Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

41 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

Word. Good fats help too. 

Fats are a big factor in turning your body's hunger response off

I constantly forget this no matter how many times I'm told.  I need to research more into it because one of my MAIN problems is impulse eating.  I have to forcibly bouncer myself away from the fridge knowing I just ate not even an hour ago. 

Also:  I think stores should have a,"I'm trying to lose weight so help me avoid temptation" side.  Damn snack cakes be front and center all whoring themselves out at me like,"If you buy me you can have me!!"  Get AWAY from me you Hostess harlots! 

1 hour ago, Deadly_Raver said:

I think stores should have a,"I'm trying to lose weight so help me avoid temptation" side.  Damn snack cakes be front and center all whoring themselves out at me like,"If you buy me you can have me!!"  Get AWAY from me you Hostess harlots! 

Ain't no one trying to buy saltess wheat crackers as an impulse buy lmao. 

Edited by RSG3
2 hours ago, Deadly_Raver said:

I constantly forget this no matter how many times I'm told.  I need to research more into it because one of my MAIN problems is impulse eating.  I have to forcibly bouncer myself away from the fridge knowing I just ate not even an hour ago. 

Also:  I think stores should have a,"I'm trying to lose weight so help me avoid temptation" side.  Damn snack cakes be front and center all whoring themselves out at me like,"If you buy me you can have me!!"  Get AWAY from me you Hostess harlots! 

Nutrition matters, but not quite the way people think it does. It's really still mostly your actual physical activity (motion) as well as getting sunlight. For me sunlight and exercise are major appetite suppressants, and also naturally change my diet. If I'm healthier and more active, my body tends to crave healthier food. When I'm sedentary and indoors too much, I tend to find junk food is tastier.

COVIDs been really tough on the sunlight and motion part. I would usually take daily walks and wait for public transport regularly, not so much anymore obviously. Not sure when we'll be able to walk around and go back to normal again. Winter I usually tend to be indoors more too, but that's usually after being out a light the warmer times, not so much this year as I've been indoors most of the time since the middle of March.

I don't know about other people, but it's definitely getting to me mentally a bit now.

I also didn't like E. Honda.  Of all the original 8 World Warriors, that character was and still is my last choice of who I'd play.  Sumos are fat and like any other fat person...they tend to just look silly to me. 😄

..but that reminds me... there was a day when a science teacher paddled a girl in class, and his hand moved so fast it looked like a real life "100-hand slap"' from E. Honda being done to her backside.  The whole class was laughing....she had no chance of blocking that special hypercombo.

I remember the first character I played though...on that magical day around 1991 or early 92 at the arcade, seeing SF2 for the first time... was Blanka.  

Later in 92 when Mortal Kombat was out--the first character I played was Sub Zero...his fatality was also the first one I saw.  Man... that was quite a time---first time seeing MK you think... ok, another fighting game...except these characters look like real footage of people...then you see a fatality for the first time...it would change everything.

Disbelief Reaction GIF

Edited by MillionX

Random, and a bummer, but I'm looking for advice from someone who's fixed up an old house.

I have to go through probate, but I MIGHT have my mom's home free and clear after her passing. There are problems though:

-It needs a bunch of repairs (that I know about) before it's decent. For instance, both windows with A/Cs in the bedrooms are torn off the walls from air conditioner water over the years. There might be wiring problems. And plenty of other stuff. Aside from damage, also needs to be cleaned out, as my mom was a packrat with tons of junk. I don't want to rent it out for these reasons.

-It's in an area of Michigan where almost all the good programming jobs are at least an hour away. That means an hour commute at minimum to and from work every day once offices are a thing again.

The reasons I'm considering keeping this house are:

-Just in case something happens with my job and I have to move back there. I have a hefty savings pile built, but my last job hunt was 7 months.

-I wouldn't have to pay rent; just bills. My current rent & utilities combo is damn close to 900 bucks a month, and I live in a one-bedroom apartment. One with central air and an in-unit washer/dryer, but still.

-With just me in the house, it won't be junky like I remember.  Also, I don't think I'll get many opportunities to just have a 2 bedroom house.

I've been stuck pondering this ever since before my mom passed. Aside from jobs though, the biggest component is the fixer upper aspect of the house. Has anyone fixed up a raggedy house? Was it worth it for all the effort you put in?

22 minutes ago, axeman61 said:

I've been stuck pondering this ever since before my mom passed. Aside from jobs though, the biggest component is the fixer upper aspect of the house. Has anyone fixed up a raggedy house? Was it worth it for all the effort you put in?

With any house, there is always something to fix or improve upon. Renting in my area was rough so owning a house has been a dream in comparison. Prioritize the projects and set goals each year, then worry about the non-essentials later on. From my experience, electric and plumbing are top priorities.

4 hours ago, MillionX said:

I heard about this recently... this dude spent 24 mil on this apparently 

I've never even heard of the guy until this story about him getting a diamond in his forehead. (inspired by Vision from Marvel perhaps?)

This guy could be a great boss to beat...imagine Wario literally knocking him out tile he explodes into gems/gold! 

7 hours ago, MillionX said:

I heard about this recently... this dude spent 24 mil on this apparently 

I've never even heard of the guy until this story about him getting a diamond in his forehead. (inspired by Vision from Marvel perhaps?)

I'm still tripping more off the price tag than it being stuck in his head. A shiny rock that costs 24 mil better take me to an alternate universe and protect me from all harm.

But to be real though, I doubt that diamond (or whatever it is) REALLY cost 24M.

Edited by axeman61

Diamonds being so expensive is just a stupid concept to me... it's a shiny rock that doesn't actually do anything.  A certain industry decided they were something of great value, and society just kinda went along with that idea.  Even a random cheap comic book that costs around 2 or 3 bucks back in the 90s....or an old computer that is only powerful enough to play the first "Postal" game....those are more interesting/valuable items to me.  A diamond will always just be a "shiny rock".  For me to ever spend so much on a "rock", it better be an actual Infinity Gem granting me ridiculous god-level power.

With 24 mil to spend---imagine all the other things he could've done for himself... one could buy a house/property worth "just" 1 or 2 million, have it paid off completely from day 1, and still have the majority of the 24 mil left over...probably a portion set aside to hire staff for lawncare and a few maids...and whatever your property tax will be on that....and you'll still most likely have quite a bit left over even after hiring those people to take care of things....then you invest another large chunk into various other things. 

...but nope, instead of all that... he buys the "shiny rock".  He probably already has a nice house at this point, I'd imagine...in that case, perhaps another one for a beloved relative?  Or just whatever else...maybe a few new fancy cars to start a "vehicle collection", perhaps.  I'd at least have my dream cars since childhood----> an Aston Martin (silver color, of course) ...and at least 1 Porsche.  Ooh...another thing would be to have my own private race-track as well....yeah.

...oh and the arcade as well.  One large room of my mansion would have several arcade cabinets, special lighting and all that jazz... maybe a rocky exterior as well to make it just like one of my favorite regular spots back in the day. (the "Gold Mine" arcade at the Mall of Memphis; the outside was done up to look like the entrance to a cave/mine area.  Yeah, this was the place where I first saw and played Street Fighter II, and later Mortal Kombat.  It's also the only arcade where I saw the Indiana Jones game...no one else had that for some reason.  They had all the biggest games of the time + the older classics like the Pacman games, Q*bert, Zaxxon, Rampage, etc.)

Edited by MillionX

Well. The big short squeeze happened already. Like two weeks ago. Seems I was late to the party and took a fat L. Lost 1300 on a 3800 investment. 😞 But I learnt my lesson. If I miss the boat. Wait for another boat. Never chase. Imma get back into Zomedica for the March product launch.

Focus on that and look for one more play to get into. Then after that. Do due diligence before putting money into any stock. In the meantime. Load up my Brokerage account