Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

23 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

All the hate from removing dislikes is just going to trickle down to the comments more and will probably show up in other ways. This is just a stopgap and I have faith the internet will find out other ways to show their displeasure, it always does 😂

That's the thing. They didn't remove dislikes, they hid them. So there reason for "protecting" creators makes even less sense. It doesn't change how the way they see their videos. It's obvious, to everyone, that they did it to protect big corporate channels. Also comments can already be turned off and/or deleted. It's a complete shitshow. 

2 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

That's the thing. They didn't remove dislikes, they hid them. So there reason for "protecting" creators makes even less sense. It doesn't change how the way they see their videos. It's obvious, to everyone, that they did it to protect big corporate channels. Also comments can already be turned off and/or deleted. It's a complete shitshow. 

And it's not like you can't just look at the analytics and see no ones watching your shit or bailing halfway through. Like yea this was only to protect big corporations who get massive downvotes on YouTube for their stupid horse shit. 

Corporations are people to after all *eyeroll*

Thomas Jefferson Statue Removed From New York City Hall After Almost 200 Years

tj.jpg

A statue of Thomas Jefferson, one of the nation’s founding fathers and third president, was removed from New York City Hall on Monday where it had been on display for nearly two centuries.

The statue’s removal was the result of the city’s Public Design Commission voting to exile the likeness to the New York Historical Society due to the fact that Jefferson once owned slaves.

The vote split members of the New York City Council.

“Each day it is allowed to linger there serves as a reminder to our members of the horrors perpetrated against Blacks and Indigenous Peoples by revered figures – like Jefferson – who were instrumental in America’s creation, but also known practitioners of slavery that espoused white supremacist belief,” the city council’s Black, Latino, and Asian Caucus said in a statement after the vote to remove the statue in mid-November.

“This is a vote to sideline history,” Staten Island Republican Councilman Joe Borelli told The New York Post. “That Jefferson is holding the bill of rights in the very statue is lost on those who have benefitted from his contribution.”

The Post also reported that Keri Butler, executive director of the Public Design Commission “that voted to banish the statue, at first tried to block the press from witnessing its removal. Butler relented after members of the mayor’s office and City Council intervened.”

The 1833 statue is a replica of a bronze statue by sculptor Pierre-Jean David that is still on display in the Capitol Rotunda in Washington, D.C.

Man, Fuck. My rental car got towed out of the visitor's spot at the relative's apartment where I'm staying, and she's saying it's 300 to get it back. I should have been registering the permit online in a timely fashion. I did it this morning - before noticing the car was gone - instead of last night after the previous daily pass expired. But I'm a tad bit pissed she didn't tell me it was 300 to get it back. That's like half my remaining budget to have fun in this town while I'm here. I would have been more proactive in doing it had I known.

Time will tell if I have to pay it once we get down there (I have the screenshot of my last permit), but I don't have hope. Sucks I'm going to lose so much money to these parasites.

Edited by axeman61

Interesting... NBC got video of the arrest of that piece of trash that ran some people down in the parade recently

Crazy thing here... his story seems to show off just how soft the American justice system tends to be, at least in modern times, imo.  His rap sheet apparently goes back to 1999...a long list of criminal bullshit....so how and why was he even out like a normal citizen in the first place?  At a certain point, you start to realize that some people are truly a "lost cause", and should perhaps just be left in prison forever.  So now because he was out there, a few people died to his shenanigans at the parade this past Sunday.

*sidenote---dislikes still show up for me so far; haha the ratio on this nbc video is funny...it's pretty even at the moment; people don't like that NBC used the term "accident" there....heh, yeah some "accident" alright.

edit---strange that the guy at home actually answered the door and went outside with this dude.... nah, if I don't know you, I don't answer the door, no exceptions.  I already have problems trusting people in any given situation in the first place, since I have an extremely low opinion of human nature.

Edited by MillionX
1 hour ago, AriesWarlock said:

Thomas Jefferson Statue Removed From New York City Hall After Almost 200 Years

tj.jpg

A statue of Thomas Jefferson, one of the nation’s founding fathers and third president, was removed from New York City Hall on Monday where it had been on display for nearly two centuries.

The statue’s removal was the result of the city’s Public Design Commission voting to exile the likeness to the New York Historical Society due to the fact that Jefferson once owned slaves.

The vote split members of the New York City Council.

“Each day it is allowed to linger there serves as a reminder to our members of the horrors perpetrated against Blacks and Indigenous Peoples by revered figures – like Jefferson – who were instrumental in America’s creation, but also known practitioners of slavery that espoused white supremacist belief,” the city council’s Black, Latino, and Asian Caucus said in a statement after the vote to remove the statue in mid-November.

“This is a vote to sideline history,” Staten Island Republican Councilman Joe Borelli told The New York Post. “That Jefferson is holding the bill of rights in the very statue is lost on those who have benefitted from his contribution.”

The Post also reported that Keri Butler, executive director of the Public Design Commission “that voted to banish the statue, at first tried to block the press from witnessing its removal. Butler relented after members of the mayor’s office and City Council intervened.”

The 1833 statue is a replica of a bronze statue by sculptor Pierre-Jean David that is still on display in the Capitol Rotunda in Washington, D.C.

I'm not surprised, especially not that it's happening in NYC of all places. There comes a point where folks have to tell these "do-gooders" to go fuck themselves or we go down the path of no return, and there's a massive difference between Thomas Jefferson and Jefferson Davis, but of course that's not a discussion folks are interested in having. 

2 hours ago, MillionX said:

Interesting... NBC got video of the arrest of that piece of trash that ran some people down in the parade recently

Crazy thing here... his story seems to show off just how soft the American justice system tends to be, at least in modern times, imo.  His rap sheet apparently goes back to 1999...a long list of criminal bullshit....so how and why was he even out like a normal citizen in the first place?  At a certain point, you start to realize that some people are truly a "lost cause", and should perhaps just be left in prison forever.  So now because he was out there, a few people died to his shenanigans at the parade this past Sunday.

*sidenote---dislikes still show up for me so far; haha the ratio on this nbc video is funny...it's pretty even at the moment; people don't like that NBC used the term "accident" there....heh, yeah some "accident" alright.

edit---strange that the guy at home actually answered the door and went outside with this dude.... nah, if I don't know you, I don't answer the door, no exceptions.  I already have problems trusting people in any given situation in the first place, since I have an extremely low opinion of human nature.

Lots of other information you can find about that POS that's being kept quiet. The guy hasn't been shy about his racial views, to say the least.

Edited by Camacho
9 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

All the hate from removing dislikes is just going to trickle down to the comments more and will probably show up in other ways. This is just a stopgap and I have faith the internet will find out other ways to show their displeasure, it always does 😂

Let Trump get re-elected.  That shit will be back so fast you'll think the Sword of Damocles got a second season.

Edited by Deadly_Raver

It looks like AngryMan will be talking about Darrell Brooks among other things tonight....live right now.

https://youtu.be/V34EEmH1OQ8

ohhhhh so allegedly he did it because of the result of the Rittenhouse trial?!  Ohooooo this is going to be a juicy one for sure

AM's going to be in top roast form here 

*edit--that link died; technical problems (sure, youtube)

https://youtu.be/wkTY4Vfxko8

Anticipation Popcorn GIF

imagine...it's close to the holidays... imagine your kid was in the parade and this piece of trash bumrushes thru with his SUV.  He'd have to hope the police got to him before I did that's for damn sure.  

Edited by MillionX

It looks like AngryMan will be talking about Darrell Brooks among other things tonight....live right now.

man, his show crashed earlier when he was about to go in on the democrats.  Coincidence?  I don't think so.

edit:  Yeah, he restarted it but I caught it late.  Too bad for me this time around.......

Edited by Deadly_Raver

ohhhhh so allegedly he did it because of the result of the Rittenhouse trial?!  Ohooooo this is going to be a juicy one for sure

Anticipation Popcorn GIF

imagine...it's close to the holidays... imagine your kid was in the parade and this piece of trash bumrushes thru with his SUV.  He'd have to hope the police got to him before I did that's for damn sure.  

Darell driving through the parade had nothing to do with Rittenhouse. He was involved in a stabbing. He also abused his wife/g.f and used that same suv to hit her I believe  and the courts released him on.. Wait for... $1000 bail. 

35 minutes ago, iStu X said:

I totally forgot to mention this but I gifted this to myself yesterday for my birthday. 

I had read some of the fan translations but I didn’t know the first volume was out .

Is the premise sort of like Hi Score Girl?  Cause I really enjoyed watching that.

Edited by Sonichuman
5 hours ago, MillionX said:

I'm a father and if either of my kids got killed by someone I would make the Punisher look like a kindergarten teacher.

12 hours ago, MillionX said:

ha, funny thing--- I thought they had phased those out...but I actually found a 2-dollar bill on the ground next to an ATM machine some months ago.  It was surprising... I haven't seen a 2-dollar bill since I was a little kid.

When I worked at a concession stand as a teenager (this was in 2008, I think), I had a fat kid buy two candy bars with 2 dollar bill.

I think they are phasing them out. Obviously due to inflation the difference between 1 and 2 dollars is a joke.

I'm guessing they'll be worth far more than the notional value in the future, just not sure how far into the future haha.

18 hours ago, axeman61 said:

Man, Fuck. My rental car got towed out of the visitor's spot at the relative's apartment where I'm staying, and she's saying it's 300 to get it back. I should have been registering the permit online in a timely fashion. I did it this morning - before noticing the car was gone - instead of last night after the previous daily pass expired. But I'm a tad bit pissed she didn't tell me it was 300 to get it back. That's like half my remaining budget to have fun in this town while I'm here. I would have been more proactive in doing it had I known.

Time will tell if I have to pay it once we get down there (I have the screenshot of my last permit), but I don't have hope. Sucks I'm going to lose so much money to these parasites.

Aaaaand I DID have to pay out these parasites. They towed me in the gap between when my last permit expired and when I made the one in the morning. The relative I'm staying with was able to knock it down to 200 over the phone. I just hate it so much. It's NOT the money; I can easily find an extra 200 in my budget for this vacay if I want to get up to some shit. It's that I lost it to parasitic legal car thieves.

14 hours ago, MillionX said:

Anticipation Popcorn GIF

Can't wait to see what excuses (white) people make for that guy. Cue popcorn gif. 

^oh yeah... I had it bad for "Kimberly" Amy Jo Johnson for years.  There is a movie where she had a brief topless scene; I actually bought it once I found out about that (thanks to the legendary hokage "Mr. Skin" back in the late 90s/early 2000s; he always gave precious info over the years)... it's "Pursuit of Happiness"--haha NOT the serious Will Smith  one, of course.  Sheeeeitttt, and YES I still have that infamous episode recorded... that one where she did gymnastics at the end....looking so damn delicious.  If only she knew what kind of nasty, freaky thoughts she inspired in so many back in the day with that 1 scene.

On another note---it is indeed a bit suspicious when you notice people's streams suddenly have "technical problems" whenever they speak of certain topics... like with Angryman lately... anytime he wants to talk about that dude Darrell Brooks from a few days ago running down people in the parade... suddenly everything goes to shit with his channel.... but when he talks about other topics suddenly things are perfectly fine again.  🤣  At this point it looks like he's not even mentioning the guy's name anymore...kinda tip-toeing around it....seems to work so far. (just like a lot of youtubers stay away from actually saying things like "covid" and "vaccine" when they want to speak freely about those topics.)

...it's 5 people dead from that asshole now, btw... and now a kid has died too.  Oh yeah it's a done deal...that dude is basically guaranteed multiple "life without parole" sentences now.

Edited by MillionX
4 minutes ago, MillionX said:

^oh yeah... I had it bad for "Kimberly" Amy Jo Johnson for years.  There is a movie where she had a brief topless scene; I actually bought it once I found out about that (thanks to the legendary hokage "Mr. Skin" back in the late 90s/early 2000s; he always gave precious info over the years)... it's "Pursuit of Happiness"--haha NOT the serious Will Smith  one, of course.  Sheeeeitttt, and YES I still have that infamous episode recorded... that one where she did gymnastics at the end....looking so damn delicious.  If only she knew what kind of nasty, freaky thoughts she inspired in so many back in the day with that 1 scene.

Someone from another forum that I talk to daily has christened you as the ultimate judge when we're grading hotness of Toku actresses.  "What would Million say?"  We don't have any recent examples yet but when we watched Basic Instinct we said this is what would happen if Million directed Nina Williams: the Movie.  

5 minutes ago, MillionX said:

On another note---it is indeed a bit suspicious when you notice people's streams suddenly have "technical problems" whenever they speak of certain topics... like with Angryman lately... anytime he wants to talk about that dude Darrell Brooks from a few days ago running down people in the parade... suddenly everything goes to shit with his channel.... but when he talks about other topics suddenly things are perfectly fine again.  🤣  At this point it looks like he's not even mentioning the guy's name anymore...kinda tip-toeing around it....seems to work so far. (just like a lot of youtubers stay away from actually saying things like "covid" and "vaccine" when they want to speak freely about those topics.)

Or maybe that 200mbps connection from Spectrum ain't all it's cracked up to be.

^Oh yeah... I'm already wondering how soon until someone from that side of the aisle starts gathering support for Mt. Rushmore.  I guarantee ya they'd love to "fix" that by removing it completely.  Then they probably would like to have someone paint over The Apotheosis of Washington at the Capitol Building as well.

AM just brought up a funny thing about Brooks----how in the hell do you get bail for the new crime when you were already "out on bail" for the previous crime while committing this latest one? 😆  So...he was out on bail, then runs some people down at a parade....and gets bail again for that.  Bruh...

9 minutes ago, NinetiesArcades said:

@Thomas Jefferson removal topic: when the fuck is this 'history washing' crap going to end? The dude is part of the American fucking history, regardless if he is a slave owner or not. Not everything in history is rose-tinted colors. What's next, remove holocaust artifacts also since it triggers certain group?

gtfo GIF 

It's not history washing. It's removing glorification of shitty things / shitty people. It would be safe to assume a statue is placed to honor someone.

16 minutes ago, MillionX said:

^Oh yeah... I'm already wondering how soon until someone from that side of the aisle starts gathering support for Mt. Rushmore.  I guarantee ya they'd love to "fix" that by removing it completely.  Then they probably would like to have someone paint over The Apotheosis of Washington at the Capitol Building as well.

This is one that I could actually see happening given the story of how it was "acquired"

https://www.history.com/topics/us-presidents/mount-rushmore-1

Snippet from the article.

The Loss of a Sacred Land

In the Treaty of Fort Laramie, signed in 1868 by Sioux tribes and General William T. Sherman, the U.S. government promised the Sioux “undisturbed use and occupation” of territory including the Black Hills, in what is now South Dakota. But the discovery of gold in the region soon led U.S. prospectors to flock there en masse, and the U.S. government began forcing the Sioux to relinquish their claims on the Black Hills.

Warriors like Sitting Bull and Crazy Horse led a concerted Sioux resistance (including the latter’s famous defeat of Gen. George Armstrong Custer in the Battle of the Little Bighorn in 1876), which federal troops eventually crushed in a brutal massacre at Wounded Knee in 1890. Ever since then, Sioux activists have protested the U.S. confiscation of their ancestral lands, and demanded their return. The Black Hills (or Paha Sapa in Lakota) are particularly important to them, as the region is central to many Sioux religious traditions. 

While I was working with a number of tribes in the northwest, there is a lot of disdain for that monument.

Well, after watching Netflix's Cowboy Beebop, i will say that it was less worse than what i thought.

Is still bad, but is not as offensive as i thought it would be.

Dunno how they managed it, but it has this duality of looking both cheap and that tried to do something expensive, lol.

Outside Spike and Jet, everyone else feels meh.

At least they captured a nice dynamic between both of them, which btw, with my brother, we were talking that it felt like the dynamic between Mel Gibson and Danny Glover on  the Lethal Weapon series.

TBH, i feel that most of the people who watched the anime wouldn't like it, and most people who don't know shit about the series wouldn't like it either.

So is in this limbo of where i have to ask, for who is this series for?

Edited by Hecatom