Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

The vaccines aren't stopping shit. Places with an extremely high vax rate are in the same boat- hell, I just read that there was an outbreak at a fucking Antarctic research station (where in addition to being isolated beyond supply drops, everyone is vaxxed: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-59848160 ).  Maybe they're offering some level of protection- though I know a bunch of people who got the wu-flu without a vaccine that had a mild case, including one co-worker who is old, smokes a ton, drinks every day, chugs red bull constantly, and is generally unhealthy as possible. We're stuck with it now, and really the only valid people to blame are the fuckers who created it by doing research they were specifically prohibited from doing here precisely because it was likely to start a pandemic due to accidental release ( https://nypost.com/2021/10/21/nih-admits-us-funded-gain-of-function-in-wuhan-despite-faucis-repeated-denials/ ). Clinging to this whole notion that people hesitant to get the vaccine are to blame is completely ridiculous based on everything we know now. 

I got the damn shot myself, but I guess pointing these facts out makes me "anti-vax" now.

I just had some Reese’s peanut butter cups for the first time since starting my diet back in May. The only reason I did it was because I needed the carbs since it’s been so busy today.

I wish I hadn’t. Probably the most disgusting thing I’ve had in recent memory since my diet. 

I’m so use protein snacks or berries satiating my sweet tooth that I can’t go back to actual candy. It’s absolutely disgusting to me. 

Edited by iStu X
19 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

My unvaccinated cousin is in the hospital fighting for his life. So I'm staying out of it. So this goes for everyone. Any further comment and I'm not holding back. 

Similar situation with my in-laws. It's infuriating seeing these comments but most of these people have their mind made up before the conversation even begins, so why even bother trying to convince them anything. They're gone. 

59 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

Damn, that's a bummer. He was a big part of my childhood. My brothers and I would come home from school and watch Full House every day.  The first one to laugh would get punched.

Dude's stand-up was on point  RIP

I became familiar  with him through Full House before I saw his act. I was more impressed with his acting after that. I had no idea he was a "dirty" comic. I was like "Damn, Danny Tanner is raw."

I finally got to see The King's Man today.

Pros:

Action scenes

Irreverence-when its there

Rhys Ifans as Rasputin. Its weird but it works. He is arguably the most "Kingsman" character in the whole movie.

Cool use of real world events woven around a fictional tale

Cons:

Much, much too serious.  I felt like I was watching some kind of Nolan or serious documentary for long stretches. War is a serious subject, but I almost thought that I was watching a totally different series. (There were some "wacky" scenes here and there, but it's too little to late)

Pacing. It felt like a 2hr 20 min movie when it was only 2 hours.

The relationship between Fiennes character and his son Conrad isn't as entertaining or interesting as between Eggsy and Harry. The other 2 main characters , Polly and Shola, are entertaining in terms of action and some one liners, but they get no real character development. 

Overall:  Of the 5 Matthew Vaughn films I've now watched, this is a mildly decent film. However, I have really liked most of Vaughn's work and I feel this is the "worst" of the Kingsman series and arguably worst in general. 

7/10

For reference...

Kick - Ass - 8.5/10

X-men: First Class:  8.5/10

Kingsman: Secret Service - 8.5/10

Kingsman: Golden Circle - 7.5/10

Edited by DangerousJ

Extremely sad to hear about the Bob Saget. Low key one of the raunchiest comedians ever.  I remember watching one of his first sets after he started doing stand up again in the mid-aughts. I was laughing more at the audiences shock and horror at his material than his actual material as no one realized he would be the sort of comedian he always had been. 

Really is a shame. I guess he missed hanging out with Norm too much and decided to join him in the thereafter. I guess being best friends since their late teens will do that. 

those two chunks of coal were real pistols 

Edited by iStu X

haha remember when Amanda Seales said Jussie Smollett was "low-key noble" for falsely reporting a hate crime?  Heh, mannn those were the days.  I bet she hopes people forgot about that shit.  I haven't seen her in quite some time though... she's no longer on that show "The Talk" or whatever it was with Adrienne Bailon.... Adrienne is one fine ass piece, btw... and still looking good despite being close to 40 at this point.  Her friend Julissa Bermudez is smokin too; I kept tabs on them for years.... a shame that Julissa isn't more famous than she currently is.

AM has surprisingly left some streams up lately... I was getting caught up with this one

Edited by MillionX
2 hours ago, Deadly_Raver said:

Oh yeah.  An idea just came to mind.

Dracula, Frankenstein, and the wolfman 

VS.

Freddy, Michael, and Jason (You know the ones)

VS.

The Predator (THE MOVIE ONE!! Smartasses....) The Alien, and the Terminator!  

Which team will reign supreme?

Right from the start, sadly I must admit that Dracula has a rather weak team here, relatively speaking; he's carrying, basically.  Team Horror Slashers has a good lineup; Freddy in particular is a gamebreaker IF a battle takes place in Dreamland where he's a god.  Jason doesn't have any obvious magical things like that going on but he's pretty much unstoppable....like if a zombie/revenant was "Doomsday" from DC.

Team Sci-Fi/Horror---even their "weak" link Alien/Xenomorph is a powerful wild card that has acid blood as a "feature".  Predator has intelligence and sophisticated tech/weapons on his side... and Terminator is another one that is borderline unstoppable......oh yeah this comes down to a pretty good match between the Slasher team and the Sci-Fi Horrors, I'd say... if it takes place in reality instead of Dreamland, that drastically weakens what Freddy is capable of, obviously.... yeah I'd lean towards Predator/Alien/Terminator eventually taking the win. 

*ah, and I was assuming the T-800....that's probably the "default" most people think of when thinking about "The Terminator".... it just hit me that this may become more lopsided if we were to include the T-1000 in the mix.  heh, I wonder how many people even remember the other types of Terminators in the lore...most probably just remember the 800, the 1000 and the female model from part 3 (the "T-X" I think was the name?)  

14 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Best guess assuming I do have it... I'm more athletic than the others so maybe it's running through their system faster. Two friends who got it for sure are on the fatty/unhealthier side. 

This is totally a bro science guess. 

You're a shinobi with plot armor. 

Seriously due to your health and fitness level you're more in shape than others I take it so that helps. It's almost like eating right and staying in shape helps you handle a variety of things.