Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

On 11/19/2021 at 12:44 PM, Chadouken said:

Now the financial assrape of everyone who slandered him can begin.

On 11/19/2021 at 1:17 PM, Darc_Requiem said:

The judge threw that charge out IIRC. Once that happened, I knew he was home free.

yeah.  It wasn't illegal for him to carry that particular gun.  I don't remember the exact words, but something to do with hunting laws.  If it had been a handgun he would've been screwed.

Edited by Deadly_Raver

If these clowns don't get all the book thrown at them.

My understanding is that the defense already rested the case. 

50 minutes ago, Deadly_Raver said:

Now the judicial assrape of everyone who slandered him can begin.

yeah.  It wasn't illegal for him to carry that particular gun.  I don't remember the exact words, but something to do with hunting laws.  If it had been a handgun he would've been screwed.

The prosecution failed in this case. The charges drawn didn't match up. Like others said, once those small charges were thrown out, there wasn't really a chance.

Edited by OPTIMUS124
12 minutes ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

The prosecution failed in this case. The charges drawn didn't match up. Like others said, once those small charges were thrown out, there wasn't really a chance.

Often these types of cases with a large media following, the prosecution gets overzealous and brings charges that it has little chance of proving for the "public pat on the back." 

1 hour ago, Deadly_Raver said:

Now the judicial assrape of everyone who slandered him can begin.

From what I understood he was too young to possess that gun and it wasn't his. Also gun licenses and hunting licenses are different right? Or because he has a gun license he can have a hunting gun 

13 minutes ago, Maxx said:

From what I understood he was too young to possess that gun and it wasn't his. Also gun licenses and hunting licenses are different right? Or because he has a gun license he can have a hunting gun 

Wisconsin  is a mostly a rural state and a minor in possession of a rifle there is a misdemeanor charge because of what is nicknamed "the farmboy exception" having to do with how that state has historically treated rifles.  I stated the gun charge was a nothing burger but only because I follow a youtube channel of a Wisconsin lawyer who explained the gun charge in detail as being stupid considering the law in Wisconsin.  That's why the judge dismissed it, they can't just overturn decades of court decisions.

Edited by J-ride
10 minutes ago, Maxx said:

I'd have to look it all up again, but it was explained in a few vids.  

EDIT:  J-Ride explained it. 👍

Edited by Deadly_Raver
19 minutes ago, J-ride said:

Wisconsin  is a mostly a rural state and a minor in possession of a rifle there is a misdemeanor charge because of what is nicknamed "the farmboy exception" having to do with how that state has historically treated rifles.  I stated the gun charge was a nothing burger but only because I follow a youtube channel of a Wisconsin lawyer who explained the gun charge in detail as being stupid considering the law in Wisconsin.  That's why the judge dismissed it, they can't just overturn decades of court decisions.

People really in their feelings about this. We can argue about whether or not he should have been there with the gun, but self defense was on trial. Hate that two people are dead and the psych trauma around it, but the prosecution went in to drum this up in a ridiculous manner and left empty.

The thing that infuriates me most is that this is being celebrated as an opportunity to offer this dude jobs because of the outcome. We really need to do better.

8 minutes ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

People really in their feelings about this. We can argue about whether or not he should have been there with the gun, but self defense was on trial. Hate that two people are dead and the psych trauma around it, but the prosecution went in to drum this up in a ridiculous manner and left empty.

The thing that infuriates me most is that this is being celebrated as an opportunity to offer this dude jobs because of the outcome. We really need to do better.

It's more annoying that people are like "he killed criminals".... So we legally protect luck? He didn't know that 

5 minutes ago, Maxx said:

It's more annoying that people are like "he killed criminals".... So we legally protect luck? He didn't know that 

All this seems to be based on vantage point. People aren't looking at the facts in the case and focused on the ideological soundbites they can latch on too. I agree, it doesn't matter if they were "criminals". That doesn't validate the action.

Edited by OPTIMUS124

heh, ok...Collider tends to be *quite* out there on the left side of the spectrum... but surely they must be just stirring the pot for some easy clicks here... yesterday on their facebook page (and I guess the site too) they posted about the trailer for the Anne Boleyn miniseries....but it's not like this is new shit; that came out and most people laughed about it quite a while ago....it's old news at this point.  

Still, it's funny to see it brought up again though; now I'm compelled to read thru all the comments people posted in reaction to that ridiculous nonsense.  It'll probably be remembered as one of the most hilarious cases of a race-swap anyone has ever seen.  They got a pure, deep-chocolate skinned woman to play Queen Anne.  C'mon now, folks... 🤣  It would be one thing if they went for a "0.3% black" looking woman like Megan Markle to play her but nah, they went all the way with the blackness....like the reverse of getting WWE's Seamus to play Wesley Snipes in a biopic.  This might take a while but I must see all the comments people posted on this....

3 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

Cowboy Bebop is officially out and it’s just so much worse than what I could imagine. Any writer here on this site (which is probably just @Darc_Requiem ) should never feel bad for their dialogue when Netflix has this in their shows.

I'm watching it currently.  On the 3rd episode.  That conversation definitely got uncomfortable leading to the cringe and while my opinion on it isn't 100% complete since I'm only that far in I'm currently leaning towards like overall.  It's not a strong like but still a like.  There's some smaller complaints that I have like I really wish the fight choreography was tighter and Spike's fight style being closer to Wing Chun instead of Bruce's JKD.  Standout so far for me is Mustafa Shakir, he actually kind of sounds like Beau Billingslea at times and I think he's the closest to the character from the show out of the main 3 both in the way he's written and acted.

1 hour ago, Maxx said:

He only shot people who attacked him. When all the video you have of the situation shows people either running at him unprovoked with him running away from them, or them physically assaulting him and then him shooting...what should the outcome be?

The Rittenhouse case is similar to the George Floyd case but to the left. With Floyd, the guy literally let himself get handcuffed peacefully, walked to the car with no issue then starts freaking out. he didn't resist the arrest, he was just freaking out.

There isn't a single tape I saw where it showed Rittenhouse shooting in any way other than self defense. The prosecution didn't have video of it. All they needed was a vid of him threatening anybody at the place and it would've been GGs. So all the people there, and nobody said he was starting fights? People were purposefully misled about the actual details of this case. That's it. If you feel it should've gone a different way (rhetorical you, not you in particular Maxx), then go back to your news sources and asked them why they weren't honest about what the footage showed.

The only thing this case came down to was that somebody open carrying a rifle in a state where open carrying is legal is not provocation to attack them. Considering that there were black men open carrying during the BLM protests taht ended with the shooter who target cops, and those men were allowed to open carry without incidence then things panned out. There's also other protests groups whose sole point is to open carry at places.

So I don't know what you make of all this but people were legit misled. There were people on reddit who thought he was shooting at black people. Its insanely dumb.

8 minutes ago, Sonero said:

He only shot people who attacked him. When all the video you have of the situation shows people either running at him unprovoked with him running away from them, or them physically assaulting him and then him shooting...what should the outcome be?

The Rittenhouse case is similar to the George Floyd case but to the left. With Floyd, the guy literally let himself get handcuffed peacefully, walked to the car with no issue then starts freaking out. he didn't resist the arrest, he was just freaking out.

There isn't a single tape I saw where it showed Rittenhouse shooting in any way other than self defense. The prosecution didn't have video of it. All they needed was a vid of him threatening anybody at the place and it would've been GGs. So all the people there, and nobody said he was starting fights? People were purposefully misled about the actual details of this case. That's it. If you feel it should've gone a different way (rhetorical you, not you in particular Maxx), then go back to your news sources and asked them why they weren't honest about what the footage showed.

The only thing this case came down to was that somebody open carrying a rifle in a state where open carrying is legal is not provocation to attack them. Considering that there were black men open carrying during the BLM protests taht ended with the shooter who target cops, and those men were allowed to open carry without incidence then things panned out. There's also other protests groups whose sole point is to open carry at places.

So I don't know what you make of all this but people were legit misled. There were people on reddit who thought he was shooting at black people. Its insanely dumb.

He's getting called a hero because they happen to be criminals which he didn't know beforehand. Like he's a dumb kid that's it.. Not a hero or villain to me

16 minutes ago, Maxx said:

He's getting called a hero because they happen to be criminals which he didn't know beforehand. Like he's a dumb kid that's it.. Not a hero or villain to me

Mostly because news networks decided to use an unfortunate situation for propaganda.

That kid shouldn't have been there. On top of that, a grown ass man shouldn't have been trying to fight a kid looks like the aged progressed version of the Family Circud kid. Both things happened.

Rittenhouse was actively running towards the police to let them know what happened in the first shooting. In the middle of that he got attacked. Plenty of news networks actively pushed a narrative that none of the available footage supports. 

I dont know what bullshit is gonna happen with Ahmaud Arbery. But those fuckers were on a pick up truck carrying shotguns going after a guy on foot. Not a DAMN thing about that was remotely self defense.  Actually I should check to see if the clowns that lied about Floyd resisting arrest made up some fantasy about Arbery too.

Something else criticism wise that is throwing me for a both a loop and and as of this moment is a dislike in regarding to Cowboy Bebop is in regard to how Vicious and Julia are handled in comparison to the original show.  Vicious looks weird to me and he's not acting at all the way I expect him to in comparison to the show.  Like Vicious is pretty cold hearted in the show and in this he just kinda feels like an asshole.  Don't know if that's going to change or not but I'm not feeling it at the moment. 

And then Julia is both FULLY alive like...not hiding out or anything and she's married to Vicious and I'm still trying to deal with that lol.

God dammit lmao.  I'm laughing right now because they were doing an ok job at talking up the Eunuch in this show and then this line happened

"You'll never know true power until you've tasted the testicles of a man who has wronged you."

I had to fucking pause and laugh out loud at this.  Somebody wrote this and legit was like "Yeah man this sounds fucking bad ass!"   Man I can only imagine when the actors were doing the table reading, how they're expressions were on their face when they were reading this.

Edit:  Jesus christ man...this completely sucked out any seriousness that this conversation had.  I'm starting to think this was done on purpose.

Edited by Sonichuman
1 hour ago, TheInfernoman said:

Bebop was perfect as is. It never needed a live action adaptation as it wouldn't add anything to it. The netflix ver only reinforced my thoughts on this. What fans thought this had to be done? Not every animated/comic/story/graphic novel IP needs a live action counterpart 

No fan asks for live action animes. We just consume them because we wanna give it a chance. I never asked for a rurouni kenshin live action but it was pretty fucking good 

Actuay we ask for giant robot. Because we are whores for mech stuff

Edited by Maxx
9 minutes ago, Maxx said:

No fan asks for live action animes. We just consume them because we wanna give it a chance. I never asked for a rurouni kenshin live action but it was pretty fucking good 

Actuay we ask for giant robot. Because we are whores for mech stuff

Speak for yourself bruv. Lol at "we" 

I learned my lesson after paying full price for the last airbender to be more wary about what i consume. 

Eh I still don't think this live adaptation is bad.  It feels like Cowboy Bebop until it gets to this really awkward moments like the one I mentioned and that blackmail moment.  There definitely gripes that I have but I can't honestly say this is bad (again...yet.  I'm still leaning on like and I'm on Ep 7 now). 

Faye actually was pretty inline with the character from the show in terms of how she'd run off at the drop of a hat and screw over the other 2 in the beginning.  I was gonna say she's 2nd closest in line with her character until Ep 6 happened .    So far I think Jet, Faye, and Spike I feel Spike is the most changed and it partly ties to Julia and his personality.  They cut down on Spike's aloofness in this adaptation a good chunk.   Example being there's a moment when Jet tells them to work together on a bounty while he's handling some stuff.  Spike and Faye can't agree on a bounty to go after and Faye starts to get fed up and is about to just storm off the ship to go after a bounty herself stating that 'she's not going to wait around with a thumb up her ass'.  Anime Spike wouldn't have given 2 shits about her running off the ship to herself and potentially getting herself killed but Netflix Spike stops her and they end up bonding over bounty hunter marks after she calls him out on not wanting to work with her because he thinks she can't handle herself.  He also feels like he's missing some of his suave slickness that Anime Spike has.  He still good with a gun, he stills kicks people's asses but he just feels different. 

Also people were concerned that Ed is not in the show but Ed actually is.  Ed hasn't shown up physically yet but was involved in an episode off screen.

Also "Real Folk Blues" has gotta be one of the only reasons I'd switch over to "Watch Credits" at the end of an episode and it's probably pretty good that they don't have it at the end of every episode cause I'd listen to it every time in much the same way I've been doing for "Tank".

5 hours ago, TheInfernoman said:

Bebop was perfect as is. It never needed a live action adaptation as it wouldn't add anything to it. The netflix ver only reinforced my thoughts on this. What fans thought this had to be done? Not every animated/comic/story/graphic novel IP needs a live action counterpart 

I'm gonna use it the exact same way I used the Ghost in the Shell movie ( which was quite good by the way.) I'm gonna watch it with my girl and then I have easy motive to make her watch the Anime. 

47 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

I'm gonna use it the exact same way I used the Ghost in the Shell movie ( which was quite good by the way.) I'm gonna watch it with my girl and then I have easy motive to make her watch the Anime. 

For me in the 11 years i have been with my gal, it wasn't until year 7 where she began to have a curiosity for the anime/manga i consume. Flash forward to now and she has embraced her inner weeb and is now getting me into shows. 

Use what works for you! 

ohhhhh I look forward to what the usual channels that keep up with Batwoman will have to say about this... you know they love this show for giving them so much easy material to work with....we got a new Poison Ivy to look forward to, folks.... the asian girl that's already been on there... damn she is indeed a fine one...

It shocks me that (1) they allowed her to still be a redhead for some reason, AND (2) that they didn't go with a black girl instead...y'know, because of The Rules pertaining to redheaded characters! 🤣  I should probably get caught up on what's been going on this season for sure.  

On another note---Dark Shadows--- season 2, ep 132 was just on... I hate that I missed the beginning of this one---Julia and Barnabas caught up with that guy who found Dr. Julia's notes about Barnabas!  So of course...they took care of him.  Dead men don't talk.  She couldn't go through with it but Barnabas had no problems killing him.  They should've hid the body too...now the sheriff found the guy dead in his office and they of course know there's "foul play" there.

Edited by MillionX
11 hours ago, Sonero said:

Mostly because news networks decided to use an unfortunate situation for propaganda.

That kid shouldn't have been there. On top of that, a grown ass man shouldn't have been trying to fight a kid looks like the aged progressed version of the Family Circud kid. Both things happened.

Rittenhouse was actively running towards the police to let them know what happened in the first shooting. In the middle of that he got attacked. Plenty of news networks actively pushed a narrative that none of the available footage supports. 

I dont know what bullshit is gonna happen with Ahmaud Arbery. But those fuckers were on a pick up truck carrying shotguns going after a guy on foot. Not a DAMN thing about that was remotely self defense.  Actually I should check to see if the clowns that lied about Floyd resisting arrest made up some fantasy about Arbery too.

Oh yeah Rittenhouse is a domestic terrorist, zero obligation, duty, or reason to be there crossing state lines with a illegal weapon.
We all know if Rittenhouse was black, he would gotten life in prison, assuming the cops didn't kill him on the spot. 

53 minutes ago, DarkSakul said:

Oh yeah Rittenhouse is a domestic terrorist, zero obligation, duty, or reason to be there crossing state lines with a illegal weapon.

1 hour ago, DarkSakul said:

We all know if Rittenhouse was black, he would gotten life in prison, assuming the cops didn't kill him on the spot. 

Oh you mean like they did in 2016 in Dallas where nothing happened to them?

Or how they are doing:

https://www.yahoo.com/now/black-gun-rights-groups-started-055400061.html