Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

20 minutes ago, MP_ said:

So here we go, my China story:

That's nuts, I'm glad you were able to get out. Standing up to that guy was probably pretty smart as I'm sure most people are too intimidated to go there and they probably thrive off that. 

When we went thru Beijing on the way to Japan, they tore apart our luggage, and this poor girl in our tour group got yanked aside because she'd brought a pair of fuzzy handcuffs and they were grilling her about why she had handcuffs with her. 

another crazy thing about the Darrell Brooks situation this has brought to light---- so he was already in trouble for allegedly punching out his woman and running her over (apparently the same vehicle, actually)....and yet the bail was super-cheap so he was easily out.  Imagine how unsafe she most likely felt... then again, she was most likely used to it (and attracted to the drama) but you see the issue there....someone assaults you and actually runs you over with a vehicle... then the bail is low so they are out there again; theoretically able to make another attempt on your life later.  Why would you even get a low bail amount after such a thing in the first place?  ...especially a person with criminal history dating back 22 years?

If Netflix Cowboy Bebop had better lines and selected a better Vicious, it'd be way better. They nailed Spike and Jet. Faye doesn't give me that ultra sexy, seductive vibe although the actress IS sexy, but otherwise she's decent.

Kinda wish they'd gotten the original writers more directly involved, although I think they shouldn't have adapted this, I can also see that if they'd took a bit more time with the script and tweaked some actors, shit could have been great possibly 

About 60% through it and I don't hate it, so there's that

Edited by HD-Man
1 hour ago, MP_ said:

Then I did what is honestly one of the dumbest things I've ever done. I stood up, and said, "Look, I can tell you every piece of info in that passport. I know every detail of it, I've had 6 visas issued here in Qingdao, one in Chicago, and one issued here for Korea, where I'm trying to go and I may miss my flight because of your witch hunt. I'm tired, I packed all night, and now I have a headache that you're making worse. Let me catch my flight and you'll never see me again."

BALLS OF STEEL by infernophyte on DeviantArt

1 hour ago, DoctaMario said:

That's nuts, I'm glad you were able to get out. Standing up to that guy was probably pretty smart as I'm sure most people are too intimidated to go there and they probably thrive off that. 

When we went thru Beijing on the way to Japan, they tore apart our luggage, and this poor girl in our tour group got yanked aside because she'd brought a pair of fuzzy handcuffs and they were grilling her about why she had handcuffs with her. 

Not really. You just don't talk to people that can throw you in jail in China like that. Lie if you have to, play back on your heels, but never get confrontational. They know they have the power of the CCP behind them to trump up whatever charges, put them through, put you in a kangaroo court, and send you away until they can use you for a bargaining chip from your government.

I was tired, in pain, and angry, and that kinda of mixes into sheer stupidity which thankfully resolved with dumb luck that he knew he had nothing he could hold me for, that he was just trying to scare the shit out of me, and realized he sufficiently did so.

56 minutes ago, MillionX said:

another crazy thing about the Darrell Brooks situation this has brought to light---- so he was already in trouble for allegedly punching out his woman and running her over (apparently the same vehicle, actually)....and yet the bail was super-cheap so he was easily out.  Imagine how unsafe she most likely felt... then again, she was most likely used to it (and attracted to the drama) but you see the issue there....someone assaults you and actually runs you over with a vehicle... then the bail is low so they are out there again; theoretically able to make another attempt on your life later.  Why would you even get a low bail amount after such a thing in the first place?  ...especially a person with criminal history dating back 22 years?

Has to do with the prosecution office I believe or maybe the states. They asked for a lower bail for some weird reason. Maybe he knew someone

Currently on VH-1... Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom!  

For a long time, this was my absolute #1 movie... it still ranks high with me.  I remember this was one of those movies that I would watch over and over as a kid... I was obsessed with it.  Right now, it's at the part where Indy stole the Shankarra stones, then noticed the child slaves in the other area, ultimately getting caught....I happened to notice this was on right in time to see the human sacrifice scene, where that dude got his heart ripped out and lowered into the lava.

I still love absolutely everything about this film....the action scenes, the way every scene is shot, the main villain, that incredible soundtrack I've listened to countless times now, etc.  It would not be until many years later that I was surprised to find out that a lot of Indiana Jones fans didn't like this one that much.  It's tough to even pinpoint which scene I enjoy the most, actually....ha, ever since the days when that was a new movie, there would be so many times I'd quote the movie with my friends in random situations; "Drop them, Dr. Jones!  They will be found!  YOUUU WON'T!"

There was an arcade game of Temple of Doom; most people probably forgot it exists.  Sadly, it wasn't that great though.

"SOON... Kali Ma will rule the world."

Edited by MillionX

When I was little, most kids thought it was the "worst" of the original Indy trilogy. Now that Crystal Skull exists, time has been kinder to TOD. 

I think people hold it in a lower regard because of the child slavery element and the gore/gross out stuff. Also I'd wager that more people being Christian in America would relate to the Judeo-Christian macguffins like the Ark or Grail more than Hindu ones. 

TOD has Willie who is kinda annoying and can't hold a candle to Marion.  

Well, Willie is the 1 point of critique I could understand, actually... that character is kind of annoying, but not enough to put me off at least.  haha kinda lame if people were put off by the gore, considering Raiders had the legendary face-melting scene....which is still one of the coolest visuals in the history of film, imo....I guess for some people, watching a heart ripped out is worse?

ooh, now it's on the railcart scene; as a kid I kept thinking that would be so much fun...like there should have been a ride at an amusement park based on that scene.  In fact, I *think* there was something similar I remember from Opryland back in the day... I can't remember the name of it though.  

ohhhhhh now The Goonies is up next!  This is a "Throwback Marathon" they're doing here, I see....

oh yes, and there's my honey Kerri Green...yesssssss

Approve South Park GIF

Edited by MillionX

Raiders of the Lost Ark is on... they're already on the part where he met Marian... Karen Allen was a FINE piece.  She's still around, btw; she's 70 now.

There's also an unforgettable upskirt shot on her...another moment in a movie that would help develop that into being a "thing" for me.  The other major one was JoBeth Williams' t-shirt/panty scene from Poltergeist...and there was a couple of good glimpses up Kerri Green's skirt in The Goonies.

They'll repeat Temple of Doom again after this, then Die Hard is later at 1:30 pm (CST)

edit--interesting thing; I wouldn't learn until much later about that 1 aspect of the plot actually being based on reality... the Nazis and Hitler in particular were indeed in search of any kind of mysterious, supernatural/occult-related artifacts they could find, apparently.

*I forgot that a young Alfred Molina was in this too...his character didn't survive that long though.  Oh yeah... and John Rhys-Davies would go on to be that guy that starred in the show Sliders.

Edited by MillionX
6 hours ago, DangerousJ said:

When I was little, most kids thought it was the "worst" of the original Indy trilogy. Now that Crystal Skull exists, time has been kinder to TOD. 

I think people hold it in a lower regard because of the child slavery element and the gore/gross out stuff. Also I'd wager that more people being Christian in America would relate to the Judeo-Christian macguffins like the Ark or Grail more than Hindu ones. 

My only issues with Temple of Doom are bad pacing, the first half of that movie is all over the place, everything to do with the life raft, people cry major fowl at Crystal Skulls fridge but have nothibg to say about Dooms fucking life raft scenes that are far far worse then the Fridge imo just from length alone, and Willie. I fuuuuuuucking hate Willie and refuse to believe a man like Indy could put up with such an obnoxious self centered annoying woman for very long. 

Otherwise like the rest of Jones films it's pretty dope. 

Edited by RSG3
6 hours ago, DangerousJ said:

Most kids imagined themselves as Willie. Wtf city did you live in? Yall got 8 yr old movie critics? 😂

Willie sold the fuck outta that movie to kids because they imagined they could be a sidekick to indy. 

51 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Most kids imagined themselves as Willie. Wtf city did you live in? Yall got 8 yr old movie critics? 😂

Willie sold the fuck outta that movie to kids because they imagined they could be a sidekick to indy. 

Pretty sure you mean Shortround. Willie was the blond show singer who spends the whole movie screaming and complaining. 

Shortround is the little Asian kid. 

Also am.i confused he doesn't mention kids at all in the post you quoted. 

Edited by RSG3
37 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Pretty sure you mean Shortround. Willie was the blond show singer who spends the whole movie screaming and complaining. 

Shortround is the little Asian kid. 

Also am.i confused he doesn't mention kids at all in the post you quoted. 

For some reason I thought that his real name was Willie lmfao. But you right. 

But yeah Shortround made kids love that movie 

23 hours ago, Chadouken said:

Copped an OLED for Black Friday. The picture is absolutely disgusting, and gaming at 120 FPS on my PS5 is literally a game changer. Hype af right now.

I thought about it, but I was worried about burn in. I ended up snagging a Samsung QN90A. Which has a big downside, only one of the four HDMI inputs is 2.1, I wish we got the Euro version of this TV. It's the same exact TV with all four ports being HDMI 2.1. Now I can get bodied in the Crucible at 120fps too 🙃

Edited by Darc_Requiem
On 11/28/2021 at 12:48 PM, axeman61 said:

Back from vacation. Other than getting towed and some possible drama that may spring from my rental car, it was great. @Deadly_Raveryour suggestion for Hutchins BBQ was spot on. I just wish I could have tried Pecan Lodge when I went to the Dallas area.

Sorry, but that wasn't me.  All the same, I'm glad you enjoyed your trip..........well, other than getting towed that is.  

Cyber Monday approaches, and the hunt for a new Laptop computer will soon commence.  For this one, the end is nigh.  Farewell soldier.  Stand down from duty for soon you will rest forever.

Edited by Deadly_Raver

I watched it yet again when they repeated earlier... looking back and since this is fresh on my mind; I'm not sure the character "Willie" would work or be that entertaining any other way, really.  She was an amusing contrast to Indy's personality.

Between her and Marian I'd definitely go for Marian though; both are pretty damn fine looks-wise but of course Marian's personality is overall better; not as seemingly high-maintenance, not as prone to freaking out over the smallest thing.

One of my many favorite scenes-- when Indy snapped out of that spell, and got Willie out of the cage, as they were ready to go: "Yeah let's get out of here... ALL of us."... then it cuts to another scene of all those kids in the mine; the camera pans over to show Indy standing there in the way, ready to shut that operation down and save those kids... as more awesome John Williams music is prominent here as usual...yeah here it is:

^HELL yeah, man.

Die Hard was on earlier; I caught the end of it a little while ago... I had forgotten about that cool scene at the end where one of the bad guys popped up again for that "one last shot..." kinda thing that bad guys tend to do at the end of an action movie....and it was CARL WINSLOW with the Play of the Game to drop that bastard...yeah; that villain thought he had the drop but nah, not on his watch, folks.  Man, vh-1 has really taken me back to some good ol' memories today.  Currently, they're showing Coming to America, though I'm not really up for that at the moment.

Edited by MillionX

interesting... I randomly looked up Rachel from Fox & Friends a little while ago and found out that she was on an old season of The Real World---it was the San Francisco season, which most people remember for Pedro and Puck.  So...she's also quite a bit older than I thought then; 50?!? [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rachel_Campos-Duffy] All this time seeing her recently in the mornings, I thought she was much younger than that...I would've guessed around 32 - 35, something like that..  Time has definitely been good to her; she's managing to parry The Wall for an impressive amount of time.  I had forgotten about her; I was watching RW/RR back then on a regular basis.... each season always had some seriously hot girls on there.

*yep, I remember now that I've looked up some clips... yeah she was one of my favorites back then....girl was smokin'....and still gorgeous now, imo.

She's also married to another former Real World/Road Rules person-- Sean, who was from the Boston season; I actually do remember that guy now.

Edited by MillionX

Welp I learned smashers were calling Terry's power geiser a pretzel motion because irs difficult for them. Lmfao this is dumb hilarious because I used to spam that at 13.  How the fuck is qtr circle b, d/b F hard?? Cvs2 wasn't even strict about it so it was straight up two qtr circles in opposing directions. 

heh, I remember it was easy to see right away that Ariana would hit big... she had that winning combo of being ridiculously cute/hot + having some actual talent, and already had a show on Nickelodeon to use as a springboard to her inevitable fame.

On another note---sure would be nice if another major "Fappening" happened again with the latest crop of hot celebs.  The day of that... I remember I just happened to be off work that day and surfing the net as usual, and it was legendary.  There's still a "fappening" website if I recall but I haven't checked it in a long time; eventually it juts became like any other "random celeb pictures" kinda site...mostly papparazzi and instagram pics.

Angryman is live with another good topic at the moment (tonight it appears to be touching on the "crabs in a barrel" mentality that sadly permeates the tribe; I'd bet money it will be that way literally forever, btw....shit reminds me of numerous people I've known)...always with that harsh, ugly truth about certain things.  

51 minutes ago, MillionX said:

heh, I remember it was easy to see right away that Ariana would hit big... she had that winning combo of being ridiculously cute/hot + having some actual talent, and already had a show on Nickelodeon to use as a springboard to her inevitable fame.

On another note---sure would be nice if another major "Fappening" happened again with the latest crop of hot celebs.  The day of that... I remember I just happened to be off work that day and surfing the net as usual, and it was legendary.  There's still a "fappening" website if I recall but I haven't checked it in a long time; eventually it juts became like any other "random celeb pictures" kinda site...mostly papparazzi and instagram pics.

Angryman is live with another good topic at the moment (tonight it appears to be touching on the "crabs in a barrel" mentality that sadly permeates the tribe; I'd bet money it will be that way literally forever, btw....shit reminds me of numerous people I've known)...always with that harsh, ugly truth about certain things.  

She was gonna be big because she shariganed Mariah careys voice. I almost think everyone forgot she straight tried to hijack her whole style originally lmfao. But dressed up like some sorta Lolita  anime girl til she was 25. It's a big reason why I can't find her attractive.. She spent too long trying to look like a fucking 12 yr old that's all I see and I'm not even trying to remotely think of her as sexy in any way

Edited by Maxx
27 minutes ago, Maxx said:

At minimum I'm pretty sure you know who Ariana Grande and Kim Kardashian are

Knowing they exist doesn’t mean I know what they look like. You underestimate how much I don’t give a fuck about celebrities and/or musicians. 

Edited by iStu X