Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

I'm still trying to get my thoughts down on Cowboy Bebop Netflix.  I finished it Monday night.  I am not a fan of ending for Season 1 and definitely do not like what they did to Vicious.  I didn't like him when they first showed him and it got worse and worse  as the episodes went on.  The series still leaning towards like for me but it's a lesser like than where I was before after getting through all of it.   I'm still interested in how they're gonna handle season 2 since they decided to make an extreme divergent to the series at the end.

47 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

I'm still trying to get my thoughts down on Cowboy Bebop Netflix.  I finished it Monday night.  I am not a fan of ending for Season 1 and definitely do not like what they did to Vicious.  I didn't like him when they first showed him and it got worse and worse  as the episodes went on.  The series still leaning towards like for me but it's a lesser like than where I was before after getting through all of it.   I'm still interested in how they're gonna handle season 2 since they decided to make an extreme divergent to the series at the end.

Julia, Ed and Vicious were done horribly dirty. All the fight scenes are gross too

Edited by iStu X

Yeah, I feel they were always destined for this. Unless the live-action series was fantastic, with enough of its own identity and coolness to separate it from the anime, everyone and their mother would be asking "who is this for"? But netflix live adaptations, from what I've heard, are rarely great (if ever). So, I don't know why they even invested time in this.

It's been a decade at least since I saw the Cowboy Bebop anime front to back, but I at least remember it being good and and revered. Unless netflix hit absolute gold here, it was going to be a "why do we need this"?

On 11/24/2021 at 1:35 PM, iStu X said:

Julia, Ed and Vicious were done horribly dirty. All the fight scenes are gross too

Definitely in agreement over Julia and I'm on the fence about Ed cause there truly isn't enough to base a real opinion with. If I'm going with what we got though I'm going to say she looks WEIRD AF and I think the main issue is the hair.  I see what they were trying to do but its wrong and it looks stiff AF...like she got electrocuted or something when thats not really what her hair is like.  As for the actress portrayal for those 30 seconds...that's Ed.  Ed is a weird AF character and she definitely got that across in that limites amount of time.  Nothing she said or how she went about saying it was out of place imo.

Edited by Sonichuman
4 hours ago, NinetiesArcades said:

@Thomas Jefferson removal topic: when the fuck is this 'history washing' crap going to end? The dude is part of the American fucking history, regardless if he is a slave owner or not. Not everything in history is rose-tinted colors. What's next, remove holocaust artifacts also since it triggers certain group?

gtfo GIF 

Funny you should ask.  This just hit my inbox.

https://headlineusa.com/confederate-blm-flags-massacre/?utm_medium=email&fbclid=IwAR2780Ptvq627-KccahT0ExKRzWpKzTzchXv1MkLeMAfCDRFx5i_sceXeP4

If they're going to remove those statues over sins of the past, will they now remove the current statues and/or monuments over sins of the present?  

ohoooo here we go... Donovan is about to get on A&P's case in a minute

*cue typical popcorn gif here... *

Well, earlier I tried to hit up the Publix for a baked chicken or something as my "holiday meal" but it was impossible.  The whole parking lot was filled the hell up, man... I eventually just gave up and stopped by a fast food spot to get something.  

Y'know, I still feel the same about this working from home thing... I *eventually* got used to it, but I'd give this up without a 2nd thought if it meant the whole world going back to normal, with the pandemic just never happening.  The alternate timeline over in "Earth 2" where none of this shit happened is far superior in every way.

...a few days ago, our main application was completely down for quite a while so that was a nice break, at least.  Heh, I remember the good ol' days of working at an office building, those times when the system was down were a bit more special and awesome in that context, imo....we'd just sit around chatting with each other, or reading a magazine, some like me playing portable games, etc. (*not a single day went by where I was at work without some portable, like my PS Vita or later the Switch.)

Edited by MillionX
2 hours ago, Chadouken said:

I don't think there was ever a chance that at least 2 of them wouldn't have been found guilty. Anyone who owns or carries a gun legally should know damn well you can't do what those douchebags did. I will add that it sure would be great if law enforcement and the justice system actually gave a damn about dealing with thieves more harshly. Anyone who's been robbed and had the police or DA respond with a shrug- much less multiple times- can understand how frustrating/enraging it is, particularly even you give them video/fingerprints/etc to no avail. Arabic culture has the right solution to theft- you're not pulling it off and getting caught more than twice 

man, I need more for these Miis to get into... a shame that Nintendo is content to just let them sit around, not being used in anything else at the moment other than Miitopia, Smash and Mario Kart.  Anyway, I'm up to 47 of those little characters at the moment....the latest being another shit-creature I simply named "BrownClown"....it's unfortunate I couldn't make him look more like an actual clown though.  He fits right in with my family of characters, next to Chickenbone, Crapula, Crappy Pappy, Puubes, Pee-Stains, Crackbaby, etc.  

heh, looking thru them again...I forgot about this one, but I made a character out of that fat rapper from the Blue Blockers commercial....no one really remembers that dude but me though, so the reference is sadly lost to time at this point.  There's another where I tried making the face look like a dildo; I just named that one "Adult-Toy" for lack of a cooler name at the moment...ultimately just left it named that way.... "Dildo Daggins" is too many letters, of course.

DSP memes were always a fun source as well; I made a "Mr. Views" as well. (classic Phil quote that became a meme, like everything else he says and does: "...views, views, views... I don't wanna be Mr. Views!")

currently on One Day at a Time--- the episode where this guy who's friendzoned by Barbara has an obvious crush on her, so Schneider gives him some player advice on girls; he gets up the courage to take a shot... of course this won't go well.

Valarie was so damn hot... one of THE hottest girls in television history, imo.  I might make a list of the top contenders, actually...

Edited by MillionX
4 hours ago, HD-Man said:

Glad they're all found guilty, but we ain't out the woods yet. The sentence is gonna show if true justice will be served 

Based on the charge, at minimum they have to serve life (30 years) without parole. 

2 hours ago, MillionX said:

ohoooo here we go... Donovan is about to get on A&P's case in a minute

*cue typical popcorn gif here... *

The point of that channel is to give a reaction from something silly. People say something stupid, it gets a reaction. That would be like asking Charlamagne the God to stop doing Donkey of the Day because "insert X politician" keeps making gaffs. They could stop this by practicing what they preach. 

2 hours ago, Camacho said:

I don't think there was ever a chance that at least 2 of them wouldn't have been found guilty. Anyone who owns or carries a gun legally should know damn well you can't do what those douchebags did. I will add that it sure would be great if law enforcement and the justice system actually gave a damn about dealing with thieves more harshly. Anyone who's been robbed and had the police or DA respond with a shrug- much less multiple times- can understand how frustrating/enraging it is, particularly even you give them video/fingerprints/etc to no avail. Arabic culture has the right solution to theft- you're not pulling it off and getting caught more than twice 

I was expecting Bryans to get off frankly. I agree, there is no reason for this to have occurred.

The only way something that would allow a more permanent punishment is by video evidence. 

of all places though... Best Buy; the surveillance system in there is insane.  I'm just sayin'...if I were "criminally inclined", I'd play it safe and avoid a place like that.  It's like they have cameras looking at you from every possible angle at all times in your average Best Buy store.  These aren't your average dumbass "Deebos" at least...these dudes had a real strategy in play there.

and now... a random piece of Vampire lore I was reading up on recently... the Antedilluvian known as "Saulot", progenitor of the Salubri clan...eventually consumed or "diablerized" by Tremere himself and his clan of mages:

https://whitewolf.fandom.com/wiki/Saulot 

...and no way I'd want to be one of those.  Of all the curses, they have one of the worst deals of all, imo. (*they have a 3rd eye that bleeds if they use their supernatural powers.  To make matters worse...their blood is extra delicious to other vamps...the simple situation of them bleeding can possibly cause a hunger frenzy in others who have hunger level 3 and up.  Ridiculous 😆 There's just no way, man.  That clan is the absolute bottom rank choice of what type I'd want to be in that world.  Terrible.)

Edited by MillionX
35 minutes ago, MillionX said:

of all places though... Best Buy; the surveillance system in there is insane.  I'm just sayin'...if I were "criminally inclined", I'd play it safe and avoid a place like that.  It's like they have cameras looking at you from every possible angle at all times in your average Best Buy store.  These aren't your average dumbass "Deebos" at least...these dudes had a real strategy in play there.

They either been in that store waaaaaaaaaay too often or were employees. They were way too organized 🤣

3 hours ago, MillionX said:

I'm gonna tell you all right now, surveillance in almost any place isn't that good save for a few key points. Those cameras exist to protect the company from liability if someone slips/trips/etc, not to protect the merchandise. Wear non-descript clothing and mask up proper and stay away from the front door/registers. Also, get away on foot and don't park anywhere near the mark. 

Not to mention most surveillance systems can be circumvented by clipping a couple coax cables, which wouldn't trigger an alarm. Motion sensors are another thing, but if they're going in through the ceiling like these guys did, you'll get to those wires before you get into the sensors range.

1 hour ago, VirginDefiler said:

damn Arcane LoL is good.

plus its pretty af. its like watching one of those illustrator art books. but animated.

I just started watching this and the colors and mood remind me a lot fo Joe Mad's Battle Chasers.   Colors are a bit more muted but I'm digging this look all the same.  Netflix should probably just stick to doing VG adaptations because they seem to be getting a better knack for doing than at this moment.

40 minutes ago, Reiraku said:

I'm gonna tell you all right now, surveillance in almost any place isn't that good save for a few key points. Those cameras exist to protect the company from liability if someone slips/trips/etc, not to protect the merchandise. Wear non-descript clothing and mask up proper and stay away from the front door/registers. Also, get away on foot and don't park anywhere near the mark. 

Not to mention most surveillance systems can be circumvented by clipping a couple coax cables, which wouldn't trigger an alarm. Motion sensors are another thing, but if they're going in through the ceiling like these guys did, you'll get to those wires before you get into the sensors range.

This was oddly detailed and specific, u definitely robbed a few joints before 🤣

oh here we GO--- today on the Decades network, there's a ROAST marathon!  It's all those old celebrity roast sessions featuring people like Dean Martin, Jimmy JJ Walker, etc. and the legendary roast-master supreme God DON RICKLES.  The first one that is on now is Jimmy Walker; the guest of honor is Angie Dickinson....and yeah she was still smokin hot back then.

Of course since we're in the modern age of people's little feelings being oh so important they had to put a warning/disclaimer up at the start of this about the humor of that time being obviously "different" or whatever...since y'know, people of today wouldn't be able to handle that particular kind of heat 😆

*damn man... in no time...  by the 2nd or 3rd person to come up to the podium...Dean Martin ALREADY seems drunk and is kinda slurring some of his words 🤣  That fast, bruh?  Not even at the halfway point of that episode?  He probably got started early that night.

oh yeah it's on now... this next episode is for Tele Savalas, and I see Don Rickles is there.

Edited by MillionX
48 minutes ago, Jurassic said:

man, so now this is a tough dilemma for me... I want to catch the mst3k marathon...but I love these celebrity roasts.  I'll be back and forth between these 2 marathons all day, I guess.

Suzanne Somers episode on now...girl was a pure SMOKESHOW...looking so damn fine here.  She's also infamous for managing to parry The Wall for a long time.  She was "grandma age" before she finally started to look noticeably old, actually...and even then she just went into that "fine ass cougar" category at that point.

So, one of the evil parade ramming douche's friends started a go fund me page (which was quickly yanked by the company, surprisingly) to raise bail. What she wrote on it was hilarious considering that the guy is on video doing it, clearly swerving to hit people and flooring the gas to cause maximum damage. 

“On November 21st, 2021 our dear friend [redacted] was arrested for allegedly driving his car into a parade, as someone who knows [redacted] personally I can tell you that he would NEVER do such a thing and I know he is innocent of what he was charged with,” read the fundraiser before it was removed. “Clearly there is more to the story the media is not telling us and I am seeking to raise the bail so [redacted] can be released and speak his truth to his side of the story in this tragic situation that sees another black man behind bars in a purely political and racist trial.”

“There is no excuse for this continued treatment of black Americans by prosecutors around the country, everyone must be presumed innocent until proven guilty and we ask that he be treated equally as anyone else in this country would be treated and he should be released until found guilty,” the fundraiser continued before listing hashtags like “#BLM” and “NoJusticeNoPeace.”

Just made a baller cranberry sauce with fresh squeezed orange juice infused with cinnamon, vanilla, and cloves.

Have a free range turkey marinating in a buttermilk brine in the fridge.

Two kinds of bread, fresh herbs and veg to make stuffing.

Sour cream mashed potatoes and fresh broccoli crowns as additional sides.

Scratch made pastry cream, pate sucree dough, and apples on deck to make a french apple tart for desert.

And all my asshole kids will want to eat today are dino nuggets with ketchup, fml.

1 hour ago, Reticently said:

Just made a baller cranberry sauce with fresh squeezed orange juice infused with cinnamon, vanilla, and cloves.

Have a free range turkey marinating in a buttermilk brine in the fridge.

Two kinds of bread, fresh herbs and veg to make stuffing.

Sour cream mashed potatoes and fresh broccoli crowns as additional sides.

Scratch made pastry cream, pate sucree dough, and apples on deck to make a french apple tart for desert.

And all my asshole kids will want to eat today are dino nuggets with ketchup, fml.

😂😂😂😂😂 Sounds like a great meal you have prepared tho man! I'm cooking some steaks as we decided none of us really like turkey so we're going something else lol! Happy Thanksgiving errybody! 

Piggybacking on your post Reticently...

spacer.png