Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

11 hours ago, BB_Hoody said:

Well this year is off to a legendary start. Does this make Trump worse than Andrew Jackson? 

Woodrow Wilson was the worst Prez ever.

edit on a lighter note:

IMG_20210107_2238316.jpg?width=410&heigh

my last X-Mas Gift came in...A new chair! that hard flat padded folding chair is what I have been using for at least 2 years now...I never bothered to get one sooner because I was at work so much I rarely sat at my home desk. It's not flashy like those gamer chairs but real talk those chairs are a meme. 

Edited by TheInfernoman
42 minutes ago, DrLariat said:

So his trump card is conceding and cowering....

Eh. Today was a good day. Jollibee has some of the best chicken. Fight  me

No, he never cowers and he never gives up. It could be the insurrection act or something. It's not done yet. I'm not worried. Even if he doesn't get his second term, I would still feel alright about it. I feel he has a backup plan. A serious person who knows the Art of War like Trump has this all planned out. Everything is calculated down to the smallest detail. It's all working according to his plan which includes the dumb shit that the traitors are doing. I'm pretty sure there will be civil war if he doesn't become President since the patriots will get really mad. I'm sure the military will not support Biden since the military loves Trump so much. Many of the corrupt politicians will not be able to go out in public now since they will be targeted. They will actually prefer jail for safety.

Edited by Lord Vega
3 hours ago, TheInfernoman said:

Woodrow Wilson was the worst Prez ever.

edit on a lighter note:

IMG_20210107_2238316.jpg?width=410&heigh

my last X-Mas Gift came in...A new chair! that hard flat padded folding chair is what I have been using for at least 2 years now...I never bothered to get one sooner because I was at work so much I rarely sat at my home desk. It's not flashy like those gamer chairs but real talk those chairs are a meme. 

I had one like this, I think I know the general one you got.

I currently use a Secret Lab gaming chair, and it's pretty much the best chair I've ever owned. The best I've sat in are Steelcase and Herman Miller ones at work, but they cost thousands and while they're good they're not THAT good.

I think for regular people, $300 or so for a Secret Lab is the best they can get. I wouldn't call it a meme at all.

Prior to that I'd buy Amazon Basics chairs every couple of years. They're okay but certainly aren't as solidly built as others. What's annoying about office chairs is there's really cheap and really expensive, and no real grades in between. The racing chairs try to be that middle ground, but we'd probably all be better off if Steelcase and Herman Miller had realistic prices instead of absurd price gouging. There's no way that tech is worth THAT much. They should cost as much as the racing chairs do.

3 hours ago, Lord Vega said:

No, he never cowers and he never gives up. It could be the insurrection act or something. It's not done yet. I'm not worried. Even if he doesn't get his second term, I would still feel alright about it. I feel he has a backup plan. A serious person who knows the Art of War like Trump has this all planned out. Everything is calculated down to the smallest detail. It's all working according to his plan which includes the dumb shit that the traitors are doing. I'm pretty sure there will be civil war if he doesn't become President since the patriots will get really mad. I'm sure the military will not support Biden since the military loves Trump so much. Many of the corrupt politicians will not be able to go out in public now since they will be targeted. They will actually prefer jail for safety.

Since politics are a no-no here I'll just say this. If Trump pulls off a miraculous victory then consider investing in oil company stock. In particular companies that plan to drill in the USA.

I personally would not recommend a gaming chair, but people should get what makes them happy.

This is from a respected tech Youtube channel -- their videos can be long but they always go pretty in-depth.  Worth a look.

I generally try to stay away from anything labeled 'gaming'.  There are plenty of good office chairs out there.  Similarly, I use studio headphones + a good mic rather than any sort of 'gaming' headset for my audio setup.

I'm also seeing a bit of politics creep into here again.  Please stop.  Thanks.

17 minutes ago, Red Rock Candy said:

Since politics are a no-no here I'll just say this. If Trump pulls off a miraculous victory then consider investing in oil company stock. In particular companies that plan to drill in the USA.

BRUH.  Yesterday I was out and I kid you not, the local gas station was selling it for a buck a gallon.  I had thought it was just me but my buddy saw it too.  We decided to go back and ask for the sake of it.  Sure enough, it was as the sign had said.  Automatically filled up on the spot. 

14 minutes ago, misterBee said:

I personally would not recommend a gaming chair, but people should get what makes them happy.

This is from a respected tech Youtube channel -- their videos can be long but they always go pretty in-depth.  Worth a look.

I generally try to stay away from anything labeled 'gaming'.  There are plenty of good office chairs out there.  Similarly, I use studio headphones + a good mic rather than any sort of 'gaming' headset for my audio setup.

I'm also seeing a bit of politics creep into here again.  Please stop.  Thanks.

good vid.  

Pretty much the only real reason to buy one of those chairs is for looks.  I personally can't see any significant advantage one offers over the other, but to each his own.

ha, imagine the results if the crew over at Netherealm Studios was designing those KOF games... or at least one person in particular.... all the girls would be fully clothed with drastically reduced curves, since attractive female characters in games are apparently a "gross" thing to people like that.  At this point I just enjoy laughing at the absurdity of it all.... I also look forward to whenever they post a new youtube vid/stream as well for the gold that can be found later in the comments section... it's always a noticeable % of the comments about that particular person. 🤣  It cracks me up every time.  Sometimes it looks like the other guys and the company in general are effectively being held hostage, and they lost any hope of a rescue a long time ago.

ha, imagine that team working on a Soul Calibur... suddenly we got Ivy looking more like Lena Dunham with baggy cargo pants, a plain sweater and a baseball cap. 😄

Edited by MillionX
31 minutes ago, KimuraLOX said:

That's not peace, that depression.

spacer.png

No. I also feel good emotions and think good thoughts and hardly feel bad ones. You will know what I am talking about when you experience it. I am just a really calm guy now. Most things don't bother me or they entertain me. Sometimes I do feel great though.

Edited by Lord Vega
13 hours ago, Lord Vega said:

I'm pretty detached and don't feel and think much. I'm not very affected by things anymore. It's peace to be like this. 

This song goes well when one's feeling like that or for out of body experiences it. Maybe it will help you go all the way. If you know what I mean 😉

Edited by AriesWarlock
35 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

This song goes well when one's feeling like that or for out of body experiences it. Maybe it will help you go all the way!

It seems you know what I am talking about. Your username is a clue. Hmm. In a way, I don't exist. The Creator's original form is Non-Existence. 

I astral projected once recently. It was interesting. I went to some island fortress prison in the middle of the ocean somewhere. 

Edited by Lord Vega
1 minute ago, KingTubb said:

Yeah, it's getting tiresome that every other day feels like it's going to be a chapter in a history textbook in 10 years. 

So not only can I tell my kids that I lived through 2012, I can tell them I lived through 2016 onwards. I guess that's what we deserve. Remember the calm we had from 2013-2015? Nothing happened, we were prospering, games were coming out and sports were being played. A few years of relaxation that we didn't even optimally enjoy. Take us back.

Edited by Dayaan

I was just watching a clip on instagram from that day... it showed 1 officer getting backed further into the building and up the stairs by a crowd of these loons.. the smug look on the face of the main guy in front of the crowd was oddly amusing to me... like I would absolutely laugh if he learned the hard way why this stupid for various reasons.

It took quite some time for that officer to receive some backup, by the way...that crowd should've been met immediately with a squad that had weapons drawn...at the very least those tasers that can hit ya from a distance. (though a whole crowd like that would likely require gas or rubber bullets instead...taser seems like more of a thing for dealing with a lone threat.)

sheeeittt, I was thinking the raid on Area 51 would've ended up the same way... I was ready to watch some morons learn something "the hard way" that day.  haha "nothing will happen to us..." Ohhh is that what you guys think? 🤣  They would've/should've been lit the hell up FAST for barging into a place like that.

45 minutes ago, Lord Vega said:

I find the chaos entertaining. I know that it's all for the best.

Because of AriesWarlock I decided to listen to this album: 

Eh, the latter albums of Tristania are divisory, many fans don't like the route they took after the mastermind behind the band left. And then the vocalist left, she was a key member in making them stand out back then. I would recommend starting with the album Beyond the Veil for that feeling of mysticism, despair, existentialism accompanied by great melodies and the wonderful voice of Vibekke Stene

foto_1_bild.jpg

^ 2:23 👌. She hit those notes so harmonically from 5:17 🤩. @KingTubbI don't know if you listen to mellower, symphonic stuff like this. Just throwing it out there.

Edited by AriesWarlock
22 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

I don't know if you listen to mellower, symphonic stuff like this. Just throwing it out there.

Not really my scene, necessarily, but it's not bad. I don't really listen to any metal/heavy rock that has a lot of guttural screaming. They seem to mix in a lot of choir singing which I like, but probably not for the right reasons🤣

Have we ever talked about the HU? That's some orchestral metal that I get down to. 

46 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

Not really my scene, necessarily, but it's not bad. I don't really listen to any metal/heavy rock that has a lot of guttural screaming. They seem to mix in a lot of choir singing which I like, but probably not for the right reasons🤣

Have we ever talked about the HU? That's some orchestral metal that I get down to. 

Only listened to the song that popularized them. Was kinda cool

2 hours ago, KingTubb said:

Yeah man, I really miss being oblivious to the world and being a total shit-ass douche!

Actually, I look back on that and cringe. Especially cause I work with college students so I'm forced to reflect on the total human turd I was for a couple years

Yeah I figured that out too about myself. It's a maturation process. It's also why I don't really argue online anymore, I kind of just realized how stupid it is to do so. Now tbh, a lot of it was from friends that would egg me on to troll who I no longer am friends with, but a lot of it was also immaturity and just mostly on SRK at the time. There's so much stupid on the internet in general though, because it's a lot of dumb angry young men, and it just kind of feeds into each other.

The vast majority of young men are obnoxious, although especially white men, since they realize they have immense privilege. That's only gotten worse the last few years obviously.

I actually would have preferred to be a kind person throughout, but most dickholes take that as a sign of weakness and try to trample over you, if you then fight back they all start screaming what a jerk you are and will try to gang up on you. Better to deter them by showing force from the get go and giving the impression that you'll fuck them up if they look at you sideways and mock them if they ask you for a favor.

And I didn't even mention girls. Young women are the absolute worst human beings of all. They encourage men to be complete pricks and assert dominance over each other. Most of my absolute worst behavior was because of some dumb random bitch that I won't have even had sex with, and even if I had, I'd cringe about it today.

I don't want people to get it twisted, but there really need to be controls on young people, especially young women. Can't just have young people acting out on their own, they're much too stupid and their brains too undeveloped for that to work well. Schools obviously do not work either. I can kind of get why Plato thought young people should be basically taken away from their homes and trained by the State in facilities to make them decent human beings. But then you can't really trust the State either, so there's really no good solution, as great as Socrates mind is, I don't think he hit it there.

1 minute ago, Angel said:

First cvs had some great stages.  The arcade/rain one and construction site were my favorites

tumblr_c20c1056d199f5c817b304fcd5b8babd_5a8853e0_1280.gif

If I recall correctly that is the "Deserted Chateau" stage I think. This brings back memories. Back in the day I mod chipped a Dreamcast so I could play imports and I had that special edition of CvS1 that had Joe and Dan. I miss the Dreamcast and fighting games. I spent $200 back during Steams black Friday sale on Fighting Games and haven't even played them yet. This summer I'll have the time to dust off the stick and play.

Also, what is the best streaming service to watch Dragon Ball Super?