Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

21 minutes ago, Sonero said:

How have you lot been? Most of y'all still not playing FGs?

Been doing my usual when I can playing on and off tekken 7...picked up skull girls during the summer but I keep forgetting how the fucking game works every few months so I gotta do tutorial mode over again 🤣 I've legit never made it to online play because I refuse til I get the basics down. It's such a different game than I'm used to its hard for me 

Edited by Maxx
1 hour ago, Deadly_Raver said:

Now, the disease could've mutated all on it's own, but that isn't what happened.

First, regardless of what happened, that NYPost article is word salad.

Second, the reason there is a lab there and no one was surprised CoVid came out of Wuhan is that there are a fuckton of related viruses there.  The article doesn't mention which of the fuckton of viruses they're talking about, so who the fuck knows if it was CoVid.

Third, the shit that had already come out of there already attacks the ACE2 receptor (SARS), so you can't tell from the article what the function supposedly gained was, or why the fuck it would make any sense to try to give a virus an ability it already has.

Fourth, blaming the NIH for someone taking their money and doing something shady with it would be like blaming Trump for the drug problem if one of the prostitutes he hired took some of that money to get spun with.

So fifth, that whole story is just the right wing version of the CNN outrage pump- designed to own your eyeballs and clicks so they can make those advertising dollars by keeping you pissed at people who aren't your enemy.

Pulsecon TF reveals.

Next year Generations Subline will be called : Legacy.

Figures will come with translucent energon weapons.

Skids ($20)

6SF9p67.jpg

Drag Strip:  ($20)

--Will combine to form Menasor

AyAwJ1s.jpg

@MillionX  Kickback  ($20)

ocFZgqd.jpg

G2 Laser Optimus Prime  ($50)

4Em6NVz.jpg

fcub80jvuaire81-jpg.29270068

Packaging design

fpRZgmz.jpg

Concept Art

Pulsecon-Transformers2-001.jpg

Edited by DangerousJ
47 minutes ago, Reticently said:

First, regardless of what happened, that NYPost article is word salad.

how's about the MSN one?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/biosafety-expert-explains-why-faucis-nih-gain-of-function-testimony-was-demonstrably-false/ar-BB1gHnko

54 minutes ago, Reticently said:

Second, the reason there is a lab there and no one was surprised CoVid came out of Wuhan is that there are a fuckton of related viruses there.  The article doesn't mention which of the fuckton of viruses they're talking about, so who the fuck knows if it was CoVid.

Are you getting vaxxed for other diseases right now, or is it Covid?  Exactly.

55 minutes ago, Reticently said:

Third, the shit that had already come out of there already attacks the ACE2 receptor (SARS), so you can't tell from the article what the function supposedly gained was, or why the fuck it would make any sense to try to give a virus an ability it already has.

So, it's okay for them to keep releasing dangerous things from there because they did it before?  Really?  

To get us back on track here's a cut From the MSN article:  

The first details the Obama administration’s 2014 decision to halt domestic gain-of-function research, which it defines as that which “may be reasonably anticipated to confer attributes to influenza, MERS, or SARS viruses such that the virus would have enhanced pathogenicity and/or transmissibility in mammals via the respiratory route.”

The second — drafted in 2017 as Fauci was pushing to renew government funding for gain-of-function research — provides a definition of what are called “enhanced potential pandemic pathogen (PPP)” or those pathogens “resulting from the enhancement of the transmissibility and/or virulence of a pathogen.”

Ebright claims that the work being conducted at the WIV, using NIH funds originally granted to Peter Daszak of EcoHealth Alliance, “epitomizes” gain-of-function research under the definition HHS provided in its guidance, and is the exact kind of research that led the Obama administration to conclude that gain-of-function was too dangerous to continue domestically.

‘The Wuhan lab used NIH funding to construct novel chimeric SARS-related coronaviruses able to infect human cells and laboratory animals,” he said. “This is high-risk research that creates new potential pandemic pathogens (i.e., potential pandemic pathogens that exist only in a lab, not in nature). This research matches — indeed epitomizes — the definition of ‘gain of function research of concern’ for which federal funding was ‘paused’ in 2014-2017.”

“Chimeric” coronaviruses refers to those that have been altered and enhanced by man, in this case in such a way as to make them more transmissible and dangerous to humans.

The paper drafted by WIV scientists clearly states that the underlying research was funded by, among other entities, the National Institutes of Health. The NIH’s own database of grantees lists this research and confirms that over $660,000 was spent supporting it.

Fauci appears to have been, at best, mistaken while sparring with Senator Paul on Tuesday. At worst, he was playing tenuous word games meant to deceive.

back in 2014 They knew it could end up being more dangerous if they went through with it, so they stopped it.  in 2017 he gave them the money and look where we are now.  Why would they do it?  Who knows.  I hope we get the answers to that and soon.

1 hour ago, Reticently said:

Fourth, blaming the NIH for someone taking their money and doing something shady with it would be like blaming Trump...........

A1VuAjL.jpg

You can't blame this one on Trump.

1 hour ago, Reticently said:

So fifth, that whole story is just the right wing version of the CNN outrage pump- designed to own your eyeballs and clicks so they can make those advertising dollars by keeping you pissed at people who aren't your enemy.

1:  If your argument comes out to,"It was posted by the right/left wing so it has to be bad/good" then you don't have an argument.  

2:  If that's an admission that the left wing (In particular CNN since you named them) does this, then thanks for being honest.  That's more than I expect from them.

3:  None of this in any way takes away from the fact that Fauci helped fund research on a disease that is currently screwing up the whole world.  

4:  HE LIED ABOUT THIS DURING A HEARING INTO SAID DEALINGS.  I believe that's called perjury.  
5:  If he is part of the reason that this pandemic disease has been unleashed upon the world, he IS an enemy and should be treated as such.

At the very least, we now know he was involved.  Even if it was just putting money on the table and walking out of the room, he was involved and tried to lie his way out of it.  I'm sure everyone who has been affected and infected by this would like to know just how much more dirt there is.  How far down the bat hole does this go?

5 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

REEEEEEE.... the male gaze. "What guys like looking motorcycles anyway?" REEEEE...I'm not admitting fault. The patriarchy.

"I wasn't gonna say nothing, but she's got some nice ass headlights."

"I LIKE BIG WHEELS AND I CANNOT LIE!!"

"Man I'd love to touch her tailpipe!" 

I'll stop at three.  

30 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

@MillionX  Kickback  ($20)

ocFZgqd.jpg

My money and shelf space is ready.  Bring forth the swarm.

27 minutes ago, Deadly_Raver said:

then thanks for being honest

You're welcome.  Honestly, I think CNN is okay on certain types of news, but CNN "content" is sketchy AF.

Anyway, I feel like I'm doing a bad job of conveying what I mean to you, and I genuinely enjoy your virtual company, so I'm not going to keep going around on it.  Suffice it to say that there are a bajillion dangerous viruses in Wuhan, so there's literally no telling whether CoVid is the same one they were messing with, and we know those viruses could already do the thing they're accusing scientists of adding- so the accusations don't make any sense.  And that's the last I'll go in on it.

I had to look it up after randomly remembering these 2 big guys in some comedy movie going on about "chicken bone, chicken bone, lucky lucky", and I found it....for a long time I'd occasionally remember this but couldn't recall what the movie was

hahaha this also always reminds me that there was a dude at my high school who went by the name "Chickenbone"...and there was 1 day he punched the hell out of this cheerleader in Art class, and I was trying not to laugh.

Edited by MillionX
25 minutes ago, YourFavGrandpa said:

I took a extended break after the new Melty Blood game launched, mainly because work was super busy. Now we're getting into slow season for my client, and I'm waiting for the right time just to crack out on FGs again.

Have you tried strive?

7 hours ago, Reticently said:

You're welcome.  Honestly, I think CNN is okay on certain types of news, but CNN "content" is sketchy AF.

Anyway, I feel like I'm doing a bad job of conveying what I mean to you, and I genuinely enjoy your virtual company, so I'm not going to keep going around on it.  Suffice it to say that there are a bajillion dangerous viruses in Wuhan, so there's literally no telling whether CoVid is the same one they were messing with, and we know those viruses could already do the thing they're accusing scientists of adding- so the accusations don't make any sense.  And that's the last I'll go in on it.

No worries, but if you're done with it, I'm done with it.   Other than posting a breaking news that relates to current events I have no other big points to make.  

Also, since I forgot to add it last time................

1771911426_newlibrarybooklol.thumb.jpg.c5eef0dbfc5aa641c96d4e06b954d386.jpg

Edited by Deadly_Raver
11 hours ago, Sonero said:

How have you lot been? Most of y'all still not playing FGs?

Diablo 2 resurrected is out. That's my time sink now...(just like 20 years ago). 

Finished Travis Strikes Again now finally onto No More Heroes 3. Skyward Sword is in the back pocket and Metroid Dread will probably be Dec at this rate. Just in time for Advance Wars on Switch to replay and love all over again! 

So yeah no FGs for a while...maybe if i stream again

I'm preeeeeetty sure that Alucard has this...This isn't out yet until 2 days from now.

I mean I know Dio has some pretty OP abilties with his stand and what not with his time stop but I'm pretty sure that nothing short of a nuke or higher would stop Alucard...and that's a big IF.    Unless Dio has some abilities that I'm not considering in this battle.  Considering what I know of both characters once Alucard decides to stop dicking around and Release Level 0 that should be a wrap.  And then on top of that he's has Shrodinger's abilities which I didn't even consider.  So he's prob def beyond a nuke at this point and you probably need to be at planet buster level.

8 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

I'm preeeeeetty sure that Alucard has this...This isn't out yet until 2 days from now.

I mean I know Dio has some pretty OP abilties with his stand and what not with his time stop but I'm pretty sure that nothing short of a nuke or higher would stop Alucard...and that's a big IF.    Unless Dio has some abilities that I'm not considering in this battle.  Considering what I know of both characters once Alucard decides to stop dicking around and Release Level 0 that should be a wrap.  And then on top of that he's has Shrodinger's abilities which I didn't even consider.  So he's prob def beyond a nuke at this point and you probably need to be at planet buster level.

Two words. . . 

spacer.png

1 hour ago, scorp said:

A similar thing happened to a guy I knew back in the day. Dude was riding past Gilpin Court in Richmond at 2:00am. Stop light turned red and he just blew through it. A cop followed him for a few blocks, then turned on his lights, and pulled him over.

Cop: "Why'd you run that red light."

Guy: "The same reason you waited blocks to pull me over. I'm not stopping at Gilpin Court."

Cop: "LOL, you aren't wrong. Have a nice night sir."

For reference, some dude killed like 13 or so people in a shoot out their back in the day and apparently it's STILL dangerous as fuck.

https://www.wtvr.com/news/local-news/crime-insider-more-than-100-shots-fired-in-gilpin-court-shootout

sheeeitttt, y'know my money's on the #1 vampire GOAT, Alucard.  After he absorbed Schrodinger, I'm not sure it's even possible to kill that dude....unless you start bringing in your average planet/galaxy busting characters from Dragonball....and I'm thinking even that much is a "maybe"..?  ....or cosmic-level entities like The Living Tribunal, or someone that can wield the Infinity Gauntlet; they might be able to "erase" him from existence, and maybe that's what it takes.

hottest anime men in no particular order GIF

I am also a fan of the great Dio Brando, of course.... but our greatest Vampire Lord Alucard cannot be stopped.

On another note---tonight on GAC Family--- An Autumn Romance premieres.  The thing of note here for me is that it stars some LEGENDARY former CW hotness---Jessica Fuckin Lowndes!  She was one of the girls on the 90210 remake several years ago...and yeah, she's still ridiculously fine.  I will be keeping tabs for sure.  I haven't seen her since that show ended.

https://www.instagram.com/jessicalowndes/ 

I'd eat the hell out of that.

Edited by MillionX
5 hours ago, DangerousJ said:

I didn't know about it until I saw the RID 2001 Scourge repaint through the show. Even then I thought it was an original mold.

There are rumors that the RID scourge version is Walmart exclusive. I will probably get that if I can.

I think it's practically guaranteed that there is a repaint of this mold coming. Scourge may be the more popular version.

Also TFCon is this weekend. I took the plunge and made the trip. It feels great to geek completely the hell out.

I just started Squid Game. I'm quarter-way through episode 3. I'm interested to watch the rest later tonight, but I want to know: is the ending good? I don't mean "happy"; just that it doesn't make you go "oh come on; GTFOH".

My biggest pet peeve watching a season of TV is when they don't stick the landing on the ending. I know most people would already agree, but I get really frustrated when that happens. With me, stories that have a shadowy organization with unknown motives tend to fizzle when those motives are revealed.

So, if this leads to shit, I can just spoil myself and save the time.

Edited by axeman61
1 hour ago, axeman61 said:

I just started Squid Game. I'm quarter-way through episode 3. I'm interested to watch the rest later tonight, but I want to know: is the ending good? I don't mean "happy"; just that it doesn't make you go "oh come on; GTFOH".

Not exactly a "happy" one. It's just a teaser for a second season (like most do).

4 minutes ago, Serpent said:

Honestly this bad shit and other bad shit have been going on for a long time. And people gaslight about it.

Chinese markets.

They're so economically tied to the planet that nobody can really say anything about the situation.  All despots need to do is make sure they have enough customers to where people don't care what you do in your country.

On 10/22/2021 at 11:26 AM, Darc_Requiem said:

Yeah apparently there are photos of him in tears on set and just looking distraught. Gotta love photographers giving people there space in a trying time 👀

Not gonna lie though, if someone told me they Alec Baldwin snapped and killed somebody on purpose, I wouldn't be all too shocked. Still a sad thing though, that's the same way Brandon Lee died. 

Biden Says U.S. Gasoline Prices Will Remain High Into 2022

(Bloomberg) -- President Joe Biden said Thursday night that Americans should expect high gasoline prices to continue into next year because of policies by OPEC and other foreign oil producers.

“My guess is you’ll start to see gas prices come down as we get by and going into the winter -- excuse me, into next year, in 2022,” the president said during a CNN town hall in Baltimore, responding to a question about rising inflation. “I don’t see anything that’s going to happen in the meantime that’s going to significantly reduce gas prices.”

The president added that prices would “ultimately” decline as the country shifted to renewable energy over the next few years.

“Gas prices relate to a foreign policy initiative that is about something that goes beyond the cost of gas,” he said.

“That’s because of the supply being withheld by OPEC and so there’s a lot of negotiation that is -- there’s a lot of Middle Eastern folks who want to talk to me,” he said. “I’m not sure I’m going to talk to them, but the point is it’s about gas production. There’s things we can do in the meantime though.”

He wasn’t more specific about any discussion with Middle Eastern leaders or what, exactly, could be done immediately.

there’s a lot of Middle Eastern folks who want to talk to me,” he said. “I’m not sure I’m going to talk to them

there’s a lot of Middle Eastern folks who want to talk to me,” he said. “I’m not sure I’m going to talk to them

Thanks for prolonging the bidenflation? 🤔

4 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

Biden Says U.S. Gasoline Prices Will Remain High Into 2022

(Bloomberg) -- President Joe Biden said Thursday night that Americans should expect high gasoline prices to continue into next year because of policies by OPEC and other foreign oil producers.

“My guess is you’ll start to see gas prices come down as we get by and going into the winter -- excuse me, into next year, in 2022,” the president said during a CNN town hall in Baltimore, responding to a question about rising inflation. “I don’t see anything that’s going to happen in the meantime that’s going to significantly reduce gas prices.”

The president added that prices would “ultimately” decline as the country shifted to renewable energy over the next few years.

“Gas prices relate to a foreign policy initiative that is about something that goes beyond the cost of gas,” he said.

“That’s because of the supply being withheld by OPEC and so there’s a lot of negotiation that is -- there’s a lot of Middle Eastern folks who want to talk to me,” he said. “I’m not sure I’m going to talk to them, but the point is it’s about gas production. There’s things we can do in the meantime though.”

He wasn’t more specific about any discussion with Middle Eastern leaders or what, exactly, could be done immediately.

Thanks for prolonging the bidenflation? 🤔

On the bright side, No more mean tweets.