Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

So I've been on PC since my XB360 red ringed back at the end of 2010. But GPUs are tough to get and I don't really have any faith in PC gaming going forward, I still like indies but the major studios just don't seem to do a great job on PC.

So I'm thinking of getting the new Xbox and I have questions for you guys. X Series or S? I don't care about the disc drive and would be using the online store anyway. I don't actually have a new HDTV, but I can buy one, should I just get a 4k OLED? Or would it make more sense to get 1440P or whatever on the S?

I don't remember consoles ever having frametime spikes, but PC gaming does have a lot of that. Are consoles still rock solid on that? And if so, should I just aim for 60fps in that case?

What games should I be looking for? I still love JRPGs and I also like WRPGs. I don't mind some action games in there if they're good and maybe some other changes of pace. But I'd predominantly get RPGs. I'm interested in the MS console precisely because of Starfield, TES6, and whatever Obsidian and maybe Larian would come out with. How is console modding these days as well? I loved the FO3, NV, Skyrim era because of mods on PC, and I still play them now but the performance on modern hardware has often been a bit uneven. Last major studio release game I played was Witcher 3, I'd consider grabbing CP2077 on a console though. Otherwise I'm in an indie guy, but I'm sure I can still get indies on my PC with dated hardware so I'm not too concerned of that.

I still come back to that channel for these jams they made, man.... it's always about Phil, Wings or LTG, and it was always gold...

man, this coming Thanksgiving holiday is going to be nice, actually....unlike Christmas, I have absolutely no obligations.  I'm all set to just sit around doing nothing, enjoying a 4-day weekend.

Edited by MillionX
23 minutes ago, Reticently said:

Madara was way more broken than Aizen.  That's not meant as a knock on Aizen, that's just how it was.

Both characters were the king of BS in their universe.  In some aspects I feel Aizen had more cause it feels like the moment you saw him he had plans on plans on plans.  I'm more aware of Madara's BS than I am of Aizen's cause I still haven't fully watched/read through that section of Bleach.  I don't think the analysis is going to be anywhere near straight forward though.

4 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

Both characters were the king of BS in their universe.  In some aspects I feel Aizen had more cause it feels like the moment you saw him he had plans on plans on plans.  I'm more aware of Madara's BS than I am of Aizen's cause I still haven't fully watched/read through that section of Bleach.  I don't think the analysis is going to be anywhere near straight forward though.

Both of them have been plotting since a few hundred years before their respective manga/anime beginnings, so. Shit was gonna happen.

6 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

plans on plans on plans

Both get props for laying long term plans.  But without spoiling too much about Bleach, in the end Aizen's own strength in combat ended up being unreliable, and there were fights he chose to dodge rather than take chances with.

Whereas when it came down to brass tacks Madara solo'd the entire ninja world and a bunch of undead Hokages at the same time, and won.

The simplicity of how Aizen was OP was always cool and funny to me... even if the others in that world are aware of what his power is and that they are under the effect of it... they STILL can't really do much about it.  It's like constant checkmate against someone who can trick all your senses.... you have no idea what's real, or if he's even there speaking to you, or what.  Haha I'd have so much fun with that kind of power...like "How can you be sure this is really me?  Maybe you attack me and it turns out you're attacking your little sister.  ...what if that this place we're standing in is not what you think it is?"  It's the ultimate troll superpower....and it's not even bankai.  Then, if I recall he's basically unkillable once he acquired the Hougyoku and merged with it.

2 minutes ago, Reticently said:
  Hide contents

The  hogukyu ended up rejecting Aizen when Ichigo pushed him too hard in combat.

Spoiler

Well, yeah that was a special case. The way I see it, the hogyoku's power is it's ability to sense the heart (or will) of the user and materialize their deepest desires.

It's a device that makes your will into reality. Aizen had a huge superiority complex, he believed himself the ultimate being and as a result the hogyoku made him Immortal and gave him power.

When Ichigo decides to use final getsuga, Aizen is so completely undeniably out matched that it breaks his will... he realizes it and internally accepts his defeat... and in that moment the hogyoku rejects him because he no longer has the will to manifest his desires.

That aside though, Aizen did say during his fight with Urahara back when he was in Soul Society nobody could compare with his powers. Said it took twice the amount of a captain's reiatsu to be able to manipulate the hogyoku. Caught Renji's sword and Ichigo's bankai with his bare hands. I wish he would have had more regular fights, but I think he could have slapped the captains by himself. Even evolved he took on Urahara, Yorouichi, Ichigo and his dad. So back to the main point lol I don't think his original strength was unreliable.

Even evolved Madara had a natural enemy in Maito Gai's with the eight gate open. He would have been fucked if it wasn't because Gai was on a time limit. And Gai was not in any Kage's level.

5 hours ago, HD-Man said:

Sandman could possibly work as a solo but hell no to Rhino, that dude dumb as fuck. There's almost nothing interesting about him🤣

naw. Sandman sucks. Electro does too but he was super popular up until the early 2000’s. Although it was mainly because they kept giving him buffs. 

Imo the only real interesting Spidey Villains (I’m talking specifically Peter Parker and not counting symbiots) are Kraven, Norman Osborn and Doctor Octopus. Honorable mention is Mysterio because he’s had some really good stories written but usually had nothing to do with Spider-Man. 

I don’t really consider The Inheritors good villains because the whole spider totem thing was and still is fucking stupid and felt very “jumped the shark” in terms of storylines. Thankfully the actual spider verse event that was led in by the inheritors story was amazing 

Edited by iStu X
18 minutes ago, iStu X said:

naw. Sandman sucks. Electro does too but he was super popular up until the early 2000’s. Although it was mainly because they kept giving him buffs. 

Imo the only real interesting Spidey Villains (I’m talking specifically Peter Parker and not counting symbiots) are Kraven, Norman Osborn and Doctor Octopus. Honorable mention is Mysterio because he’s had some really good stories written. 

I don’t really consider The Inheritors good villains because the whole spider totem thing was and still is fucking stupid and felt very “jumped the shark” in terms of storylines. Thankfully the actual spider verse that was led in by the inheritors story was amazing 

I mean, you can play up Sandmans more noble aspects slightly plus the fact that he's made of sand, atleast he has that going for him. Rhino just a dumbass with a suit unless they're gonna go the Deadpool route with him 🤣

Osborne definitely needs a movie, showing how he possibly creates the Thunderbolts or even the Dark Avengers 

Edited by HD-Man
3 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

I mean, you can play up Sandmans more noble aspects slightly plus the fact that he's made of sand, atleast he has that going for him. Rhino just a dumbass with a suit unless they're gonna go the Deadpool route with him 🤣

Osborne definitely needs a movie, showing how he possibly creates the Thunderbolts or even the Dark Avengers 

Id rather just see Absorbing Man. Who is genuinely awesome and well beyond OP. But he’s more of a Thor/Hulk villain and reformed these days 

Edited by iStu X

I am so glad I am not in retail anymore, I heard they are calling this "revenge shopping" to make up for all the holidays people weren't able to go shopping. Sounds like some marketing gimmick 🤔 The parking lot for the mall near where I live has been extremely packed for the past few weeks now that restrictions are really being lifted.

Sending my best wishes to all retail workers during all of this.

That's another power that ranks high with me; if you have good control over it, of course... Absorbing power is crazy; I'd always have various materials on hand to become that form for whatever I need.

..and imagine if something like adamantium was also in our world; that or vibranium... you absorb and make your whole body like that, you're basically invincible.  It also has the benefit of looking cool too, which is always important.  The substances don't even have to be solid, btw.. 

https://villains.fandom.com/wiki/Absorbing_Man 

1 hour ago, AriesWarlock said:

And Gai was not in any Kage's level

That's the one thing I'll disagree with you on.  Per Kakashi, Guy with 8 gates open surpasses any Kage.  Even Madara called Guy Hashirama's equal.

But it's kind of an interesting point of comparison.  Guy did to Madara what Ichigo did to Aizen.  For Aizen that was definitely game over but for Madara it was only a 50% chance of losing.

And even if Aizen managed to beat Madara, that just lets Kaguya out.  So the best Aizen can really even hope for is a draw.

10 minutes ago, Reticently said:

That's the one thing I'll disagree with you on.  Per Kakashi, Guy with 8 gates open surpasses any Kage.  Even Madara called Guy Hashirama's equal.

But it's kind of an interesting point of comparison.  Guy did to Madara what Ichigo did to Aizen.  For Aizen that was definitely game over but for Madara it was only a 50% chance of losing

I actually don't remember the details during that whole war, so I'll take your word for it about Gai. I do remember Madara being in awe when fighting Guy.

Agreed, the comparison is an apt one.

On 11/21/2021 at 9:38 AM, VirginDefiler said:

who was that srk'er that was black, had glasses and dread locks that could speak 40 languages and made youtube vids teaching languages? anybody remember him?

to answer my own question, since i figured out who it was.

it was laoshu.

https://forums.shoryuken.com/u/laoshu505000/summary

anybody og srk'ers remember him when he was trying to teach us knuckleheads chinese? it was way back in the day tho.

i remembered he was black. but idk why i remembered him with glasses and dreadlocks. maybe he wore dreads 10+ years ago. maybe my memory is confusing him with another dude. idk.

whichever way. this guy was a srk'er back in the day. sad thing is he died last year. rip bro.

3 hours ago, iStu X said:

Imo the only real interesting Spidey Villains (I’m talking specifically Peter Parker and not counting symbiots) are Kraven, Norman Osborn and Doctor Octopus. Honorable mention is Mysterio because he’s had some really good stories written. 

I don’t really consider The Inheritors good villains because the whole spider totem thing was and still is fucking stupid and felt very “jumped the shark” in terms of storylines. Thankfully the actual spider verse that was led in by the inheritors story was amazing 

Just wait until Sony discovers the Clone Saga!!!

1 hour ago, HD-Man said:

Ain't nothing worse than a chick who gets surgery then starts giving out dieting and exercise advice like she got in shape naturally . You lyin bitch, you 😂

I have a 300lb lady at my work who gives diet advice.  It's pretty funny because she talks about going on 20 mile hikes and stuff like that.  Karen you get winded walking to the parking lot, don't fucking front.

listened to a college kid's 15 min phone conversation rant to his boy. he refused to take this girls virginity , she was apparently super bad hook up. he was tellin his boy how she used all teeth during the bj and all i could picture was the derrek comedy sketch. He also said he refused to take 2 girls virginities in the same week lmfao. She was just such a bad hook up he had to get outta there and broke this poor girls heart she was crying.

mind you...when i picked him up this bitch had the get out compound of a house. 5 min drive up the drive way to this fucking huge house with 4 cars in the front. she is rich rich

Well, the dislikes situation--- I keep wondering when it finally happens.  So far they still show up for me.

ah, Dark Shadows is on again...one of the "in color" episodes too.  It's unfortunate that other soap operas never got a dvd release, at least that I'm aware of.  If the insanity that was NBC's Passions ever got a blu-ray set, I would've bought that day 1, no question.  I'd get Port Charles too; that one also had supernatural shenanigans going on... but Passions was definitely the craziest shit ever to happen in the "soap opera" category.  I was reminiscing about it recently with some old friends who also remember--- a martini-loving midget doll that came to life sometimes who was friends with a 500-year old witch...who had actual demons in her closet... there was an angel at one point, an evil family patriarch who went on the search for the Holy Grail so he could be immortal, there was a trans-person (or I think he was a hermaphrodite..) who was a masked killer, played by the former Blue Power Ranger from the Wild Force season, the list goes on.  That show was legendary.

*heh, silly old fool Barnabas... in this episode I see he was still going thru with the process Dr. Julia came up with to change him back to being a normal human.  That shit is ridiculous every time I've seen it in a vampire story....or anything with a superhuman character wanting to be human again.  "Oh no, I happen to be 'cursed' with all these cool powers like super-speed/reaction, strength, mesmerize abilities, shapeshifting and IMMORTALITY...oh woe is me... I need to go back to being a frail, easily injured and killed human, that gets old, is susceptible to a million diseases, degrading health with age...and will have a natural lifespan." 🤣 Nig please get outta here with that nonsense.  

Edited by MillionX
12 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

All the hate from removing dislikes is just going to trickle down to the comments more and will probably show up in other ways. This is just a stopgap and I have faith the internet will find out other ways to show their displeasure, it always does 😂

I guess that is what the comment section will be for