Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

33 minutes ago, iEmptyeyes said:

I agree. His view is equal to that of my brother from this very subject, which is unfortunate. No wonder I've cut that sibling out of my life for having consistent ego over substance.

That's not my point. I also have a brother, and several other family members who haven't gotten vaccinated for Covid.  I'm not cutting those people out of my life.

And I also don't dislike Faltimar.  But it's annoying when he comes in here and insults people, then acts like the victim when someone responds to it.

37 minutes ago, Faltimar the Dark said:

I suppose a lot are.  Its funny that no one even responded till you said something and the one other person that responded did so just to cast an insult.  So no substance to his post.  Dont figure most would respond since I'm like the only one here that doesnt get the vaccine.  I derail these guys back rubbing doe when I come in and say the shit I say.  Throws the foos off.

I didn't see it.  I'm guessing that would mean that it's somebody I have on ignore and therefore the usual suspect(s).  

Apparently, the cali recall failed.  You gonna keep newsom?  Looks like the exodus will continue.

@MillionX Here's another one from the Angryman.

I'm not saying,"I told ya so" but I am thinking it.......................and typing it.  

1 hour ago, Sonichuman said:

I see nearly nothing wrong here.  Dude rolled out of his car with a fuckin uzi.  I mean shooting the dude like...10+times point blank is...pretty fuckin excessive.  Dude had to be dead witin the first 4-5 bullets but uh yeah same expected result regardless.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. He could have been judged by 12 but choose to be carried by 6. 

I loved every moment of seeing that piece of trash get lit the fuck up by those cops.  Fuck these scumbag shit-stain bastards, man.  They can all burn in Hell as far as I'm concerned.  The world can already be a shitty place just by default without scum like that making it worse for everyone.

I get sick and goddamn tired of seeing this trash all the time, especially ones like that bringing shame to my "tribe".  I'd Thanos-snap every last one of those shitheads out of existence today, if I had that damn Gauntlet.  When their kids grow up to be shitheads too...the moment they start some bullshit I'd erase them too....and keep erasing future generations from the universe as well.

14 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

This ain't the movies. People don't just give up when you shoot them in the leg. 

I would even argue that even in many movies, an enemy that gets hit in the leg/arm/non vital spot sometimes has shown to still get strength to reach for another weapon and try to get a final revenge shot once the main characters/hero has their back turned. 

6 minutes ago, TheInfernoman said:

I would even argue that even in many movies, an enemy that gets hit in the leg/arm/non vital spot sometimes has shown to still get strength to reach for another weapon and try to get a final revenge shot once the main characters/hero has their back turned. 

When the adrenaline is running...

Well...apparently there is a Twisted Metal live-action thing in the works?!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/anthony-mackie-to-star-in-e2-80-98twisted-metal-e2-80-99-tv-series-from-sony/ar-AAOtqo8?ocid=uxbndlbing

Anthony Mackie is starring in it... of course I was already wondering if they had him lined up to play Calypso because....y'know the rules with those redheaded characters 😆  ...but nah he's "John Doe".  If that character is from the later games I wouldn't know; I only played parts 1 and 2... I *think* I played part 3 for a short time as a rental.

I enjoyed Calypso as the villain in the series; he was basically left a mystery from what I remember, and just seemed to be a "djinn"-like being capable of granting wishes, with few if any limitations on what he could make happen....though as per usual with the whole "granting wishes" thing, it usually turned out to be some horrible fate for the person making the wish....never fully trust those damn djinns, man.  I would always word my wishes very carefully.

Edit---eh, it's still early in the news cycle for this...so it's still possible they could get some other black person to play formerly redheaded Calypso....while someone will of course argue "well see....Calypso obviously isn't even human sooooo...."

Edited by MillionX
4 minutes ago, MillionX said:

but nah he's "John Doe".  If that character is from the later games I wouldn't know

Could be seen as a reference to Twisted Metal Black. There was also a character called John Doe who had amnesia. He looked like this.

image0.webp

He could be just a generic viewpoint character like Coke Young in the Mortal Kombat movie was and not have any relation to the TM character.

It's been a hell of a slow burn with my personal "performance improvement plan". Since April, I've gotten back into running consistently with Zone 2 (Heart rate) training being the primary focus. Dropped a couple pants sizes and now I can run about two miles again without taking a breather. It's amazing how a minor shift in time allotments can make you feel so much better. To add a little more variety, I'm doing a "bro-split" with high reps (20+) dumbbell routine for resistance training. The issue I always had with weights was they'd make my joints ache when I was training heavy. This allows me to get my form right and it's far more engaging. The burn is different from what I was used to in the past (and is more enjoyable so to speak). 

People who haven't seen me in a few months ask what I did. My response is some variation of "eat less, move more, cook your own shit". 

6 hours ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

....People who haven't seen me in a few months ask what I did. My response is some variation of "eat less, move more, cook your own shit". 

When you start eating food you make you realize how fatty and unhealthy most prepared food is that comes from your average restaurant.  You can eat like a king and even put butter on your food and still be under the caloric content of most restaurants by a huge margin.

Edited by J-ride

I thought the Herman Cain Award subreddit would get boring to me after a while, but no. I've even sometimes given a very small clap or fist pump at the end of some posts, as some of the people who died are true trash.

But I also found a new (to me) subreddiit called LeopardsAteMyFace. It's based off that saying that ends "...but I never thought the leopards would eat MY face!" It's like the Herman Cain award, but expanded into other things. Also, people usually don't die, though there are a lot of covid cases there. Worth a check.

Edited by axeman61

ohoooo shouldn't have shown me that... I was recently thinking that there must be some website to allow easy meme creation and here we are.....eh, it won't thumbnail so whatever:

https://imgflip.com/i/5n5p8i

https://imgflip.com/i/5n5qlb

https://imgflip.com/i/5n5rw2

https://imgflip.com/i/5n5st6

Had to do a "Netflix presents..." one

https://imgflip.com/i/5n5wpt

Edited by MillionX

So I realized that I'm doing terrible on my New Year's resolutions this year:

1) no meditating every day (just 5 minutes)

2) haven't started learning harmonica

3) haven't read a book every week. This goal is probably a little unrealistic, should probably be 1 every 2 weeks. I've read 15 books so far this year, but we're in week ~38 right now.

Sadness.

Also unstated  was 4) work out thrice a week but that's pretty much impossible because the gym's been closed for months. I haven't gained any weight or anything, but my fitness is almost certainly deteriorating.

7 hours ago, J-ride said:

When you start eating food you make you realize how fatty and unhealthy most prepared food is that comes from your average restaurant.  You can eat like a king and even put butter on your food and still be under the caloric content of most restaurants by a huge margin.

Very true. Add in the fact that most takeout is carb-loaded to the moon. 

1 hour ago, Scanman said:

o I realized that I'm doing terrible on my New Year's resolutions this year:

1) no meditating every day (just 5 minutes)

2) haven't started learning harmonica

3) haven't read a book every week. This goal is probably a little unrealistic, should probably be 1 every 2 weeks. I've read 15 books so far this year, but we're in week ~38 right now.

Sadness.

Also unstated  was 4) work out thrice a week but that's pretty much impossible because the gym's been closed for months. I haven't gained any weight or anything, but my fitness is almost certainly deteriorating.

It's Thursday, September 16 in the year 2021. You have 107 days to take that step. 

Frankly, I don't do New Years Resolutions for this reason. Outside of the global consensus that we've made a trip around the sun, there are 364 (365 in leap years) that can function in a similar fashion. That said, it's honestly taken me five months to really make doing those things I mentioned earlier a part of my life and "enjoy" doing it. For me it wasn't the first month, it was pushing through third that got it to stick. You see progress and that's the scary part. In a strange way it felt like a license to cool off the intensity. I kept it up and now they are just things that I do on a regular basis. 

Draw a line in the sand, embrace the suck, and keep driving forward.

Edited by OPTIMUS124

speaking of resolutions though--- 2020 went straight to hell, obviously... at the start of last year, I was thinking "yeah, I'll take much more time off this year... enjoy life that much more..." then the pandemic said "nah, bruh...fuck your plans."  ...because Life Itself is an asshole, basically.  I was also thinking about what kind of results I'd have by now if the pandemic didn't also mean the shutdown of the gym/fitness place I started attending in early 2020.  It was some serious calorie burn going on each weekend there.  I have a punching bag and boxing gloves at home, along with some small weights to lift, but I also miss actually being there. (*plus they had all kinds of weight bags to punch around, and various other exercise equipment, of course)

...but on another note---I can't stop with the memes now... it's too much fun...

DISNEY PRESENTS...

https://imgflip.com/i/5n6csa 

NETFLIX PRESENTS!

https://imgflip.com/i/5n6fs5

delicious..

https://imgflip.com/i/5n6qc0

step 1 is the Prune juice

https://imgflip.com/i/5n6s7a

Edited by MillionX
8 hours ago, axeman61 said:

I thought the Herman Cain Award subreddit would get boring to me after a while, but no. I've even sometimes given a very small clap or fist pump at the end of some posts, as some of the people who died are true trash.

But I also found a new (to me) subreddiit called LeopardsAteMyFace. It's based off that saying that ends "...but I never thought the leopards would eat MY face!" It's like the Herman Cain award, but expanded into other things. Also, people usually don't die, though there are a lot of covid cases there. Worth a check.

I've been pretty much reading through most of the awards on a daily basis.  It's nice that there's some redemption stories that show up every so often but it's super rare.

1 minute ago, KingTubb said:

That looks great! 

I've got a skull in almost the exact same spot lol

and the elbow ditch is a bitch, same with the wrist. Lots of blood vessels and nerves and not a lot of fat or muscle to protect it

Now she is forcing me to get mine... haha But I don't have severe ADHD and the impulsivity that comes with it haha

1 minute ago, scorp said:

Do you have tatts on your upper arm/bicep?

You're good, homie. As long as you say away from the inside of the arm you'll be fine. the outside of the arm/shoulder is one of the least painful places I've been tattooed. 

Now the inside of the arm can be a real bitch. The absolute worst tho? The armpit. Never again. 

But when it comes to pain and tattooing there's a ton of factors:

You're personal thresholds

What you're getting

and something that people don't talk about enough: Your artist and their touch. 

I've have tattoos that I barely noticed were happening and ones in similar places done by other people that SUCKED SO MUCH ASS, FUCK. 

The guy that did my sleeve had the heaviest hand ever on linework. His shading was really light. He warned me before hand lol

1 minute ago, KingTubb said:

You're good, homie. As long as you say away from the inside of the arm you'll be fine. the outside of the arm/shoulder is one of the least painful places I've been tattooed. 

Now the inside of the arm can be a real bitch. The absolute worst tho? The armpit. Never again. 

But when it comes to pain and tattooing there's a ton of factors:

You're personal thresholds

What you're getting

and something that people don't talk about enough: Your artist and their touch. 

I've have tattoos that I barely noticed were happening and ones in similar places done by other people that SUCKED SO MUCH ASS, FUCK. 

The guy that did my sleeve had the heaviest hand ever on linework. His shading was really light. He warned me before hand lol

Thanks for the advice! I might go with the same artist as her... He seems... Crazy good lol

https://www.instagram.com/jayfreestyle/

10 minutes ago, scorp said:

He seems... Crazy good lol

I'd like to see some healed pics, but from the looks of it, he is. 

Has that cool "photorealism/neo traditional" blend that's popping off right now. 

Better than tho micro tattoos that all the influencers are getting.

That being said, I'd totally get a micro tattoo 🤣

4 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

I'd like to see some healed pics, but from the looks of it, he is. 

Has that cool "photorealism/neo traditional" blend that's popping off right now. 

Better than tho micro tattoos that all the influencers are getting.

That being said, I'd totally get a micro tattoo 🤣

hahah Micro tatts? SOUNDS LIKE POOR PEOPLE STUFF

Also check out his wife.. She has a totally unique pop art look too.

https://www.instagram.com/jennacoffintattoo/

Just now, scorp said:

hahah Micro tatts? SOUNDS LIKE POOR PEOPLE STUFF

Also check out his wife.. She has a totally unique pop art look too.

She's dope, lucky that you have good artist near you. Stu is jealous lol.

But yeah, micro tats. That's all bangbang's fault. His NYC shop does all those tiny tats on celebs. 

Better than the autochrist stuff at least. Dear lord those are the worst. But also, I love them lol

17 minutes ago, iStu X said:

Ugh.  I need more tattoos.I’ve only had the one for so long. 😞 

if I could find a decent artist around here I’d be covered by now. 

Where you living now, Stu? Seriously no decent artists around??

Just now, KingTubb said:

She's dope, lucky that you have good artist near you. Stu is jealous lol.

But yeah, micro tats. That's all bangbang's fault. His NYC shop does all those tiny tats on celebs. 

Better than the autochrist stuff at least. Dear lord those are the worst. But also, I love them lol

haha I have no idea who that is. But sounds like typical celeb shit lol "Here is a tiny heart"

What's autochrist??