Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

5 hours ago, Maxx said:

Uh? 90% of black shows got white producers/ white show runners... That's just Hollywood.  Unless you got Tyler perry money this is just how the industry works. 

I could honestly use any race for that example... Even if it's an Asian comedian who had a big platform on Netflix they would still catch flack if it was primarily about black people or gay people. 

You aren't getting what I'm saying. I don't care that a white person is a showrunner of a minority show. That's the realm of the people coming for Dave. It only shows their hypocrisy. Which was my point in the first place. Any comedian that isn't black has to walk a tightrope with jokes about black people but its still possible. No straight comedian can say anything about the LGBT community. 

Edited by Darc_Requiem

Y'know, it would've been comedy gold if Jewish people started talking about how Hollywood desperately needs more Jew representation....around the time people were going on about "Oscars so white", etc.  I kept waiting on this delicious gold to happen for all our amusement but sadly it never did.

On another note---today I had a cheeseburger for breakfast...just because living by your own rules is pretty damn awesome.  It's the simple things like that (things I couldn't get away with as a kid, obviously) I tend to cherish in life.

Edited by MillionX
7 hours ago, RSG3 said:

Wether that's the intent or bot it still does. Irish people aren't white they are Irish. Italians aren't white they are Italian. 

But I find the term "white people" to be pretty shitty in general. It's almost always used as a pejorative to insult a group, bot include them, while outside of including them in the insult. 

Wether the intent is to erase them or bot, it does regardless because it lumps them in with everyone who has the same skin color as then as if we all share the same cultures and identities. Italians don't really like being called anything but Italian, very proud of it, but seems we ignore that and just call them white cuz it's easier or something. 

No matter the intent it just isn't a very good look to me to put so much emphasis on skin color all the time like this. It all just comes off as "Who cares how they feel, they are white" to me. 

We do that with all races tho. All races have genealogy that comes from a large variety of places but it's quicker and easier at a glance to say "white" "black" "Asian" etc. 

On 10/9/2021 at 6:36 PM, Reticently said:

Yeah, it's not that jokes aren't made in good fun or whatever, it's just that when comedy punches down at out-groups it makes actual haters a little less uncomfortable putting their own shit takes on the subject out there.

No reason to cancel Chappelle or anything, but there's plenty of other funny shit competing for my attention that's going to move ahead of that set on the list.

I don't really see it as punching down. Gays are doing really well and have the government, corporations (pretending to anyway), and most people championing  their cause. If anything, Dave,as a black guy, is probably punching up. 

I cooked meatloaf and green beans for dinners. 

14BB568E-FAEC-4464-B6E7-D90839D8178C.thumb.jpeg.be3067c07105cfff6c6c5ac7c6a9904c.jpeg

It’s my go to for “I really wanna cook but don’t want to put a lot of effort into cooking” meal. It also makes for crazy good leftovers. 

recipe is dumb easy too

1lb of turkey meat 

1lb of sage sausage (Italian seasoned also works) 

2 eggs

1 cup of water 

1 package of turkey stuffing 

1/2 cup of bbq sauce (separated) 

mix all ingredients including 1/4 cup of the bbq sauce together until just incorporated (over mixing is what makes meatloaf so dense) and transfer into loaf pan. Spread the other 1/4 of bbq sauce on top then place in over at 375 for 60-70 minutes. 

once finished let it rest for 10 minutes before serving 

the green beans is just a table spoon of olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder and cayenne pepper. After it’s done I grated Parmesan cheese on it and let that rest for about 5 minutes so the cheese could melt 

Edited by iStu X
31 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

don't really see it as punching down. Gays are doing really well and have the government, corporations (pretending to anyway), and most people championing  their cause. If anything, Dave,as a black guy, is probably punching up. 

Chappelle is doing better than most people in general, even if that wasn't always the situation.

Speaking just of the people I know, trans people are still having a shit time with work situations, renting apartments, getting harassed for being in the "wrong" place. etc. It's not like the rest of LGB*QIA+ where nobody knows if they don't want it to be known.  So like, Hollywood people maybe aside, being trans in America seems like it sucks.

16 minutes ago, Reticently said:

Chappelle is doing better than most people in general, even if that wasn't always the situation.

Speaking just of the people I know, trans people are still having a shit time with work situations, renting apartments, getting harassed for being in the "wrong" place. etc. It's not like the rest of LGB*QIA+ where nobody knows if they don't want it to be known.  So like, Hollywood people maybe aside, being trans in America seems like it sucks.

Dave's still black, he didn't get to choose that. 

The trans thing is new and is weird right now. In another 20 years it'll probably be more commonplace and accepted, but right now, it's weird for a lot of people and trying to act like it's normal doesn't help because it really isn't, at least right now it's not. 

Edited by DoctaMario
33 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

Dave's still black, he didn't get to choose that. 

The trans thing is new and is weird right now. In another 20 years it'll probably be more commonplace and accepted, but right now, it's weird for a lot of people and trying to act like it's normal doesn't help because it really isn't, at least right now it's not. 

Only thing is there some real reasons the medical community found why someone would be trans. 
Both mental health and physical health reasons. It's not something you pick, but you can choose how to deal with those factors.
Some people embrace how the feel, and that creeps the hell out of some

2 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

Dave's still black

I mean, I'm not trying to oppression Olympics it or pretend I know what other people go through.  I'm sure there are black trans people out there who wouldn't think of it as punching up though.

But I mean, even if it was punching sideways it's not doing any favors for a bunch of people who have a hard enough time getting through the day to day.

Again, I'm not cancelling Dave or trying to take money out of his pocket.  I'm just opting out of giving that set my eyeballs.

Edited by Reticently
4 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

We do that with all races tho.

Doesn't stop it from being a shitty thing to do. You're not describing a person with these statements you are describing an entire group of people and lumping them all together under one label when they are nothing of the sort. 

Just because everyone doesn't doesn't mean we can't be better. I don't buy that. 

3 hours ago, HD-Man said:

A woman can state she doesn't like short men, light skinned men, men that ain't got 10 inches of dick, the works, but the second a man states what he's not attracted to, all hell breaks loose 😂

Reminds me of that Chris Rock bit. Where certain people can talk shit to others because it doesn't sound as bad if the other did the same. Ladies can have all the standards they want for a man. But a guy can't have standards for a woman. "That's just mean"

Found it. Start at 4:50. 

3 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Wait, I thought this was already illegal 🤔

With 50 states having different laws, it probably already is illegal in places.

But with specific laws talking about the exact situation, it probably keeps it from coming down to some judge's opinion as to whether some more general existing law applies.

32 minutes ago, Reticently said:

With 50 states having different laws, it probably already is illegal in places.

But with specific laws talking about the exact situation, it probably keeps it from coming down to some judge's opinion as to whether some more general existing law applies.

Honestly I thought it was a consent issue. If a girl consents on the condition that you where a rubber and you take the rubber off....then you don't have consent. The issue I see with this is not a more specific law but proving it. it's a He Said/She Said situation. We gonna need that Dave Chappelle Consent Contract to become a reality.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
12 hours ago, RSG3 said:

Doesn't stop it from being a shitty thing to do. You're not describing a person with these statements you are describing an entire group of people and lumping them all together under one label when they are nothing of the sort. 

Just because everyone doesn't doesn't mean we can't be better. I don't buy that. 

I understand what you're saying, but like I said, it's like shorthand. Asking someone what their nationality is when you address them would get tiring. 

15 minutes ago, Serpent said:

Why would a dude wear a condom and then take it off? It's like everyone just decided it's men that preggo trap women. That's ass backwards. Women are the ones that love going oops pregnant and lying about BC. 

Because dudes do it because the girls asks them to. Most dudes don't wanna wear it and hate the feeling. Most dudes will do pull out and think they are fine.. That's where you get oops pregnant for alot of cases or she says she's on the pill and isn't. It's a 50/50 fuck up

Edited by Maxx
56 minutes ago, Serpent said:

Why would a dude wear a condom and then take it off? It's like everyone just decided it's men that preggo trap women. That's ass backwards. Women are the ones that love going oops pregnant and lying about BC. 

It's not really that uncommon. Dudes will take it off because they don't like the feeling. Chick doesn't realize what went down until he busts his load. That's if he doesn't pull out first. I heard of dudes pulling this all the time back in the day. Never head of the term "stealthing" though.

17 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

It's not really that uncommon. Dudes will take it off because they don't like the feeling. Chick doesn't realize what went down until he busts his load. That's if he doesn't pull out first. I heard of dudes pulling this all the time back in the day. Never head of the term "stealthing" though.

There's a few terms for it... But rape is more valid lol. 

6 hours ago, Reticently said:

First of all:  Who the fuck is even doing this?  

If she says he took it off during sex, how are they going to prove it?  They gonna check the instant replay or something?

Risk of sexually transmitted infections?   There's a pretty easy way to stop that and it's called STOP FUCKING DIRTY DICKS!!!

Now they can sue offenders.

Ah.  Now it all makes sense.  Now you can get sued for a one-night stand on a woman's say so.  That's right boys.  Now you can get your pockets robbed on an accusation after the deed is done.  This is going to bring even new meaning to the phrase, "Is the pussy worth it?"  Check ya wallets buddy.  That chick you bagged might cost you more than a few drinks and a hotel room.  A LOT more.