Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

22 minutes ago, Reticently said:

I don't think paternity tests should be mandatory, if only because they're pretty expensive and not remotely covered by health insurance.

Abortions are expensive and they will cover those with taxpayer money.   Welfare is even more expensive and it is also covered by taxpayer money.  Put paternity tests in there.  I bet there will be ten times the number of men who agree to those who disagree.

26 minutes ago, Reticently said:

I'd be fine with a legal right to demand one if you want to dispute child support.  Keep in mind though that sometimes those tests do give the wrong answer (usually human error in the lab or in the reporting, because the tests themselves are pretty good).

That's not going to work.  They will already pin child support on men who have overwhelming proof that they are not the father.  I say make the paternity tests mandatory at birth.  This will end a lot of problems in that particular section of society.

1 hour ago, Deadly_Raver said:

Somehow, I don't think their cunning little plan went the way they intended.

On the bright side,  I have to at least give Netflix the thumb's up for sticking to their morals.  They didn't bend the knee when people wanted Cuties gone, and they're standing up for Dave too.  Whether you like them or not, Netflix has a spine.  👍

Morals? They legit said it's too popular lmfao.. Morals means  💰💰💰

1 minute ago, Deadly_Raver said:

Put paternity tests in there.

That's fine to say, but the insurance companies are going to laugh at you as they say no.  And if they're mandatory the testing companies are just going to jack them up to "go fuck yourself" prices because what are you going to do, choose to go to jail instead?

5 minutes ago, Deadly_Raver said:

That's not going to work.  They will already pin child support on men who have overwhelming proof that they are not the father.

That's another argument against it.  If they already don't give a shit about "overwhelming proof", then why do you expect "even more proof but now you have to pay for it" to be any different?

43 minutes ago, Reticently said:

I don't think paternity tests should be mandatory, if only because they're pretty expensive and not remotely covered by health insurance.

Not as expensive as signing a birth certificate and being stuck paying for a kid that isn't yours for 18 years. Remember in most states, if you sign the birth certificate, you are legally on the hook no matter what.

Demi Lovato Says ‘Alien’ Is ‘Derogatory,’ Offensive to Extraterrestrials: Use ‘ETs’ Instead

demilovatoaliens1-640x480.jpg

“I think that we have to stop calling them aliens because aliens is a derogatory term for anything. That’s why I like to call them ETs!” Lovato said in a recent interview with PEDESTRIANtv. “So yeah, that’s a little tidbit. A little information that I learned.”

It remains unclear, however, where exactly Lovato has gotten the “little information” from.

Lovato — who came out as “pansexual” earlier this year, and then in May, declared that she is “non-binary” and uses “they” and “them” pronouns —  is currently promoting her new Peacock Original series, Unidentified with Demi Lovato.

In the show, the singer “brings viewers on a road trip alongside friends, family and leading alien experts in search of definitive answers to some of the biggest questions about extraterrestrial life,” according to Peacock’s description of the series.

After being asked if there are any common misconceptions about UFOs that bother her, Lovato said people need to drop negative stereotypes.

“I think the ones that bother me are that [aliens] are harmful or that they’ll come and take over the planet,” the Dancing With the Devil singer said.

At the end of the PEDESTRIANtv article, the editor provided a bizarre note, which read, “As per Demi’s guidance, we have refrained from using the A-word in this article as it’s an offensive term, no matter who you’re directing it at. It’s ETs, folks. File that away, please!”

Last month, Lovato claimed that she had a “beautiful and incredible” encounter with aliens at Joshua Tree National Park.

“We went out into the desert in Joshua Tree and I basically saw this blue orb that was about 50 feet away, maybe less, and it was kind of like floating above the ground, just like 10 or 15 feet, and it was kind of keeping its distance from me,” the singer said. “It was a beautiful and incredible experience.”

2 hours ago, Reticently said:

That's fine to say, but the insurance companies are going to laugh at you as they say no.  And if they're mandatory the testing companies are just going to jack them up to "go fuck yourself" prices because what are you going to do, choose to go to jail instead?

you mean like they do with anything else?  Go for it.  it looks like Abortion prices are doing well enough.  A test that proves you're not the dad, or 18 years of extortion payments.  I know which one I'd pay for.

2 hours ago, Reticently said:

That's another argument against it.  If they already don't give a shit about "overwhelming proof", then why do you expect "even more proof but now you have to pay for it" to be any different?

with the test, you (The father) now know it isn't your kid.  Don't sign the Birth Certificate and you can now fight your way out if she tries to come after you for money.  Most guys get suckered into signing the paper and they use that to screw them over.  If the guy knew from the start, he can decide to walk and leave that mess where it is.  I'm Just sayin.

3 hours ago, YourFavGrandpa said:

So this means that anyone with a side hustle that's classified as a independent contractor is fair game to have their books looked through? Nah, fuck that shit. Seriously.

lol.  You know what's gonna happen.

People are gonna get busted buying PS5s and sex dolls  "Anatomically correct mannequins".  

I'm trying to get a house next year and I might get yanked up for paying the mortgage.  Damn.  

https://www.si.com/nba/2021/10/12/kyrie-irving-nets-guard-against-covid-19-vaccine-mandates

Kyrie Irving's stance to get vaccinated against COVID-19 has not changed as of Tuesday night, but per The Athletic's Shams Charania, it's not because he's anti-vax or anti-science. 

The Nets guard reportedly is 'upset' about individuals losing their jobs because of vaccine mandates. Charania writes, "To him, this is about a grander fight than the one on the court and Irving is challenging a perceived control of society and people’s livelihood, according to sources with knowledge of Irving’s mindset."

“Kyrie wants to be a voice for the voiceless,” a source told The Athletic

Yup. These people are stupid, and they should just have mandates everywhere. Before, I had some apprehension about mandating the vaccine, but I just don't care anymore. Throw 'em up everywhere and let the chips fall where they may.

It's like I said: a good chunk of these anti-vaxxers don't give a fuck about the vaccine; not taking it is just their chance to be "special" compared to the rest of the sheep. If this pull extends to a dude who already has gobs of money and fame, there's no hope unless we get mandates.

so... Queen of the Damned is on Hulu!  Ohhhh you know I had to start that sumbitch up immediately, folks.  Yes, oddly enough, I have actually NOT seen that one until now.  That shit was awesome, man.  "Akasha" was a game-breaker... with a wave of her hand she can make lesser vamps magically go up in flames.  It would be nice to get a movie or miniseries about her origin and early years, perhaps.... the shit was so cool

...and I'd say this was the absolute hottest Aaliyah has ever looked.  That midsection and her movements...all of it is on another level....a real shame she's no longer here.

Edited by MillionX
7 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Ion know bout that meme, champ, black ppl generally against the vaccine (myself not included) due to the country's past history of fuckin us over at every turn 🤣

.... Unless things have chanted lately 🤔 

When the government has a history injecting blacks with syphilis, radioactive isotopes, or even nothing and tell them it's medicine 
I can see how they are distrustful. But there a difference between how blacks distrust white man society and anti-vaxxers 

49 minutes ago, DarkSakul said:

When the government has a history injecting blacks with syphilis, radioactive isotopes, or even nothing and tell them it's medicine 
I can see how they are distrustful. But there a difference between how blacks distrust white man society and anti-vaxxers 

Oh most definitely, trust me, we agree on this issue. There's levels to this vaccine shit lol

1 hour ago, HD-Man said:

Oh most definitely, trust me, we agree on this issue. There's levels to this vaccine shit lol

Marvel pretty much even wrote a story about the history of the government and scientists experimenting on black people. Which they surprisingly and thankfully  brought back and made it apart of the MCU.

It’s American history that needs to be known. The Isiah Bradley series is incredibly powerful and an amazing read. 

Edited by iStu X
41 minutes ago, iStu X said:

Marvel pretty much even wrote a story about the history of the government and scientists experimenting on black people. Which they surprisingly and thankfully  brought back and made it apart of the MCU.

It’s American history that needs to be known. The Isiah Bradley series is incredibly powerful and an amazing read. 

Marvel should look into giving Isiah his own abimared mini series. He was one of the best parts of that show with Falcon. Would definitely be interested to see how his life was before they locked him away 

7 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Marvel should look into giving Isiah his own abimared mini series. He was one of the best parts of that show with Falcon. Would definitely be interested to see how his life was before they locked him away 

Insert absolute shit and inevitable opinion/take about "I liked comics before they became woke and political" here

12 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

Insert absolute shit and inevitable opinion/take about "I liked comics before they became woke and political" here

I hate/love when people say this because it immediately shows you they’ve never actually read a comic in their life. 

Comics have always been a  progressive medium

Edited by iStu X
2 hours ago, MillionX said:

hahaha niiiiice....ladies and gentlemen, we have a Code Brown high alert in progress

it really adds to the comedy here that I'm now imagining "hearing" it like Ice-T's actual voice describing the situation.

But the real question is if that guy works there because pooping on the entryway to your own workplace is alpha as fuck.

2 hours ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

There is more to this story

But it’s a member-only story. Subscribe today to unlock it and more…

WcFhFB2.gif

I don't think so.  Clownie doesn't either.

Another thing about this Kyrie Irving shit occurred to me. The anonymous source in that article opined that Kyrie's mindset with not getting vaccinated is being a voice for the voiceless (i.e. people affected by mandates). Thing is: these clowns have been anything BUT voiceless. Sure, the vast majority of them aren't on social media spewing misinformation. But they have a voice. It's the reason these right-wing grifters pander to them. It's the reason the Herman Cain Award subreddit sees a frightening amount of new entries every month. These people don't have a voice problem. They have an "I wanna be special above all else" problem. We shouldn't be enabling them. That this dude is willing to risk millions to do that is crazy.

46 minutes ago, axeman61 said:

Another thing about this Kyrie Irving shit occurred to me. The anonymous source in that article opined that Kyrie's mindset with not getting vaccinated is being a voice for the voiceless (i.e. people affected by mandates). Thing is: these clowns have been anything BUT voiceless. Sure, the vast majority of them aren't on social media spewing misinformation. But they have a voice. It's the reason these right-wing grifters pander to them. It's the reason the Herman Cain Award subreddit sees a frightening amount of new entries every month. These people don't have a voice problem. They have an "I wanna be special above all else" problem. We shouldn't be enabling them. That this dude is willing to risk millions to do that is crazy.

We are already past the point of no return on this and we've elected to do this the long way.  We are gonna have to let nature run its course for the most part.

y'know, even if there's a new variant where the mortality rate is super high like... 80+%... I'd bet money that the reaction of most people in the world would be about the same, and so we'd be on the fast-track to becoming an endangered species.  Mankind simply doesn't have what it takes to beat a pandemic. (*like at bare minimum closing down all international travel immediately.  People would just be complaining about their right to travel or something like that...and no politician wants to be "the bad guy" that even suggests such a thing, so no...there is no hope.) Aside from a large enough asteroid hitting the planet, it's probably a super deadly pandemic that is the ultimate end of this species.  We've only really made it this far based mostly on dumb luck.  If I'm still around to see it happen, I'll at least take some bit of pleasure in telling everyone "SEE?  TOLD YA SO. 🤣"

I would rather the extinction event be something cool to witness like the arrival of hostile aliens.

Sooo they opened a nazi host club in Japan. And I'm just like yeah that makes sense. I've been really rethinking alot of animes I watch and how much eugenics and alot of nazi like thinking plays into them.. And how Japan was on the side of the nazis and never apologized for their part. They got beat.. Took the L but never saw what they did as wrong. 

3 hours ago, MillionX said:

y'know, even if there's a new variant where the mortality rate is super high like... 80+%... I'd bet money that the reaction of most people in the world would be about the same, and so we'd be on the fast-track to becoming an endangered species.  Mankind simply doesn't have what it takes to beat a pandemic. (*like at bare minimum closing down all international travel immediately.  People would just be complaining about their right to travel or something like that...and no politician wants to be "the bad guy" that even suggests such a thing, so no...there is no hope.) Aside from a large enough asteroid hitting the planet, it's probably a super deadly pandemic that is the ultimate end of this species.  We've only really made it this far based mostly on dumb luck.  If I'm still around to see it happen, I'll at least take some bit of pleasure in telling everyone "SEE?  TOLD YA SO. 🤣"

I would rather the extinction event be something cool to witness like the arrival of hostile aliens.

I disagree. I think the low mortality rate is the ONLY reason we're tolerating the idiots to the extent we are right now. If the mortality rate was 20% or higher, not only would the government stop fucking around, people in general would stop fucking around. You'd see less of these drama queens in general; they'd be getting clowned and barred from stuff to the extent they should. And there'd be a lot more investment in science/vaccine development.