Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

3 minutes ago, Reticently said:

My wife was adjacent to the music industry in her previous marriage, and whenever it comes up she's always mentioning how songwriting is where the money is.

It absolutely is. There are artists who wrote one big hit decades ago that are still getting paid beaucoup bucks to this day. What did you wife do?

3 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

What did you wife do?

Her ex-husband is a vice-president with one of the big radio station ownership groups, so while it wasn't really her "job" she was always getting dragged to industry events and shows to socialize/soften her ex's kind of dickish persona.

Spent a lot of time shooting the shit with musicians and industry people.

2 hours ago, Reticently said:

I had to check on a quick internet search because I was sure that D.C. happens to be a place with a high % of Black people in the first place, and sure enough yeah... several links popping up show it being at least 40-something % of the population....so it would make sense then that most of the CV deaths happen to be Black people. (the top result showed 46% with white people slightly behind that at 41%, and all other groups far lower in percentage numbers....from this place -- https://worldpopulationreview.com/us-cities/washington-dc-population  )  

heh, out of curiosity I checked out the numbers on Memphis, TN... *only* 63.9% black?  Eh, seems like it should be even higher than that, but perhaps it has changed in recent years.. a friend keeps telling me about the gentrification going on there recently, so that 63% is probably low  compared to whatever it was previously.

4 minutes ago, MillionX said:

several links popping up show it being at least 40-something % of the population.

I like visiting DC a lot- I've usually lived in easy driving distance.  40% black population definitely feels about right.

Which makes it extra crazy that 48 out of 49 CoVid deaths are coming out of that 40%.  Massive health outcome disparity.

Edited by Reticently
5 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

Twitter question:

I use to be able to browse the comments/replies to a tweet until 1-2 months ago.

(I dont have an account.)

Did they change something recently?

Thanks

Not that I've heard of but just make an account. Never post. 

11 minutes ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

I think that all social media platform will be charging for their service in the coming years. 

I can't see it as a whole... Twitter started to try and do it with super tweets n shit and from what I can tell it aignt doing shit. No one cares. It's more or less paetreon for Twitter. 

Alot of these apps just aren't unique enough to not have another company see a hole in the industry and make a new version. Twitter has the most basic set up of any social media and prob top two most popular. But if they started charging I can see it being a ghost town except for maybe some slow ass celebs. 

Facebook I'd really be curious about. Since it seems every younger Gen is abandoning the platform. It's making ad revenue but has shown to be less and less popular with younger adults and kids. 

Ig is on a different trajectory. They apparently want to move away from pictures and move into videos. So I have no idea how that plays out

yeah it's annoying... twitter wants you to sign in to view pictures and stuff.  There's 1 twitter account I've been keeping tabs on lately for the "interesting" pictures.  One work-around I found for now is opening the link of the pic in a new tab, then for some reason that lets me see the picture without the "Please sign in!" pop-up.  and nah, I'm not interested in ever signing up for the nonsense that is twitter 😆

On the other hand, I *did* sign up for instagram some time ago just to be able to see pictures/vids.  Instagram prompts you to sign in before you get too far down a page.  heh, of course I never post anything... I'm only there to see hot booty/titty pics, and pics of certain sexy celebs I keep tabs on.

There are about 2 non-TnA things I keep tabs on though on there... World of Darkness and the V Rising game's instagram page...and that "women posting their Ls" page which is always comedy gold.

So, GameStop had a company wide walk-in interviews/job fair today for seasonal. I went to two because why not. One offered me seasonal with a loose promise of being hired as part-time after. Which is usually how it goes with seasonal. 

The second GameStop offered me to be a keyholder while training to be an assistant store manager. 

guess which one I’m taking 

Edited by iStu X
19 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Trump launching his own social media site.

This man wants to tweet so bad that he's going to try to make his own social media network to do it.  Can't wait to see the type of people who join this and the various different recipes for injecting disinfectant, hydroxychloroquine cocktaiils, and Ivermectin pies that we'll find once it's been establlshed.  Hell I wouldn't be surprised if they used the platform to round up more people from Jan. 6 cause I know there's going to be some dumbasses implicating themselves on it.

Edited by Sonichuman
2 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

This man wants to tweet so bad that he's going to try to make his own social media network to do it.  Can't wait to see the type of people who join this and the various different recipes for injecting disinfectant, hydroxychloroquine cocktaiils, and Ivermectin pies that we'll find once it's been establlshed.  Hell I wouldn't be surprised if they used the platform to round up more people from Jan. 6 cause I know there's going to be some dumbasses implicating themselves on it.

Im more excited to see what the terms of service look like

do you guys believe bob lazar was telling the truth? yay or nay?

he only came to mind cuz i recently downloaded a periodic table of elements app and elelment 115 that he talked about before it existed and listed...is now in the table i downloaded.

the app calls element 115 as Moscovium.

discovered by joint institute for nucleur research and lawrence livermore national lab.

12 minutes ago, DarkSakul said:

How long till they get booted off their servers like Parlor did? 
I give them 3 months tops. 

I have a feeling they are gonna do it better. Parlors servers were running on something owned by another like Amazon right? If he's doing it legit and thinks he could recoup costs from his supporters he should be owning it all worth whatever partners he has

56 minutes ago, Deadly_Raver said:

Oh my God.

Trump is about to make a site so that these fuckers have to pay to bark at him while he lives rent free in their heads?

Honestly, if folks just stop paying him attention, he'd shrivel down to cheese dust. 

57 minutes ago, Deadly_Raver said:

"The Master told me that the salt would flow again.  This is not quite what I expected."

I remember all the claims of salt flowing. 

Good times. . . good times 😉