Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

In a weird way, I want that to be true. It's hilarious. But I stopped reading Media Take Out (seems that's the main article people reference) a while back over them posting unverified shit and basically fluffing small shit into big stories. Basically, they're the hood We Got This Covered (if you know about them). I really hope that's true though.

Edited by axeman61
2 hours ago, MillionX said:

Right from the start, sadly I must admit that Dracula has a rather weak team here, relatively speaking; he's carrying, basically.  Team Horror Slashers has a good lineup; Freddy in particular is a gamebreaker IF a battle takes place in Dreamland where he's a god.  Jason doesn't have any obvious magical things like that going on but he's pretty much unstoppable....like if a zombie/revenant was "Doomsday" from DC.

Team Sci-Fi/Horror---even their "weak" link Alien/Xenomorph is a powerful wild card that has acid blood as a "feature".  Predator has intelligence and sophisticated tech/weapons on his side... and Terminator is another one that is borderline unstoppable......oh yeah this comes down to a pretty good match between the Slasher team and the Sci-Fi Horrors, I'd say... if it takes place in reality instead of Dreamland, that drastically weakens what Freddy is capable of, obviously.... yeah I'd lean towards Predator/Alien/Terminator eventually taking the win. 

*ah, and I was assuming the T-800....that's probably the "default" most people think of when thinking about "The Terminator".... it just hit me that this may become more lopsided if we were to include the T-1000 in the mix.  heh, I wonder how many people even remember the other types of Terminators in the lore...most probably just remember the 800, the 1000 and the female model from part 3 (the "T-X" I think was the name?)  

I don't know if the alien/xenomorph can be counted as a weak link, especially if they all work as a team.  IMO it will be the fastest one on the field.  Frankenstein's monster ain't even being looked at for this part.  I have a feeling that Dracula would be ineffective against a singular xeno and don't let it be more than one.  GGPO.

I don't know if those things even feel fear, but if they do then MAYBE freddy can get some work in.  If not, GGPO.

Mike/Jason  They're good on defense since they apparently can't be killed and they might be okay fighting the xeno.  I don't know how much damage acid blood will do to their bodies, but if they try stabbing the xeno it'll have to be a kill shot.  Either way they lose the blades for that.  

I guess going with the T-800 is good since it's the one that showed up in almost all the movies.  I guess we'll strip him down to current weapons.  Still, the T-800 is stupid tough.  They can beat a truck to death  (T3) survive all kinds of damage, (T1-T3) and their future backed knowledge could be a game changer.  I'm sure a T-800 can go hand-to-hand with Jason and Mike, and since I've never seen Frankenstein's monster show more than roid strength.  Drac and Wolfie better get it on before the break of dawn or else......AND NO BITING BITCHES!!!  

Predator Vs. Frankenstein..............

KuTyuw9.gif

Sorry, but he's gonna put that pain on the oldschoolers.  Frankie ain't dodging no shoulder cannons and I don't think either drac nor wolfie can do anything other than dodge.  Unless you're getting Count Magnus lee involved, Vampires ain't getting much love unless they can give the Predator a pain in the neck.  Wolfie?  He's been dealing with wilder animals than you and one is on his team.  

Freddy might get in.  I don't know how he does dodging bullets, but in dreamworld he'll get it on.  Mike and Jason might go toe-to-toe with the pred IF they can get in on him.  That range game + Stealth attack is gonna be hell to deal with when you're used to being the hunter, not the hunted.

The more I think about it, poor frankenstein was really just a monster of his time.  I wouldn't want to face him in the ring, but if I can range him, he's gonna end up burned out literally.  Dracula might have to seriously carry for that team seriously.

7 hours ago, Deadly_Raver said:

Oh yeah.  An idea just came to mind.

Dracula, Frankenstein, and the wolfman 

VS.

Freddy, Michael, and Jason (You know the ones)

VS.

The Predator (THE MOVIE ONE!! Smartasses....) The Alien, and the Terminator!  

Which team will reign supreme?

I think it would be more interesting to make three teams using one member from each group and try to get them as even as possible.

3 hours ago, TheInfernoman said:

IMG_4863.jpg

MEME (Metal) MONDAY! 

context for the unaware

Birth of the new wave

The big recession at the beginning of 1990 left the people of Finland feeling frustrated and angry. They needed a new music genre to vent their anger and frustration through, and they turned to heavy metal music.

Groups like Amorphis started expressing their darker feelings through heavier music. Lyrics talked about suicide, lost loves and ruined lives, and the soundscape was dark and gloomy as well. Heavy metal music in Finland took off.

The golden era

Towards the end of the 1990s and the start of the 2000s, the popularity of heavy metal music spread abroad. Several Finnish heavy metal bands become internationally successful and sold millions of records all around the world.

Eurovision winner

In 2006 Finland did something that no-one would ever have imagined: they sent a monster heavy metal band called Lordi to the Eurovision song contest. The band, dressed up as monsters, shocked and entertained Europeans so much that they became the first Finnish group to win Eurovision.

Why is it so popular?

No one can really pin down why heavy metal music became and remains so popular in Finland (and worldwide). Some people think it’s due to the long and dark Finnish winter. It could be because it’s enjoyed by all ages - as well as adult/millennial metal bands, there are also metal bands aimed at children. Hevisaurus, for example, have recently dominated the kids heavy music scene, producing heavy metal musicals, a film and several albums - or perhaps it is simply because it makes people happier!

How Finland Has Embraced Heavy Metal Music

Professor Esa Lijla of Helsinki University recently spoke to CNN‘s Richard Quest about why he thinks Finns love heavy metal.

He said (see video below): “We are a small country. Such a small country that many times, we only have one thing at a time. So, let’s say, in the ’80s, it was heavy metal; in the ’90s, it certainly wasn’t heavy metal — it was Euro-dance pop. Nowadays, it seems that heavy metal is more or less in the popular mainstream.

“We have private music schools, which are funded by government mostly,” he continued. “The ideal behind that was that everyone should be able to learn music in a high level, if they wanted.”

When the interviewer pointed out that Finland’s love of headbanging heavy metal music appears to be counterculture to everything else the country is known for, Lijla responded: “It’s a bit like a myth that also maybe Finnish musicians, or Finnish people in general, like to think or like to advertise that we are a strange country and strange people living in the woods.”

Back in 2013, Slate reported that Finland had the most heavy metal bands per capita in the world. While Sweden and Norway were said to have had only 27 heavy metal bands per 100,000 inhabitants, Finland boasted double as much, 54 bands per 100,000.

Some even claimed that Finland was the only country in the world where metal was “mainstream,” and people actually studied Finnish and Norwegian to better understand heavy metal music.

People have speculated that the climate in Finland, which is characterized by cold, and sometimes severe, winters and relatively warm summers, has contributed to the population’s disproportionately high interest in heavier forms of rock. Says the A Metal State Of Mind web site: “When someone is surrounded by cold and dark for long periods of time, it is only natural that some form of depression will start to set in. And how do many Finns combat this depression, release the negative energy, and make themselves feel more positive? Well, I can’t think of one form of music more tailored to the release of the negative more than metal.”

SIX MONTHS OF ETERNAL DARKNESS, NO RAYS OF SUN COMING IN !!

rock-rock-on.gif

Total Drama had a scene with the goths talking about Finland

I suppose many bands do have pics in the woods 😆

CF6FGCU2LkLLDBvMdyuqZP-1200-80.jpg

7 hours ago, HD-Man said:

This man Drake allegedly put hot sauce in his condoms after he finishes using them. An IG called herself trying to use the sperm to get pregnant and found a nice hot suprise, now she wants to sue. Legend 😂😂

Making sure Pusha-T don't have any more ammunition 🤣

1 hour ago, Sonichuman said:

I just feel like Bay is going to make this generic...I don't see him doing a good job on this.

Either it'll be good or terribad. There isn't even a good reason to do this. 

Edited by OPTIMUS124

The Dark Shadows Report!  "Business has damn sure picked up, folks" as JR would say... so Barnabas "died" and they moved the body to a mausoleum... Angelique went in there to stake him through the heart since she knows what he has become now.... of course he reached up and grabbed her before she could hammer the stake down thru his heart!

Oh he still doesn't know--- "...what has happened to me?"  His dad is going to lie to everyone about his death since he was fed the story of Barnabas dying to the plague.... oh yeah there's a lot going on here.  Anyway, this looks like the end of the road for her... he realizes what's up now and that she tried staking him to prevent him from "waking up".... oh yeah, he just choked her out: "all your powers of witchcraft won't save you now!"  He had enough of her shit at this point.  

This reminds me---the later Johnny Depp/Tim Burton version of Dark Shadows is on Netflix now.  I never watched that one all the way through... I may out of morbid curiosity... the thing that disappoints me with that one is that it appears to be played mostly as comedy.  That movie had a cool, interesting look overall of course since it's a Tim Burton production... but as mentioned before, I prefer my supernatural stuff to have at least a mostly serious tone. (**this is also the annoying thing about most VtM podcast/live-play shows I notice online....a LOT of people that perform them online like a "show" tend to make it annoyingly lighthearted, silly and very "PG13" like this is some modern-era Marvel movie, with a lot of the dialogue trying to be the "witty one-liner".....it's just a real shame considering what kind of awesomely dark, twisted shit is *really* going on in that lore....and considering what vampires should be, imo.)

10 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

I got a bad feeling about this

I just feel like Bay is going to make this generic...I don't see him doing a good job on this.

I mean they are going to have to do a lot to not only top the original but not end up looking like a weaker or less sci Fi version of the previous Western version of the story we got in the Dread movie.

What's good ya? Happy new years. Hey so I have a phone interview this Friday with Pratt&Whittney. It's engine maintenance where you have to travel and do engine work on location. So it's an opportunity to do some globe trotting on a company's dime.

But due to international travel being a requirement. I need to be vaccinated. So any advice on where I can research the pros and cons of the covid vaccine? Are there different ones? Any possible serious side effects? 

Im not sure about getting vaccinated. But an opportunity to work for Pratt&Whittney doesn't come every day

4 minutes ago, BB_Hoody said:

But due to international travel being a requirement. I need to be vaccinated. So any advice on where I can research the pros and cons of the covid vaccine? Are there different ones? Any possible serious side effects? 

Im not sure about getting vaccinated. But an opportunity to work for Pratt&Whittney doesn't come every day

Get either Pfizer or Moderna.  Your odds of serious side effects are very remote for both, but Pfizer is EVER SO SLIGHTLY safer.  FWIW, the side effects from either are also things that can happen to you from just straight up catching CoVid, and the odds are safer on the  vaxxes than on CoVid for sure.

Travelling for work is really fun.  Pandemic has really cut down on my opportunity to, but it also means a lot of shit is less crowded than travelling in the before times when you do get out.

Simon Kinberg - a classic example of failing upward in Hollywood.

He was a mixed bag writer/producer and got himself the gig of directing X-men Dark Phoenix bc he's a producer in good graces with Fox.

He had never directed a feature film let alone a big budget one before lol.

Movie sucked and bombed, but apparently became friends with Jessica Chastain.

Instead of being banished to netherrealm gets to direct another movie with her and a good cast, 

what a surprise- movie sucks ass. AGAIN!

2 hours ago, Wellman said:

I mean they are going to have to do a lot to not only top the original but not end up looking like a weaker or less sci Fi version of the previous Western version of the story we got in the Dread movie.

I was gonna say they already remade this movie in the west in Dread, and none of you went and saw it even tho it was fucking awesome and now we will never another one! *cries into his pillow*

2 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

How has it been two years and multiple people in this very thread tell you not once has anyone ever said Vaccines and Boosters prevent you from catching Covid, or spreading it?

How many times do people have to repeate themselves to you before it penetrates your brain?

After about 2 months of engaging with such people in social media, you just realize it's a lost cause with those kind of people, especially when they go on their "LOL government control/population control" BS tangent

So why get the vaccine?  Why shill for it if it really doesnt do anything other than "make your symptoms not as bad"?  Is y'all just scurry of gettin' a cold or the flu?  I mean, thats what covid is like. 

Lot of you have had it now and not a single one of you has died.  Most of you were vaccinated too. 

shit cracks me up

Really no need to get the vaccine other than to make yourself feel secure.  Even then you're still gonna get the covid (flu). 

Edited by Faltimar the Dark

I told my friend yesterday about googling your name along with “the hedgehog” and you’ll find your Sonic OC. She didn’t believe me so I typed her name in this morning and sent her a bunch of Sonic OC’s names after her. 

The icing on the cake is one of them may be made by her co-worker who has a major crush on her. Before she saw the OC’s I sent her She said she was talking to the said co-worker, who is a furry about Sonic and my friend said the co-worker had made and drew a Sonic OC named after my friend. 

Im laughing so hard at all this. I had a really shit day at work on Sunday and contemplated calling in today but I feel this will give me the energy to persevere. 

Edited by iStu X
3 minutes ago, iStu X said:

I told my friend yesterday about googling your name along with “the hedgehog” and you’ll find your Sonic OC. She didn’t believe me so I typed her name in this morning and sent her a bunch of Sonic OC’s names after her. 

Hmmm....

271a1ea5b021ea820f85d2ed1ce92d62.jpg

I dunno why I got a skunk, but this stinks....

And I just filled my dad joke quota of the day

2 minutes ago, Lantis said:

Hmmm....

271a1ea5b021ea820f85d2ed1ce92d62.jpg

I dunno why I got a skunk, but this stinks....

And I just filled my dad joke quota of the day

Oh your name is Geoffrey?   Also that character you pulled is actually from the Archie run of the comics before the Penders Purge/soft reboot occured so he's semi OC semi not.

1 hour ago, Faltimar the Dark said:

So why get the vaccine?  Why shill for it if it really doesnt do anything other than "make your symptoms not as bad"?  Is y'all just scurry of gettin' a cold or the flu?  I mean, thats what covid is like. 

Here's how it happened in real time. At first they were hoping the vaccine would stop spread. It did a great job at helping your body fight it. That's what was shown in the trials and how it's played out. If you have a small chance of ending up in the hospital, the vaccine basically nukes that even lower.

What happened with the roll out was that they found the vaccine to be great fighting health issues but not completely stopping spread. There are already vaccines out there whose sole job is to make sure you don't get very ill from certain diseases.  The difference is that whenever we were in biology, this part of it was fully elaborated to us in class because we had to slice up a frog or some other stuff came up.

Where were at currently is that we hospitals, and the general health care systems, are still running on red. You can have the population take a vaccine that helps prevent the chance of serious issue and by that help lessen the load on hospitals or go around pretending that it's some bullshit and slam the hospitals.

If the hospital get too slammed, we go back to 2020 status on a lot of things. Is the vaccine going to magically destroy covid? No. Is the vaccine going to make sure that hospitals have less problems? Yes. Hospitals having less problems matters a lot since that's a lot of surgeries that get postponed when people ignore the vaccine and go do stupid stuff.

From the point of view of a lot of people, you could take a free preventative treatment that help reduce stress on the system but are choosing not to; then you run to the system that people are trying to keep afloat for help.

Is what it is.