one even responded till you said something and the one other person that responded did so just to cast an insult.  So no substance to his post.  Dont figure most would respond since I'm like the only one here that doesnt get the vaccine.  I derail these guys back rubbing doe when I come in and say the shit I say.  Throws the foos off.

Link to comment
9 minutes ago, Faltimar the Dark said:

Its funny that no one even responded till you said something and the one other person that responded did so just to cast an insult.  So no substance to his post.  Dont figure most would respond since I'm like the only one here that doesnt get the vaccine.  I derail these guys back rubbing doe when I come in and say the shit I say.  Throws the foos off.

Talk about no substance? You cast the first insult by asking if everyone can't be that stupid. It's literally in your post, with nothing to back it up. Don't come in here playing victim if you're throwing stones yourself. It makes you look ugly and dumb.

 

Nobody gives a shit you didn't get the vaccine, and you keep bringing it up is getting old as fuck.  Again, nobody fucking cares.

Link to comment
53 minutes ago, Faltimar the Dark said:

I suppose a lot are.  Its funny that no one even responded till you said something and the one other person that responded did so just to cast an insult.  So no substance to his post.  Dont figure most would respond since I'm like the only one here that doesnt get the vaccine.  I derail these guys back rubbing doe when I come in and say the shit I say.  Throws the foos off.

And to bring this to a more neutral stance, people in general have done some dumb shit over the years.  We've gone through the tide pod challenge, people specifically putting switch cartridges in their mouth despite specifically NIntendo saying we put stuff on it to taste bad to prevent people from doing just this,  people opening up ice cream containers in grocery stores and licking them and putting it back in the freezer,  eating horse dewormer because they don't want to take the vaccine because they don't know what's in it or whatever conspiracy or excuse they want to come up with for that week, and lastly the latest craze in the crate challenge.  So when you ask  "Are we stupid enough to believe that people would willing and ignorantly take poison to fight off covid?"  I have to point to the other stuff that has happened and say "....yeah?"

Link to comment
59 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

Talk about no substance? You cast the first insult by asking if everyone can't be that stupid. It's literally in your post, with nothing to back it up. Don't come in here playing victim if you're throwing stones yourself. It makes you look ugly and dumb.

 

Nobody gives a shit you didn't get the vaccine, and you keep bringing it up is getting old as fuck.  Again, nobody fucking cares.

I agree. His view is equal to that of my brother from this very subject, which is unfortunate. No wonder I've cut that sibling out of my life for having consistent ego over substance. After all, he was always right in his mind and I was a deep pothole, black sheep. He couldn't even balance himself out in intellectuality either way. I couldn't deal with it anymore. 

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
  • Create New...
Stage Select