Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

1 hour ago, axeman61 said:

I disagree. I think the low mortality rate is the ONLY reason we're tolerating the idiots to the extent we are right now. If the mortality rate was 20% or higher, not only would the government stop fucking around, people in general would stop fucking around. You'd see less of these drama queens in general; they'd be getting clowned and barred from stuff to the extent they should. And there'd be a lot more investment in science/vaccine development.

Spoiler:   You ain't gonna do SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEET.

You're not tolerating anyone.  You can go and try to make people do this and that, but those,"Idiots" have as much choice as you do.  

Speaking of which,  let's go into these,"Idiots" you keep ranting about.  Which ones are to blame?  

The flood coming in through the border illegally?

the refugees flown out of Afghanistan?  Something tells me they didn't get vaxxed on the ride here.

How's about all the criminals that were locked up but then let out because,"It would be wrong to leave them in an enclosed area during the pandemic"?  If the vax is such hot shit why didn't they give it to them?  

Maybe those idiots down in chinatown when Nancy pelosi was encouraging people to gather in public to help erase Asian hate during the previous admin, even though the disease was already known to be here in America.  (I kid you not, that's what she said and did.)

What about all the BLM and Antifa riots of the past year?  If all of them were jabbed up then please ignore this comment.  Also:  I'll slide you a box of Benjamins upon confirmation of this.

Speaking of, what about that jab?  I've been hearing a lot of reports of people dying from it and not the virus.  Do you think that might have anything to do with people not wanting to get it?  Maybe more people would be accepting of it if the government wasn't censoring news about it.  Hell, the main people being allowed to speak on it can't keep their stories straight either so nobody even knows which way to turn.  

Maybe you haven't noticed, but none of these mandates have been made into punishable offenses for failure to comply.  Why?  Because they cannot do so.  More importantly, they don't want the smoke.  This ain't China.  we will fight back if you try that shit here.  

Oh.  And speaking of China:  

The reason they aren't a smoking radioactive crater right now is because the mortality rate is low.  If it were the 20% you named, we would be at WAR.  If you unleash something that kills off that much of any country's population, you will be getting a knock on your door and by,"Knock" I mean bombed back into the stone age.  TL;DR:  The government would be devoting more time to stopping the disease, including the people who made it.  Are you sure you want that?  

As far as people getting barred from and clowned for not taking the shot, it's been happening.  The latest would be Southwest airlines giving an ultimatum of,"Get poked or get out!"  

....................Looks like a LOT of them chose to leave and that's got flights grounded all over the place.  Next thing you know, Southwest has released a letter saying that they aren't going to fire people for being unvaxxed.  I wonder why they changed their mind?  They're just one of the bigger ones.  Many shops and restaurants and local stores tried the same thing and a lot of employees said,"okay, I'm outta here."  And let the place(s) rot.  These businesses have learned quickly and harshly that they don't have that power right now.  There are better than 4 million help wanted signs hanging up all around the country and not a lot of people rushing to fill the void thanks to the stimulus money being handed out.  Not only that, but lots of people are making work-from-home a priority.  The brick and mortar idea might be on its last legs thanks to the virus and that is going to put a lot of jobs, like the HR lady, in danger of extinction.  The businesses are learning quickly that they cannot afford to fire people or lose customers, whether they are vaxxed or not.

To end things, I'll ask this question for the record:  Who's tolerating who?  At best you're being tolerated, and you best hope that the people you're "Clowning" don't get tired of you.  If enough of them decide to sit it out at home, the whole economy will crumble and then who's vaxxed or not will be the least of your worries.

7 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Fam people out here throwing hands about masks already. You don't think that shit would be magnitudes worse with a higher mortality rate.

Like I said.  A higher mortality rate would bring a much higher response, almost certainly a war response. 

Also, they're throwing hands in the wrong direction.  They'll run up on some dude with no mask in a store, but they ain't doing nothing about the riots and the flood coming through the south...................all without masks and/or vax.  

Also:  They want to make people do what they say and they'll use force to get it?  Go ahead.  Nothing would kick off a civil war like being forced into doing what people have a legal right to not do.

in short, they ain't doing shit and they will continue to not do shit.  Hopefully they don't run up on the wrong one or they might find out that instead of a mask they brought a gun.

Edited by Deadly_Raver

White House asks U.S. oil-and-gas companies to help lower fuel costs -sources

gas-prices-gas-station-getty-640x480.jpg

The White House confirmed they are speaking with oil and gas producers in the United States about reducing rising energy prices, just days after Joe Biden boasted about suspending drilling in Alaska.

Reuters reports White House officials reached out to energy companies as the world faces record high prices and a shortage of supply.

A week earlier, Biden boasted during a White House event on national monuments he had suspended oil and gas drilling on federal lands in Alaska.

“Alaska is pretty big. There’s an awful lot we need to protect,” Biden said Friday. “That’s why I’m refusing to sell out the Arctic National Wildlife Reserve to oil and gas drilling.”

In June, Biden suspended oil leases in Arctic National Wildlife Refuge after President Donald Trump opened the area up to drilling in 2017.

gas-prices-california-october-5-2021-inf

Gas prices approaching $5 a gallon are displayed in front of a Shell gas station on October 05, 2021 in San Rafael, California. (Justin Sullivan/Getty Images)

Biden also halted new oil and gas leasing and drilling permits on federal lands in January.

The price of U.S. crude oil hit $80 a barrel this month, a seven-year high.  This year oil production remains about two million barrels a day lower than the nearly 13 million barrels per day produced by the United States in 2019, prior to the pandemic.

The United States government announced Wednesday that households could see heating bills jump as much as 54 percent.

Last week, the White House blamed September’s Hurricane Ida for the spike in energy costs in the fall, but said that the president’s priority was to shift to cleaner sources of energy.

“Certainly, we all want to keep gasoline prices low, but the threat of the crisis — the climate crisis — certainly can’t wait any longer,” White House press secretary Jen Psaki said to reporters.

https://www.reuters.com/business/energy/white-house-asks-us-oil-and-gas-companies-help-lower-fuel-costs-sources-2021-10-13/

31 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

The White House confirmed they are speaking with oil and gas producers in the United States about reducing rising energy prices, just days after Joe Biden boasted about suspending drilling in Alaska.

Reuters reports White House officials reached out to energy companies as the world faces record high prices and a shortage of supply.

A week earlier, Biden boasted during a White House event on national monuments he had suspended oil and gas drilling on federal lands in Alaska.

“Alaska is pretty big. There’s an awful lot we need to protect,” Biden said Friday. “That’s why I’m refusing to sell out the Arctic National Wildlife Reserve to oil and gas drilling.”

In June, Biden suspended oil leases in Arctic National Wildlife Refuge after President Donald Trump opened the area up to drilling in 2017.

Gas prices approaching $5 a gallon are displayed in front of a Shell gas station on October 05, 2021 in San Rafael, California. (Justin Sullivan/Getty Images)

Biden also halted new oil and gas leasing and drilling permits on federal lands in January.

The price of U.S. crude oil hit $80 a barrel this month, a seven-year high.  This year oil production remains about two million barrels a day lower than the nearly 13 million barrels per day produced by the United States in 2019, prior to the pandemic.

The United States government announced Wednesday that households could see heating bills jump as much as 54 percent.

Last week, the White House blamed September’s Hurricane Ida for the spike in energy costs in the fall, but said that the president’s priority was to shift to cleaner sources of energy.

“Certainly, we all want to keep gasoline prices low, but the threat of the crisis — the climate crisis — certainly can’t wait any longer,” White House press secretary Jen Psaki said to reporters.

https://www.reuters.com/business/energy/white-house-asks-us-oil-and-gas-companies-help-lower-fuel-costs-sources-2021-10-13/

Stuff like this is why things have gotten as partisan as they are. No forethought on their part as to how shutting down a bunch of oil extraction operations affects the people just try to survive and put food on the table and get from A to B.

51 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

On the bright side:   No more mean tweets.  👍

55 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

Listening to this story is fucking hilarious. This League decided to be inclusive and let a male Netball team play in their women league and absolutely dominated them. They win the championship with parents, feminists and whoever else calling foul. Soak in the tears of your shitty ideas being proven wrong. 

SMH.  You can't have both.  You can't say  "You aren't being inclusive and Women are equal to men in sports" and then in that same breath complain when the men win after giving you what you wanted.  That's not the way that works.   If I'm playing basketball anywhere and a woman comes on to the court then I'm not going to say no, I'm going to let them play.  If they beat whatever team I'm on then awesome we get to hold that L.  What's not going to happen is trying to shame my team or take the option select of 'well you guys are men'...no you came on to the court and you lost the ability to use that. 

6 hours ago, Deadly_Raver said:

Spoiler:   You ain't gonna do SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEET.

You're not tolerating anyone.  You can go and try to make people do this and that, but those,"Idiots" have as much choice as you do.  

Speaking of which,  let's go into these,"Idiots" you keep ranting about.  Which ones are to blame?  

The flood coming in through the border illegally?

the refugees flown out of Afghanistan?  Something tells me they didn't get vaxxed on the ride here.

How's about all the criminals that were locked up but then let out because,"It would be wrong to leave them in an enclosed area during the pandemic"?  If the vax is such hot shit why didn't they give it to them?  

Maybe those idiots down in chinatown when Nancy pelosi was encouraging people to gather in public to help erase Asian hate during the previous admin, even though the disease was already known to be here in America.  (I kid you not, that's what she said and did.)

What about all the BLM and Antifa riots of the past year?  If all of them were jabbed up then please ignore this comment.  Also:  I'll slide you a box of Benjamins upon confirmation of this.

Speaking of, what about that jab?  I've been hearing a lot of reports of people dying from it and not the virus.  Do you think that might have anything to do with people not wanting to get it?  Maybe more people would be accepting of it if the government wasn't censoring news about it.  Hell, the main people being allowed to speak on it can't keep their stories straight either so nobody even knows which way to turn.  

Maybe you haven't noticed, but none of these mandates have been made into punishable offenses for failure to comply.  Why?  Because they cannot do so.  More importantly, they don't want the smoke.  This ain't China.  we will fight back if you try that shit here.  

Oh.  And speaking of China:  

The reason they aren't a smoking radioactive crater right now is because the mortality rate is low.  If it were the 20% you named, we would be at WAR.  If you unleash something that kills off that much of any country's population, you will be getting a knock on your door and by,"Knock" I mean bombed back into the stone age.  TL;DR:  The government would be devoting more time to stopping the disease, including the people who made it.  Are you sure you want that?  

As far as people getting barred from and clowned for not taking the shot, it's been happening.  The latest would be Southwest airlines giving an ultimatum of,"Get poked or get out!"  

....................Looks like a LOT of them chose to leave and that's got flights grounded all over the place.  Next thing you know, Southwest has released a letter saying that they aren't going to fire people for being unvaxxed.  I wonder why they changed their mind?  They're just one of the bigger ones.  Many shops and restaurants and local stores tried the same thing and a lot of employees said,"okay, I'm outta here."  And let the place(s) rot.  These businesses have learned quickly and harshly that they don't have that power right now.  There are better than 4 million help wanted signs hanging up all around the country and not a lot of people rushing to fill the void thanks to the stimulus money being handed out.  Not only that, but lots of people are making work-from-home a priority.  The brick and mortar idea might be on its last legs thanks to the virus and that is going to put a lot of jobs, like the HR lady, in danger of extinction.  The businesses are learning quickly that they cannot afford to fire people or lose customers, whether they are vaxxed or not.

To end things, I'll ask this question for the record:  Who's tolerating who?  At best you're being tolerated, and you best hope that the people you're "Clowning" don't get tired of you.  If enough of them decide to sit it out at home, the whole economy will crumble and then who's vaxxed or not will be the least of your worries.

-I, of course, can't make anyone do shit. But best believe businesses and the government wouldn't be fucking around if we had a 20+% mortality rate disease out there as infectious as COVID. We all are way more "forgiving" of anti-vaxxers at 1% mortality than we would be at 20+.

-The idiots are the people who refuse a shot or don't wear a mask for stupid reasons. Always. I don't know what's going on at the border or what's going on during protests. I do know that there are way too many damn people who aren't in either of those situations refusing a shot because they're basically toddlers. Same way a different group of idiots were refusing to wear masks back when COVID first started.

-"The Jab" has rookie death numbers compared to the virus. There have been over 150,000,000 people vaccinated in the US, and there have been around 8,700 deaths since then that MAY have been from Vaccine Adverse effects. You put that up against the 1K+ that die in the US from COVID every day, and it's clear what's causing more death. Any report making it out like the vaccine is killing people on the level of the virus is BS.

-Southwest had problems mainly because of Air Traffic issues and bad weather in Florida. Not because they put in the mandate and so many people quit that flights are getting grounded. Staffing issues didn't help, mind you, but the main problems were those two.

-Yeah, you may see businesses hurt over the mandates. But plenty of those are businesses nobody wants to work at in the first place. Unemployment/stimulus money runs out and those slots will go back to being filled again. Also, this performative shit we're seeing is not set in stone. A lot of anti-mandate people are talking like they're willing to lose their job over it. But when that reality hits that they could lose their check, they'll turn and get that shot real quick.

3 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

Listening to this story is fucking hilarious. This League decided to be inclusive and let a male Netball team play in their women league and absolutely dominated them. They win the championship with parents, feminists and whoever else calling foul. Soak in the tears of your shitty ideas being proven wrong. 

The moral of the story:  They only want equality until they get it.

G1 Transformers (Cartoon) Drinking Game:

Take a shot every time...

Optimus says "Transform and roll out"

Megs says "Decepticons retreat"

Megatron makes a new death ray to destroy the autobots

Megatron covets a new energy source that he claims is the most powerful ever

Megatron suffers a minor injury and Starscream declares himself leader

Ironhide uses various liquids out of his hands

wheeljack invents something

Hound uses holograms to disorient the enemy

Grimlock expresses displeasure at Optimus' leadership

Spike, a regular human, lifts Transformers weapons like they weigh nothing

Starscream is colored like Thundercracker or SKywarp (or vice versa)

Ratchet, Gears, and Scavenger sound the exact same

Prowl mentions his acid pellet gun

Prowl does anything significant in an episode

an Autobot mini car gets to be the focus of a Season 2 episode

New characters show up without an origin or explanation

Soundwave's vocal processing is missing and he sounds like Dr Claw.

The Autobots drive to far away continents in a matter of hours

Shockwave misses a shot

Insecticons betray Decepticons

Megatron destroys the energy source at the end saying "If we cant have it, then no one shall"

A TF refers to cybertronian wildlife (retro-rat, guinea pigotron etc)

Omega Supreme transforms into his robot form despite only the rocket being there.

Rodimus Prime worries about the burdens of leadership

Kup refers to an old adventure he had

Wreck gar quotes an old ad slogan or catchphrase

Sky Lynx boasts about his abilities

Galvatron pummels his own troops

The Sweeps act cowardly

Cyclonus has a better plan than Galvatron

Perceptor takes a long time and uses overly big words to explain a simple thing

Jazz appears in a non speaking cameo

Quintessons trick Decepticons into activating a weapon 

Trypticon is damaged by submerging in water

Ratbat spies on the Autobots

8 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

G1 Transformers (Cartoon) Drinking Game:

Take a shot every time...

Optimus says "Transform and roll out"

Megs says "Decepticons retreat"

Megatron makes a new death ray to destroy the autobots

Megatron covets a new energy source that he claims is the most powerful ever

Megatron suffers a minor injury and Starscream declares himself leader

Ironhide uses various liquids out of his hands

wheeljack invents something

Hound uses holograms to disorient the enemy

Grimlock expresses displeasure at Optimus' leadership

Spike, a regular human, lifts Transformers weapons like they weigh nothing

Starscream is colored like Thundercracker or SKywarp (or vice versa)

Ratchet, Gears, and Scavenger sound the exact same

Prowl mentions his acid pellet gun

Prowl does anything significant in an episode

an Autobot mini car gets to be the focus of a Season 2 episode

New characters show up without an origin or explanation

Soundwave's vocal processing is missing and he sounds like Dr Claw.

The Autobots drive to far away continents in a matter of hours

Shockwave misses a shot

Insecticons betray Decepticons

Megatron destroys the energy source at the end saying "If we cant have it, then no one shall"

A TF refers to cybertronian wildlife (retro-rat, guinea pigotron etc)

Omega Supreme transforms into his robot form despite only the rocket being there.

Rodimus Prime worries about the burdens of leadership

Kup refers to an old adventure he had

Wreck gar quotes an old ad slogan or catchphrase

Sky Lynx boasts about his abilities

Galvatron pummels his own troops

The Sweeps act cowardly

Cyclonus has a better plan than Galvatron

Perceptor takes a long time and uses overly big words to explain a simple thing

Jazz appears in a non speaking cameo

Quintessons trick Decepticons into activating a weapon 

Trypticon is damaged by submerging in water

Ratbat spies on the Autobots

Oh you really trying to get people to kill themselves.

drunk-fall.gif

Edited by Sonichuman

I'm two-thirds through my Berserk re-read. About another sixth or so and then I think the updates got really slow. It's honestly still so great. But after I finish this I kind of wonder what's really next for that. I doubt it will be continued. I doubt I'll really want to re-read it again, especially with it being unfinished. I'd like to see it all animated, this time with everything in high quality. The previous animes I remember watching skimped out on a lot of the gore and imagery that really make Berserk what it is. Berserk anime does too many things too quickly, like it's horror and shock. But what really makes it stick is when you just study the images and let them permeate. Don't camera cut and jump around or play a loud sound effect to induce horror. That is not what Berserk is. The gore and the grotesqueness is there for a reason, it's there to make you think, to wonder. Is it possible to put that in anime form? Would people complain too much? Would it translate? I do wonder. 

Edited by Serpent
1 hour ago, axeman61 said:

-I, of course, can't make anyone do shit. But best believe businesses and the government wouldn't be fucking around if we had a 20+% mortality rate disease out there as infectious as COVID. We all are way more "forgiving" of anti-vaxxers at 1% mortality than we would be at 20+.

AGAIN:  If it was higher the whole planet would've turned on China and left the place a smoking ruin.  the Taliban knocked over the World Trade Center and killed about 5000 to 6000 people and you see what they got for it.  Go ahead and fuck up one fifth of a country's population and see what happens.

The simple truth is this:  It isn't one in five, it is one in one hundred and many of those have underlying problems so they might have survived if it was just covid alone.  Are we attacking people for not getting the flu shot every year?  No and more people die from it than covid.  People are getting rather sick and tired of the fear porn and if they keep it up I imagine it will backfire.

2 hours ago, axeman61 said:

-The idiots are the people who refuse a shot or don't wear a mask for stupid reasons. Always. I don't know what's going on at the border or what's going on during protests. I do know that there are way too many damn people who aren't in either of those situations refusing a shot because they're basically toddlers. Same way a different group of idiots were refusing to wear masks back when COVID first started.

Please define,"Stupid reasons". 

Also:  Constantly hurling insults at people isn't an argument.

btw, members of congress are exempt from the vaccine mandate.  Let that sink in.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/members-of-congress-and-their-staff-are-exempt-from-bidens-vaccine-mandate/ar-AAOiQvC

-"The Jab" has rookie death numbers compared to the virus. There have been over 150,000,000 people vaccinated in the US, and there have been around 8,700 deaths since then that MAY have been from Vaccine Adverse effects. You put that up against the 1K+ that die in the US from COVID every day, and it's clear what's causing more death. Any report making it out like the vaccine is killing people on the level of the virus is BS.

My big problem here is that the jab HAS numbers and they are doing everything to keep that fact out of the news.  

Also:  With all these people STILL dying even after over 150 million people vaccinated,  I have a few questions:

one:  are people dying from anything else?  It looks like Covid is the only thing I hear about now.

Two:  People are still dying in these numbers even though we have over 40% of the country vaxxed.  Please tell me then:  Who's doing all this dying?  The answers  may shock you.

Three:  If you're vaxxed and masked, why do you care?  Let the "stupid idiot toddlers" get sick and die so that they can get out of the way right?  

-Southwest had problems mainly because of Air Traffic issues and bad weather in Florida. Not because they put in the mandate and so many people quit that flights are getting grounded. Staffing issues didn't help, mind you, but the main problems were those two.

you might want to clear that with the CEO.

https://nypost.com/2021/10/12/southwest-ceo-gary-kelly-blames-biden-for-vaccine-mandate/

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/10/12/covid-vaccine-southwest-ceo-gary-kelly-says-he-never-wanted-a-mandate.html

I might be inclined to believe them if this problem had happened to other airlines around that area.  Nope.  just them.

3 hours ago, axeman61 said:

-Yeah, you may see businesses hurt over the mandates. But plenty of those are businesses nobody wants to work at in the first place. Unemployment/stimulus money runs out and those slots will go back to being filled again. Also, this performative shit we're seeing is not set in stone. A lot of anti-mandate people are talking like they're willing to lose their job over it. But when that reality hits that they could lose their check, they'll turn and get that shot real quick.

I'm not counting businesses where people weren't trying to work anyway.  You can't threaten people's jobs if nobody is there right?  Right now people are getting more money for sitting at home than they would working a minimum wage job.  I'm only talking about the ones where they made the ultimatum of get poked or leave and people either got poked................or left.   Right now a lot of people are sitting at home collecting coof bucks.  If you haven't noticed, there are employee shortages all around the US as well as other places.  They can try to play the game, but employers are not holding a strong hand and trying to push people to do something they have a right to refuse to do isn't going to make them any friends.

Kinda funny how you're okay with people being bullied by their employers.  I'm just sayin.

6 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

@HawkingbirdI was just about to post this. When are people going to keep it real? That male team is clearly trolling using this ludicrous notion that men and women are the same against them. 🤣

Rules for radicals rule #4, make your enemy live by their own rules!

Masterfully done, lol.

Charlie Sheen Applause GIF

Edited by J-ride
56 minutes ago, VirginDefiler said:

so dave chapelle said during his latest netflix special that it was his last special contractually. do you guys think he will resign for a few more? cuz i hope he does. i just plain want more. 

I think it's a coin flip as to whether he'll come back or not.  He's got more than enough cash, but he can make a lot more considering how hot his name is right now.  

5 hours ago, Deadly_Raver said:

AGAIN:  If it was higher the whole planet would've turned on China and left the place a smoking ruin.  the Taliban knocked over the World Trade Center and killed about 5000 to 6000 people and you see what they got for it.  Go ahead and fuck up one fifth of a country's population and see what happens.

The simple truth is this:  It isn't one in five, it is one in one hundred and many of those have underlying problems so they might have survived if it was just covid alone.  Are we attacking people for not getting the flu shot every year?  No and more people die from it than covid.  People are getting rather sick and tired of the fear porn and if they keep it up I imagine it will backfire.

Please define,"Stupid reasons". 

Also:  Constantly hurling insults at people isn't an argument.

btw, members of congress are exempt from the vaccine mandate.  Let that sink in.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/members-of-congress-and-their-staff-are-exempt-from-bidens-vaccine-mandate/ar-AAOiQvC

My big problem here is that the jab HAS numbers and they are doing everything to keep that fact out of the news.  

Also:  With all these people STILL dying even after over 150 million people vaccinated,  I have a few questions:

one:  are people dying from anything else?  It looks like Covid is the only thing I hear about now.

Two:  People are still dying in these numbers even though we have over 40% of the country vaxxed.  Please tell me then:  Who's doing all this dying?  The answers  may shock you.

Three:  If you're vaxxed and masked, why do you care?  Let the "stupid idiot toddlers" get sick and die so that they can get out of the way right?  

you might want to clear that with the CEO.

https://nypost.com/2021/10/12/southwest-ceo-gary-kelly-blames-biden-for-vaccine-mandate/

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/10/12/covid-vaccine-southwest-ceo-gary-kelly-says-he-never-wanted-a-mandate.html

I might be inclined to believe them if this problem had happened to other airlines around that area.  Nope.  just them.

I'm not counting businesses where people weren't trying to work anyway.  You can't threaten people's jobs if nobody is there right?  Right now people are getting more money for sitting at home than they would working a minimum wage job.  I'm only talking about the ones where they made the ultimatum of get poked or leave and people either got poked................or left.   Right now a lot of people are sitting at home collecting coof bucks.  If you haven't noticed, there are employee shortages all around the US as well as other places.  They can try to play the game, but employers are not holding a strong hand and trying to push people to do something they have a right to refuse to do isn't going to make them any friends.

Kinda funny how you're okay with people being bullied by their employers.  I'm just sayin.

-Stupid reasons are reasons that don't include medical OK from a doctor. Frankly, everything I've heard for why not get the vaccine is either dumb or conspiratorial. You gonna do your own research? Good luck googling to beat the research of scientists across the globe. We don't know the long term effects? We don't know the long term effects of COVID. We do see people who get out and have reduced lung function though. It's experimental, and we don't know what we're putting in our bodies? We don't know shit about what's in most the stuff we eat, or willingly take as medicine. As an aside, if these "we don't know" people go to the hospital, they aren't questioning the history of whatever treatments they're getting. They don't give a fuck where the oxygen comes from, or where the medicines they get come from.

-It doesn't matter if the vaccine has death numbers if the numbers are .006% of the vaccinations. Just about anything medical that gets done to you carries risks, from surgery to prescribed medicine.

-People should still get vaccinated if I'm vaccinated and masked because a.) there are people who can't get the vaccine (for medical reasons) still out there, and b.) the longer COVID spreads, the more possibility there are for mutations (like the Delta variant).

-It's bullying if your employer forces you to wear a candy necklace or get out. If your employer makes you take the one thing we have for blocking the pandemic virus we have now, and your reason boils down to "I don't wanna", that's not bullying. That's them protecting their ass from liability.

Edited by axeman61

Nerdy shit update---This Sunday night @ 8pm cst on History Channel--- a Modern Marvels episode about the Statue of Liberty!  I'm definitely checking that out.  If I had a time machine, that's one particular moment in history I'd go back to....just to see it in person back then when that was new, and thus before it was the current greenish color.  It would be fascinating to see that in person.  

I already rambled on about this before, but another major moment in history I'd visit with the time machine would be to see the construction of the Great Pyramids in Egypt, along with the Sphinx.  I'd like to see for myself exactly how they looked in the beginning.  It would be cool to check out the origin of any of the great mysteries of the ancient world too... like Stonehenge and the ruins at Gobekli Tepe...and one of the ultimate time-travel destinations... the time of the first humans.  I had a dream like that one time, where I was allowed by what was presumably "God" in the dream to magically shift backwards through time to see the first human family (homo-sapien, at least).  Another interesting thing here is that I was a floating magical being...apparently an "angel"? (ha, yeah the idea of me as an "angel"; I'd agree that is amusing.)  They could also see me...they looked up and noticed me floating around.  Also, they did not seem alarmed or surprised, like they had seen either me or another "magic floating person" like me before.  The place was some coastal region, I remember, and they were gathering whatever fish or other small living things they could find as food. (*this was also a bit of a surprise; I wouldn't imagine the first humans to be there by a coastline...unless they just wandered until eventually finding this place was a good spot.)

Edited by MillionX
3 hours ago, Reticently said:

Politics adjacent topic no one is talking about:

Every time I see someone make an argument for or against CRT, it takes me at least 10 seconds to realize they aren't talking about old style cathode ray tube TVs and monitors.

I legit thought you were going to talk about cathode ray tube TVs until I got to the rest of the post. 🤣

those old tvs would still be perfect to play older systems... now I'm hoping Mom still has the older tvs in the house, actually...she had one that has a built-in dvd player as well!  

We had one old tv that I used regularly for gaming from 1987 up to 2004....Emerson.  I've had Atari, NES, Genesis, SNES, PlayStation, CD-i(yep 😆), Dreamcast, the first Xbox and Gamecube hooked up to it...well, Xbox I'm iffy on... I may have used the other tv for that; it was a little bigger at 19-inches of screen, I think.  The tv was so old, I don't think there was even an A/V input socket on there.  There was that screw-looking socket instead... with Atari 2600, that is where you hooked up a thing called the "RF Switch".  With later systems that used A/V, my solution there was to hook it up via the VCR that was hooked into that tv....I think that was the setup; the memory is hazy at this point.  The VCR had a/v inputs of course.  

That tv took some beatings too, in my younger "gamer rage" days....and yet it continued to work just fine all those years.  It never went out; Mom just got rid of it at some point to make room for newer TVs.  It was only ever used by me for gaming, so she had no interest in keeping it around since I wasn't living there anymore.

19 minutes ago, axeman61 said:

I, too, keep forgetting that there even is another CRT beside those TVs. I remember getting the big one I had down from my nightstand at my old house after I got a flat screen. I had full plans to take it to my car to give it to the Goodwill. But that bitch was so heavy, I think it's still tucked in the closet of that room to this day.

The last CRT I owned was like 35" I gave it to my mom when I bought my 360 back in 2005.  I forgot how heavy it was until last year. My mom still had the set but my brother bought her a new TV. So she took the flat screen I gave her when I got my 4K set from her living room and moved it the bed room. I moved the old CRT for her. Damn man. I could tell how much stronger I was in my 20s. That fucker was heavier than Lizzo after a trip to the Golden Corral. 😑

As a kid, I used the family tv. We usually had 19 inch Zenith CRT. IIRC, my dad connected NES/SNES by RF switch using the coaxial (thin needle screw on attachment) input.

N64 was the first time using composite (yellow/red/white) inputs. Dreamcast was also composite.

OG Xbox was first time I used component video (three colored wires just for video) and optical (for Audio)

That was the first time I had surround sound for a console and my DVD player.

Midway through my ownership of Xbox I got my own TV - a 27 inch CRT that was my first "private" set.

When I moved to Chicago for a few years, I bought a 26 Samsung LCD, but only used it sparingly and for cable TV (and not BD or video games)

I brought that one back home to FL. I used HDMI for BD and X360 and PS4. It died in 2019, 

My current is a 43 inch TCL 4k set.

I gave my 27 crt to salvation army or some charitable organization when I moved back. 

7 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

50% of Chicago's police force refused to take the shot, as a result they are expected to be put on leave without. In a city as crime ridden as Chicago, that's a BAD thing 😬

And when those 50% dont/cant show up for work...they'll change that "mandate" and let those cops work without getting the shot.  They're just trying to push shit and see how far they can go.  Everyone is. 

Edit - The constant fear mongering these days is sickening. 

Edited by Faltimar the Dark
1 minute ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Whelp, there are a lot of job openings out there for people that got vaxxed. The situation with nurses surprises me most. Your job already requires you to be vaxxed. WTF did you think was going to happen if you refused to get vaxxed for COVID.

You get to call the Pope a hypocrite.

There was a report on Daily Show recently that said Christian/Jewish/Muslim/Buddhist leaders all called for followers to get the vaccine.

Those folks are simply using the religious excuse to mask their own political beliefs.

Also, I blame "you know who"

11 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Whelp, there are a lot of job openings out there for people that got vaxxed. The situation with nurses surprises me most. Your job already requires you to be vaxxed. WTF did you think was going to happen if you refused to get vaxxed for COVID.

I really wonder what the transition from horses to the automobile would have been like if opinions could be spread as rapidly in the early 1900s. 

3 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Chicago is already a warzone, police were already outnumbered. These criminals bout to have a field day. Yikes 

Sounds like a live action Arkham City setup. 

Edited by OPTIMUS124

aha that's what it was called... the coaxial cable thing.  I still have cables like that now.  haha, the CD-i misadventure was an odd moment in my younger gamer years... I was just desperate for a "next-gen" system at the time, and there was a guy at school was selling "hot" merchandise he "acquired" from his job....so I got the system at quite a nice discount there; only 100 bucks.  I'd play it for a while but would have to hide the system under the bed when Mom got home....'cause you know any parent will see a whole new game system and that's when a stressful "Interrogation Scene" begins.  A tennis game and various demo stuff came with it... then I got "Voyeur" and that 1 that some may remember called Burn Cycle.  There was also Kether but that game was pure trash.  Unfortunate thing about CD-i games---of course you couldn't rent them like with other systems at the time....so you just bought a game and hoped for the best.  EGM at least reviewed them back then so that was all I had to go on in the way of research.  Burn Cycle was at least mildly enjoyable, and Voyeur was a fairly interesting FMV game.

Currently on the movies! network---a marathon of sci-fi stuff!  The Thing from Another World is on now.  After that; The Day Mars Invaded Earth, followed by the legendary The Day the Earth Stood Still!!!  

29 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Chicago is already a warzone, police were already outnumbered. These criminals bout to have a field day. Yikes 

That may be, but my point still stands.

Here in cali crime...theft is crazy.  Cause the DA wont prosecute if the theft is less than 900 dollars...motherfuckers are just going into stores and stealing shit.  Causing business' to shut down.  Its real fucked. 

Edited by Faltimar the Dark
1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

WTF did you think was going to happen if you refused to get vaxxed for COVID.

My daughter-in-law works as a CNA helping kids out, and right before Ol' Wheelchair Ass banned vaccine mandates here in Texas (and is probably gonna get run over by Biden driving a monster truck in court); she was told she had 15 days to get at least one vaccine jab or her job was gonna fire her ass. She was decidedly anti-vaccine, but being threatened with losing everything (and me threatening to not watch our grandkids until she got it) put that shit into perspective really quick.