Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

I'm mostly indifferent to the Rittenhouse case. The real issue is the Arbery case in Georgia. Those two guys chased somebody down in a pick up truck and then claimed self defense. 

If there's any time race comes into a situation, its probably when you're a black guy in the south and suddenly two white people with guns are chasing you in a pick up truck.

At that point you aren't trying to find out if they were doing something nefarious or inviting you to a tea party.

5 hours ago, DarkSakul said:

A polar bear's enclosure is made for polar bears. A more fitting analogy would be that polar bears were destroying your neighboring town after some fool baited and bussed them in, then the people who are supposed to defend the town are told to stand down because their bosses found the carnage politically expedient. This dipshittery makes it sound like the guy broke into a prison and shot prisoners who attacked him. It also implies that people should just lay down and take it when their communities are wrecked by people who think "justice" is assaulting random people, destroying their shit, and stealing anything of value. But hey, why bother thinking about something when there's an internet dogpile you can participate in for validation and backpats?

1 hour ago, elliephil said:

I'm assuming most of you are American based on this discussion.

How has poutine not taken off in the great U S and A? It's like everything in a stereo-typically American diet put into one dish. Gravy, potatoes, cheese, meat. Or maybe it has and I'm blind.

You see it a lot in the new england states. It was everywhere in New Hampshire, but that's right on the Canadian border too, so...

14 hours ago, Sonero said:

I'm mostly indifferent to the Rittenhouse case. The real issue is the Arbery case in Georgia. Those two guys chased somebody down in a pick up truck and then claimed self defense

The son's testimony ruled that out already.  It's practically impossible for a attentive jury to let those guys walk after admitting that Arbery wasn't a threat three times.

Out of all the cases in recent memory, this one fuels my rage each passing day. They killed this man like a stray dog.

so the first episode of Jeanie is on right now, on AntennaTV.  there's a scene where she just has one of his shirts on and...no pants!  That's amazing they got away with this in 1965 prime-time tv.  Damn her legs look incredible too.  Heh, it's funny how the guy constantly downplays Jeanie's advances.... she's ridiculously hot, has seemingly unlimited magical abilities (*I'd get her to grant me powers, and conjure up tons of money so we're rich), and she fell in love with him at first sight.  Bruh, WHAT is the downside there?  It doesn't get any better than that.  Sheeeeittt.... Barbara Eden still ranks as one of the finest blondies ever to be on television, imo.

*ah, Tony was engaged at the time so that explains some of that awkwardness... but really, normal human girl can't compete with Jeanie.  That fiancee would've got the boot asap once I got with Jeanie.

*random tidbit trivia info---Jeanie didn't speak English right away; Tony got frustrated and was like "I wish you spoke English..." and just like that, the wish was granted and she was speaking English so they could understand each other.

Currently on Decades though--- a "Riptide" marathon.  I'm not sure how that series sneaked past me.  It was on around the mid-80s, and I had never heard of it until recently when seeing it on these networks that specialize in old shows.

random thing I saw someone post on instagram---"No social media, phone, computer or tv for 2 months, and you get 2 million dollars.  Could you do it?"  Sheeeeeeitttttt that's "All too easy." as Shao Kahn said.  This did not exclude Nintendo Switch or PS Vita or other portable systems that do not require a television so....yeah.

Edited by MillionX
1 hour ago, AriesWarlock said:

try an ethernet powerline adapter.

I'm out of town right now. I can used wired on it. It has an ethernet port. The issue is I had it on wireless because all my ports are in use. My brother actually offered to let me use his spare set, but If I'm going drive home with a 55" TV in the backseat, it just as well be an LG OLED. Plus sales tax is only 5% up here. So if I buy it here, it'll save me money. I'm in no rush. I have few days to think about it. You can get the black Friday price right now.

26 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I'm out of town right now. I can used wired on it. It has an ethernet port. The issue is I had it on wireless because all my ports are in use. My brother actually offered to let me use his spare set, but If I'm going drive home with a 55" TV in the backseat, it just as well be an LG OLED. Plus sales tax is only 5% up here. So if I buy it here, it'll save me money. I'm in no rush. I have few days to think about it. You can get the black Friday price right now.

If it's good, go for it. I have learned the hard way not to give in to those "Black Friday prices the week before Black Friday." When I bought the regular PS4 on Newegg it was the week before Black Friday. Then on Black Friday the PS4 was at the same sales price but with an official PS headset added. 🤬

2 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:

try an ethernet powerline adapter.

I looked into alternative wired options after moving last year and came across MOCA adapters. It's like powerline for your coaxial cable lines, which allows faster speeds and better stability than your electrical lines. I've been using it since last December without a single issue. Highly recommended for anyone wanting a wired option without running cat5 cable everywhere. 

6 hours ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

The son's testimony ruled that out already.  It's practically impossible for a attentive jury to let those guys walk after admitting that Arbery wasn't a threat three times.

Out of all the cases in recent memory, this one fuels my rage each passing day. They killed this man like a stray dog.

I know the case already. It was the audacity to claim self defense when you were ACTIVELY chasing somebody. Not even in Florida would that come close to counting as self defense.

The Arbery case is actually way crazier than  what most people understand of it. So the homeowner calls the cops because people keep going into the building site and stealing shit. Happened at least once. Sets up a camera and all that jazz.

When he talks to the police, one of the cops (a detective or some other guy with a rank) tells him that instead of calling them about it, he can call this neighbor who recently retired. Homeowner does as instructed because he trusted his local police department.

Now Arbery was in the neighborhood for w/e reason, walked into the building site, looked around and left. When he goes in, it triggered an alarm iirc. So homeowner calls the the neighbor over who brings his son. They look at the tape and start searching for Arbery. Last I read Arbery didn't actually take a damn thing from the site. 

Shooting happens, gets recorded by a second video etc. Now the fuckery happens. You see, a cop in the precinct told that home owner to call those idiots. The idiots killed somebody. Chief of Police decides to say the situation was self defense and not charge either one. 

So the situation stays closed until dumb ass old McMichael decides he wants to prove that what happened was self defense. So he shows people the video of the incident.

There is way more to this story than what people are being told. There was an article months ago about how that PD is just terrible at their jobs.

Hell the cop the threw McMichaels  under the bus:

https://www.wtoc.com/2021/11/12/police-point-contact-owner-home-under-construction-takes-stand-arbery-murder-trial/

33 minutes ago, Camacho said:

I looked into alternative wired options after moving last year and came across MOCA adapters. It's like powerline for your coaxial cable lines, which allows faster speeds and better stability than your electrical lines. I've been using it since last December without a single issue. Highly recommended for anyone wanting a wired option without running cat5 cable everywhere. 

That actually sounds like it could be useful to me. I'll check it out, thanks!

27 minutes ago, Sonero said:

I either never heard of this one or forgot about it. The Philando Castile shooting was equally incredible bullshit.

Yup. That guy should have been guilty without question given the facts. Supposedly, they felt the officer was an "honest man" and went on the word that he wasn't out to kill him and was startled. The fact that it was manslaughter led to being shocked that Former Officer Yanez was found not guilty. Sure, the families got 3.8 million collectively, but that isn't a tradeoff most would make. 

NRA was on some BS about that one too.  

Edited by OPTIMUS124
55 minutes ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

That was the one in North Charleston, SC where a bystander caught video of former officer Michael Slager shooting Scott in the back multiple times while running away. 

Posting Wiki for summary

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killing_of_Walter_Scott

Yeah I remember that one. If the guy hadn't recorded it on his phone, the cop would of gotten away with it. He lied and dropped a weapon next to the body. It's was fucking disgusting. The guy saw the reports about it, saw the cop was lying, and then came forward.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
40 minutes ago, Sonero said:

I either never heard of this one or forgot about it. The Philando Castile shooting was equally incredible bullshit.

The Castile case was really bad. It aggravates me to no end that the Michael Brown case- where the narrative that riled people up was bullshit- got held up as an example of a bad shooting while this one was largely swept under the rug. 

1 hour ago, Camacho said:

It aggravates me to no end that the Michael Brown case- where the narrative that riled people up was bullshit- got held up as an example of a bad shooting while this one was largely swept under the rug. 

The Michael Brown situation was aggravated because Brown's friend actively lied about what happened.  You then had eye witness discrepancies. None of the eye witnesses corroborated what Brown's friend said though. Then you had the fact that nobody wants to mention/acknowledge/remember that an officers were looking for Brown because he just got done strong arming an old person who worked at a gas station over some cigarillos. After all that...you also had an 18 year old football player that's 300 lbs throwing blows at a police officer through his car window.

Add that all up and the fact that after the riots and building set on fire, locals went to the news stations to tell everybody that out of town people came into Ferguson to start shit. So all the rioting was mostly from people who drove for it. Then you had an old lady neighborhood lady  (black btw) talking about how they set the Walgreens where she got her medicine from on fire. So in every which way that section of Ferguson lost out.

Obama's DoJ investigated it, found no wrong doing and people still make things up about it. Things are a mess.

3 minutes ago, TheInfernoman said:

I read this so now all of you must suffer with me

lol rescuing birds and full transitions. I never heard of deadname before but I can guess what it is. Anyway the real solution is to punch the person who posted this in the first place. Almost all of society's issues can be solved with a good punch to the face, one that preferably breaks a jaw. It's a shame we decided that is illegal. In literature it was common to beat up shit stirrers through most of history. They usually called it a "thrashing" and would go around threatening to thrash someone acting stupid. Since the vast majority of these truly stupid people are extremely physically weak and very cowardly, it was extremely effective in deterring them. Alas now we give them platforms and let them mislead younger generations until they make up most of the vocal population. Oh well.

Elect me and I will work on bringing thrashings back, as well as develop some way to punch a person through the internet.

45 minutes ago, TheInfernoman said:

I read this so now all of you must suffer with me

I wanna believe people are joking with the responses but I also feel like this a moment where you're expecting the just kidding and there's just crickets afterwards.  What an extreme response to this lol.  I mean if the bird is really and truly giving the person mental health issues then give the bird away?  Pretty easy problem solve there than just killing the bird because the bird doesn't know any better.  SMH.

30 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

I wanna believe people are joking with the responses but I also feel like this a moment where you're expecting the just kidding and there's just crickets afterwards.  What an extreme response to this lol.  I mean if the bird is really and truly giving the person mental health issues then give the bird away?  Pretty easy problem solve there than just killing the bird because the bird doesn't know any better.  SMH.

According to "their" logic giving the bird away only perpetually allows it to continue deadnaming and doesn't teach the birb about transphobia. 

Because all transphobia needs to be eliminated by force if needed be 🙃

12 hours ago, axeman61 said:

Hey, guys. Don't know what I've missed, but I'm in Texas (McKinney to be exact) for the entire week on vacation and was wondering what bbq spots to hit and general attractions I might like.

I'm into stand up comedy.

There's a really great burger place called Scotty P's that I went to with a buddy of mine who's from McKinney a couple years ago. Also a place called Hutchin's for some good BBQ.